****SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY! Pirate's First Giant Multi-Vendor GIVEAWAY FOR LAND USE!**** - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2011, 10:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
StinkyFab Racing

Member # 4946
****SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY! Pirate's First Giant Multi-Vendor GIVEAWAY FOR LAND USE!****

So what's the deal?

If you haven’t heard about The Marines plans to expand the 29 Palms military base into the Johnson Valley OHV area, home of the King of The Hammers desert race, then you must be living under a rock, or in this case more likely NOT living under a rock. If you have, then you know just how large a battle we have on our hands. There is a very real potential for us to lose one of the greatest, and one of the few remaining open OHV areas in southern California. For more information on what’s going on
click here.

Right now what we need are letters. The Marines EIS public comment period is open right now until May 26th, and we need YOU to help us. Thanks to a lot of work from Kurtuleas and a number of other people behind the scenes this is going to require very little work from you. Basically you just need to click the following link and write a letter, or many letters. A number of topics have already been added at the top to help you get the letter writing juices flowing. Select one of them and then add a few of your own words before sending. We encourage you to write letters on any and all of the subjects that you feel strongly about including any that may not already be included in the generator.

http://dev.aldosgroup.com/LetterGenerator

So how do you win?

This giveaway is OPEN TO ALL MEMBERS, even the black stars. Also unlike normal, you CAN enter this one more than once! The more letters you send in, the greater your chances!

Here’s how it’s going to work. When you go to the letter generator, you’ll need to fill out all your info as required, as well as your Pirate4x4 screenname. 21 letters will be pulled at random and the authors of those letters will be winning a prize.

Not sure of what to write about? On the top of the letter generator page are 28 issues. Click on any one of them to load into your letter, then add 2-3 of your own sentences to it. Easily you can knock out 28 letters in a short period of time.

Since we need literally thousands of letters, we are strongly encouraging you to get your friends and family to write letters as well. If they are not members of Pirate4x4 they can enter YOUR screen name in that box to give YOU a better chance at winning! Only entries with screen names on them will be picked. So make sure you have your friends and family enter your name on their letters.

This giveaway will be ending on Monday May 23, so write early and write often! Save Johnson Valley!

So what do you win?

Well I’d like to think that you would all write letters just to help save a great wheeling area that so many of us love. Unfortunately that just hasn’t happened in the kind of numbers we need up to this point. Because of this I decided that we might need a little help. Knowing that I alone can only do so much I decided to reach out for a little help. Over the past few weeks I’ve contacted many of the great vendors here on Pirate and asked them to help out this cause. I got a fantastic response, and thanks to them we now have something to give to you, actually a LOT of somethings.

I’ll start with myself. StinkyFab Racing (SFR) will be giving away 4 prizes. The first is the winners choice of any of our drivetrain mockup products, including the Atlas II, Dana 300, Ford 9”, or Virtual tire mockups.

The next 3 are joint prizes from both SFR and Savvy OffRoad. These winners will get one SFR Small Fire Extinguisher Mount, and a 2.5lb rechargeable FEMA extinguisher provided by Savvy Offroad

Prize #5 is also from Savvy Offroad. They will be giving away one set of their awesome Aluminum LED Tail light kits.

Prizes 6 and 7 are from Ruffstuff Specialties. Each winner will get their choice of one heavy duty diff cover.

For Prizes 8 and 9 we have a pair of $100 gift certificates to either www.jeeperman.com or www.diffsonly.com

StinkBug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2011, 10:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
StinkyFab Racing

Member # 4946
For prize #10 12Volt Guy is making up a very special Land Use winch control panel with wiring kit. These panels will also be available for purchase as well.

Prize # 11 is a pair of Bronze Dana 60 Upper King pin bushings from Reid Racing. An absolute must for anyone running a kingpin 60 hard in the rocks or desert.

Prize #12 is a Door Slam latch kit from 4xInnovations. Perfect for all of you that wanna build your own tube doors.

Lucky number 13 is a lucky one indeed. SBWinVPS is giving away an iPod Touch!

