The best beadlock - Page 4 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2018, 11:16 AM   #76 (permalink)

Member # 220897
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsylvaniaboy View Post
I like my dirtylife wheels.
Thanks for the info. I've never heard of them before, I kinda like this one Road kill 9302-beadlock, I found a price of $257.00 ea, free shipping. I'll keep searching for the best prices when I have more time. Anybody know which vendors may be selling DirtyLife wheels? Thanks
Attached Images

Old 11-19-2018, 11:57 AM   #77 (permalink)

Member # 83301
There was one in the northeast. Also had a ebay name. His initals were the first 2 letters then offorad or racing maybe??
Old 11-19-2018, 07:11 PM   #78 (permalink)

Member # 229476
I still like my Champion beadlocks, to bad they don't make 4x4 stuff anymore, just drag racing

Old 11-19-2018, 07:53 PM   #79 (permalink)

Member # 79509
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCubed View Post
Thanks for the info. I've never heard of them before, I kinda like this one Road kill 9302-beadlock, I found a price of $257.00 ea, free shipping. I'll keep searching for the best prices when I have more time. Anybody know which vendors may be selling DirtyLife wheels? Thanks
That model appears to he the only beadlock? Where did you find $257? Best i could find was $1100 for 17x9.
Old 11-19-2018, 10:11 PM   #80 (permalink)

Member # 777769
Quote:
Back from the dead... Ok, so black Friday is coming up and I need some wheels. Most of the posts in this thread is how bad ass their ********** wheels were at KOH or We Rock on their comp. rigs......I'm building a rock crawler, trail rig so I really don't need the top end stuff. I am lookin' for 17x9, 8X6.5, 4 1/2" backset aluminum bead locks. I have 2 sets of Allied steel bead locks but would like to upgrade a little. So to the point, any recommendations on cheaper $250.00 +- wheels? I've been lookin' at Battle Born Bootlegger, but they only come in matte black, I prefer natural/machine finish. I'll probably be using one of the vendors, So............Hey vendors, shoot me a price on 4-17x9, 8X6.5, 4 1/2" back set aluminum bead locks shipped to 95726.........
Hey Tim
You were checking out my Walker Evans at Barrett. I’m sure you can pick up some used 5 on 5.5 if you look on here. When I look there all Jeep pattern.

I’ll keep an eye on this thread because Justen (my friend in the green truck) will be looking soon.

Last edited by Rubirunner85; 11-19-2018 at 10:12 PM.
Rubirunner85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2018, 03:05 AM   #81 (permalink)

Member # 75858
I've run DIY, Champion, Spyderlock and Hutchinsons. Hands down my dual beadlock Hutchinson's are the way to go. More expensive but you never need to worry about burping an inner bead and they are DOT approved. I realize they don't meet your stated budget, but you will never look back with them.

Last edited by white-rhino; 11-20-2018 at 03:07 AM.
white-rhino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2018, 04:52 AM   #82 (permalink)

Member # 83301
Quote:
Here you go, found it.

user @ct67_72

Wheels & Tires - DMR Offroad
https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/members/ct67_72.html
Old 11-20-2018, 08:49 AM   #83 (permalink)

Member # 220897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Sheep View Post
That model appears to he the only beadlock? Where did you find $257? Best i could find was $1100 for 17x9.
My original pic. was a website with the price, but only the pic printed. I didn't think anything about it because I thought that was a usual price. Now I can't find the site, also that price was not specifically for the 8-6 1/2, but I assume the price should be the same. So I did find a Pirate vendor that sells Dirtylife wheels and asked for a quote on Dirtylife 17x9, 8-6 1/2, 4 1/2" backset machine finish beadlocks. Hopefully I'll get a good Black Friday sale price, we'll see.
Old 11-20-2018, 11:28 AM   #84 (permalink)

Member # 128588
Send a message via AIM to 86chevyjoe
be careful w/ the dirty life wheels. thee was just a huge post about everybody's horror stories on facebook - think it was in the rock buggies or rockcrawling classifieds group
Old 11-20-2018, 01:41 PM   #85 (permalink)

