I quit drinking - Page 42 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2018, 06:08 AM   #1026 (permalink)

Member # 159257
I’ve been feeling sick this week and while I’ve flopped back and forth on quitting I might be in the same boat as you soon.
H8DWINGS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2018, 08:20 AM   #1027 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 46240
This will be my 3rd time checking into this thread. I have failed miserably in the past. Maybe made it a week at most every time I tried to quit. However, I'm in desperate need to quit this time. I've let the drinking get out of control and seeing how much it is screwing up my life. I've been easily drinking 8-15 beers a day/night. Very rarely touch hard stuff. I used to be able to remember stuff throughout the day and stay functional, but I am starting to forget conversations I've had, and have had a few other mishaps that I am not proud of. I also used to be a pleasant person to be around while drinking, but have turned into an angry confrontational sloppy drunk.

Anyway, I have no idea how to gain the self control back or how to occupy my time without having alcohol present. I have had it rule my life since I was 18, and am now 33. I wake up everyday saying that I will not drink, but as soon as I am a few hours into the day, I am thinking about that first drink and my where I'm going to get it. My wife and I have been seeing counseling and my drinking has been a main focus, but I don't make any progress. I don't believe counseling or AA is going to work for me. I guess I don't have respect for myself, the counselor or strangers in AA, so I will most likely get through the session and revert back to my ways as soon as I leave.

But, before I go off on a sob story, I guess I am checking in again and hope this can be the day I actually start being sober and stay sober. I will try to read back on others tips of options other than counseling or AA.

Last edited by RaginCaucasian; 11-28-2018 at 08:21 AM.
RaginCaucasian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2018, 08:38 AM   #1028 (permalink)

Member # 548137
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginCaucasian View Post
This will be my 3rd time checking into this thread. I have failed miserably in the past. Maybe made it a week at most every time I tried to quit. However, I'm in desperate need to quit this time. I've let the drinking get out of control and seeing how much it is screwing up my life. I've been easily drinking 8-15 beers a day/night. Very rarely touch hard stuff. I used to be able to remember stuff throughout the day and stay functional, but I am starting to forget conversations I've had, and have had a few other mishaps that I am not proud of. I also used to be a pleasant person to be around while drinking, but have turned into an angry confrontational sloppy drunk.

Anyway, I have no idea how to gain the self control back or how to occupy my time without having alcohol present. I have had it rule my life since I was 18, and am now 33. I wake up everyday saying that I will not drink, but as soon as I am a few hours into the day, I am thinking about that first drink and my where I'm going to get it. My wife and I have been seeing counseling and my drinking has been a main focus, but I don't make any progress. I don't believe counseling or AA is going to work for me. I guess I don't have respect for myself, the counselor or strangers in AA, so I will most likely get through the session and revert back to my ways as soon as I leave.

But, before I go off on a sob story, I guess I am checking in again and hope this can be the day I actually start being sober and stay sober. I will try to read back on others tips of options other than counseling or AA.
Ragin,
People, Places and Things.

Avoid those that involve drinking and stay busy doing something.

Since reading this thread a few weeks ago, I've drastically cut back on liquor. And I had half a beer last night. Still not sober, but I'm taking steps in that direction. Just need some fawking sleep. Also quit 27 days ago.

Last edited by denverd1; 11-28-2018 at 11:54 AM.
denverd1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2018, 09:19 AM   #1029 (permalink)

Member # 169788
Quote:

I'm hesitant to post, but will anyway... There has been some really good posts/advice in this thread by others that have a lot more to offer than I do, but I'm not all that far from where you are right now. I'm 318 days sober, but I couldn't start counting those days until I got the first one behind me. That is my advice to you, focus on today. I won't lie, it's going to be a tough few days, but each day gets a little easier and for me, getting to put that "check mark" on the calendar the next morning, damn that feels good!

I can not tell you how many days I woke up saying I wouldn't drink, far too many to count, yet I too would find myself thinking about when and where I was going to have that first drink. Those thoughts do not cross my mind any longer, and to say that is a burden lifted off my shoulders would be a huge understatement.

