What would you pay for 20's? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2009, 12:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Owner TWF

Member # 89489
What would you pay for 20's?

UPDATE!!! 10-2-09

I will not be recentering these wheels, nor will I be cutting out the centers or making new centers for them. HOWEVER. I'm selling them for $85

Thanks a Kick Ass deal. I don't have but 30 or so left so get in while they last. I need the room.

Thanks!!

Todd

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
I just scored a shit pot of 20" wheels that I'm going to be making double beadlocks out of. What would you give for a 20" Double beadlock wheel? They are 11" wide. The shells that I'm starting with are new. They are a split rim just like a 12 bolt H1. I will be able to cut whatever centers people would want. Rockwell......8x6.5 etc. New centers will be 1/2" thick.

Before I jump in with a ton of stock in centers etc. I wanted to see what others thougth a price should be or what you would pay (without being a douch about it). They will be powder coated with PVC inserts.

If your looking to be the jackass to post up, free........ or any other dumbass joke keep it to yourself. Thanks for those wanting to help!!

~~~~~~~~~~UPDATE~~~~~~~~

After posting up and with the amount of stuff I have to work on now I don't need to add 20's to the list of things I recenter. I'm going to sell these wheels off in stock form for 100 ea.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TWF Double Beadlock Wheels, TWF Transfer cases!!, Cheap 37" Tires, PitBull Tire dealer, RaceLine Wheel dealer, Rock rings, Wheel centers, Custom Splice winch rope, PVC inserts, O rings, Hummer wheels, NIB Rubber Runflats, Rockwell Axles, Marsh Racing dealer, 37" Guard Dogs, Cheap LED Light bars, Loud Horns
406 YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2009, 12:51 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 44856
Send a message via AIM to DownNDirty
Plate or pressed style centers? To me there would be a definite price difference that I would be willing to pay for pressed style with that big of a center. I am probably an ass but I would want to pay 3-400 or less depending on design. I know my 16.5s I have 200/each in.
DownNDirty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2009, 12:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 81456
Would the new centers be welded pre-shipping or would that portion be "do it yourself".

I'm hoping you would have them welded considering the powder coating.
Either way i'm going to watch this thread along with the other 20" rims for sale thread, i'm definately in the market.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 95025
Quote:
Originally Posted by 406 YJ View Post
I just scored a shit pot of 20" wheels that I'm going to be making double beadlocks out of. What would you give for a 20" Double beadlock wheel? They are 11" wide. The shells that I'm starting with are new. They are a split rim just like a 12 bolt H1. I will be able to cut whatever centers people would want. Rockwell......8x6.5 etc. New centers will be 1/2" thick.

Before I jump in with a ton of stock in centers etc. I wanted to see what others thougth a price should be or what you would pay (without being a douch about it). They will be powder coated with PVC inserts.

If your looking to be the jackass to post up, free........ or any other dumbass joke keep it to yourself. Thanks for those wanting to help!!

Todd

As little as possible !

President Trump on building the wall:
"THIS IS WHERE WE HOLD THEM!!! THIS IS WHERE WE FIGHT!!! THIS IS WHERE THEY'RE DEPORTED!!!"

V.P.Pence:
BUILD THIS WALL, BOYS!!!

Fearless Indians:
Awe-Ooo!!!
CDA 455 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2009, 02:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Owner TWF

Member # 89489
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownNDirty View Post
Plate or pressed style centers? To me there would be a definite price difference that I would be willing to pay for pressed style with that big of a center. I am probably an ass but I would want to pay 3-400 or less depending on design. I know my 16.5s I have 200/each in.
If I can score a source for pressed centers. I'll sell them that way. But I have to be honnest. I've sold 1000's of H1's and everyone HAD to have pressed centers. I don't charge one dollar more for them recentered with pressed or flat centers and I sell more flat centers than I do pressed.

You say you have 200 in your 16.5's. Do they have rock rings? Are they 8 or 12 bolt wheels? I am the H1 Whore. I whore myself out because I set out to be the best price. I wanted someone to be able to buy a recentered wheel from me that will ship out with rock rings, new centers, new o rings, new valve cores, blasted and powdercoated cheaper than someone could run out and buy a set of stock wheels and all the parts and do them theirself for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elongate View Post
Would the new centers be welded pre-shipping or would that portion be "do it yourself".

I'm hoping you would have them welded considering the powder coating.
