Recent Job Postings: Jobs Inside!!! - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 06:45 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 50617
Recent Job Postings: Jobs Inside!!!

Ok,

so I deleted my other post to create this new spinoff thread. Feel free to add on jobs, PL or email me for more information on any of these.

I'm just passing along information, I have no hiring authority nor do I gain any benefit from helping one of you suckers get a job.

Thanks for looking!!

Edit:

I probably should throw this out there....I am not a head-hunter or a recruiter.

I have a ton of connections on Linked-In. I get pinged a few times a week looking for someone to fill positions. I figured if I can help someone else get a better job then so be it.

As for the requests I get from people trying to stump me, I just search the job tab on my Linked-In page. Then I use Indeed.com. Indeed is a site that searches all other job sites, and it remembers the last time you searched, and when you visit the site again will tell you if there are any new postings for the last 4 or so searches you performed.

I'm going to keep putting jobs that hit my inbox here, but I really don't have the time to find your dream job, so use the two methods I have mentioned above.

Sent me a PM if you want to link-in to my network. Trying to keep my digital footprint to a minimum, so I don't want to put my email out there....

Good Luck!!!!

Last edited by nweiv_78fj40; 05-20-2013 at 10:06 AM.
nweiv_78fj40 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2013, 06:46 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 50617
Senior Electrical Engineer

Salary : 85K-125K Negotiable
Relocation Assistance Available

Requirements :
- Electrical Engineering Degree
- 5-10 yrs experience with high voltage power systems in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledgeable and experienced in theory and design of electrical power distribution systems
- Knowledgeable and experienced in power system studies (fault current, protective device coordination, load flow, motor starting)
- Knowledgeable of manufacturing plant processes and systems
- Knowledgeable and experienced in Reliability Engineering principles and tools
- Available for global travel-25-30%

Desirable
- Experience with Six Sigma or equivalent continuous improvement processes
- Experience with reliability engineering principles and methodology, (RCA, RCM, Reliability Models, Crow-AMSAA, Weibull)
Old 05-13-2013, 06:46 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 50617
HYDRAULIC CONTROLS ENGINEER
$50K-$100K FULL BENEFITS, RELOCATION PROVIDED

The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
· 2+years of experience in an industrial environment required with demonstrated process control experience in defining, designing fluid power and control systems and equipment
· Perform analysis and detailed design (including documentation) of hydraulic and pneumatic fluid power and controls systems
· Assume role of team leader and team member when necessary
· Must be capable of creating and editing drawings in AutoCAD
· Steel background a plus
Old 05-13-2013, 06:46 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 50617
ELECTRICAL CONTROLS ENGINEER
$50K-$100K FULL BENEFITS, RELOCATION PROVIDED

The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
· 2+ years’ of experience in an industrial environment required with demonstrated process control experience in defining, electrical power and control systems and equipment
· Perform analysis and detailed design (including documentation) of electrical power and controls systems
· Experience with the following is a plus:
· Allen Bradley PLC based control system integration
· Advanced diagnostics for PLC control systems
· RSView and Wonderware HMI development
· AC and DC Drive applications
· PLC/Drive system startup support
· Must be capable of creating and editing drawings in AutoCAD
· Steel background a plus
Old 05-13-2013, 06:49 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 24273
From what I have seen, it looks like Houston and Dallas are the only places in this country hiring right now. I must get 3-4 emails from headhunters daily, and 90% of them are in Texas.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:50 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 66173
Texas is becoming a tax shelter for business in the U.S.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:51 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 50617
PRODUCT MANGER
UP TO $110K + BONUS, RELOCATION AVAILABLE

Product planning and the strategic development for current products as well as R&D projects
Establish and direct the overall product strategy
Converse with customer technically and in marketing
Identify key product opportunities, channels of distribution and pricing
Coordinate and monitor the implementation of this strategy across various business departments from Marketing, Sales, R&D, Manufacturing and others in order to assure that sales volumes, market share and profit goals are met
BS/BA in engineering, business or related field (Master’s degree in business is a plus)
8+ years progressive experience in the product management/marketing/sales/engineering environment
2+ years as a business manager
Building or Construction industry experience a plus
Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills and project management experience.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:51 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 50617
DIRECTOR OF PRODUCT PLANNING
UP TO $150K + BONUS, RELOCATION AVAILABLE

