World Of Tanks? - Page 15 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2017, 11:22 PM   #351 (permalink)
Wut?

Member # 20114
Quote:
Originally Posted by MochaMike View Post
I'm about to quit.

Tired of them nerfing the tanks just after i finish grinding them.
My Russian TDs have started to bounce gold off tanks 1-2 tiers below them.
The level of mods (cheating) has gone through the roof.
I get shot through walls, tanks go where they physically shouldn't (over berms or up onto mountains).
Most of the guys in the clan im in aren't playing anymore for the same reason.

Sucks really. They could do so much so easily with the platform...

For example: Tier only battles, temporary weapon/equipment rentals

You might want to hold up, there are a TON of changes happening in the next patch.

as to tanks going places "they shouldn't" that is part of the map/game, with the change in physics you can get up hills if you get a good run at them.

how are you bouncing HE rounds? (Russian bias baby! BL-10 FTW)

Quote:
When I'm the voice of reason, it's a pretty good indication that someone's doing it wrong.
Overbear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2017, 11:25 PM   #352 (permalink)
"All Weeee Drive!"

Member # 6450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
You might want to hold up, there are a TON of changes happening in the next patch.

as to tanks going places "they shouldn't" that is part of the map/game, with the change in physics you can get up hills if you get a good run at them.

how are you bouncing HE rounds? (Russian bias baby! BL-10 FTW)
The "big" update was supposed to happen mid-January.
Latest version of updates happen while playing (no more waiting).

HE is for using on tanks 3 tiers lower or 2 above.

EDIT: Don't even get me started on the "averages" listed on damage for guns (especially Arty).
My arty consistently does 1/4 of the damage listed for it's "average".

Last edited by MochaMike; 04-08-2017 at 11:26 PM.
MochaMike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2017, 11:33 PM   #353 (permalink)

Member # 173308
Quote:

EDIT: Don't even get me started on the "averages" listed on damage for guns (especially Arty).
That is because of how HE mechanics work. If HE rounds don't pen the target, the max damage roll is halved. Thickness of armor, distance from target and many other factors effect HE rounds also.

From the few things you posted, it seems they you don't know the basic mechanics of the game and from that, it appears people are cheating, or doing things you just don't know how too.

Last edited by M35A2; 04-08-2017 at 11:34 PM.
M35A2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2017, 11:39 PM   #354 (permalink)
Wut?

Member # 20114
Quote:

Arty is getting a total rewrite in the upcoming patch, as is matchmaker.

1)Arty no longer gets AP or HEAT rounds, only HE
2)Arty damage is being cut almost 2/3rds. However now when arty hits you, you get "stunned" and can't move or shoot for X seconds
3)arty splash damage is getting a buff of almost 2x the size, reload rates buffed by 2x and lastly aim time cut in half.

MM is going to be revamped, going to a 'tier ticket' system. So no more 8 TD in one game, no more fail platoons, and shorter wait times.

Go on the site check out the patch notes.

Quote:
When I'm the voice of reason, it's a pretty good indication that someone's doing it wrong.
Old 04-08-2017, 11:42 PM   #355 (permalink)
Broke

Member # 107866
Just kinda started playing this as a low commitment in between game. I'm on Pc as jeepocabra, if anyone wants to add me to a clan or whatever they call their version of a team hit me up.
Old 04-09-2017, 12:01 AM   #356 (permalink)
Team 261 - VP

Member # 31923
I play World Of Warships on a clan....North America Militia. Mostly ex-military guys, but you don't have to be. They play a lot tanks...use Teamspeak.

http://www.namarmy.com/
Ken Hower - KOH #1962 Close Enough Racing/KOH #4899 Legends
Rubicon Trail Foundation - Director 2011-Present

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for being the primary sponsor for the 2016 Cantina For The Con!
atvobsession is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2017, 12:58 AM   #357 (permalink)
"All Weeee Drive!"

Member # 6450
Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
That is because of how HE mechanics work. If HE rounds don't pen the target, the max damage roll is halved. Thickness of armor, distance from target and many other factors effect HE rounds also.

From the few things you posted, it seems they you don't know the basic mechanics of the game and from that, it appears people are cheating, or doing things you just don't know how too.
I'm talking HE that pens.

And I do know what I'm talking about.
I play enough to notice when the pen, accuracy & damage of a gun changes after an update.

