World Of Tanks? - Page 13 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2016, 09:23 AM   #301 (permalink)

Member # 25322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
What crap interface is that! It makes me want to claw my eyes out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugger View Post
Android?
Rugger for 5 points.

Yes, Blitz is definitely a different interface then regular WOT.

"Hacking" the Copperfield map like that really throws guys for a loop
Old 02-29-2016, 02:07 AM   #302 (permalink)

Member # 124967
Quote:
Originally Posted by GONRACIN View Post
Rugger for 5 points.

Yes, Blitz is definitely a different interface then regular WOT.

"Hacking" the Copperfield map like that really throws guys for a loop
Blitz is not an interface.

You aren't playing WOT.

You're playing the pre-pre-school version.

Stop posting until you graduate.
Tigerchief is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2016, 09:13 AM   #303 (permalink)

Member # 25322
Whenever I finally get around to getting another PC, I'll get the "real" version.
Until then, this is what I got
Old 03-07-2016, 10:58 PM   #304 (permalink)
"All Weeee Drive!"

Member # 6450
Russian Heavy Tanks

I'm thinking of expanding my garage & I'm looking at Tier VI heavies & need advice.

I had a KV-1 months ago, but ditched it (still have experienced crew), so I may start grinding it soon.
That can lead to T-150 or KV-2.
I have enough XP to get the KV-1s (tier V) right now, wich could get me the KV-85.

I'm not really planning on going higher with it (but who knows).

Keep in mind I prefer playing the Arty & TD lines. I've had my Cromwell for a month, do ok in it, but I'm not really a Blitzkrieg type player... More of a sniper/support/reserve type of player. (So I'm kinda leaning better gun with more pen/damage over armor).
Old 03-08-2016, 03:16 AM   #305 (permalink)
Wut?

Member # 20114
Quote:
Originally Posted by MochaMike View Post
I'm thinking of expanding my garage & I'm looking at Tier VI heavies & need advice.

I had a KV-1 months ago, but ditched it (still have experienced crew), so I may start grinding it soon.
That can lead to T-150 or KV-2.
I have enough XP to get the KV-1s (tier V) right now, wich could get me the KV-85.

I'm not really planning on going higher with it (but who knows).

Keep in mind I prefer playing the Arty & TD lines. I've had my Cromwell for a month, do ok in it, but I'm not really a Blitzkrieg type player... More of a sniper/support/reserve type of player. (So I'm kinda leaning better gun with more pen/damage over armor).
KV-2 all the way. The damn thing when maxed out is the ultimate derp tank. You just load HE, don't bother with anything else. Every time you fire, a tank dies. You have to play it smart, the armor is meh, and its turret is a magnet for rounds. Arty WILL target you first and you turn so slow fast tanks are a issue. However, if someone lets you shoot them, even the big Japanese heavies, you pretty much can one shot them.

To quote The Mighty Jingles "KV2 does not care, its rounds are guided by the hand of Stalin himself!"

Quote:
When I'm the voice of reason, it's a pretty good indication that someone's doing it wrong.
Overbear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2016, 04:47 AM   #306 (permalink)

Member # 59753

I was touched he wanted to kill me so badly.
A Team mate came by looked for a minute then shot him.

Last edited by Alfred W.; 03-08-2016 at 04:48 AM.
Alfred W. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2016, 07:49 AM   #307 (permalink)

Member # 41063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred W. View Post

I was touched he wanted to kill me so badly.
A Team mate came by looked for a minute then shot him.
Probably trying for the "Rock Solid" token for ramming a tank with your arty and surviving.

As for the Russian heavies, I went with the KV-85 and had a pretty good time with it. The KV-2 is impressive but the turret is a very easy target and I find that I go after them first with almost the same fervor as shooting a Lee. For whatever reason, certain tanks draw fire like a magnet and, on PS4 at least, the KV-2 is one of those.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:36 PM   #308 (permalink)
pro web-wheeler

Member # 12217
Finally got tired of dieing in the comet...love it but just suck badly at it...so I started in on SU152 and am 75% of the way to the ISU. The stock gun with heat is simple to play for bad players like me and I have had some of my best games in it.

