Fallon Fox Comes Out as Trans Pro MMA Fighter - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 11:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
For Kayla

Member # 12343
Send a message via AIM to JParuBob Send a message via MSN to JParuBob Send a message via Yahoo to JParuBob Send a message via Skype™ to JParuBob
Fallon Fox Comes Out as Trans Pro MMA Fighter

This hit my FB today.

Fallon Fox Comes Out as Trans Pro MMA Fighter - Outsports

Quote:
Fallon Fox never wanted to talk about being transsexual. The professional MMA fighter who's been tearing through opponents has been a woman to her training partners and opponents for the last five years. Now, due to circumstances beyond her control, she's being forced out of the closet well before she was ready.

"For years I've known at some point it's very likely the shoe would drop," Fox told Outsports in a phone interview Tuesday. "Maybe someone would guess that I'm trans. Maybe they would know me from my life before I transitioned. I've been waiting for that phone call to happen. And Saturday night, it happened."

Fox was at dinner celebrating a victory when a call came through. It was from a reporter who asked probing questions that clearly lead to one conclusion: The reporter knew Fox's secret past. Within 48 hours she got a call from a former trainer who had been interviewed by the same reporter with the same questions. The secret of Fallon Fox was about to come out.

"These past six years, people have seen me as a woman, not a transsexual," she said. "People in the gym, people I train with, it's been great, it's been awesome. I'm just a woman to them. I don't want that to go away. It's unfortunate that it has to."

Born in the wrong body

Ten years ago, Fox told her parents that she felt like she was born in the wrong body. Her mother rejected the news. Her father told her she was actually a confused gay man. Fox insisted that she wasn't gay, and that she was mostly attracted to other women. Her father was unrelenting and put her in gay-conversion therapy. There she was treated by a gay-conversion therapist who tried to convince Fox that she was a gay man so that he could turn her into a straight man.

When the therapy sessions finally ended, Fox decided to start her sexual transition. She soon began hormone therapy that she has now been on for 10 years. Six years ago, she had gender reassignment surgery.

"For the longest time, my mother didn't want anything to do with me," Fox said. "I wasn't even allowed to come into her house or show up at her door. But as the years went on, they both started coming around a little bit."

That's taken a turn for the worse recently. Fox has not spoken to either of her parents in almost two years.

Shortly after her surgery, Fox took up MMA fighting. In the coming weeks and months she found a love for it. Over the last five years, it has become the reason she gets up in the morning. It is her life's passion.

"I get to train and hit on the bag and let some aggression out," Fox said. "And I love being out in front of the crowd when I compete. I love displaying my skill. All the hours of hard work and training, and you go out there and get to display what you've learned. At least when you lose, you know you tried your best. That fight experience is intoxicating."

She has also become a dominant fighter. In her last match, this past Saturday just hours before the phone call that precipitated her coming out, Fox used a knee to the face to drop her opponent, Ericka Newsome, in 39 seconds.

Fox said she was confident going into that fight because of her preparation. She had watched tape on Newsome and saw she had a weakness: "Erica throws wild punches and doesn't defend her face." Very early in the match, Fox saw what she had seen on the tape, and she took the opening. With a smart, technical move she delivered a knee to Newsome's face and ended the match.

It's not uncommon for elite-level female fighters to display this kind of dominance early in their professional careers. Fox points to Olympic judo bronze medalist Ronda Rousey, who is also undefeated in her professional matches and whom UFC's Dana White called a "rock star." Most of her wins have come in under two minutes. Megumi Fuji was 22-0 and won most of her matches in under two minutes until later in her career.

Due to her hard work and focus, Fox considers herself a top-tier fighter who is just now moving through the ranks of the MMA circuit.

"This [dominance] is pretty common for someone who's an elite fighter with great technique," Fox said. "I've been training for this for five years. It's been all that's been on my mind. Constantly training. And it's just now starting to pay off."

Moving forward as an openly trans fighter

Fox knows some fans, and even some fighters, will try to dismiss her success because she was born in a male body.

"With a little more education," she said, "they might be able to see that they're wrong. I'm not the only one who's been dominant."

She argues that after 10 years of hormone therapy, and six years after gender-reassignment surgery, any advantage she had from being born in a male body have been erased. She is even recognized by the State of Illinois as female on her driver license.

"I'm technically, legally, physically and mentally female," she said. "Everything about me is female"

She has solid ground to stand on. Given her physical transition, she would be eligible to compete in the Olympic Games as she meets the International Olympic Committees' standards for trans athletes. If she were so inclined, she would be eligible to compete on the LPGA Tour and the WTA.

Still, SI.com is reporting that there is confusion around Fox's fighting license. She is currently scheduled for her next bout on April 20.

Her manager, Brett Atchley, has worked with Fox for just four months. He knew early on that Fox was transgender, and he said it doesn't matter to him one bit.

"She's gone through this process and it's been more of a challenge, and it's taken more of a commitment, than anyone she steps into the cage with," Atchley said. "It doesn't matter to me. What matters to me is that she was strong enough and trusted me enough to tell me."

Fox has fears about the repercussions of coming out. For one, she worries that her life as simply a woman is going to transition. We hear this from athletes who fear coming out will put their athletic accomplishments behind their sexual orientation. Instead of being simply a female fighter, she fears she will now be labeled a "trans female fighter." Instead of entering the gym and walking down the street as a woman, she will now be a "trans woman."

"I consider myself a woman. I happen to fall into the transgender category, but I rather describe myself as a woman first, transsexual woman second."

Now that her distant past is coming into her present, Fox's biggest fear is that her fighting career may be taken away. Even if Championship Fighting Alliance stands by her, and it looks likely they will, she could have trouble finding a fighter who will get in the ring with her. While she is cautiously optimistic that the elite-level fighters will understand they are on an equal playing field, the fear of not fighting again weighs heavily on her mind.