Member # 777769
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86chevyjoe View Post
be careful w/ the dirty life wheels. thee was just a huge post about everybody's horror stories on facebook - think it was in the rock buggies or rockcrawling classifieds group
Screen shot? Face book is the devil
Rubirunner85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2018, 02:24 PM   #86 (permalink)

Member # 220897
What?..........I'm too old for Facebook. What is wrong with Dirtylife wheels? If I wasn't so far over budget I would just buy the badass Walker Evans and be done with it.............BB Wheels has Dirtylife $283.95, free lug nuts, free shipping, no tax if you don't live in Minnesota.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:54 PM   #87 (permalink)

Member # 128588
Send a message via AIM to 86chevyjoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubirunner85 View Post
Quote:
What?..........I'm too old for Facebook. What is wrong with Dirtylife wheels? If I wasn't so far over budget I would just buy the badass Walker Evans and be done with it.............BB Wheels has Dirtylife $283.95, free lug nuts, free shipping, no tax if you don't live in Minnesota.
@Jackson77474 posted his issues on instagram as well but he hasnt logged on here since july.

i will try to copy some of the verbiage over tonight for you guys.
Old 11-20-2018, 05:21 PM   #88 (permalink)

Member # 127171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubirunner85 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
@Jackson77474 posted his issues on instagram as well but he hasnt logged on here since july.

i will try to copy some of the verbiage over tonight for you guys.
Tim Jackson was having issues with the inner bead machined surface. It wouldn't seat the tires correctly. I want to say they sent him another set eventually.
sleepsontoilet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2018, 07:40 PM   #89 (permalink)
NERD

Member # 25303
Quote:
A few desert racers on IG made a few posts about grenading 3 wheels in a single race. These were sponsored rigs and the guys were PISSED about losing because of a wheel. Probably fine for a mall crawler but Id never run one on a rig that sees real abuse.

2013 Raptor SuperCrew Tow Rig
Porsche
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fab Parts:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PNW Shock Tuning:
gtxracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2018, 07:46 PM   #90 (permalink)

Member # 210036
I have a set of the 9302's. I had a set of 37" falken MT's on them and a set of 37" KM2's. I never had a problem losing a bead or them seating properly. Price was cheep (even in canuckistan pesos) and I had them within a week to my door. They have changed the bead locking ring machining now, but I never had a problem. my bitch was the lack of backspacing options; I went from BAD with 3.5" to these with almost 4.5" and had to massage a TRE on the high steer setup or use spacers.
BSInc. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2018, 09:50 PM   #91 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 95131
A guy I know runs the Dirty Life wheels on his Toyota. He's run them about 8 months now and they've been all good. He's not desert racing, rock bouncing, or anything of the sort, but they've had their scrapes and bumps. They seem to be holding up fine so far on his normal every day guy wheeling rig.

I'd say that no, they are not a tough as nails racing rim, but I don't think they are billed that way either. They bring an affordable different looking beadlock to the recreational wheeler. At least that's the way I see it.
busyfixin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2018, 12:06 AM   #92 (permalink)

Member # 25632
I really liked my KMC's for a budget priced wheel. The shell was super thick and they have the wide flat safety bead. No burps with 41.5 radial pitbulls at 2 lbs.

I had my hands on a set of dirty life wheels and wasn't impressed. Shell looked thin like a normal nonbeadlock wheel, plus the standard safety bead. I also don't like the lack of bolts on the ring. Especially since the hardware they provide looks cheap.
YotaAtieToo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2018, 05:50 PM   #93 (permalink)

Member # 827322
I dont know about the best but their the only ones that work with the tires I have. 21dia x 24wide double beadlocks made by some guy who probably drinks his weight in Vodka each week.

I had them along with the 52x27 low impact tires imported from Russia for an amphibious buggy Im building. The 4 tires can easily float a 4700 pound Jeep.