Prizes #14, 15 and 16. TrailZorb is giving away 3 of their off-road spill kits. All of our rigs should be equipped with one of these. Plain and simple, it’s one of the best ways to keep our trails clean and open.

Prize #17 is a Hat, T-shirt, and Sweater combo pack from MobWorthyMade

Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2011, 10:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
StinkyFab Racing

Member # 4946
Prize #18 is from Artec Industries. They are going to give the winner their choice of one of their awesome new Rear Axle Trusses

Prize #19 is a 3 DVD set from Busted Knuckle Films, including Southern Shenanigans, Harlan King of the Hammers Qualifier, and RockRods

Last but definitely not least. For prizes #20 & 21 we have a pair of $25 gift cards each to www.yummyjerky.com . In addition to those 2 winners YummyJerky will be adding a $5 gift card to EVERY OTHER WINNER. Thatís right, no matter what you win, youíre also getting some meat.

UPDATE! 5-8-2011
We now have more prizes!

Prize #22 is a biggie. It's coming from Dave Cole and Ultra4 Racing, the organization that runs the King of the Hammers. They have offered up a Suite in Reno for the Ultra4 Stampede, and the winner will get to be the official race starter. How rad is that!

UPDATE #2! 5-10-2011
We now have even more prizes!

DIY4x will be offering up 3 more prizes to make a total of 25!

They will be giving:
1 Guardsman pinion Guard for the 14BFF axle
1 Guardsman pinion Guard for the Ford 9" axle
1 pair 1974-87(91) tube doors for full size Chevy

See Post #228 for more details.

UPDATE #3: 5-13-2011

Yet another Vendor has offered a prize, this time it's from Bighorn Graphics. They are going to print a special banner with the satellite map of Johnson valley and the hammers trails on it.

See Post #338 for details

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Your Source for: CNC Cutting & Engraving, Cages, Custom Suspension, Complete Vehicle Builds, and more!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Co-Dog #4432-KOH 2011 #88-KOH 2010, Crew Chief - KOH 2009, 2008

Old 05-06-2011, 10:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
StinkyFab Racing

Member # 4946
Ok guys. Get writing, and when you're done, write some more.

I'd like to give a big thanks to all the people that helped me get this thing put together including all the vendors. These are some of the companies that are really willing to step up for our sport, so I hope that you will all keep that in mind next time you need a part for your rig. Support those that support our way of life. It's possible that this list will grow before the 26th as well so check back often.

Your Source for: CNC Cutting & Engraving, Cages, Custom Suspension, Complete Vehicle Builds, and more!

Co-Dog #4432-KOH 2011 #88-KOH 2010, Crew Chief - KOH 2009, 2008
Old 05-06-2011, 11:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Need an LS

Member # 23188
The more letters you send the greater the odds!

With this new generator, you can easily knock out 28 letters using the topic sentences provided!

You don't even need to fill out all your info everytime!
Old 05-06-2011, 11:31 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 110475
Done and done!!! Keep sending those letters!
Old 05-06-2011, 11:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 71446
Send a message via AIM to WHITE RHINO
Done! Good job putting this together, could use a switch panel! haha
Section 8 Krawlers
WHITE RHINO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2011, 11:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
Chubby Chaser

Member # 7889
Send a message via AIM to Mustard Dog
This thing is AMAZING, it literally writes the letter for you

If you have avoided sending letters in the past because you feel like you suck at writing, have no fear, please click on the link.

I just did one (I'll go back and do the rest in a bit) and made a difference in UNDER A MINUTE, in and out, done
Hendrix XR Chassis #001

Ultra4 #66 4Wheel Parts, Raceline, PSC, Bilstein, Marlin Crawler, Smittybilt, HendriX, PacificFab, G2 Axle, PAC Spring, G&J, MAXXIS

Roxy's in the industry and I'm a sponsored professional driver. The two of us together make a powerhouse.