Or even how equipment selection changes the MM algorithm.

Last edited by MochaMike; 04-09-2017 at 01:11 AM.
Old 04-09-2017, 01:01 AM   #358 (permalink)
"All Weeee Drive!"

Member # 6450
Quote:
Arty is getting a total rewrite in the upcoming patch, as is matchmaker.

1)Arty no longer gets AP or HEAT rounds, only HE
2)Arty damage is being cut almost 2/3rds. However now when arty hits you, you get "stunned" and can't move or shoot for X seconds
3)arty splash damage is getting a buff of almost 2x the size, reload rates buffed by 2x and lastly aim time cut in half.

MM is going to be revamped, going to a 'tier ticket' system. So no more 8 TD in one game, no more fail platoons, and shorter wait times.

Go on the site check out the patch notes.
So it will be worse. Kinda like VW diesels.

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Last edited by MochaMike; 04-09-2017 at 01:04 AM.
Old 04-09-2017, 02:30 AM   #359 (permalink)

Member # 16119
Send a message via ICQ to FaustKnight Send a message via AIM to FaustKnight Send a message via MSN to FaustKnight Send a message via Yahoo to FaustKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawlchevy View Post
Just kinda started playing this as a low commitment in between game. I'm on Pc as jeepocabra, if anyone wants to add me to a clan or whatever they call their version of a team hit me up.
Do yourself a favor and start watching youtube videos on strategy and how to use your tank.

Quickybaby, Lemmingrush, Taugrim, all great sources of strategy.
FaustKnight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2017, 03:04 AM   #360 (permalink)

Member # 16119
Send a message via ICQ to FaustKnight Send a message via AIM to FaustKnight Send a message via MSN to FaustKnight Send a message via Yahoo to FaustKnight
If anyone wants to platoon, feel hit to hit me up. If I'm not playing clan wars or in a tourney I'll play whatever.

FaustKnight - WoTLabs.net - World of Tanks Statistics Tracker
FaustKnight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2017, 03:13 AM   #361 (permalink)
pro web-wheeler

Member # 12217
Still loving the game. Am finally on a faster connection with a better computer and am doing much better in results. I'm almost to 49% and headed up faster now that I don't have so much lag. Still, I doubt I'll ever be much more than a 50% win ratio player.

Favorite tanks are e-25 (now that I'm doing better with camo values), M8A1 / T67, Crusader SP and bert arty, Cromwell B, ISU 152, and my Centurion ActionX. I am not all that great at tier 10 but more times than not finish in the top 6 players, so don't feel like I'm holding the team back.

The new patch looks interesting for the map quality. Unlike Mike, I am NOT looking forward to the fact that they are eliminating the few climbs that there are. The game just keeps getting shoved into smaller and smaller corridors and soon, it'll just be 100 meters long by 10 meters wide, straight corridor with no other tanks doing well but heavies. Knowing how little the climbs are used at this point, I don't see them as a major game changer, but instead as a way to change the dynamic of the game because there are more places you can go instead of less. The new maps ditch all of that. To me, it's a turn off. I don't do the climbs very often but will miss them greatly, especially when playing with friends in the training maps, playing follow the leader and/or creating insane race courses.
RedBullJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2017, 05:39 AM   #362 (permalink)

Member # 124967
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullJeep View Post
Still loving the game. Am finally on a faster connection with a better computer and am doing much better in results. I'm almost to 49% and headed up faster now that I don't have so much lag. Still, I doubt I'll ever be much more than a 50% win ratio player.

Favorite tanks are e-25 (now that I'm doing better with camo values), M8A1 / T67, Crusader SP and bert arty, Cromwell B, ISU 152, and my Centurion ActionX. I am not all that great at tier 10 but more times than not finish in the top 6 players, so don't feel like I'm holding the team back.

The new patch looks interesting for the map quality. Unlike Mike, I am NOT looking forward to the fact that they are eliminating the few climbs that there are. The game just keeps getting shoved into smaller and smaller corridors and soon, it'll just be 100 meters long by 10 meters wide, straight corridor with no other tanks doing well but heavies. Knowing how little the climbs are used at this point, I don't see them as a major game changer, but instead as a way to change the dynamic of the game because there are more places you can go instead of less. The new maps ditch all of that. To me, it's a turn off. I don't do the climbs very often but will miss them greatly, especially when playing with friends in the training maps, playing follow the leader and/or creating insane race courses.

