Recommend me a Washer / Dryer - Page 6 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2019, 10:37 AM   #126 (permalink)

Member # 3007
deal? Without knowing details I see commercial units similar to this for $3200 new

https://quadcities.craigslist.org/ap...747422433.html

Last edited by Bones; 01-03-2019 at 10:38 AM.
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2019, 11:13 PM   #127 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 95939
Quote:
Originally Posted by erictylers1 View Post
They are almost always NG, buy them from fancy people "down the hill" as we say, and convert to propane.
Why convert to propane, it costs more, and is not supplied by pipe?

As the slaughter of WW2 fades, the young gear up for something they will wish they had not wished for.

Quote:
I hope the little stickie out leg on the R gives you a rectal tear as you shove it up your ass.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DR. SMASHER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2019, 11:29 PM   #128 (permalink)
ADD

Member # 22080
Because where he lives (and me too), most houses up here are all propane
Old 01-06-2019, 09:34 AM   #129 (permalink)

Member # 226216
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR. SMASHER View Post
Why convert to propane, it costs more, and is not supplied by pipe?

Cant get NG where I live. Its propane or electric.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thefishguy77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2019, 10:58 PM   #130 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 95939
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD View Post
Because where he lives (and me too), most houses up here are all propane
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefishguy77 View Post
Cant get NG where I live. Its propane or electric.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats what I thought. Well, propane burns hotter then NG so you should get better efficiency, but too bad its more costly then NG.

As the slaughter of WW2 fades, the young gear up for something they will wish they had not wished for.

Quote:
I hope the little stickie out leg on the R gives you a rectal tear as you shove it up your ass.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-07-2019, 12:11 AM   #131 (permalink)
ADD

Member # 22080
Luckily I live in town so my dryer is NG, but 2 miles down the road it's all propane
Old 01-07-2019, 12:35 AM   #132 (permalink)

Member # 225201
I pay $.10 over cost so let that bitch run!
erictylers1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2019, 11:25 AM   #133 (permalink)

Member # 3007
Well I did some Speed Queen research and the 2018 seems to have changed design and are pure garbage based on the videos and reviews I watched and the prices they command and limited places to purchase they are not worth it to me. Current washer/dryer was in the house when I bought it and I have a theory that the center agitator is damaging cotton shirts with tiny holes. I just know they are old, loud, inefficient and I am still looking to replace them.

Found a set of Maytag Bravo MCT " maytag commercial grade" in 4.3 and 5.3 capacity for washer and 7.0 and 8.8 for the dyer right at $1150-$1450. I like the washer as there is no center agitator which may be harder on clothes. None of my stuff go into the wash filthy dirty. That is what laundromats are for.
Old 04-12-2019, 06:02 PM   #134 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 85264
Send a message via AIM to LeadfootCJ7
Bummer about Speedqueen. I thought I was finally making progress on the washer basket size, but I'm not hoping to keep trying if they are garbage now.

I really want a top loader, but, when I read reviews, it appears front load washers clean better. If they still have the issues that the front loaders from 5+ years ago, I'm not interested. My washer and dryer are in my garage in Houston heat and humidity if that makes a difference.
Old 04-12-2019, 06:14 PM   #135 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 66684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Well I did some Speed Queen research and the 2018 seems to have changed design and are pure garbage based on the videos and reviews I watched and the prices they command and limited places to purchase they are not worth it to me. Current washer/dryer was in the house when I bought it and I have a theory that the center agitator is damaging cotton shirts with tiny holes. I just know they are old, loud, inefficient and I am still looking to replace them.

Found a set of Maytag Bravo MCT " maytag commercial grade" in 4.3 and 5.3 capacity for washer and 7.0 and 8.8 for the dyer right at $1150-$1450. I like the washer as there is no center agitator which may be harder on clothes. None of my stuff go into the wash filthy dirty. That is what laundromats are for.

I think the base model mechanical controll speed queens are the same as the older ones. At least mine sure seems to be.
2big bronco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2019, 09:05 PM   #136 (permalink)

Member # 64213
Just bought a new Maytag top loader, 5.2 capacity, with agitator after my kitchenaid washer died. Here’s what I learned after hitting the internet and stores hard for a family of five usage.

New speed queens suck.
GE washer and dryer now owned by china.
Whirlpool owns Maytag.
Samsung, Electrolux, and Armana suck for various reasons.
LG makes the best front loader but I didn’t want the open door hassle.
Impellers wash by forcing clothes together while agitators do the work.
They are all electronic now even with knobs and the electronics are better but I still bought a 5 yr warranty.
They are all High efficiency but some have ways to override water usage like Maytag.

