Any Good VTEC Engine Websites? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2002, 07:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 845
Any Good VTEC Engine Websites?

I'm trying to find a website that gives some really good info on the various honda vtec engines. I need to know stuff that would be useful in building something with one. Unfortunately, I can only find poser websites that talk about their new dubs(slight exageration). And I'm sick of looking at all the import pictures so I want to see if someone has a lead for me, thanks.

I want to build a big fourwheeler/fast 4 wheel drive go-kart thing now that my Jeep is mostly done and I think these engines would be a good powerplant choice.

CJ
CJ Lagos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2002, 07:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 11567
Send a message via AIM to biggnome Send a message via Yahoo to biggnome
Will this help?

This is pretty much what you want to build right?

http://www.patriot-racing.com/Patrio...cs/index.html#
biggnome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2002, 07:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 845
Those things are sweet! Definately a cool idea...I guess along the same lines but completely different :P

MORE INFO!

Old 09-25-2002, 07:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 845
Actually after watching some of those videos maybe that is what I want to build. Now, how to get a Jeep body on it. :P

CJ
Old 09-25-2002, 08:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
TDW

Member # 1352
Re: Any Good VTEC Engine Websites?

Quote:
Originally posted by CJ Lagos
... now that my Jeep is mostly done...
CJ
Off topic but do you have any updated pics of it?
TDW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2002, 08:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
For Kayla

Member # 12343
Send a message via AIM to JParuBob Send a message via MSN to JParuBob Send a message via Yahoo to JParuBob Send a message via Skype™ to JParuBob
what is it that you're wanting to know exactly?? I read all sorts of magazines, and could possibly maybe steer you in the right direction...

PM me or drop me an email... or i use various instant messaging programs... those are in my profile...

Quote:
Butt secks isn't for everyone........but it is for me!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
JParuBob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2002, 09:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
wes

Member # 168
Honda-tech.com is full of info. In most cases tho, the acura 1.8L GSR type motor is what most of the Honda guys are playing with.
wes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2002, 09:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
For Kayla

Member # 12343
Send a message via AIM to JParuBob Send a message via MSN to JParuBob Send a message via Yahoo to JParuBob Send a message via Skype™ to JParuBob
they are also playing with the 2.2 (h22) out of the prelude, and also hybrids using a CR-V head and 1.8 block...

Quote:
Butt secks isn't for everyone........but it is for me!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
JParuBob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2002, 11:11 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 10360
fuck the honda vtec dude.. get a Nissan SR20DE or SR20DET .. vtec licks my balls.. the sr20 is torquey some of the fastest sand rails are built on them and they're ready for or come with a turbo
Old 09-25-2002, 11:47 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 2619
Send a message via ICQ to DCruiser138 Send a message via AIM to DCruiser138
Quote:
Originally posted by wes
Honda-tech.com is full of info. In most cases tho, the acura 1.8L GSR type motor is what most of the Honda guys are playing with.

b16s are popular too. they are way cheeper. i like the b18c wich is the 1.8 gsr. it has more output ecxept for the h22a from the prelude. like i said...the b16s are cheep, but i feel not as cool as a b18c...friend just put one in his 88 crx...it fukin gets it!!!

what are you gonna do for a tranny in this buggy plan??
Old 09-25-2002, 11:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Pissing Excellence

Member # 517
Send a message via ICQ to Sillyneck
Quote:
Originally posted by DCruiser138

b16s are popular too. they are way cheeper. i like the b18c wich is the 1.8 gsr. it has more output ecxept for the h22a from the prelude. like i said...the b16s are cheep, but i feel not as cool as a b18c...friend just put one in his 88 crx...it fukin gets it!!!

what are you gonna do for a tranny in this buggy plan??
the idea is to turn the motor sideways and run the motor and 5 speed or auto or whatever...it's already got a "t-case"

4457 Team DMR
Poly Performance
Ruffstuff
Barnes Welding Supply Sacramento
RADFLO
Shock tuning..... I only work with underdogs.
Sillyneck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2002, 02:24 AM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 4321
Send a message via ICQ to DEnd Send a message via AIM to DEnd Send a message via MSN to DEnd Send a message via Yahoo to DEnd
hey Jparubob I think you got that backwards (but not sure) the only thing I've heard is people taking the CR-V block putting in some custom pistions and running the B18C head. or take the B18b/a block and putting a b16vtec head on it or a b18C head or whatever.... the V-tec head to not v-tec block swap is pretty simple just requires tapping the block, and head in the right places and plugging a hole in the head and of course running the right wires and using the right computer....

The B16 V-tecs you can get from $1400-$1800 new if I remember correctly there are lockers and spools avialable for the honda trannys as well and Jess could probablly make ya up some bomb proof driveshafts with a CV-joint (honda style) on one end with a spicer joint on the other. Use some D44's for axles... get some fiberglass honda body panles and have a ricer for rocks
Old 09-26-2002, 06:26 AM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 2685
CJ, Guy up here runs a custom fab shop built a full-tube buggy with a civic motor. Turned it sideways. Can't remember which tranny he's running, but I think he had moser machine a custom adapter for him. Anyways, he's got homemade c/o's in the rear and coils up front. Running 44s from a jeep or amc 20s, something like that. Runs 38 ground hawgs on it too. He drives this thing HARD and it holds up. He ran it in one of the Big Dog events last year. Can't miss it it's bright green. Anyways, I'll introduce you to him if you want. He's cool, I've traded a lot of parts with him.

He's working on another tube buggy right now with a prelude motor, toy axles, and dual toy cases.

I swapped a b18 into my bro-in-laws civic hb about 2 months ago. Probably the easiest swap ever. Everything bolts right up. B18s are $$$$$$$ though. I've got his old motor sitting in my garage if you're interested. Talk to you later.
Old 09-26-2002, 08:25 AM   #14 (permalink)
KSL

Member # 5200
correct me if i'm wrong but the normal vtech motors spin reverse. only the s2000 motor spins correct. not saying this is bad just something else to enginer around. one of the big shops in cali is JG enginering.

The user formally known as It'll fit
New name...same great flavor

I own too much crap....
KSL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2002, 10:13 AM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 9474
Re: Will this help?

Quote:
Originally posted by biggnome
This is pretty much what you want to build right?

http://www.patriot-racing.com/Patrio...cs/index.html#

Who want's one of those when you can have a samurai!
Old 09-26-2002, 04:13 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 2340
I can't believe I see the "VTEC" on Pirate

Quote:
fuck the honda vtec dude.. get a Nissan SR20DE or SR20DET
I second the SR20DET (turbo). We just dropped one into my brother's 240sx and it hauls ass. Upgrade the intercooler, exhaust and ECU and it'll push 250hp easy. Front wheel drive SR20DET's can be had for $1000 with the tranny and ECU, rear wheel drive setups usually go for $1800.
SAVAGE1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2002, 10:37 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 4321
Send a message via ICQ to DEnd Send a message via AIM to DEnd Send a message via MSN to DEnd Send a message via Yahoo to DEnd
Quote:
Originally posted by it'll fit
correct me if i'm wrong but the normal vtech motors spin reverse. only the s2000 motor spins correct. not saying this is bad just something else to enginer around. one of the big shops in cali is JG enginering.
Yep your right but it spins the right way at the Axles which is all that matters if they use the Tranny too

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in