Hack Flavia coffee maker - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2014, 01:10 PM   #26 (permalink)

Member # 14794
Send a message via AIM to korda
Quote:
Originally Posted by plym49 View Post
Meh. Global contract, thousands of machines world-wide.

I found a hidden 'volume' setting and I maxed it out. It did not seem to change anything in terms of serving volume so it might change the water level in the reservoir.
Is the machine louder now?

Old 03-13-2014, 01:30 PM   #27 (permalink)
almost contraband

Member # 106670
Have you unplugged/plugged it in since changing the volume setting? I'd try that and then go back thru the menu and see if it has reset to the default or stored the change. If it has stored the change you made, see if the restart might have put the change into effect.

I'm making this up as I go, but it's more reasonable than a unicorn. Kinda

Quote:
That's exactly what I'm saying. I don't know why I want one, (and didn't until I saw this vid), but now I'm skeptical that I can live without one.
dunno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2014, 04:14 PM   #28 (permalink)
Damn kids

Member # 162771
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno View Post
Have you unplugged/plugged it in since changing the volume setting? I'd try that and then go back thru the menu and see if it has reset to the default or stored the change. If it has stored the change you made, see if the restart might have put the change into effect.

I'm making this up as I go, but it's more reasonable than a unicorn. Kinda
Good idea, will try that.
plym49 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2020, 05:38 PM   #29 (permalink)

Member # 879760
Mine was full of scale

I had this problem. I turned it over to drain the tank and a ton of scale came out. I filled/dumped it 5 or so times before all the scale was out. It didn't fix it, so I ran descaler through it and rinsed it a dozen times, and ran the hot water thing for about 8 quarts to get it all out. Now it's back to normal.
jim1967 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2020, 06:22 PM   #30 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 18433
Does you office have a hot water carafe? If so grind your own beans at home and get a french press and make badass coffee at your desk and not have to drink that shit. Plus it gives you something to do to break up the day as it takes about 10mins to make a cup. Seriously.

I worked at a place that had one of those flavias for the flight crews and us ramp rats weren't allowed to touch it. When management went home we would mix espresso and the french roast and you got a pretty good buzz going.
Old 01-30-2020, 06:44 PM   #31 (permalink)

Member # 86724
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1967 View Post
I had this problem. I turned it over to drain the tank and a ton of scale came out. I filled/dumped it 5 or so times before all the scale was out. It didn't fix it, so I ran descaler through it and rinsed it a dozen times, and ran the hot water thing for about 8 quarts to get it all out. Now it's back to normal.
you went to a lot of trouble to sign up for a website and type this shit out to revive a 6 year old thread that nobody gave two fucks about in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gslander View Post
Does you office have a hot water carafe? If so grind your own beans at home and get a french press and make badass coffee at your desk and not have to drink that shit. Plus it gives you something to do to break up the day as it takes about 10mins to make a cup. Seriously.

I worked at a place that had one of those flavias for the flight crews and us ramp rats weren't allowed to touch it. When management went home we would mix espresso and the french roast and you got a pretty good buzz going.
necroposter got you.
Old 01-30-2020, 07:25 PM   #32 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 18433
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87manche View Post
you went to a lot of trouble to sign up for a website and type this shit out to revive a 6 year old thread that nobody gave two fucks about in the first place.

necroposter got you.
Damn, I was pwned!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by Gslander; 01-30-2020 at 07:26 PM.
Gslander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2020, 07:41 PM   #33 (permalink)

Member # 200906
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1967 View Post
X2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in