Rainmaker! - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2009, 10:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 127524
Rainmaker!

Today I installed nozzles that spray a VERY fine mist. This is a brand new kit which will be available through Overbuilt Customs in the near future. Below are the details.

This is the water reservoir. It holds 6 gallons of water and is clear so you can see how much water you have left. I installed mine on the left side of the vehicle on top of my Tuffy security box. I will have a bracket made for it next week to keep it from sliding around.

Disclaimer photo!

I chose to run the power wire and water line under the roll bar padding, starting at the back left, up across the top, and to the windshield.

The power wire was then run to the switch I installed in my Tuffy overhead security console (4th switch from the left). However, you could run the wire down the left side of the windshield quite easily and put a switch near the front left speaker.

I continued running the water line across the top of the windshield and then under the right side roll bars, where it then ended.

The water nozzles are like a "T"...you just cut the wire at the location you want to install the nozzle, plug the water line into one in and the other part of the line into the other end...making it one whole piece again. The water then comes out the 3rd point.

I installed 4 nozzles (one for each seat). The blue valve in the first picture is a cut-off valve. I put this in so that if I'm the only one in the vehicle, I can make it so the water only comes out on the left side. Since the water line is on a continuous loop, I cannot make it so that it only comes out the front left nozzle (driver seat) unless I ran put the first nozzle there. It's possible though, because I could go from there, across the front windshield to the front right seat, then to the rear right seat, then across the rear roll bar to the rear left seat. I might re-do this, but am not sure if I'll bother with it just yet.

Front left.

Rear left.

Front right.

Rear right.

More to come in a few minutes...
WFTW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2009, 10:20 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 127524
CONTINUED...

The nozzles can be rotated in or out. This will come in handy if you're hanging out at the beach outside the vehicle or if you want to adjust where you want the mist to spray.

Here they are in action...

The water they shoot out is VERY fine. On a hot day in the sun, you will notice it will cool you off, but will far from drench you.

This thing is PERFECT for those of us who like riding around with our doors and tops off. Sitting in traffic in the summer will no longer be unbearable. I won't sweat my you-know-whats off when rock crawling either.

The water tanks will be available in different sizes and different shapes. They will even be available in a bladder (that you could hang from Raingler Nets, the back of a seat, etc.

The application will work with ANY vehicle, but is targeted towards those with Jeeps, old FJ's, trailered rigs, and anything else that has removable doors and/or tops. You could even put it on ATV's.

Recommendation...install a relay. The pump only puts out 2 watts max, but you never know.

Recommendation...if you choose to install this like I did, then you may want to stitch up the part of the roll bar padding that was cut to install the nozzles. I will be getting that done next week so the cuts do not expand.

NOTE: ANY type of water can be run with this. You will not have to worry about water sitting in the lines for extended period of times, which could eventually clog the nozzles. When you turn this off, the water is sucked out of the lines back into the reservoir.

NOTE: You can run as many nozzles as you want...2, 4, 6, etc. It's just a matter of cutting the water line and plugging in a nozzle...VERY easy! The kit will come with 4 nozzles.

If anyone has any questions, fire away and I'll do my best to answer them. Oh, and no, I don't get a kick-back or whatever. I was just the fortunate individual who was the first to get this.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2009, 10:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 43894
meh.

I think its cool, but if I were doing it I'd install the injectors into my air intake and get some finer nozzles and use it for water/meth injection. Thats what I thought this thread was going to be about after seeing the first 3 pics.

I like hot weather.

Old 03-24-2009, 11:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 127524
I like hot weather too (have lived in FL most my life), but I don't like being uncomfortably hot.

I'm sure this mod isn't for everyone, but I'm liking it. Will definitely come in handy when I'm wheeling in places like FL, TX, AZ, NM, UT, and CA April through July.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 43894
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFTW View Post
I like hot weather too (have lived in FL most my life), but I don't like being uncomfortably hot.