Experience with value base pricing
Data driven, new school marketing
Converse with customer technically and in marketing
Lead the vision of the product planning group and the overall development, direction and implementation of the product marketing strategy
Meet/exceed sales, market share, and PBT goals
Market research and analysis; product planning, pricing administration, and market positioning
Direct cross functional coordination across business units relating to product, manufacturing, forecasting, supply chain, sales, quality and marketing
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, finance, marketing or related field (Master’s degree preferred)
8+ years’ progressive experience in the sales/marketing environment
3+ years’ proven track record in a management role
5 direct reports
Building or Construction industry experience a plus
Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills and project management experience.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 82435
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyzuks View Post
From what I have seen, it looks like Texas is the only place in this country hiring right now. I must get 3-4 emails from headhunters daily, and 90% of them are in Texas.
fify

My company has been hiring since I started 2 yrs ago. Various positions of course but you get the point.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

51 Ford

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

81 Cherokee

Last edited by Rooney77; 05-13-2013 at 06:53 AM.
Rooney77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2013, 06:53 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 50617
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyzuks View Post
From what I have seen, it looks like Houston and Dallas are the only places in this country hiring right now. I must get 3-4 emails from headhunters daily, and 90% of them are in Texas.

Not True:

Systems Engineering Manager - New Hampshire
Job Type: Full Time, regular direct position

Requirements:

As a Systems Engineering Manager, you will work closely with design and test engineers, marketing personnel, field sales managers, and with industry leading customers. You will manage team of system engineers to:

Learn the requirements and value propositions for various customer applications within the automotive, communications, consumer and industrial markets, and shape the switching regulator and LED driver roadmaps with strategic marketing to achieve growth objectives.
Develop product architectures and defined detailed product specifications.
Evaluate and characterize silicon, generate datasheets, applications reports, evaluation boards, pSPICE models and reference designs required to secure major design wins.
Validate that sensor final test strategies ensure proper operation of our sensor Ics in end customer applications.

Our customer base is globally diversified and this position involves frequent national and international travel.
Experience & Education Requirements
The successful candidate will possess a BSEE/MSEE or equivalent and 10+ years of semiconductor industry experience in a system engineering or corporate applications engineering position, preferably in a managerial role.. A solid understanding of DC-DC converter topologies, and ability to carry our hand-on lab work is essential in this position. Modeling experience with pSPICE is preferred.
The successful candidate will also possess strong interpersonal skills and ability to mentor the team members. Candidates must possess the ability to make clear technical presentations both to external customers and to Senior Management Staff
Old 05-13-2013, 06:55 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 50617
QUALITY ENGINEER (CUSTOMER LEAD)
UP TO $100K, FULL BENEFITS, RELOCATION AVAILABLE

2+ years’ experience in Mechanical, Electrical, Design or Process Engineering
BS in Engineering
Experience in a high volume industry
Customer interface experience
Strong planning, organization and communication skills
Ability to lead people and work with teams
Background in Design or Process Engineering
Knowledge of the new product development process
Six Sigma training
Experience with automotive OEM’s and/or Tier 1 suppliers (sensors a plus)
CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) certification
Experience with some common tools used in this role, including 6 Sigma, Design for 6 Sigma, Design for Manufacturability, GD&T, PPAP, APQP, FMEA, control plan, and 8D
Work with other engineers and technical colleagues in a team environment to influence the development of new and innovative products in the automotive industry.
Lead and solve problems with products and with the end user
Impact the development process of new products, critique and document the process, analyze the data and ultimately communicate the end result in a professional environment
Manage strategic customer accounts with direct customer support to drive quality improvement, responding to customer issues with crisp communication and providing strong problem resolution skills are also critical to the position.
Interact with others globally while traveling occasionally to customer locations company sites
Manage several customer accounts in all aspects of Quality and continuous improvement
Work with Design Engineering and Process Engineering during new product launches for automotive customers focusing on quality objectives
Developing a strategy to manage specific customer accounts
Performing risk assessments
Understanding new customer specific requirements
Setting quality goals for the new products
Documenting and working with lessons learned
Influencing the design process for improved quality
Writing Control Plans and reviewing high risk processes
Developing a customer satisfaction plan
Leading APQP process for customer launches
Working with Production sites to prepare for launch requirements
Data Analysis to identify concerns and develop improvement projects
Corrective action management for customer issues
Old 05-13-2013, 06:56 AM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 50617
Sr. Manager, Plastic Injection Molding
Menlo Park, CA