For making credits, I finally dropped some real coin and bought the premium Mutz. I started off sucking pretty badly with it but it still made money at a surprising rate, even though I don't have a premium account. I was so bad that I was at around 41% winrate, but am slowly climbing up to the mid 40's. I find it is much like the comet and is fun...but I still need a lot of work. When I hold back and support, I do great. When I end up being the only medium or light on a flank, then it gets tough as I try to fill the role of fighting scout and don't do so well. I set it up with Vert stab, Rammer, and Optics, then the norms on the crew. I have just now realized the importance of sith sense and will start swapping that in on my commanders. You may laugh at this, but I thought the words "spotted" that came up at the top from time to time meant I was spotted. DUH...

With my mediums, I always tell myself I will get into a location and work hull-down, but after waiting a bit to see how the team will roll out, I often find myself filling in the weak spots and do not fare as well. I really need to just ignore those weak spots until I am a better player. I tell myself time and time again that I will, but damn if it isn't hard to not go fill in where there's a hole in the line.

Finally, I installed the autoaim+ mod as well as J1mbo's crosshairs. My damage done started climbing after that when playing in tighter areas.

I was reading that the delay can make a difference in you seeing others and also affect your aiming. Dunno how true that is...would I be at a disadvantage with a slow internet connection? I don't lag so that's not an issue... I have 15mbps, which would be fast for some, but apparently slow to many. ???

Last edited by RedBullJeep; 03-08-2016 at 08:37 PM.
RedBullJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2016, 08:51 PM   #309 (permalink)
a2b

Member # 22547
I will just leave this here

http://youtu.be/BTKchWOodaQ?a
a2b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2016, 11:32 PM   #310 (permalink)
pro web-wheeler

Member # 12217
lol...I enjoyed that.
Old 03-28-2016, 12:26 AM   #311 (permalink)

Member # 173308
Y'all should check out Armored Warfare. Such a better game.
Old 03-28-2016, 01:21 AM   #312 (permalink)
pro web-wheeler

Member # 12217
Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
Y'all should check out Armored Warfare.
R

Last edited by RedBullJeep; 03-28-2016 at 01:21 AM.
Old 03-28-2016, 01:48 AM   #313 (permalink)

Member # 173308
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullJeep View Post
R

6 years of WoT was enough for me. AW is a nice improvement. If WoT would implement half the improvements that AW has, it would be so much better.
Old 03-28-2016, 03:25 AM   #314 (permalink)
Wut?

Member # 20114
Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
6 years of WoT was enough for me. AW is a nice improvement. If WoT would implement half the improvements that AW has, it would be so much better.
No, it is not, not in any way what so ever. I have AW, I was on the alpha test team (long before it went beta). It is still a very poor game overall.

1)The AI system is insane, half the time arty still even with recent patches targets and picks on a single target even if they see other targets. Other times you can observe an AI tank ignore a target right next to them, and go after another.
2)The armor mechanics are absolute crap. Angle has almost no affect at all. Randomness to 'weak' spots. Try side scraping, it does NOTHING.
3)Game physics are poor at best. It detects collisions with objects in almost a random way. Invisible barriers, trees that roll across the screen.

It has potential, if they get their act together but as of now so few tanks (I have already finished ALL of the tree lines including arty). I find the maps far too predictable, and because of the poor armor physics things like going hull down mean little to nothing.

Top that with the fact the company is going big money and provides almost no reason to buy gold other than "big package" deals for tanks you already have (maxed out no less).

Long term, not sure its going to survive. WoT isn't perfect but its 10x what AW is right now.

Quote:
When I'm the voice of reason, it's a pretty good indication that someone's doing it wrong.
Old 03-28-2016, 04:00 AM   #315 (permalink)

Member # 124967
Quote:
No, it is not, not in any way what so ever. I have AW, I was on the alpha test team (long before it went beta). It is still a very poor game overall.

1)The AI system is insane, half the time arty still even with recent patches targets and picks on a single target even if they see other targets. Other times you can observe an AI tank ignore a target right next to them, and go after another.
2)The armor mechanics are absolute crap. Angle has almost no affect at all. Randomness to 'weak' spots. Try side scraping, it does NOTHING.
3)Game physics are poor at best. It detects collisions with objects in almost a random way. Invisible barriers, trees that roll across the screen.

It has potential, if they get their act together but as of now so few tanks (I have already finished ALL of the tree lines including arty). I find the maps far too predictable, and because of the poor armor physics things like going hull down mean little to nothing.

Top that with the fact the company is going big money and provides almost no reason to buy gold other than "big package" deals for tanks you already have (maxed out no less).

