Pirate 4x4 banner

Glowshift Gauges

3K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  Timmay 
#1 ·
Anybody using these still? How are the holding up? Any complaints?

Internet searches usually come up with import comments and I'm wondering about how they will hold up in an offroad situation.

#5 ·
I have them in my 99 Powerstroke. They've worked good for the couple years they've been in there. I have to hit the EGT gauge every once in a while to get it to read right. The fit of the gauge pod SUCKS. That might vary from vehicle to vehicle, though. I wish I would have spent a few more bucks and went with Autometer, Isspro, etc.

#8 ·
I've got them in my 01' Cummins, the fuel pressure sending unit sucks and I am tired of them sending me new sending units and they would only lasting a few days, one guy actually admitted the don't work well with diesel fuel. Other than that I can't complain the pyro, tranny temp and boost work fine.

On my 91' I didn't want cheap jap junk so I bought Autometers and the tac quit working about a year after I put it in and the connections on the pyro need re-soldered, so at 1/3the cost of the autometers I went with the glowshift's and can't really complain with the glowshifts.

Only downfall is they are bright as hell so I have to run them on red so they don't blind me, I'd like to leave them on the green that matches the dash lights but it's to much.

#10 · (Edited)
I have had them in my 95 powerstroke for over a year, so far so good, the colors freak out every now and then and I had to wire it up so I could turn off the back light its way to bright at night. The gauge pods dont fit good at all, and they didnt include enough wire and tubing in the kits. I would save for some autometer or something better.

#11 ·
I'm running the blue digital ones for a trans & water temp. They work great, though the trans temp blinks until you warm up to 105°, which is really annoying. Even though they have a 'dimmed' function, they're stupid bright at night. Like, light up the cab from two gauges bright. I've got mine mounted down low on the console - no way in hell could I run this on an A-pillar.

Other than that, they seem to be pretty decent gauges for the $50/ea I paid for them.

#12 · (Edited)
I have prosport gauges in my tdi for about 3 years and 60k+ miles now, they look very similar. Avoid the tinted lens gauges. they look great at night, but i have 2 fisheye mirrors on top of the column when the sun is up. Other then that, and the boost gauge buzzing until i added some cotton they work fine.
http://prosportgauges.com/

#16 ·
The guys at glowshift are located right next to my shop. I can say they are good people with a decent product. I would definitely not use them in a racer/comp rig. A wheeler, maybe, tow rig, definitely.

That being said, I talk to them every day and I still have Dipricol gauges in my tow rig and Autometers in my buggy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.