Either way i'm going to watch this thread along with the other 20" rims for sale thread, i'm definately in the market.
They will be 1/2" flat centers that we will ship out welded in.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TWF Double Beadlock Wheels, TWF Transfer cases!!, Cheap 37" Tires, PitBull Tire dealer, RaceLine Wheel dealer, Rock rings, Wheel centers, Custom Splice winch rope, PVC inserts, O rings, Hummer wheels, NIB Rubber Runflats, Rockwell Axles, Marsh Racing dealer, 37" Guard Dogs, Cheap LED Light bars, Loud Horns
Old 04-03-2009, 03:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 97119
Well Stazworks are 440 plus, I think if you could get them down to 250-300 range a pop that would be competitive, I'd be in for a set since I cant afford Stazworks $$$ right now

Quote:
You know if Chuckie comes back he will get banned again...If Camo dosent do it I can see him pokin me till I do it...

Oh how the tables have turned Slitty
Bajabomber87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2009, 03:34 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 30371
What kind of backspacings can be done on these?
Tellico Post #200!!!
CTENG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2009, 04:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 104850
$200
Old 04-03-2009, 09:33 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 78722
Very Interested?? $200-$250 ???
Doug H is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2009, 02:05 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 30721
I need 9-10 wheels for my deuce and a half and trailer. Interested to hear how this all sorts out.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:14 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 17121
it would greatly depend on what type of wheel you are using, teh weight and the quality. we've made some out of semi wheels, and they worked great, but are heavy as shit. are you making them out of 1/2'' plate? so when bolted together, the center will be 1''? am i understanding that right? that's some heavy shit! or are you making them out of 1/4, so when you bolt them together they are 1/2''?

i would think $300 would be a good point, depending on the style of the center, and quality and type of the outer wheel.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:51 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 72951
I would say $250-300 depending on style and if they have rock rings installed or as and option. In that price range I bet you would own the market.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 33155
I paid more for my double beadlocks from Marsh, more than what Staz is charging, because I prefer that design, (for the relatively small price difference). If I would have had an option like what your describing in the $250-350 range, I probably would have gone that route.
RockTonka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2009, 03:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
The Piratenite

Member # 4
Send a message via Yahoo to camo
I have a 4 used 39.5 IROKs

and 1 brand new one for 20's

somebody buy them ....cheap.

search the classifieds for my thread
camo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2009, 03:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
e

Member # 3709
I'm not a fan of dubs so I wouldn't pay for them.
e is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2009, 04:02 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 77290
Id say 200-250 each..

Keep em cheaper and under a stack. That will make more guys go towards them.
philadelphia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2009, 09:53 PM   #17 (permalink)
Owner TWF

Member # 89489
Quote:
Originally Posted by JESSE_at_TLT View Post
I need 9-10 wheels for my deuce and a half and trailer. Interested to hear how this all sorts out.
Go to my site and give me a call. I need to get some of these things gone. I have them eating up a ton of room in our plant. Maybe we can work out a deal where you can buy them in the stock form and do your own thing with them. The way they are now is for the 5 ton 10 lug patern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue p.o.s. View Post
it would greatly depend on what type of wheel you are using, teh weight and the quality. we've made some out of semi wheels, and they worked great, but are heavy as shit. are you making them out of 1/2'' plate? so when bolted together, the center will be 1''? am i understanding that right? that's some heavy shit! or are you making them out of 1/4, so when you bolt them together they are 1/2''? They are Hemmt wheels. VERY nice stuff. The way they are designed now there is 2 halfs the plates are 5/8 on both halfs. I'm going to cut that out and go with 1/2 or 3/4 flat centers. REcenter them to where I can set the BS and change the center to whatever hub someone is running. They are heavy. But if I'm going to have weight on my rig I'll take it low

i would think $300 would be a good point, depending on the style of the center, and quality and type of the outer wheel.
Thanks for the info

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockTonka View Post