The process engineer will report to the VP and Chief Manufacturing Engineer, and in this role, will be responsible for interfacing with R&D scientists and business unit engineers in support of new opportunities for novel product platforms. The candidate will also provide the process vision for continuous improvement of all processes within the lab, including compounding, extrusion and molding of novel materials platforms and new product designs.

Minimum Responsibilities:

Provide materials molding and design expertise for wide array of new business unit opportunities.
Interface with R&D scientists and business unit engineers to organize, plan and execute product prototype development for all new opportunities.
Interface with equipment suppliers to continuously upgrade all equipment and achieve & maintain state of the art molding capability to lead all future molding activities.

· Stay current on core competencies and best practices in manufacturing to ensure incorporation into new designs/processes.
· Provide mentoring support to molding technicians and other molding personnel.
· Design and complete process maps and capability studies for all new processes.
· Ensure that processes are documented in a clear and understandable way.

Minimum Qualifications:

· Candidate should have a BS in scientific injection molding or equivalent process engineering discipline with at least 10 years experience in an R&D environment.
· Detailed knowledge of all aspects of injection molding, including mold design.
· Proficient with AutoCAD, ProE or equivalent design software.
· Proven and effective problem solving skills.
· Excellent communications skills (oral & written).
· Strong project management skills.
· Strong computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, CAD, project management).

IDEAL experience would be with start-of-the-art plastic injection molding and automation of that process for plastic fiber-optic cable connectors... Experience with connective cables
and electronic connectors would be a plus. This is a very high-precision advanced plastic injection molding process. Foreign candidates from Japan or Germany will definitely be considered. Fluency in Japanese a big plus.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:57 AM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 50617
Job Title: Associate Manufacturing Engineer – Azusa, CA
(great opportunity for a junior engineer wanting to get onboard a large corporation)

The Associate Process Engineer is engaged in all aspects of developing Spark Plasma Sintering-based processes for manufacture of advanced thermoelectric materials.

ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
• Works closely with senior metallurgist on the development of processes for manufacturing Thermo-Electric Materials using SPS system
• Runs Spark Plasma Sinterer to produce solid sintered thermoelectric materials
▪ Uses recipes to change operation parameters for different powder compacts
▪ Observes SPS operation to catch faults and troubleshoot failures
▪ Runs data collection software
• Maintains tooling and equipment
• Develops ideas for tooling design and other improvements to SPS process
• Track samples using online spreadsheets and databases
• Assists in defining process parameters and converts these into standard operating procedures
• Manages records of performed experiments and prepares internal reports

EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Must have undergraduate degree in materials science, metallurgy, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, or a related field. Education can be substituted with minimum 2-3 years of experience working in powder metallurgy industry. Experience in an engineering or science laboratory, metallurgical sample preparation, experience in using controlled atmosphere (glove box), chemicals, scientific instruments, and vacuum systems are desirable.

WORK ENVIRONMENT: Duties are primarily carried out in a clean room environment, requiring steel-toe safety shoes, protective pants and smock, and latex or nitrile gloves. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moderate cold, moderate heat, adhesive compounds (e.g. epoxies, silicones), acids (e.g. hydrofluoric acid, concentrated nitric acid), and cleaning fluids (e.g. methyl alcohol, acetone). The noise level in the work environment occasionally requires earplugs.

