Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum (/forum/)
-   General 4x4 Discussion (https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/16-general-4x4-discussion/)
-   -   RIM GAPS the latest product from www.bootiefab.com.au (https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/general-4x4-discussion/82750-rim-gaps-latest-product-www-bootiefab-com-au.html)

RUFF 09-23-2002 06:29 AM

RIM GAPS the latest product from www.bootiefab.com.au

1 Attachment(s)
Yes we are now prode top anounce our muchly awaited "Rim Gaps" are now available here are a few pics of us fitting them Down Under style.

P.S "Rim Gaps" are used when you cant get enough back spacing with the rim you have.

First you need to cut the centre out

RUFF 09-23-2002 06:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Then you need to trial fit your "Rim Gaps" to see how much of the gap you need.

RUFF 09-23-2002 06:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry these are the "Rim Gaps" we have used they are the 32mm style gaps but they come in other sizes also.

RUFF 09-23-2002 06:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
After trial fitting and adjusting the "Gap" you can start welding them in.

RUFF 09-23-2002 06:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Make sure you have the proper balancing and aligning machine before fitting your "Gaps"

Here is a pic of the "Gap" almost fitted to the rim while on our profesional balancer.

RUFF 09-23-2002 06:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
We also have a custom "Guard Clearancing" option as well.

We just fit the wheel under the fender and push your rig off the high lift jack.

RUFF 09-23-2002 06:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Making sure it drops fully on to the tire.

RUFF 09-23-2002 06:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Then we are done fenders now clear 16/38.5/15s and we have 2" back spacing with custom "Rim Gaps"

RUFF 09-23-2002 06:47 AM

P.S please dont try this at home as we are fully qualified "Bootie Fab Engineers" and have trained for many years to do these types of modifications :flipoff2:

EasyXJ 09-23-2002 08:04 AM

You guys should sell that custom fender clearancing kit:D :D :D

Easy

TJ99 09-23-2002 08:33 AM

Job well done:eek:

TyTy 09-23-2002 08:48 AM

You forgot to post a price. Please dont forget the seperate prices for both the rim gaps and the clearanceing.:D

I Lean 09-23-2002 09:46 AM

The funniest part is, all the work making those "rim gaps" was completely unecessary. Once the wheel center was removed, you can get the 2" (or less) backspacing by flipping the shell around, so what used to be the outer bead is now the inner, and vice versa.

BJ On Roids 09-23-2002 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by I Lean
The funniest part is, all the work making those "rim gaps" was completely unecessary. Once the wheel center was removed, you can get the 2" (or less) backspacing by flipping the shell around, so what used to be the outer bead is now the inner, and vice versa.
by flipping the SHELL around as you put it, you then put the LARGER bead on the outside, and the inner bead (the one you can't beadlock, with a traditional ring) is NOW on the inside, and the one you hardly ever lose (larger bead) is now on the outside, and if you want to run beadlocks (in the traditional ring style) then you put them on the stronger bead....if you can understand my poor english i think this is what tony has done

my bootie fab bead removal pics are in!!

with my 10" wheels (for my new 42x15, 15TSLs) i needed to get some more backspacing, my current plan is to flip the "shell" and get 0" backspacing, but ruff as always is a few days ahead of me, and with the backing of a large offroad company at his disposal, :flipoff2: its any wonder!!

mine is more backyard bootie :D

BJ On Roids 09-23-2002 06:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
well i saw on malcom douglas special on bush survival that by driving across your tyre with no air in it, you can unseat the bead...

well after several funny and uninspiring attempts, and even a thought about going to the local tyre place and spending $5 and saving a few hours, :flipoff2: i decided against it....

deciding instead to get the bootie fab handbook out and remove the beads, AUSSIE STYLE, now, step one was to angle grind the tyres off...BUT one of my friends (smithy aka beastmontero/beastpaj) wanted the old tyres :rolleyes: so that ruled out that option, option two was to grab a front end loader, weighing in at a whopping....heavier than me, and use HYRO ;) to remove the beads.....

put tyre under fork blades, push down, repeat steps, pull tyre off using screwdrivers and brute force, later realise a better way to do it may have saved an hour or two ;)

then go out drinking and ignore the project for a week :mad:

PICSSSS

road1will 09-23-2002 06:48 PM

lol i love you aussies, always have a sense of humor. kind of like canadians eh? :D

Pathmaker 09-23-2002 06:50 PM

is there a package deal for both?

BJ On Roids 09-23-2002 08:02 PM

1 male kangaroo and 4 female kangaroos, for the wheel package :flipoff2:

the guard cutting package is an additional female kanga!

or 2 crocodiles will cover the whole lot (any sex)

this offer is limited

Strange Rover 09-23-2002 10:01 PM

That is the funniest shiat I have read in a long time.

But seriously the rim gaps work awesome and are easy to do (I helped ruff do em) and you can get any backspacing you want without flipping the rim (so that the "long" bead is still on the inside so that you put the beadlock on the outside "short" bead).

And they also run straighter than they did to start with.

Sam

1248bullitt 09-23-2002 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Pathmaker
is there a package deal for both?
I'm interested. lol

Wes

uglyscout 09-23-2002 10:22 PM

118 Attachment(s)
Bootie Fab is the best!! I can't stop laughing.....

RUFF 09-24-2002 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by uglyscout
Bootie Fab is the best!! I can't stop laughing.....
Hey dude "Bootie Fab" is not to be laughed at this is some serious shit going on here we are offering a revolutionary, totaly amazing,never been done before new service.

NIC 09-24-2002 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by RUFF

Hey dude "Bootie Fab" is not to be laughed at this is some serious shit going on here we are offering a revolutionary, totaly amazing,never been done before new service.

but only if you phone with in the next 15 minutes, and be one of the first 10000000 callers and will we through in free RooNuts, the bootie fab australian version of the trucknuts with that "downunder" appeal.

NICK

BJ On Roids 09-25-2002 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by RUFF

this is no kidding around, its engineering at its finest