Information on Bob Hazel. - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2002, 08:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 13956
Information on Bob Hazel.

Hey all this is my first post on here and I actually need your help on something I am working on. I need any information that you all might be able to provide about your experience with Bob Hazel or his promotion company "Sports In The Rough". I am researching him and how he has handled himself and the events he puts on. I have heard alot of negative stuff about him and need to know what is fact and fiction. I actually first read about him a while back when Skyjacker put on a event with Bob Hazel in Chattanooga, TN on Etna Mountain. One of my fellow chapter members from TTORA posted a link to a conversation you all here were having about him and that is what peaked my initial interest to him. Then I saw first hand at Etna that there was no cleanup effort or any initial provisions to contain the litter or uneccesary wear and tear to the trail system there. The natural areas were not roped off and the end result is alot of trampled plant life. Which will grow back in time but it was just a total lack and disregard for the area that really pissed me off. Also since I heard this is his standard practice of operation it is even more aggrivating, collect the money and disappear. So I had read that he really caused alot of problems at Monteagle, and wanted to hear from anyone with first hand experience and see what more I can learn about him. Thanks for you time and attention to this matter. Later, C.
IFS KING is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2002, 08:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
DRM
Super Moderator

Member # 8
Check the other thread - there are more than enough of us with first hand experience who already commented...

>It only hurts the first time you agree with me...
>"A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men."
DRM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2002, 08:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 5839
Search

God I have wanted to do this for some time now.

newbie!

Ya know, it just didn't feel as good has I was hoping for.

Steve

P.S. do a search.
sjb83cj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2002, 09:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 10643
Why are you spending your time researching him? Don't you have better things to do?
TrailKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2002, 09:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 13956
Yeah this is the response I figured I would get here! I am researching him because I along with others are sick of his abuse of our trail systems. If I need to explain to you why someone needs to make an issue about this you are too far gone to enlighten. I am not the type to just complain about him but I am the type that will collect all the pertinant data needed to bring this matter to an organization that will assist in enforceing guidelines to his events. Also he has his hand in the SFWDA annual "Dixie Run" that is at Tellico, NC. The ironic thing is that UNITED will be there promoting trail preservation and he is the opposite of what they are working towards. So I feel that preserviong our trails is a rather important subject matter that needs people to step up and do what they can, so I am and if you can do nothing but ask stupid questions then you are part of the problem. So thanks for your 2 cents.

If there is anyone that is interested in assisting with information I would appreciate it, I will also do a search as recommended but what I really need is individuals that have direct contact and experience with him, not just people who have gone off on him in a thread. thanks again. Later, C.
IFS KING is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2002, 09:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 6340
I am sure if you have now done the search you have about 30 first hand opinions

Marc

In what appears to have been an understatement, the plant operator described the situation at the Number 4 reactor as "not so good."

Love and kisses, Zaphod..
ItsaCJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2002, 01:28 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 8824
SFWDA!

I don't know where you got your info but NO, Bob Hazel has no hand in on the Dixie Run put on by SFWDA, Greg Griffith does most of the event planning, if you want to find some Hazel dirt then look around and search. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT, if I'm wrong then sorry, but to my knowledge after what was done in Monteagle Hazel isn't welcomed by any here. If I see him there this year I'll be EVERY pissed at Stefan and Bob Y. for having them there. I'm all for SFWDA but not SITR.
Jayrockn7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2002, 05:00 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 1599
Quote:
Originally posted by IFS KING
Yeah this is the response I figured I would get here!
Did you think you could just throwdown a post here as a NEWBIE and have US do all the work for ya?

I'll bet your Bob Hazel good twin!

Last edited by SpaceGhost; 09-27-2002 at 05:04 AM.
SpaceGhost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2002, 06:28 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 10058
Quote:
...but I am the type that will collect all the pertinant data needed to bring this matter to an organization that will assist in enforceing guidelines to his events.

What organization might that be? Just curious.

Mark
'tswaylo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2002, 09:30 AM   #10 (permalink)
DRM
Super Moderator

Member # 8
Quote:
Also he has his hand in the SFWDA annual "Dixie Run" that is at Tellico, NC.

I would be interested where you are getting your info on this... AFAIK - this is completely false.

>It only hurts the first time you agree with me...
>"A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men."
DRM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2002, 10:00 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 1757
Could this be a greenie trolling for info?

Eat your spaghetti :flipoff2:
withamc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2002, 10:47 AM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 3402
Quote:
Originally posted by DRM

I would be interested where you are getting your info on this... AFAIK - this is completely false.
Gotta go with DRM on this one. Bob has nothing to do with Dixie. I think he helped get it started long ago, but for the past 4 years that I know of he has had nothing to do with the orginization and running of the Dixie Run. Southern has handled that by ourselves (Greg and Stefan for the most part, but lots of others also).

As for "dirt" on Bob, do a search. The other thread listed lots of direct first hand info (including mine). I don't think there is any "body" that can do anything unless you get individual land owners to prusue Bob thru the legal system for something DIRECTLY linked to one of his events, and then you just might cause more of a problem than what you fix as Bob recruits local clubs and individuals to lead rides and besides the bad club PR, land that had been open may be closed.

Robert
Membership Director, United Four Wheel Drive Association
Vice President, Alabama OHV Association
Doc Savage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2002, 11:06 AM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 4878
Send a message via ICQ to Travis Waldher Send a message via MSN to Travis Waldher Send a message via Yahoo to Travis Waldher
Quote:
Originally posted by withamc
Could this be a greenie trolling for info?
Hmm... there are dangerous side affects to this line of thought... but...

If greenies wanted to sue hazel for environmental damage. Would anyone here complain? hmmm......

Travis Waldher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2002, 11:09 AM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 6291
I think it was 95-96 when I last went to a Dixie Run but Bob was much in charge then, I think Greg Griffith had alot to do with getting it together also. But Bob really seemed in charge at the event ...

- jack
morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2002, 01:31 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 5577
I know that if I was looking for hard facts on somebody, an Internet BBS is the First place I would look.

Asshat.
Old 09-27-2002, 01:56 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 994
So we should give you info to not only use against Bob Hazel but the rest of the 4WD community too?

Go find a better reason to pick a fight. Try keeping trails open and working with someone rather than make internal fights within the community

REAL smart move!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in