Great candidates could potentially come not only from metallurgy and casting fields, but also ceramics and plastics!
Old 05-13-2013, 07:13 AM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 83301
man if you are an engineer that's great.....how about something for those of us that aren't engineers.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:21 AM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 50617
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsylvaniaboy View Post
man if you are an engineer that's great.....how about something for those of us that aren't engineers.
What is your background? Try to Stump me.....
Old 05-13-2013, 07:23 AM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 17116
Send a message via Yahoo to lowbuck
Subscribed.

lowbuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2013, 07:23 AM   #17 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 82435
Quote:
Originally Posted by nweiv_78fj40 View Post
Hat tester.....go.

51 Ford

81 Cherokee
Old 05-13-2013, 07:29 AM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 123271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooney77 View Post
Diaper leakage tester.....go.
FIFY. Sorry ma'am, I had to.
'51plymouth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2013, 07:30 AM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 50617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooney77 View Post
Hat tester.....go.

Easy:

Job Title: Green Hat Tester

Client: Financial Services

Technical Skills: Green Hat, SoapScope, WebServices, XML, J2EE

Job Description:

7+ years IT quality assurance and systems/application testing experience.
7+ years of experience designing test plans and test scripts.
5+ years experience testing web services running on a tomcat, web sphere, WebLogic or other J2EE platforms (messaging, web-services, XML libraries).
5+ years XML experience
3+ years experience with IBM Green Hat Tester.
3+ years experience with Actional Diagnostic (formally known as SoapScope).
The person filling this role will have responsibility for creating and executing automated and manual mortgage web service tests.
The automated tests will be created and executed using IBM Green Hat Tester (RIT which is part of Rational Test Workbench).
Actional Diagnostics (A.K.A. Soapscope) will also be used to run existing tests. Gives direction to less experienced analysts.
Logs, tracks, and verifies resolution of software and specification defects using HP Quality Center and Clear Quest.

Job Requirements:

Required Skills: Green Hat, SoapScope, WebServices, XML, J2EE
Old 05-13-2013, 07:42 AM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 50617
Quote:
Originally Posted by '51plymouth View Post
Ok,

depends on what side of the fence you want to work for:

Independent Consulting:

XP Medical
1682 E. Ocean Ave.
Ventura, CA 93001
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 1-888-485-2268

Disposables Consultancy Service
37 Frankfort Avenue
Rathgar
Dublin 6
Ireland
Phone: +353 1 496 8478
Email: [email protected]

Both companies are independant testers for diapers.

Or you could go right for the source:

P&G Jobs and Careers
Old 05-13-2013, 07:43 AM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 24273
Quote:
Easy:

Job Title: Green Hat Tester

Client: Financial Services

Technical Skills: Green Hat, SoapScope, WebServices, XML, J2EE

Job Description:

7+ years IT quality assurance and systems/application testing experience.
7+ years of experience designing test plans and test scripts.
5+ years experience testing web services running on a tomcat, web sphere, WebLogic or other J2EE platforms (messaging, web-services, XML libraries).
5+ years XML experience
3+ years experience with IBM Green Hat Tester.
3+ years experience with Actional Diagnostic (formally known as SoapScope).
The person filling this role will have responsibility for creating and executing automated and manual mortgage web service tests.
The automated tests will be created and executed using IBM Green Hat Tester (RIT which is part of Rational Test Workbench).
Actional Diagnostics (A.K.A. Soapscope) will also be used to run existing tests. Gives direction to less experienced analysts.
Logs, tracks, and verifies resolution of software and specification defects using HP Quality Center and Clear Quest.

Job Requirements:

Required Skills: Green Hat, SoapScope, WebServices, XML, J2EE
Anything like that in FL?
Old 05-13-2013, 07:46 AM   #22 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 38193
Quote:
Quote:
Tradeshow booth designer
That's why they call it the Present

—Eleanor Rososevelt
Screwzer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2013, 07:48 AM   #23 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 82435
Quote:
Originally Posted by '51plymouth View Post
Well played.

So there really is a hat tester. I was just being a dumbass.