Long term, not sure its going to survive. WoT isn't perfect but its 10x what AW is right now.
I've been playing both, also an alpha tester for AW, and you're full of shit.

You're fucking terrible at WOT, and you know this, explain why you think your opinion matters.
Tigerchief is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2016, 04:41 AM   #316 (permalink)
Wut?

Member # 20114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerchief View Post
I've been playing both, also an alpha tester for AW, and you're full of shit.

You're fucking terrible at WOT, and you know this, explain why you think your opinion matters.
*chuckles* junior, trust me on this. Trying to look all uber cool and big bad, over a game?

What did I say that wasn't true?

AI arty still has a massive hard on for the first target they see despite the recent patch trying to fix that.

The collision model still causes random invisible rocks/hills, and it still detects a bump into static items at odd angles.

Sidescraping does nothing at all in AW. You clearly don't grasp what I am talking about so I would advise you to fire up a model viewer and you will understand.

Last, what does my, admittedly middle of the road skills in WoT have to do with anything? I have fun in both games, I enjoy WoT a bit more but only because I have played longer and the game is far more refined at this point than AW is. I am good enough to have earned my way up the chain on quite a few trees and a place on my clans team, not that we are all that good.

Opinion would imply I care. It is just a game, I stated flat out facts about the issues with the game and the way they are structuring the cost model right now.

Quote:
Old 03-28-2016, 05:48 PM   #317 (permalink)

Member # 173308
Quote:
WoT was pretty shitty in beta also. Numerous unbalanced tanks a massive Russian bias that makes people who said its bad today look foolish. The original Tier 5 KV, More feared than most tanks higher tiered then it. The Tier 9 IS-4 that was better than then T30/Maus. The T-54 that while still strong today is a shadow of its former overpowered self.

Quote:
If you are a green(xvm) or lower in WoT I could see this as being something of shocker, because you aren't use to it, but when you are a good player (blue/purple XVM) you get focused almost every game all game by arty, even if you aren't high tier. I'll take bots that have a hard on for me with a warning that the shot is incoming over people who just sit there with the sole intention of killing the good player even if it costs them a win.

Quote:
We are talking PvP here, in PvE the amor of AI tanks is reduced to much lower thickness to help offset the hording of AI tanks.

Its a difference of armor modeling between the two games. In WoT, large portions of the front of tanks are effectively weak spots. To combat this, you have to side scrape.

In AW, the front armor of the MBTs (for the most part) impenetrable to equal tier tanks, yet the sides / back / drivers ports and other small gaps in the armor are. To allow this, they reduced RNG so you can reliably hit the points you are aiming instead of making it a roll of the dice.

AW takes more "skill" to hurt something from the front then WoT does.

Quote:
You must not remember the time WoT had virtually no physics at all. Couldn't drive over a little rock, or down a little embankment. Its taken years to get to the point of today's physics.

Not saying that AWs don't need improvement, but that's why its still in beta.

Quote:
What do you mean get their act together? Would you rather it be a bigger grind fest? I would argue that the maps in AW have some issues, but so far they offer significantly more options for flanking and advancement then any map currently in WoT. Also, if you think going hull down or using terrain to your own advantage means little to nothing, just means you have no idea how to it properly.

Quote:
I can agree with this. The re-skinned premium tanks are kinda stupid. But in the last 40 years, there really isn't a ton of options. The dollar value in AW is about 5x what the same dollar would get you in WoT though. That in itself is a nice improvement.

Quote:
Long term I think it will. As long as they actively keep fixing things and keep an ear out for the player base it should.

The biggest issue with WoT is the fact that some of the basic game mechanics (arty) are so fundamentally flawed that it makes all the good points seem irrelevant.

In the end we are comparing a game that has been around for less than a year to a game that has been around for almost 7.

If WoT would just implement a few fixes that the community has been asking for, for years, like taking arty a wack-o-mole mechanic that it is now and switch it to an area denial weapon it should be. Fix premium rounds by trading damage for the higher pen. Make hatches take half damage so tanks like the T95 would actually be fearful to face from the front again and above all else, lower the damn RNG from 50% (25% on either side of the listed value) to an overall 25% (12.5% on either side of the value.

Sadly I doubt they will fix those issues because the shitters that rely on them to be able to not be completely worthless would bitch and moan about actually having to have some skill to do it.