I'm sure this mod isn't for everyone, but I'm liking it. Will definitely come in handy when I'm wheeling in places like FL, TX, AZ, NM, UT, and CA April through July.
Agreed. Single guys in their 20's probably don't pay as much attention to being hot I guess. 10 or 20 years from now, I'd seriously consider this mod.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 7352
Tried one of those systems on my back deck and all it did was make it more humid. That's with the nozzles creating a "curtain of fine mist" 5-6' away from the seating just as the instructions stated.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:18 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 25517
Send a message via Yahoo to ffdustyw
I bet you could toss some Potpourri in that thing and freshen the rig up on a beer fart day.
Maybe I'll buy one for my bathroom.
[COLOR="Yellow"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Times New Roman"]97 Dodge 1500 Dueces, OEM spool/ARB, 54" Baja Claws, 16" Coilovers, Atlas II 3.8:1, PSC Full Hydro, Hughes Engines 408c.i. F.A.S.T/46re with 48re internals[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Olive"][SIZE="4"]Kodiak Dodge Build:[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR="YellowGreen"][SIZE="3"]https://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=702415
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]Dodge,Duck, Dip, Dive, & Dodge[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Last edited by ffdustyw; 03-25-2009 at 01:18 AM.
ffdustyw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2009, 07:16 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 34601
interesting......

i was thinking it was going to be some kind of fire supression system.
run it to under the hood for that

95zj: 4.0,42re,231,d44/9,4.56,35's long arms. blah blah blah ....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ohiozj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2009, 07:42 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 13959
Send a message via AIM to 87JeepWrangler
i want to install one in my passenger seat. then i can give unsuspecting passengers a wet ass all day, and laugh at them when i'm dry and they're wet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
87JeepWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2009, 08:05 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 117547
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87JeepWrangler View Post
i want to install one in my passenger seat. then i can give unsuspecting passengers a wet ass all day, and laugh at them when i'm dry and they're wet.
Or unsuspecting chicks a wet t-shirt all day! come on the rest of the people on the trail will thank you!
N6FZY
FuzzyZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2009, 10:00 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 15404
Looks like a good way to get dust to stick to you???
Old 03-25-2009, 10:06 AM   #12 (permalink)
thhhpptthh!

Member # 10798
Send a message via AIM to sceep Send a message via MSN to sceep
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcurrier44 View Post
Looks like a good way to get dust to stick to everything???
^^fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by USDA forest service website
It is every American's birthright to use the national forests and grasslands in multiple ways, including outdoor recreation in all its forms.
sceep is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2009, 10:48 AM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 97119
how much did all that cost?

Id just rock this
Attached Images

Quote:
You know if Chuckie comes back he will get banned again...If Camo dosent do it I can see him pokin me till I do it...

Oh how the tables have turned Slitty
Bajabomber87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2009, 08:49 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 44006
this thread is awesome. I have to say I agree with the rest of the guys. I'd rock a shamu mister or something like those pictured...lol...

for $4.99.

plus, when you get out of your rig, you can carry it with you and put mist on some un-expecting lovely like this...

Last edited by kodiak1232003; 03-25-2009 at 08:50 PM.
kodiak1232003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2009, 10:01 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 127524
If I were concerned about "dust," I (A) wouldn't be taking my Jeep off-road, and (B) wouldn't be on Pirate4x4.

True, this unit isn't for everyone, but I'm likin' it a lot. If you're worried about dust, don't use it on dirt trails. When I have my doors off and/or top down in traffic, I can turn them on to cool me off (if you live in a southern state in the Summer, you'll understand the need for that). It can also be used to cool off while at the beach.

For those who don't like it, that's fine...just thought I'd share the idea.

Last edited by WFTW; 03-27-2009 at 07:47 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:27 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 97119
How much did you spend though? a lil price break down would be nice

Quote:
You know if Chuckie comes back he will get banned again...If Camo dosent do it I can see him pokin me till I do it...

Oh how the tables have turned Slitty

Last edited by Bajabomber87; 03-26-2009 at 10:28 PM.
Bajabomber87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2009, 11:31 AM   #17 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 1499
I like the idea, but I had a friend who had a very similar system. He took it off after a couple of seasons because it caused the dust to turn to mud and cake up everywhere. He said it was such a pain to clean up he would rather deal with the heat. BTW he was on the Rubicon and Fordyce primarily.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:24 PM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 127524
The kit is $499.99 at your door (shipping, handling, and tax is included).

I'll be hitting states in the south, west, north, and east from April to October. If you attend a WFTW event you can check it out in person, otherwise I can let you know how it does in the "dust." Thus far, in Florida, it's nice to have.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in