Pirate 4x4 banner

4.10 down and 4.56 up carrier measurement

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  kiyul4130 
#1 ·
was wondering if anyone could help me out really quick. im super busy this weekend and dont have time to get the difference in distance between the flange to carrier bearing or whatever between the 4.10 and down and 4.56 and up carrier. im getting a front spool for my 60 and the guys almost positive its 4.56+ but i wanted to get a correct measurement before i buy a spool that doesnt work with my 5.38s. thanks if anyone can help.

#2 · (Edited)
is this what you are looking for?

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/60_front/index.html

To distinguish a 4.10 and down carrier (called a 3-series carrier) from a 4.56 and up carrier (called a 4-series carrier) you need to measure the distance from the face where the ring gear sits, to the end of the carrier, as shown in the following pic - labelled dimension "A".

For a 3 series carrier (4.10 and down, Spicer part number 706040X) Dimension A is 2.225"

For a 4 series carrier (4.56 and up Spicer part number 706041X) Dimension A is 2.360"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.