Best 4 link "kits" - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2010, 04:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 18675
Send a message via Yahoo to bspencer
Best 4 link "kits"

Im looking into linking the rear of my CJ and have been looking around at various "kits" as well.

What experience do you have with these "kits" and what do you like and/or dislike about them? any pictures of the finished installed product etc?
Old 09-03-2010, 07:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 18675
Send a message via Yahoo to bspencer
guess nobody has used the polyperformance kit, ruffstuff kiet, BTF kit etc?
Old 09-03-2010, 07:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 78847
have no pic's the poly kit has been a winner many time's over for us there rear truss is a thing of beauty and the rest of the kit just flat out works no complaint's with tj's cj's and yj's

and dave and thean have been more than helpful full prop's to them
bigbaggedbeast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2010, 07:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 34606
Send a message via Yahoo to cj5 buggy
Ruff Stuff is/has always treated me well with customer service and parts are top quality. the have 3 and 4 link kits ready to roll man. just ordered up my heims today so won't beabke to do real world testing for a while though.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 127251
We have been using a bunch of the kits and brackets from Barnes 4wd. He is well priced and all is stuff comes quick. He is in NC.
RocksteadyRacing #246
Shortstar TJ
rocksteadyrobk#246 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2010, 11:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
I have a poly triangulated 4link on the rear of my TJ. I have the truss, upper links and frame brackets. I cannot say the enough good stuff about it. I am pretty sure there are pics in my build thread in jeep hardcore. Lowers are still RE though.

Companies helping me get dirty:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

& Blaine

:tank:
Beat95YJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2010, 07:25 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 51571
Check this out.
https://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=748821
UCTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2010, 07:27 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 2550
Send a message via ICQ to RockJeep Send a message via AIM to RockJeep
Ruffstuff for sure. He has great products, great price, and great customer service. Most companies you only get one or two of those, but not with Dan. It's liking having your cake and eating it too. His brackets just plain work and the heims can't be beat, especially for the price. I'm sure if you want the ultimate he can get you in touch with the chromo heat treating guy here on pirate for links. He cab set you up with adjustable brackets, 3 or 4 links and more.
Later,
Bobby
P.s. Search and you will see everybody who goes with Ruffstuff never goes back any where else!

RockJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2010, 10:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 96153
I got a blue torch fab brace/4-link kit on my 14bolt. Love it, it's 1/2" steel and ties into the pinion support. I just wish that I had made some runners/tubing that goes off of the top sides of the brace to the end of the axle tubes. I'm afraid that it will (maybe already has) bend.

Offroad Design ♦ Atomic MC ♦ Jantz Engineering
K5runner@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2010, 11:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
Linkoligist...

Member # 44474
Send a message via AIM to 86Yota4.70
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJeep View Post
Ruffstuff for sure. He has great products, great price, and great customer service. Most companies you only get one or two of those, but not with Dan. It's liking having your cake and eating it too. His brackets just plain work and the heims can't be beat, especially for the price. I'm sure if you want the ultimate he can get you in touch with the chromo heat treating guy here on pirate for links. He cab set you up with adjustable brackets, 3 or 4 links and more.
Later,
Bobby
P.s. Search and you will see everybody who goes with Ruffstuff never goes back any where else!
Hey, That's me!

Dan has helped me out so much I can't even begin to explain. He is a lot of the reason I have been able to do so well the past year since I started up.. Anyone who purchase's Dan's 3 or 4 Link kit and pairs it with my links is a very smart man...

P.s. You can actually save money buy purchasing both. If you tell Dan you will be getting links from me he can hold the tube adapters in the kit(My links come ready for joints)...

Taylor

*Support 81 Worldwide*

Your source for everything to do with link suspension!
-4130 Heat Treated Links/Control Arms
-Heims, jam nut's, and spacer's
-Brackets from numerous vendors in one place

86Yota4.70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2010, 12:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Mr. DJ

Member # 85595
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCTJ View Post

THIS......

04 Rubicant Ultra4

My precious.... 72 K5 Blazer

web wheeler...
DJ404564X4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in