Bulleit Bourbon vs. 1792 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 06:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Bulleit Bourbon vs. 1792

About to open one of these and have a taste. Opinions on them? Will drink 2 fingers w/ 2 rocks.

Fwiw I love knob creek and makers. Makers 46 is too woody and I didn't love woodford reserve when I tried it.

Companies helping me get dirty:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

& Blaine

:tank:
Beat95YJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Went Bulleit, very good. Similar to makers, not as sweet.

& Blaine

Old 09-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 113176
Haha, you said you love knob.
LucasFury is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasFury View Post
Haha, you said you love knob.
Dammit!

& Blaine

Old 09-03-2013, 08:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 81619
The Bulleit will make the wirminz clothes fall off. Proven fact.

1st Recline Bn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 7647
I thought Bulleit was terrible.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

KF5EQF

apeters89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2013, 08:08 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 128472
Yukon Wicked Hot is my current favorite.

[QUOTE]1. NEVER, EVER date a single mother.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=void_of_light;20712729]Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.[/QUOTE]
JM93LiftedYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2013, 08:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 44662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat95YJ View Post
About to open one of these and have a taste. Opinions on them? Will drink 2 fingers w/ 2 rocks.

Fwiw I love knob creek and makers. Makers 46 is too woody and I didn't love woodford reserve when I tried it.
Try it again. Very different batch to batch. I've had awesome and not so awesome Woodford.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st Recline Bn View Post
The Bulleit will make the wirminz clothes fall off. Proven fact.
Can I get a shipping quote? 90278.

& Blaine

Old 09-03-2013, 08:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Quote:
Originally Posted by PONY_DRIVER View Post
Try it again. Very different batch to batch. I've had awesome and not so awesome Woodford.
I have only tried it once on a flight. I almost tried it instead of the Bulleit. Will give it another shot.

& Blaine

Old 09-03-2013, 08:16 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 48966
Ive done Tom Bulleits class,so Im biased.I love the product,hes a decent guy,I have no problem spending my cash on a great example of American distillation.My suggestion is to drink at least half the bottle before making a decision.The Rye,superb.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
Safety third!

Member # 168243
Bulleit is pretty decent imo. My folks turned me on to it a few years back.

Quote:
By the way, Irregardless does pass spell check and it is a word. The meaning is exactly the same, you just want to play games

For the best deal on 8 lug disc brakes click here-->
Dr.Danger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2013, 08:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
Abby...someone

Member # 48547
Bulleit is decent - I like the old-style bottle too.

If you like the regular Knob Creek, try the Single Barrel -- 120 proof
Attached Images

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.
edglock21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2013, 08:22 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 171282
IMO with Bulliet you're buying a $20 bottle with $10 worth of bourbon in it.
blackdog220 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2013, 08:23 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 9545
If you want to try something different, try Booker's. It is very smooth considering it is over 120 proof. Some batches over 130.

I still have difficulty believing it is made by Beam.

For every day drinking, I really do enjoy Four Roses Small Batch.
Attached Images

Last edited by Shawnboy; 09-03-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Shawnboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2013, 08:23 PM   #16 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokejeep View Post
Ive done Tom Bulleits class,so Im biased.I love the product,hes a decent guy,I have no problem spending my cash on a great example of American distillation.My suggestion is to drink at least half the bottle before making a decision.The Rye,superb.

I have had 4 fingers, and I like it. Fwiw all bourbon is American (Kentucky) made though Bulleit is owned by Diageo a huge English conglomerate.

& Blaine

Old 09-03-2013, 08:24 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 350530
Michter's small batch is now mine and my step-dads favorite. I prefer the whiskey and dad loves! the bourbon. Dad usually keeps Makers Mark but when the store has Michter's he'll clear the shelf. I told him they'll order a case if he wants.His response was i"I want some one else to feel the same heartbreak I felt when I saw the shelf was bare".
sean hoodlum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #18 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnboy View Post
If you want to try something different, try Booker's. It is very smooth considering it is over 120 proof.

Sounds crazy as I am not a fan of anything beam. Will try knob single barrel. Pretty much I will try any bourbon and most American whiskeys.

I also love scotch, but they can be a costly habit.

& Blaine

Old 09-03-2013, 08:34 PM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 9307
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokejeep View Post
Ive done Tom Bulleits class,so Im biased.I love the product,hes a decent guy,I have no problem spending my cash on a great example of American distillation.My suggestion is to drink at least half the bottle before making a decision.The Rye,superb[/URL]
After I drink 1/2 a bottle I am sure I would be loving it at least until the next morning
Old 09-03-2013, 08:34 PM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 81619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat95YJ View Post
Can I get a shipping quote? 90278.
Shipping?
You have the Bulleit, go find wirminz and combine the two.

1st Recline Bn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2013, 08:44 PM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 30435
Bulleit. Their limited rye was very good.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:47 PM   #22 (permalink)
don't know nothin'

Member # 136902
Ancient Ancient Age,it is ten year old. I live in Bourbon central,most would be much better if they were aged some. Instead they are made today and bottled next week. Triple A is the real thing.
ridenby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2013, 10:17 PM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 56547
Quote:
If you want to try something different, try Booker's. It is very smooth considering it is over 120 proof. Some batches over 130.

I 100% approve this message. Along with Bookers, try Bakers. just as good
COXJ94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2013, 10:19 PM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 89539
Quote:

I agree with the Booker's.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:56 PM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 28743
Been through a few bottles of bulliet as of late. It's pretty good. We usually have at least one bottle of bourbon around and a few bottles of scotch. I went through a couple of bottles of Buffalo Trace not too long ago and we really liked it at its price point. Right now I'm working on a bottle of Laphroaig Quarter Barrel.
karlm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in