Rock Crawling Video Game - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a rock crawling video game
Heeeel Yeah!!!! 492 83.11%
Sure, why not 68 11.49%
eh, maybe 19 3.21%
What's a video game? 13 2.20%
Voters: 592. You may not vote on this poll

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 07:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 109967
Rock Crawling Video Game

OK so this weekend a group of friends and I where sitting around the shop and thinkin it would be pretty cool to have a rock crawling video game, I mean come on they already have baja, rally, drag racing etc. How cool would it be to have a game showcasing the fastest growing off road sport currently? So one of the guys happens to be related to a video game designer so he talked to him about it and his response was there is no market for such a game, so what do you guys think? Is there a market?

Thank's Baileigh, for the RDB-050 Bender!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

99frontier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2010, 08:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 142043
His dad is an idiot...

This would sell. End of story.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2010, 08:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 2160
I was working with a company a few years ago -Terminal reality , they bought the rights from Chevy to put my Truck in the game ,everything was looking great until the bottom dropped out and they almost went under trying to make games they thought would sell. As far as I know there still waiting for someone to buy the rights to it . rockcrawling is kinda slow for a video game but Koh may be a blast to play- Jess

- Also see us on facebook @ High Angle Driveline
530-877-2875
onetoncv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2010, 08:28 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 109967
I think it would depend largely on how the game was done, and having a variety like, crawling, rock racing, and KOH would be ideal I think it all could be fun!

Old 02-01-2010, 08:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
I brought the beer

Member # 10203
Send a message via ICQ to JeepRecoveryTeam Send a message via AIM to JeepRecoveryTeam Send a message via Yahoo to JeepRecoveryTeam
If your friend is interested at all, have him call me. We were at the table, literally, with a game design firm but the deal fell apart at the last minute.

I have three 'ultimate' goals for 2010 and this is one of them. The money is there, just have to be creative.

Dave

Hammerking Productions

JeepRecoveryTeam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2010, 08:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 137423
ive been dreaming of a rock crawling game for a long time.
HornyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2010, 08:38 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 109967
The whole reason for starting this thread was his lack of interest this is to try and peak it. I think with the current expansion of both rc and full scale crawling this could be a great alternative for those that are either in the process of building their own or can't build or afford to have a vehicle built for them!

Old 02-01-2010, 08:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 142043
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepRecoveryTeam View Post
If your friend is interested at all, have him call me. We were at the table, literally, with a game design firm but the deal fell apart at the last minute.

I have three 'ultimate' goals for 2010 and this is one of them. The money is there, just have to be creative.

Dave

Hammerking Productions
PM'd.

Last edited by NateK; 02-01-2010 at 08:46 PM.
NateK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2010, 08:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 55444
A crawler game would definetely be cool.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:41 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 21180
make sure this supports large resolutions like 5040x1050 for tripple monitor support.

Also, it had better be DX11. haha.

Casey
KC_JoNeS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2010, 08:44 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 17896
That would rock if they could do for crawling what THQ did for skating games.

I would play one.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:44 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 93306
fuck between web wheeling and possibly a video game i'd sell my jeep and never have to wheel again
Old 02-01-2010, 08:45 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 142043
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_JoNeS View Post
make sure this supports large resolutions like 5040x1050 for tripple monitor support.

Also, it had better be DX11. haha.

Casey
Most likely Xbox support, not sure about PC or other...
Old 02-01-2010, 08:46 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 109967
PC being a platform at least with his company is unlikely I do not believe they have ever done a PC game before, I think they work predominately with the 360.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:48 PM   #15 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 33543
Have it start as a weekend warrior where you can pick from a few starter vehicles (toyota, jeep, samurai) then get cash for the trails he conquers. As he gets more money he can buy parts for his rig, making it better and easier to tackle more challenging obstacles making more money. Eventually he gets enough money to enter a few races. After he wins a few he lucks out and gets a sponsor. He goes through all the phases with the end phase to beat the game being winning KING OF THE HAMMERS.

I would buy it and I dont even like video games that much.

Sponsors would probably pitch in to see their name in the game.

I have always thought of this but dont have the know how and $$$ flow to make it a reality.

Let me know if there is anything we can do to help this along.

Matt

Follow us on Facebook -

Off Road Parts and Accessories-

[B]
RockTacoAU is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2010, 08:50 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 109967
I like the way you think!

