Pirate 4x4 banner

beadlock reviews!

36K views 63 replies 40 participants last post by  shortsub 
#1 ·
looked for a review thred, couldent find one, might as well make one. what kind of beadlocks are you running? where did u get them? how much? most important, do they work? pictures are always nice too.
thanks, Mike

#7 ·
I get a call almost every day where a guy has single beadlocks and HAS TO HAVE double beadlocks because he keeps rolling a bead.

12 bolt double beadlock with pressed center and "Wicked" rings and pvc inserts 280ea

8 bolts with pressed centers "half rings" and pvc inserts 240ea

These are our new wide 12 bolts with "standard" rings and pvc inserts 340ea.
(picture is of a 49" Irok with only half of the wheel in this picture)

#25 ·
I get a call almost every day where a guy has single beadlocks and HAS TO HAVE double beadlocks because he keeps rolling a bead.
Thats the problem with 16.5's. And Double beadlocking them is a bandaid for an aged tire design. All the tire manufactures are slowly discontinuing their 16.5 tires. If you're buying rims why not buy 17"s??? Everyone and their dog makes a wheeling 17" tire, think stickys's...

#32 ·
I like my KMC's so far
I bent 2 brand new KMC's at my first comp. The rollovers they saw were not harsh enough to justify the wheels bending IMO.

#17 ·
weld ons are great
I have 15" or I would get the hummers
2 trips so far for me, others owners had more trips on them, been running 4lbs 47" LTBs

Attachments

#18 ·
i like weld-ons.....added a 3/16 rod on the inside bead. seems to work great for my purpose. but i have under what it costs for all of them than even 1 hummer or any alloy versions would be

#20 ·
Only 99% of the people that own them:D

12 bolts with standard rings and pressed 8 lug centers. He just fired me these pics today. Keep in mind they are double beadlocks.

#23 · (Edited)
I made my beadlocks.. 1/4" steel welded on to steel rims.

Mine work great I have had them for over 3 years and never had an issue..

If you can not afford the bling aluminum ones and want some beadlocks. weld on ones work great and are a great option.. and 99% of them working is the person putting them together.. IE: can you weld and have no leaks.. I have NONE

bunch of pics in process of building them here:
http://rides.webshots.com/album/275972756iREgjD?start=0

Land vehicle Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Wheel

Land vehicle Off-roading Vehicle Car Automotive tire

video for ya:
YouTube - Trail 5 hill climb at Rausch Creek 05/2009

YouTube - Tombstone at Rausch Creek 05/2009

#33 ·
had my own rings lazer cut and used a 15x12 to start with on my 47" LTB's to have as much sidewall as possible to use.

#37 · (Edited)
Ran my Staz 16.5s for over 3 years at 3lbs of air and never had a bead or air burping issue. I'd still be running those rims if comp rubber fit them.

another angle of my 17s. just can't get the black chrome powder coat to show up very well. they're look pretty dang impressive in person. Its even hard to tell theres a 3/8" cold rolled rim protector. :smokin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.