Where's your Shiat getting stolen? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2002, 12:57 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 6848
Where's your Shiat getting stolen?

All this talk about stolen junk gets me worried. Not that I have anything that great to take.

So are people breaking into garages and taking crap, taking crap off your rigs in your drive way, side of your house or ??

I'm considering putting an alarm in my garage. I have a hard enough time affording to buy stuff without some jerky boy taking it!

-Jack
Old 10-15-2002, 01:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 5869
Send a message via AIM to Rerard Send a message via Yahoo to Rerard
When I had my house alarm installed the guy was telling me that garage doors with garage door openers are nearly impossible to break into.. I dunno.. but he wasnt selling one so either hes just dumb or hes right.
Rerard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2002, 01:05 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 6848
I have a side door with a dead bolt that is always locked and a gun with a string tied to the trigger and a pit bull. But that is the main area that I am concerned with. I considered, since it opens inwards, doing like dual 2x4's across the top and bottom like the old school castle gate locks or something.

Old 10-15-2002, 06:32 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 13731
The only stuff I have had stolen was by stupid thieves who just were walking buy a decided to grad something. Right out in the parking lot of my dumpy apartment, they have always left the good stuff just grabbed stuff out of the back or cab...

But still enough to piss a guy off -

I would like to see someone try and 'walk' off with my tool box from the back of my Scout --- 250+ pounds of dead weight.

But I have gone to locking my spare, hi lift and tool box down with a cable. It is not going to stop a real crook but people aren't going to just be able to grab the stuff and go.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
uglyscout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2002, 07:49 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 12152
I've had entire Chevy 350's come up missing out at my property, along with axle shafts, transmissions, etc. Of course I have no gate so It's my own fault, but it still pisses me off, worse yet, the fawkers drive in there and dump their junk too.
'46 CJ-2A, '47 CJ-2A, '48 CJ-2A, '50 M38, '52 M38A1, '62 CJ-3B, '62 CJ-5, '65 CJ-5, (2) '66 CJ-5's, '67 CJ-5, '69 CJ-5, '69 J-3000, '70 CJ-101, '74 DJ-5, '74 CJ-5, '77 CJ-5, '78 CJ-5, '78 CJ-7, '78 Wagoneer, '95 YJ, '97 XJ...None of them run.
4Bangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2002, 10:00 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 6848
Well, guessing by the lack of responses, I'm guessing that this isn't as big a problem as I thought. GOOD TO HEAR! I think I'll do the 2x4 thing anyway...

-Jack
Old 10-15-2002, 10:30 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 11070
Send a message via Yahoo to squirriljeep
Angry

Just last week I had everything (of value) stolen out of the back of my CJ7 while it was in my driveway. They cut the lock on my box and took all the tools, Ready Welder, auto-darkening helmet, 12 volt compressor, and fire extinguisher. The worst part was they took my toolbox with all the little misc. spare parts. It's not worth much to them, but sure was to me!

Tellico Rally Post #267
squirriljeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in