Old 02-01-2010, 08:58 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 108095
I stopped playing video games years ago when I got my jeep, I would definitely start again. I imagine you would be able to break things and have to repair them similar to racing games of the same sort. Very realistic, but man it would piss me off haha, probably more than breaking my own rig. Atleast with my rig I can put it in the garage for a week while I think about fixing it, I would want to wheel my video game rig again immediately.

willhf1011 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2010, 08:59 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 27003
Send a message via Yahoo to acprokeith
Id buy it, as long as it wasnt poorly put together. Too many games are thrown onto the market w/o getting feedback and refining them. Especially for the Wii, and thats what my son has. Dirt sucked (heard its way better on any other system) and it was mainly because stupid shit they could have fixed. Baja 1000 is pretty good. The options suck and the graphics get blocky sometimes, but its the best offroad game I have tried on the Wii yet.

Liking the idea of KOH, Crawling, and racing all in one too.

Rocktaco hit the nail on the head.

Last edited by acprokeith; 02-01-2010 at 09:01 PM.
acprokeith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2010, 09:05 PM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 91745
I've thought about this, too.

Here is what I found trying to see what is out there already.

1nsane Offroad -- seems like it's an older game. Looks like the physics engine is already there.
YouTube - 1nsane crawling - RedBull RockHer II
YouTube - Rock Crawling Insane offroad

Haven't really looked into finding a place to get it yet, though. Been meaning to, but I'm sure it won't be difficult...

Of course better graphics, the ability to create and share your own courses, and a "career" mode where you can get upgraded axles, new tires (that perform differently in different terrain) would be sweet/
Tellico Rally #866

Last edited by SirFuego; 02-01-2010 at 09:09 PM.
SirFuego is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2010, 09:07 PM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 21320
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockTacoAU View Post
Have it start as a weekend warrior where you can pick from a few starter vehicles (toyota, jeep, samurai) then get cash for the trails he conquers. As he gets more money he can buy parts for his rig, making it better and easier to tackle more challenging obstacles making more money. Eventually he gets enough money to enter a few races. After he wins a few he lucks out and gets a sponsor. He goes through all the phases with the end phase to beat the game being winning KING OF THE HAMMERS.

Sponsors would probably pitch in to see their name in the game.

I have always thought of this but dont have the know how and $$$ flow to make it a reality.
This was a thought of mine aswell. If you made it a online style of game you could have the player pay for some of the upgraded parts $1, 2, 5 etc which would be appealing to a company like MS. Im sure the engine that drives a game like Baja: Edge of control could be tweaked to work perfectly. If you could ever get one of those companies on board

I would buy it

Last edited by BCzuk; 02-01-2010 at 09:08 PM.
BCzuk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2010, 09:13 PM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 129247
Send a message via MSN to 83yotanator
The Company is a bunch of guys who use to work for the old computer company SERRIA online / Dynamix. They no longer do computer they are into Game consels such as wii x-box and Playstation
83yotanator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2010, 09:19 PM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 35564
I might have to buy a new gaming console. I don't think they would make it for a sega genisis. I would seriously buy this game!!!!!!
Old 02-01-2010, 09:21 PM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 77435
www.rigsofrods.com is open sourced driving game with lots of crawlers and maps available for download, and its free

[B][COLOR="Red"]
[/COLOR][/B]
HonkIfPartsFallOff! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2010, 10:47 PM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 66153
Would be sweet to set up the rigs with links and build your own cages and such. But that would prob be asking to much out of a game to start with.

I would probable even buy a new gaming system if a good crawler game came out
F-TOY #36

Last edited by Ricks72ntx; 02-01-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Ricks72ntx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2010, 12:06 AM   #25 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 69640
Send a message via AIM to dragoonranch
Red Faction has some pretty cool rigs in it and some of them can do a fair bit of crawling when you get to just driving around and checking things out. They have a fair bit of the 'physics' worked out and wouldn't be hard to tweak I don't think. Having an online racing feature would be tits for sure!

TTC 2010 here we come!
Thanks to all who voted for us, we are gonna put on one hellufa show!

AMSOIL Your last stop for all your Automotive Synthetic Lubricant needs.
Please PM me for quotes or questions.

dragoonranch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in