"I love it so much. It's been my life these past five years. I could have given up on it a long time ago, but I can't let it go."

Quote:
Butt secks isn't for everyone........but it is for me!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
JParuBob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2013, 11:12 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 88936
Dumb.

Just because I say I am a bald Eagle, doesn't mean I actually am.

I'd like to see Uriah do this.

He could shut Rousey up.

*Edited. Read it again. Still yuk.

Last edited by ejlarson; 03-06-2013 at 11:18 AM.
ejlarson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2013, 11:12 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 53453
I wonder how many guys fapped to her?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DirtyComanche is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2013, 11:15 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 88936
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyComanche View Post
*in before the Camo implosion...
Old 03-06-2013, 11:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Member # 138976
Sounds like a career that wasn't gender based coupled with a hobby pursuit of fighting might have been an easier choice.

freedom of choice is what you have, freedom from choice is what you want

keep your head down, go to sleep to the rhythm of the war drums
Provience is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2013, 11:20 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 1108
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyComanche View Post
If that pic was seen before story read... hell yeah. Went from to
Old 03-06-2013, 11:25 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 135367
So he's just some guy who goes around fighting chicks?
Old 03-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 82656
TexasBlake would hit it.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 152085
Maybe her name Fat Dan should go a round or two.
POS YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2013, 12:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lurking since 1956

Member # 1041
Send a message via MSN to papee Send a message via Yahoo to papee
Are you trying to prepare us for something? I've always wondered about the girls name and all.

95 YJ 4.0 HO
Mildly modded
Yes I still wheel

papee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2013, 12:25 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 9545
Meh, it's already been done.
Attached Images

Old 03-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 158768
Quote:
Originally Posted by POS YJ View Post
Maybe her name Fat Dan should go a round or two.
fucker, beat me to it....
fatdan460 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 6957
She has an unfair advantage as she was a he and men are genetically superior to women

Last edited by ironpig70; 03-06-2013 at 12:29 PM.
ironpig70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2013, 12:29 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 67823
I remember when some he/she was kicking ass in the downhill mtb world, and it was bullshit then too, it was a man competing in women's races!

Last edited by squamch; 03-06-2013 at 12:30 PM.
squamch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2013, 12:37 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 53528
dumbest fucking shit ever, born a man switch to a girl to have a mans profession

what a fucking retard this one is
rockyota83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2013, 12:41 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 88936
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyota83 View Post
dumbest fucking shit ever, born a man switch to a girl to have a mans profession

what a fucking retard this one is
AND it has the BALLS to be angry that someone might have a problem with this...
Old 03-06-2013, 12:44 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 1108
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpig70 View Post
She has an unfair advantage as she was a he and men are genetically superior to women
You excluded of course.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:50 PM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 53528
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejlarson View Post
AND it has the BALLS to be angry that someone might have a problem with this...
i have no problem with dudes wanting to be girls, i would even encourage it if thats what you really want to do, but a dude wanting to be a girl to beat up other girls is a flat out fucking joke of a human.
rockyota83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2013, 01:01 PM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 40131
Agreed Rockyota. It's no wonder she knocked her opponent out in 39 seconds.

Motorsport Syndicate:::Edinburg TX

Quote:
Bitches today are too fucking uptight.
72blazer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 123271
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdan460 View Post
fucker, beat me to it....
Serious question, why are you so proud of the fact that you beat your wife? I see no humor in a drunk hitting the mother of his kids.
'51plymouth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2013, 01:06 PM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 88936
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyota83 View Post
i have no problem with dudes wanting to be girls, i would even encourage it if thats what you really want to do, but a dude wanting to be a girl to beat up other girls is a flat out fucking joke of a human.
I agree with that as well. That is my only problem with it.

I assume this is all for the attention, which it will get... And likely a reality show. And millions of dollars...

No, there are no issues in our society at all.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 158768
Quote:
Originally Posted by '51plymouth View Post
Serious question, why are you so proud of the fact that you beat your wife? I see no humor in a drunk hitting the mother of his kids.
not proud about it, but it's gonna follow me around whether i mention it or not, may as well go with the flow and learn to laugh about it. and i never "beat my wife". i smacked her on the cheek, same as i'd do to an unruly child. she's not upset about it. maybe you shouldn't be either...
Old 03-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 85771
Quote:
Originally Posted by '51plymouth View Post
That's simple. Hes a piece of shit.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:22 PM   #24 (permalink)
Wut?

Member # 20114
*shakes head* its always amusing what the uneducated masses here in PBB think when it comes to this subject.

Science my friends, its just for making diet coke fountans and looking at stars. The fact is people ARE born with a females brain in a male body, or visa versa. Science has shown there is a clear difference in the pattern and lobe shape betwene men and women. So, if someone has a female brain, then they are female, regardless of what their body started out as.

Quote:
When I'm the voice of reason, it's a pretty good indication that someone's doing it wrong.
Overbear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2013, 01:23 PM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 158768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
*shakes head* its always amusing what the uneducated masses here in PBB think when it comes to this subject.

Science my friends, its just for making diet coke fountans and looking at stars. The fact is people ARE born with a females brain in a male body, or visa versa. Science has shown there is a clear difference in the pattern and lobe shape betwene men and women. So, if someone has a female brain, then they are female, regardless of what their body started out as.
chick brain or not, if you have a "male" body with male hormones and muscle mass, you are a dude when it comes to combat sports. it's not like this is a chess player we're talking about......it's a "man" using his natural advantage in a physical sport.

Last edited by fatdan460; 03-06-2013 at 01:24 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in