rockwell cad drawings - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 01:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 47448
rockwell cad drawings

Mainly of the spindle/hub area, dwg, dxf, pdf preferably. My email is [email protected] or link it I guess

Thanks guys,
Billy
Old 02-15-2010, 02:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 5110
Pull yours all apart, measure it, draw it in CAD, and post it up here for the next person to use.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 139330
how much are they worth to you???
MNtal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2010, 04:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
www.patparts.com

Member # 4821
You're retarded. You don't even specify what you're specifically looking for and expect everyone to just give you shit that they spent time and money acquiring?

Tell you what, send a donation to my paypal account and I'll send you everything I have. (I'm not saying if I even have anything or not.)

J. J.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

patooyee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2010, 05:17 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 47448
Quote:
Originally Posted by patooyee View Post
You're retarded. You don't even specify what you're specifically looking for and expect everyone to just give you shit that they spent time and money acquiring?
I'm sorry, but I love when somebody starts a reply with calling somebody a retard and then follows with some shit like that. There is nothing to specify, if I get a DWG emphasizing the hub and spindle drawings I can pull dimensions on it. I'm not looking to rob anybody of something they spent time and money on, if its that important to them they don't have to send me anything. I already have files that were sent to me its just a PITA for me to convert them to something I can use.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 47448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triaged View Post
Pull yours all apart, measure it, draw it in CAD, and post it up here for the next person to use.
Hell I just might, apparently its a bargaining tool around here.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 55444
Quote:
Originally Posted by studlybilly View Post
Hell I just might, apparently its a bargaining tool around here.
Not really, it's just that in the last 6 months I can think of at least a dozen guys that have posted looking for free cad files. And they seem to get offended when people don't want to share.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 5110
Quote:
...I already have files that were sent to me its just a PITA for me to convert them to something I can use.
Post them up at the link below. If someone has time they might convert them for you and post them up in a different format.
http://www.trailslesstraveled.com/resources/cadlibrary/

Edit: also note who has posted up rockwell stuff before you start bitchen.

Last edited by Triaged; 02-15-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Triaged is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2010, 07:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
www.patparts.com

Member # 4821
Quote:
I'm sorry, but I love when somebody starts a reply with calling somebody a retard and then follows with some shit like that. There is nothing to specify, if I get a DWG emphasizing the hub and spindle drawings I can pull dimensions on it. I'm not looking to rob anybody of something they spent time and money on, if its that important to them they don't have to send me anything. I already have files that were sent to me its just a PITA for me to convert them to something I can use.
I'm sorry, its very rare that I will reply back with something as inflamatory as that. Its just that you were so vague as to what you were wanting and so smug about expecting it for free that I couldn't resist.

Ultimately, if you are needing dimensions on the spindle and hub I don't think anyone besides Ouverson has that and he's not going to give it to you because he makes his living off of keeping it to himself so you should start disassembling and get out the caliper which is probably how he got his dims. Why don't you post up your results for free when you're done?

Why do you need those dims anyway? Trying to copy something expensive on the cheap?

BTW, there is a Catia file floating around here somewhere of a complete front axle but the components are not broken down into seperate assemblies and it is just external dimensions so it will not help you. I suspect that is the file that you are referring to that you have because not all cad programs will open a Catia file. In addition, since you seem to want a drawing file, I suspect you aren't actually working with real cad software anyway and just have something that will open a dxf which wouldn't convert an actual cad file anyway.

Finally, let me appologize in advance if any of these ASSumptions are false. But its not like you've given us any information to help us help you to begin with so ASSumptions are all we are left with.

Anyway, good luck. I think I may have the spindle bolt pattern around here somewhere but otherwise I don't have what you need.

J. J.

PS: The link in your sig doesn't work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by patooyee; 02-16-2010 at 09:12 AM.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:24 AM   #10 (permalink)
www.patparts.com

Member # 4821
Yup, here you go. Spindle bolt pattern is 12 x 7-7/8" with 3/8" holes.

J. J.

Old 02-16-2010, 06:35 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 47448
Quote:
I'm sorry, its very rare that I will reply back with something as inflamatory as that.
No hard feelings man, I'm actually in the middle of putting some kick ass wheel brake kits on the market and I needed to get my CNC guy some DWG's to do the first prototype's of the brackets. Rather than the hand-mocked stuff, gotta make sure it all fits.

Thanks, the bolt pattern of the spindle is a huge help! The brackets on the front are pretty trick and I want things as tight as possible to help spread the load.

EDIT: Does anybody know the outside diameter of the spindle as well?

Last edited by studlybilly; 02-16-2010 at 06:48 PM.
studlybilly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2010, 07:00 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 55444
Not to sound like an ass, but if you're building it for profit, you may not get much help.

Why can't you just measure it up?
Old 02-16-2010, 07:34 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 47448
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidr View Post
Not to sound like an ass, but if you're building it for profit, you may not get much help.

Why can't you just measure it up?
If I get the spindle diameter then I have everything I need, and yes I can easily tear the axle down and measure that myself...

Last edited by studlybilly; 02-16-2010 at 07:35 PM.
studlybilly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2010, 07:44 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 11922
Send a message via MSN to Devil Dog Send a message via Skype™ to Devil Dog
then get to wrenchin'...

'09, '11, '13 and 2014 King of the Hammers

[B][I]BUCK[/I] Wild Racing[/B]
Team 911

[B]Degenerate[/B]
Team 488

[B]O.G. "Wreckin' Crew"[/B]
Devil Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2010, 08:48 AM   #15 (permalink)
www.patparts.com

Member # 4821
I'd think if you're trying to make a product for profit that you would not want to trust someone else's measurement anyway. Their mic could be off, they may not know how to use it correctly, or they could be doing speedballs while they take the measurement, all of which might result in a bad dim for you to go to market with. Then you'd be fucked because you didn't want to take a corner of an axle apart, something that I can do in about 10 minutes with an impact wrench. In addition, if your potential customer base sees this thread they may think, "Hey, if he's too lazy to take an axle apart to get the product right, do I really want to deal with him or trust his product?"

J. J.

Old 02-17-2010, 06:06 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 47448
Quote:
I'd think if you're trying to make a product for profit that you would not want to trust someone else's measurement anyway. Their mic could be off, they may not know how to use it correctly, or they could be doing speedballs while they take the measurement, all of which might result in a bad dim for you to go to market with. Then you'd be fucked because you didn't want to take a corner of an axle apart, something that I can do in about 10 minutes with an impact wrench. In addition, if your potential customer base sees this thread they may think, "Hey, if he's too lazy to take an axle apart to get the product right, do I really want to deal with him or trust his product?"

J. J.
I have installed the rotors that we have for the kits and pulled measurements, the DWG's were for the CNC guy and everything will be tested thoroughly. Its not like I'm going to receive brackets or anything for that matter and not check fitment and do some hellacious testing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in