My plan was to post a pic of them but apparently I dont have a high enough post count...
Fuzzybiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2018, 01:28 PM   #94 (permalink)

Member # 220897
Well, with all the negative comments I'm backing away from The Dirtylife wheels. I'm looking at the Battle Born, Bootleg wheels now. They're in my price range and I have not been able to find any negative comments on them yet. I wanted to get a machine finish but the Battle Born only comes in matte black finish. These go for $297/ea., but they are on sale for Black Friday. Thanks for the info on Dirty Life, let me know the pros and cons on the Battle Born wheels. Also, let me know if there's any pros and cons on Method 101 beadlocks (pic only shows 6 lug on their site, but I've seen 8 lug in other pictures), they are $309 but haven't found a vendor Black Friday price. Thanks.
Attached Images

Old 11-24-2018, 06:37 PM   #95 (permalink)

Member # 127171
Quote:
Well, with all the negative comments I'm backing away from The Dirtylife wheels. I'm looking at the Battle Born, Bootleg wheels now. They're in my price range and I have not been able to find any negative comments on them yet. I wanted to get a machine finish but the Battle Born only comes in matte black finish. These go for $297/ea., but they are on sale for Black Friday. Thanks for the info on Dirty Life, let me know the pros and cons on the Battle Born wheels. Also, let me know if there's any pros and cons on Method 101 beadlocks (pic only shows 6 lug on their site, but I've seen 8 lug in other pictures), they are $309 but haven't found a vendor Black Friday price. Thanks.
IMO buy what's in your budget. I have owned Trail Ready that were covered in welds where they kept breaking, and ended up having to just run tubes in both rears. I've Had Forged Raceline DCs that every center had a hairline crack in them. The only set I never had issues with were the AEV Pintlers, but maybe I just wasn't wheeling hard enough yet. I grabbed some dirt cheap ATX Pro Chamber II, but haven't gotten them out of the garage yet to testify their strength.
sleepsontoilet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2018, 07:04 PM   #96 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 95131
I'm not experienced with the Battle Born wheels, but I like the methods looks better, and based on their bigger presence in the market, I'd pony up the extra $12 a wheel for the Methods.
busyfixin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2018, 01:35 PM   #97 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 160801
I have ran LOTS of different beadlocks on rigs over the years and I keep going back to Trailreadys. They really take a beating and are the ONLY 100% USA-made option. I really beat on them hard in my rock buggy. They may be out of your price range, but the price really isn't bad considering the quality and the fact that they are a USA made product.

As with any single beadlock wheel, just take an extra 2 minutes per wheel and do the duct-tape trick and you will never lose an inner bead.

Hutchinson beadlocks were the WORST I have ever ran. Having the bolts stick out of the wheel is a HORRIBLE idea for wheelers who play in the rocks, as I kept damaging them. Hutchinson also refuses to sell the outer rings separately, so you have to buy a whole new wheel when you ruin the ring. Also, there is no WORSE beadlock to have when you need to break down a tire for a trail repair. Adding to the already long list of negatives, they are also unnecessarily heavy.

Be careful of those cheap Chinese Dirtylife wheels. I have seen several pictures of broken ones on the Rock Buggies FB page.
desert dogg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2018, 04:31 PM   #98 (permalink)

Member # 25632
Quote:
Personally, I'm not a fan of the countersunk allens. I would imagine they would be a royal pain to get out after a few seasons of even moderate rock crawling.
YotaAtieToo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2018, 04:31 PM   #99 (permalink)

Member # 83301
Ultra has some pretty affordable beadlocks if you are jumping to the $300-350 range
Old 11-26-2018, 05:00 PM   #100 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 80862
Dirty Life is making some nice wheels at a decent price. Also have a DOT wheel that is also a beadlock. The tire can be mounted as a beadlock or as a DOT wheel. You just swap the rings. Great option for people that need a DOT stamp on the wheel.

Mike Johnson #43 7 time EMC KOH finisher, 6 top 5's
hurleygo3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in