I went with the Maytag 5.2 because it can hold king comforter, good record, has agitator, gets clothes super clean and damn near dry after spinning. Price from Nebraska mart was 7/8 out the door....yes, I have to leave top open so it can air out but better than front door.

One feature I do like is a time delay for up to 12 hrs so the clothes don’t sit overnight or you can run after dishes and showers once hot water returns.

Last edited by 89breaker; 04-13-2019 at 09:07 PM.
89breaker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2019, 02:52 PM   #137 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 95939
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89breaker View Post
Just bought a new Maytag top loader, 5.2 capacity, with agitator after my kitchenaid washer died. Hereís what I learned after hitting the internet and stores hard for a family of five usage.

New speed queens suck.
GE washer and dryer now owned by china.
Whirlpool owns Maytag.
Samsung, Electrolux, and Armana suck for various reasons.
LG makes the best front loader but I didnít want the open door hassle.
Impellers wash by forcing clothes together while agitators do the work.
They are all electronic now even with knobs and the electronics are better but I still bought a 5 yr warranty.
They are all High efficiency but some have ways to override water usage like Maytag.

I went with the Maytag 5.2 because it can hold king comforter, good record, has agitator, gets clothes super clean and damn near dry after spinning. Price from Nebraska mart was 7/8 out the door....yes, I have to leave top open so it can air out but better than front door.

One feature I do like is a time delay for up to 12 hrs so the clothes donít sit overnight or you can run after dishes and showers once hot water returns.
Maytag, Whirlpool, KitchenAide are all the same company but with varying degrees and prices. They all seem to get much better reviews then other brands. My KitchenAide fridge has lasted better then Samsung and LG, but did have a hole in the condenser piping from factory. It was fixed under warranty easily. thats the only problem with it.

My Samsung washer and drier get beat hard all week for 3+ years now but I the drier is going as it sounds like a coffee grinder. Still have the old Frigidaire drier that is 10+ years old and will just switch it out.

Quote:
Old 04-15-2019, 07:59 AM   #138 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 16699
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2big bronco View Post
I think the base model mechanical controll speed queens are the same as the older ones. At least mine sure seems to be.
Thats how I understand it too, stay away from the top of the line with the electronics. They did change the tub so they don't have the agitator I think though.

We bought ours in January and haven't had any issues so far.
rockmup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2019, 02:59 PM   #139 (permalink)

Member # 63664
YMMV but our LG Top Loader washer and dryer have been excellent. If I remember right they were the first fancy top loader that came out after the front loader craze got big. Bought them in '10 or '11. Kept watching the sale paper and got some kind of Home Depot "special buy". Both were about the regular cost of just the washer. There was a recall on something at one time. They came and replaced a part. We noticed no difference before or after. They have survived two moves.

Quote:
You won't find a larger gathering of generous and caring, mouth breathing, ego smashing, mother railing fucktards anywhere on the 'net.
rfr002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2019, 05:50 AM   #140 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 7772
Used mechanical Speed Queen if you can get them. Have a good local appliance guy go through them.

I didn't read the thread, others have made the same recommendation.
EverNoob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2019, 06:30 AM   #141 (permalink)

Member # 3007
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverNoob View Post
Used mechanical Speed Queen if you can get them. Have a good local appliance guy go through them.

I didn't read the thread, others have made the same recommendation.
So which is it? you didn't read the thread, but you read it enough to know others are just as cool as you?

I could not find SQ near me and reviews on new(er) units were not favorable for the $$ they cost. Tried buying some commercial stacked units of CL but the seller never responded to me.

Ended up with top load Whirlpool and am pretty happy. They are light yeas better than my old clunker, but I have reservations they will last long.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:59 AM   #142 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 7772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
So which is it? you didn't read the thread, but you read it enough to know others are just as cool as you?

I could not find SQ near me and reviews on new(er) units were not favorable for the $$ they cost. Tried buying some commercial stacked units of CL but the seller never responded to me.

Ended up with top load Whirlpool and am pretty happy. They are light yeas better than my old clunker, but I have reservations they will last long.
I don't know why you're frustrated with me. No, I did not read the thread.

If you ask for which washer/dryers to buy on a forum with mature, mechanically-minded people, you are going to be told to buy a mechanical-control Speed Queen set.

I'm glad you found a set that you are happy with. Seems to be older, more primitive sets are the way to go unless you have a wife that just has to have a frikkin' 1950s cartoon, or you are a foreigner.

Foreigners love to move to America then piss and moan about how American-made stuff is shit. Then people wonder why I want to build a wall and deport everyone back to their fucking shitholes.

This bit of morning race-hate brought to you by me.

Happy washing.
EverNoob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in