Accepting the things I cannot change.
Mustard Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2011, 11:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
waterboy

Member # 9086
great job guys in getting this set up.

working on cranking out a few each day until the due date
surveyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2011, 12:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 9445
Send a message via Skype™ to gp_frk
This thing is pretty slick whoever cooked up the coding is a LOL
gp_frk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2011, 12:01 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 8294
You guys ROCK. That letter generator is awesome and easy to use. I thought I was pretty good at expressing my opinion quickly before, now I can do it even faster.

Wait, is that a good thing?
Old 05-06-2011, 12:02 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 84970
Send a message via AIM to Xjcrawler736
First letter sent.

Thank you for keeping the effort going.

Ultra4 #4343 Co-driver -

Xjcrawler736 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2011, 12:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 4927
Send a message via AIM to willymutt Send a message via MSN to willymutt Send a message via Yahoo to willymutt
Internet sucks at work but I will do this from home. I write letters no matter what but the prizes are a nice touch. Great job to all that support our sport. I hope to make it to JV soon.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
Fistful of Boomstick

Member # 13344
Send a message via AIM to usmcdoc14 Send a message via Yahoo to usmcdoc14
It keeps on clipping my letter, is there a letter size limit?

Last edited by usmcdoc14; 05-06-2011 at 12:05 PM.
usmcdoc14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2011, 12:07 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 11995
Send a message via MSN to MossMan Send a message via Yahoo to MossMan
Kick ass!!!!!

MossMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2011, 12:07 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 7647
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcdoc14 View Post
It keeps on clipping my letter, is there a letter size limit?
No, there's no limit.

The preview box might not have expanded properly for a very long letter, I can work on that function a bit later. It's not actually clipping the text though, I promise.

KF5EQF

apeters89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2011, 12:11 PM   #17 (permalink)
Tech Editor

Member # 1656
Getting this when I hit preview letter

Server Error in '/LetterGenerator' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

camo is my hero, even if he is gay

Air Ride is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2011, 12:13 PM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 69807
I will be writing letters every chance I have as long as this is up. Good on you guys for setting it up as easy as it is.

YouTube - Save Johnson Valley from USMC expansion

[B][SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Film - Photography - Design - Advertising[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
-

[SIZE="3"][B][COLOR="YellowGreen"][I]Team[/I] Videos/Design Advertising -[I] Business[/I] Videos/Design Advertising[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
HeavyMetalXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2011, 12:15 PM   #19 (permalink)
I LOOOVE ROCKS!

Member # 28602
YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!
I can't wait to be drawn as the winner of EVERY prize because I'm going to be sending in so many damn letters!
RockMolester is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2011, 12:17 PM   #20 (permalink)
Fistful of Boomstick

Member # 13344
Send a message via AIM to usmcdoc14 Send a message via Yahoo to usmcdoc14
Quote:
Originally Posted by apeters89 View Post
No, there's no limit.

The preview box might not have expanded properly for a very long letter, I can work on that function a bit later. It's not actually clipping the text though, I promise.
Thanks.

It seems the fucktards in charge never ask the enlisted a damm thing about anything They are removing a MWR area that is used by thousands of active duty and retired military every year. Every pickup with a dirt bike in the bed, every sand rail and every jeep in 29 Palms/SD/Pendelton military housing goes there.
I went almost every weekend when I was stationed in 29 Palms.

If it closes there are going to be a lot of pissed off and bored to hell people in MCAGCC

usmcdoc14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2011, 12:17 PM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 93032
done.. 2 times & more later.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:20 PM   #22 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 145369
Awesome job vendors and Stinkbug. I'll write in for sure, and also cross post this on community boards around here and facebook.

Thanks!
Old 05-06-2011, 12:31 PM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 185382
sent
dukie564 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2011, 12:32 PM   #24 (permalink)
aka WIZZO

Member # 31550
when i select a topic, nothing happens and the area below still is wanting me to select a topic before i can write anything. what am i doing wrong?

Diddy's Big Block Race Shop

Your #1 supplier for Mark Williams off-road products!

phi564 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2011, 12:35 PM   #25 (permalink)
Co-Driver, RPR

Member # 116824
I get the same error. It won't load the letters or let me type Ideas??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Ride View Post
Getting this when I hit preview letter

Server Error in '/LetterGenerator' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>
justkris10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in