51 Ford

81 Cherokee
Old 05-13-2013, 07:49 AM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 50617
Quote:
Closest thing to you:

McCormick & Company, Incorporated, a global leader in flavor, is seeking a full time Utility Mechanic in its Hunt Valley Plant located in Hunt Valley, MD. With more than $3 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry – retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick brings passion to flavor™!

As an employer recognized for our exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick & Co., Inc. offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services which address the needs of employees and their families. McCormick’s benefits include, but are not limited to tuition assistance, medical & dental, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacations.

RESPONSIBILITIES:

Under the general supervision of a Maintenance Team Manager, the incumbent will:

maintain packaging, blending and fermentation equipment in multiple departments and is responsible for the complete maintenance and inspection on individual pieces of equipment.
work in a Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) environment and be familiar with high speed automated equipment.
lubricate, maintain and evaluate equipment for proper adjustment.
diagnose and correct mechanical issues as well as to overhaul equipment using shop machinery.
perform preventive maintenance and general maintenance as required on production equipment and will lead Autonomous Maintenance events.
monitor and approve all maintenance data entries on an ongoing basis during the shift and perform handoffs before and after the shift with maintenance and production counterparts.
be on the line at the start of shift until the line is running at production speed.
spend 90% of the time on the floor supporting production and will utilize available line time and resources to complete work during regular hours.
identify constant improvements while maintaining and improving preventative maintenance sheets and daily checklists with specific actionable information.

Desired Skills & Experience
QUALIFICATIONS

Flexibility with shift and work day assignments to support business need requirements and reduce Overtime required (For example, one potential work schedule might be Sunday – Thursday).
Five years of mechanical job experience and/or training on packaging filling lines required. Formal training or certifications preferred.
Experience setting up and operating basic machine shop equipment. Job shop machinist experience preferred. .
Experience overhauling and rebuilding automated equipment i.e. replacing bearings, shafts and drives required.
Experience diagnosing mechanical problems while inspecting a machine in static state required.
Ability to evaluate bearings, shafts, sprockets and chains and recommend replacement interval required.
Experience with Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) and ARC (stick) welding preferred.
Experience of Preventive Maintenance practices required.
Proven ability to train and lead others required.
Demonstrated process improvement and leadership skills required.
Ability to lift 70 lbs. required.
Ability to work in cross-functional teams required.
Ability to be flexible and adaptable to business needs required.
Troubleshooting skills and experience leading root cause analysis and problem solving initiatives to make recommendations on machine improvements required.
Familiarity with (Computer Maintenance Management System) CMMS systems to complete work orders and requisition materials required.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:52 AM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 50617
Quote:
This one is closer.....

MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN

Pyrotek Inc., a global manufacturer of high temperature products, has an immediate need at it’s Carlisle Pa manufacturing facility for a maintenance technician.

Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following..

- Visually inspects and tests and troubleshoots machinery, equipment and building systems.
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Must have strong Troubleshooting skills: electrical systems, electronics, ladder logic, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment. (CNC machining centers and other like related equipment are the primary equipment in the Carlisle facility)
- Cleans, lubricates, maintains and repairs machines, equipment and building systems.
- Performs scheduled and non scheduled preventive/reactive maintenance activities on equipment, buildings, grounds and Automobiles.
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Fabricates and repairs counters, benches, partitions, and other wooden structures.
- Good writing, documenting and communication skills.
- Basic PC skills for email, web searching, excel and maintenance software

Desired Skills & Experience
- Associates degree Industrial Maintenance
- Technical, vocational or on-the-job training in HVAC, electrical, mechanical, process controls, mechanical power transmission.
- Or 5+ years documented experience.

Company Description
Pyrotek is a leading international company supplying aluminium, foundry, glass, zinc, steel, noise control and hearth customers with performance improving technical products, integrated processing systems and consulting services worldwide.

Privately owned since 1956, Pyrotek offers industry-leading technical expertise and global resources with 66 locations in 31 countries.

In the global aluminium industry, Pyrotek is a recognized world-leader for equipment, consumables and consulting related to the refining, melting, processing and casting of molten aluminium.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in