E25 is a little bastard, isn't it? I won one a year ago, still don't play it much.

Been doing Team Battles for the last 2 years, and strong holds. The new Strongholds are cool.

Got to play Tier X in a team, 15 vs 15, which is NICE when organized. (Played CW tier X for 2 years in a clan).
Tigerchief is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2017, 08:05 AM   #363 (permalink)
Wut?

Member # 20114
Quote:
So it will be worse. Kinda like VW diesels.

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Then you really don't grasp the issue arty is right now. The new arty system will mean no more tier 9 arty able to one shot a tier 10 med.

It means arty will be part of a team now, not just "the death star". Arty will have to learn how to pick a target, stun it, so his team finishes it off. Arty players will see more points, higher XP/credits per game. This new mechanic will also force heavies out from camping the back of the maps and up front where they belong (with exception of heavies like the lowe who are far more sniper tanks than front liners)

The MM changes are more than welcome by 99% of the player base. No more stupid platoons, no more ending up a tier 6 in a tier 9 battle because you are a light tank. They are finally fixing the really broken crap!

Honestly dude, it kind of sounds like you are one of the types of players that bitch about TD's "camping" and thinks light tanks should be suicide running into places.

Quote:
Old 04-09-2017, 08:09 AM   #364 (permalink)
Wut?

Member # 20114
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaustKnight View Post
Do yourself a favor and start watching youtube videos on strategy and how to use your tank.

Quickybaby, Lemmingrush, Taugrim, all great sources of strategy.
You forgot to add...

The Mighty Jingles and SirCircon, both are very good.

I think however Quickybaby is one of the best of the strategy types, always gives a good breakdown of every tank and map.

Quote:
Old 04-09-2017, 08:31 AM   #365 (permalink)

Member # 124967
Quote:

Honestly dude, it kind of sounds like you are one of the types of players that bitch about TD's "camping" and thinks light tanks should be suicide running into places.
And you only play pubs, you scrub.

You haven't played tanks in this game yet, have you?

Last edited by Tigerchief; 04-09-2017 at 08:32 AM.
Tigerchief is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2017, 09:24 AM   #366 (permalink)
"All Weeee Drive!"

Member # 6450
Quote:

Then you really don't grasp the issue arty is right now. The new arty system will mean no more tier 9 arty able to one shot a tier 10 med.

It means arty will be part of a team now, not just "the death star". Arty will have to learn how to pick a target, stun it, so his team finishes it off. Arty players will see more points, higher XP/credits per game. This new mechanic will also force heavies out from camping the back of the maps and up front where they belong (with exception of heavies like the lowe who are far more sniper tanks than front liners)

The MM changes are more than welcome by 99% of the player base. No more stupid platoons, no more ending up a tier 6 in a tier 9 battle because you are a light tank. They are finally fixing the really broken crap!

Have you read my posts?
I've been playing TDs the longest, followed by Arty, then Med, Heavies, & now Lites.
Mainly Russian with TD, Arty, & Heavies. (Did get Bert last month)
I'm not talking TDs/Arty 1 shotting tiers above. I'm talking about nerfing them so they don't do crap to tiers below.

Why do they have to change so many tanks every 2 months.

Friends have gotten the war packs/mods (both illegal & legal) & they work. (Give players advantages over those who don't).
It's all about the $ with Wargaming. That is why they are now selling the Warpack (developed by a hacker).
Just look at the Tog weekend from last week. That speaks volumes.

I get pissed when kites hide in cities with heavies, mediums camp with arty & anyone who doesn't watch the map.
My only IX is the Object 406, VIi arty is the Su-14-2

What really screws the game up is total noobs who don't know how to play buying tier 6-10 premiums.
I'm not saying premiums shouldn't be sold.....
Players should have to grind lower tiers first is all.

Last edited by MochaMike; 04-09-2017 at 09:29 AM.
Old 04-09-2017, 09:45 AM   #367 (permalink)
Wut?

Member # 20114
Tier 10 premium? where? I want one! No premium goes above tier 8, unless I have missed something.