Good players in WoT will almost always say AW is an improvement where bad players in WoT will say AW is a down grade. There are reasons for this.

Well I put way to much effort into this.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:05 PM   #318 (permalink)
Team 261 - VP

Member # 31923
Nobody play World of Warship?
Ken Hower - KOH #1962 Close Enough Racing/KOH #4899 Legends
Rubicon Trail Foundation - Director 2011-Present

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for being the primary sponsor for the 2016 Cantina For The Con!
atvobsession is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2016, 03:09 PM   #319 (permalink)

Member # 41063
I tried it but it was pretty boring.
Old 04-01-2016, 01:00 PM   #320 (permalink)
pro web-wheeler

Member # 12217
IS8balls on the moon today. Might be a single day event. Log in and update the game, then look in your tanks for the is8ball and hit battle. Handbrake works and the field is a giant pool table. Hit the enemy into the pockets and/or shoot them with your gun to kill. If you hear a horn, race to the middle as the outer edges may bump you into the pockets. If a big red circle appears, get out as it will bomb the tank closest to the middle. There are some rewards for playing.

Moon Mayhem Game Mode Now Available! | General News | World of Tanks
Old 04-02-2016, 02:51 PM   #321 (permalink)

Member # 2347
I just logged back in last night for the first time on I don't know how long. Yup, I can still die at a spectacular rate in my Panzer.

One thing I noticed is it seems to have been tamed down a little bit. I remember that thing flying around and now not so much. It's fast but doesn't seem like what it was before.

I need to go in and study it some more and upgrade my crew and tanks. Almost everything I have is tier 1 except the PZ (III), M7 Priest (III) and a T2 Medium (II).

Anything I should work from on those or get something else ?

I have a Vickers, Kolohousenka, Renault Otsu, Renault NC-31 and an MS-1 as well
Team Quadratec #105
Thanks to, Rausch Creek Offroad Park
Clayton Offroad
Profender Suspension
AtoZ Fabrication
Dave's Offroad Supply
Rolo Motorsports

Last edited by k5king; 04-02-2016 at 02:53 PM.
k5king is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2016, 02:20 PM   #322 (permalink)
pro web-wheeler

Member # 12217
With the new updates, the tanks appear slower but are just as much of a handful as the terrain can now roll you easily enough. In lights and fast mediums, learn to use handbrake for fast turns.

Your pz3 is fun and the Luchs is a pz3 on steroids. I did not go any further up the line.

Playing is8balls on the moon, handbrake and auto aim make it MUCH better.
Old 04-03-2016, 03:05 PM   #323 (permalink)
a2b

Member # 22547
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullJeep View Post

Playing is8balls on the moon, handbrake and auto aim make it MUCH better.
so jealous of the pc hand brake. my t62 would destroy folks if i had a hand brake
a2b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2016, 02:44 PM   #324 (permalink)

Member # 59753
Quote:
Originally Posted by a2b View Post
I will just leave this here

http://youtu.be/BTKchWOodaQ?a
That was good mine are not so artsy.
Just fartsy.

https://youtu.be/PIrzxM76QIU

https://youtu.be/77xErzIR9kw
On the X-Box one With an inline HD video capture.
Old 04-06-2016, 08:42 PM   #325 (permalink)

Member # 2347
Everyone get their free LTP yesterday ?

I got one myself and they were offering 50% more XP and premium for 24 hours. I also had a slap in the face insomnia attack so after laying down for 3 hours I decided to just play my whole 24.

120 games in that one alone along with a mastery badge. In between I upgraded my Luchs and went on a piss off rampage in it and my PZ. My biggest downfall is getting teams who think I'm gonna stand and fight and just leave me hanging, fuckers.

I was in my LTP and somehow ended up in Overlord (?) with fucking tier 8's ? Everyone but me and one other guy who was tier 3 as well. I hid a lot, right up until I got vaporized 5 minutes in. Those matches last longer cause those fuckers are SLOW !

Edit: Good tip on the hand brake. I love smashing it and flipping a bitch while they overshoot me.
Team Quadratec #105
Thanks to, Rausch Creek Offroad Park
Clayton Offroad
Profender Suspension
AtoZ Fabrication
Dave's Offroad Supply
Rolo Motorsports

Last edited by k5king; 04-06-2016 at 08:43 PM.
k5king is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in