I paid more for my double beadlocks from Marsh, more than what Staz is charging, because I prefer that design, (for the relatively small price difference). If I would have had an option like what your describing in the $250-350 range, I probably would have gone that route.
Sell your wheels and run mine Thanks for your info!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo View Post

Camo........ You are as bad as some of us vendors

Quote:
Originally Posted by philadelphia View Post
Id say 200-250 each..

Keep em cheaper and under a stack. That will make more guys go towards them.

If I don't have to dick with pvc inserts which they don't come with then I can keep my prices down. But if you price what my pvc inserts are made out of. That stuff is crazy expensive.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:12 PM   #18 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 53952
Send a message via AIM to Hubbler
I would be very interested in a set if you keep em around $250-$300. I need em for a set of ZF apl 345's. Dont really need powder coat tho.
Hubbler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2009, 11:19 PM   #19 (permalink)
6x6x6 ROCKCRAWLER!!

Member # 66537
Send a message via Yahoo to turbosniper1
Is this $250-$300 price range you are talking about complete with the new 1/2" custom centers, welded in, and the PVCs??? I understand no tires or rock-rings at this point.... but that would be a hell of a deal in my opinion! I would like to second the question that was brought up before in post #7.... What kind of backspacing options would there be on these monsters?? And also do you have an approximate weight of these behemoths?
Thanks and keep up the good work buddy!
Matt

'69 RockAuto.com Jeepster Commando🇺🇸👍🏼😎👍🏼
TWF Double Beadlocks, Pitbull Tires, Recentered 8/12/24-bolt H1 Wheels
37" Goodyear Wrangler MT/Radials (H-1 Takeoffs) from $125 ea

turbosniper1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2009, 11:29 PM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 74467
Location: Lake Havasu City, Arizona, Fastest lake in the world
Since I just got new 17" beadlocks and tires, I find this thread where I might have made a better deal.

I would have paid $234 each for 5 if you'd had them up when I was buying. That's what I paid for brand new custom made 17" beadlocks I went to the factory and picked up. Not that I want to go to Kansas, but that gives you an idea of a value I can deal with.
hkunz93308 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2009, 11:31 PM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 65765
How crazy can you get with the backspacing? Any chance you can do a set of dually wheels?

I will call you tomorrow or Monday. I am interested in 6 (possibly 7 -- spare) wheels. I can run either 6 lug rock pattern or the 10 lug 5 ton pattern.

Thanks
Old 04-24-2009, 12:02 AM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 93306
Quote:
Originally Posted by camo View Post

stop pimpin your junk in the wrong section

Last edited by bardenk1; 04-24-2009 at 12:02 AM.
bardenk1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2009, 07:57 AM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 44856
Send a message via AIM to DownNDirty
My H1s were 12 bolt with pressed centers. rock rings, and new o-rings. Granted I paid way to much for the rims to begin with and then had to do all the work myself. My "cheap" doubles weren't that cheap in the end. For 20's I would just pay to have it done and either painted or powder coated. I would double that they could be made at $250 but $300 would still be a great price. I would want pressed centers again considering that one of mine is bent from jumping and landing on that one wheel.
DownNDirty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2009, 01:43 PM   #24 (permalink)
6x6x6 ROCKCRAWLER!!

Member # 66537
Send a message via Yahoo to turbosniper1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownNDirty View Post
My H1s were 12 bolt with pressed centers. rock rings, and new o-rings. Granted I paid way to much for the rims to begin with and then had to do all the work myself. My "cheap" doubles weren't that cheap in the end. For 20's I would just pay to have it done and either painted or powder coated. I would double that they could be made at $250 but $300 would still be a great price. I would want pressed centers again considering that one of mine is bent from jumping and landing on that one wheel.
He said they would most likely be 1/2" plate centers... I don't think you will be able to bend one of those very easily...

'69 RockAuto.com Jeepster Commando🇺🇸👍🏼😎👍🏼
TWF Double Beadlocks, Pitbull Tires, Recentered 8/12/24-bolt H1 Wheels
37" Goodyear Wrangler MT/Radials (H-1 Takeoffs) from $125 ea

turbosniper1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2009, 02:08 PM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 72951
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosniper1 View Post
He said they would most likely be 1/2" plate centers... I don't think you will be able to bend one of those very easily...

Or pick one up

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in