Home Modified LS wiring harness - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2010, 06:23 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 23294
Home Modified LS wiring harness

How many here have completed the stand alone conversion on their facotry LS/Vortec wiring harness? I am in process of trying to convert a harness I picked up using the following link as instructions. I have called all the standard places but ~450 to do whats included in the following instructions seems realyl steep.

http://www.lt1swap.com/2000harness.htm

The process if pretty straight foreward however in terms of the fuse and relay set up. My issues I have a drive by wire hanress and I am using a cable driven throttle that require idle air control and throttle posistion sensor. I need to add pins to the controller connector for signal and power to the sensor. Has anyone else attemped this with any success or am I wasting my time (get a new harness)

Tim
Old 02-18-2010, 07:55 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 44856
Send a message via AIM to DownNDirty
It can be done. Give nelson performance a call and they can get you the right connectors, diagrams, and pins for your ECU. A buddy just did his this way and it looks good. I did mine, but it wasn't a Driveby wire switch so it was easy.
DownNDirty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2010, 10:13 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 26806
Send a message via AIM to heepr
I converted mine from drive by wire to cable using the instructions on lt1swap.com. I think all the info you need is on the lt1swap site now, it's just scattered across a lot of different pages. There are only a handful of wires that are different between dbw and cable, after having done it, I'm not sure why people are so scared of converting...

here is the link: http://lt1swap.com/cable_conversion.htm

Last edited by heepr; 02-18-2010 at 10:15 AM.
heepr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 10:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 111999
I also did my wire harness using his instructions, and found it to be pretty easy. Just took my time, read the charts and tried to think before cutting. Also not sure why people think it's worth $450. Anyhow, I didn't attempt to switch from DBW to Cable (I was told it couldn't be done, so I stuck with the DBW). You might want to stick with the DBW setup though, as you get cruise control for free sorta. It's just a few switches to wire up to make it work.
JayMcJay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2010, 11:16 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 15461
It's not super hard if you have the right information and know what you are doing. Keep in mind that you also need to have the PCM reflashed so the engine will run properly without having all the factory systems installed. That can be free to $500 or so depending on what you have done and who's doing it. In the end, Jims performance does a great service for the money.
95geo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2010, 12:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 44856
Send a message via AIM to DownNDirty
The guy at lt1swap is the one that did my programming. I thought he did a great job for the money. It helps that he provided all the information for me to cut down my harness. It was super easy, but not a drive by wire conversion. He even waited on me before doing the programming. I changed injectors and he took care of that for me. The ls6 intake required different injectors and the ones I got were different flow rates than stock. He didn't do any performace tune, just changed the flow rates.
DownNDirty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2010, 12:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 64837
Send a message via AIM to rockcity Send a message via Skype™ to rockcity
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95geo View Post
In the end, Jims performance does a great service for the money.
I started laying mine out to do it and ended up considering the amount of time I'd have in it sending it to Jim's was well worth the $$$. I think I paid $500 or so plus shipping for my harness re-work AND re-flashing of the computer. I think the computer work is like $200 of it so I figured $300 to re-do the harness wasn't too bad considering it was a plug and play system when I got it back. Jim also has awesome support.
[/CENTER][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]

[SIZE="3"][B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Visit ECORS on Facebook![/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

[B][SIZE="3"]
Chris Brower (snappy1978), Authorized [COLOR="Red"]SNAP ON [/COLOR]Dealer
Mud Pro Metalworks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]Big Horn Graphics[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR="Lime"]Oliver's Custom Driveshaft
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[SIZE="3"][B]Albemarle Screenprinting and Embroidery, Hertferd NC[/B][/SIZE]
[B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"]Blue Torch Fab
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
rockcity is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in