Look they are not running the game to be nice. They are in the market to make money, and they have to do things in game to keep it relevant or it becomes that turd of a game warthunder. Does it tick me off when new players jump into high tier games without knowing their tanks/the maps? Yes.

However one or two "noobs" on a team don't make or break the round. If you play your best, and you really understand the tank you are in, and the map. It is possible for one tank to take out 8-9 tanks. Yea I will say luck plays a part in there too.

eh whatever, I like the game, I love the new improvements being made every patch, and as i said, it could be worse...just look at warthunder.

As to hacking, I think in WoT it may be one in every thousand players, not like BF1 where it is one in every four players. It really isn't that big a deal in WoT.

Quote:

Last edited by Overbear; 04-09-2017 at 09:46 AM.
Old 04-09-2017, 12:48 PM   #368 (permalink)
"All Weeee Drive!"

Member # 6450
I don't buy premiums, so I wouldn't know (did you miss the part where I said I only tier 9? One 8 & three 7s.

I do have a 100Y, DickerMax & E25 that were gifted to me though.

Giving the option of single tier games would solve many of the issues the updates address.

If they really cared, they would address the various map distance discrepancies & view range issues...

What good does knowing view range or spotting range do if can't reference it on the map? A square on one map might be 200x200 meters, while another map is 400x400.

Or the new scale/ratings for camo or view range? (All it means is higher is better)

At least tank outlines appear smaller when you view them further away when targeting, but the ID & text description is the same scale regardless of distance.

Tank IDs shouldn't be visible through buildings either... that is what the map is for,

Last edited by MochaMike; 04-09-2017 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-09-2017, 04:10 PM   #369 (permalink)
"All Weeee Drive!"

Member # 6450
I'm just going to leave this here....
Attached Images

Old 04-09-2017, 04:16 PM   #370 (permalink)
Wut?

Member # 20114
Don't see anything out of the ordinary what so ever, 2 splash damage, 2 glancing hits likely at more than 55^ angle or you put it into the spaced armor/tracks. Looks like the right amount of damage for a screwup like that.

Average damage for HE, assumes you hit dead on, and overcome the armor. Hit tracks, and you can subtract 80-100 from the damage, plus whatever the armor is, plus the angle of hit, because you can't overmatch the armor with HE only HEAT and AP.

Really dude you need to learn the mechanics of the game. Not saying you don't play a lot, but clearly you are not understanding how the TD's you play work. I might suggest you watch a few of Quickybaby's videos.

Quote:
Old 04-09-2017, 04:44 PM   #371 (permalink)
"All Weeee Drive!"

Member # 6450
Quote:
Really dude you need to learn the mechanics of the game. Not saying you don't play a lot, but clearly you are not understanding how the TD's you play work. I might suggest you watch a few of Quickybaby's videos.
It's Arty dumbass.
Old 04-09-2017, 06:00 PM   #372 (permalink)
Wut?

Member # 20114
Quote:
It's Arty dumbass.
You are in for a huge change then, for the better from what I have seen.

Quote:
Old 04-10-2017, 01:53 AM   #373 (permalink)
pro web-wheeler

Member # 12217
Quote:
I'm just going to leave this here....
Looking at those stats, it really looks like you didn't move after you shoot. You moved 30 meters in total, so that meant you were very close to the spawn and could not possibly have moved more than a few meters after shooting, if at all.

When I play arty, I watch for tracers and counter their arty on a regular basis. I have tons of kills of arty and they have never been spotted. After the game, I get bitched at by the arty I kill in the first 2 minutes of the game as they say I am cheating. Nope, I'm simply playing smart and they were not.

First rule of arty: The very second you hit the button to fire, MOVE...every single time...and not just 5 meters.

Last edited by RedBullJeep; 04-10-2017 at 01:56 AM.
RedBullJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2017, 05:53 AM   #374 (permalink)

Member # 59753
I have no desire anymore to play any games on a computer.
That is why I bought an X-box.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDFESowsFVA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGIrN2LxXNY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94LP...w#t=293.896479

I use to be a hardcore computer gamer. Just got screwed so many times.

I STILL play hard.

Wish I had my Xbox here!

Last edited by Alfred W.; 04-10-2017 at 06:05 AM.
Alfred W. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2017, 06:46 AM   #375 (permalink)

Member # 41063
Xbox.

:snicker:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in