I had said "I'm sorry" for something related to my drinking so many times, that it had no meaning. I finally realized the following:
"The best apology is changed behavior"

Everyone is different but I didn't tell anyone, including my wife, that I was quitting drinking. I put it all on myself to do what I needed to do, which was to not pick up a drink that first day. Dammit, if I can get myself into this, I can get myself out! That won't work for everyone, but it does give me some gratification that I can do this and that I don't need to do this for anyone other than myself.

Like I said at the beginning of this post, others in here have a lot more experience and better advice than I do, but I bet we can all relate to what you are experiencing. In other words, you are not alone in this fight, even if it's just a bunch of assholes on a website!

Be ready though, you will find yourself with more free, productive time than you ever knew you had! For me, especially during those first few weeks, I had to have something to do to keep my mind off of drinking. I've gotten more projects done in the last ~300 days than I have in the last 300 weeks!

No clue what part of CO you are in, but feel free to reach out if you want/need anything.
COcamper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2018, 09:33 AM   #1030 (permalink)

Member # 159257
Quote:

Little Steps? Count the hours? Count the day then the next day? Ever think to yourself "Why am I thinking about drinking at 10am? Where in the fuck is that normal for a TUESDAY?" I did councling with my wife (arguing) and I was told not to drink. I went 2 months (also marathon training) sober and we still had arguments. As soon as I started drinking the wife wanted to know how long I'd be drinking before I was sober. I told her nothing changed while sober so I'm not quitting because it obviously wasn't the problem. Now it's more "I don't want to wake up feeling like shit every morning" and just that helps. Yeah, there are plenty of days I tried to stop but when I got home at 4:30 I slammed a beer. Sometimes I'd slam a beer before the wife got home so I could have a second, maybe a third before she got home and only seem me drink 4. This is when I knew I had a problem.

Ever wake up after not drinking for a day or two and feel....different? 8-15 is over my 6 pack a night but I also went through 4 pints of 10.5% triple IPAs last weekend and paid for it in the morning. I stopped wanting to "power through the day" and getting sick might help it. Now I eat a lot of ice cream, drink rockstars (always have) and just consider how fast I'd blow $50 in a week just by drinking. Do you know what you could buy with an extra $200/month?

If you need a reward for going an hour without a drink, make one if you can (soda, gum, jacking off) and stick with it then extend the time frame. If you can't figure out what to do with your time except drink I'd always think "If I start drinking I know I wont stop and I'll be drunk. Is there ANYTHING I can do to not drink? Clean, cook, pick meals for next week, reorganize or put stuff away, etc." and do those things. If you can't think of ANYTHING to do ask your wife. I'm sure she has some good ideas. Even if it's "Go take a walk" which includes around the hardware stores, sports stores, or the mall.

As a point of reference, when I drank those four 10.5% beers it was the day before thanksgiving and I told my wife I don't know what the fuck is wrong with me where I'd rather sit here and drink all night long knowing it's going to hurt in the morning. I promised not to drink at Thanksgiving, and didn't which was actually kinda fun, and started drinking when we got home after dinner. Something that works for me is seeing people drinking while I'm sober and how they act, knowing I'll remember it AND I won't hurt in the morning.

The thing I find ironic in this whole deal is I was able to kick smoking (multiple times) cold turkey because I didn't have time to buy the stuff. My wife says "we" (joint checking account for house bills) aren't buying beer because if we don't have it in the house I can't drink it. Valid point. I can't do heroin if I don't have it in my house and it isn't in my house FOR A REASON.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:35 AM   #1031 (permalink)

Member # 159257
Quote:
Originally Posted by COcamper View Post
I'm 318 days sober, but I couldn't start counting those days until I got the first one behind me.
Anything significant about the day you quit? It wasn't 1/1/18 so I'm thinking "Tuesday sounds like a good day to knock this shit off finally" came to mind.
Old 11-28-2018, 10:55 AM   #1032 (permalink)

Member # 169788
Quote:
Originally Posted by H8DWINGS View Post
Anything significant about the day you quit? It wasn't 1/1/18 so I'm thinking "Tuesday sounds like a good day to knock this shit off finally" came to mind.
You're correct, and it was a Tuesday! 1/15/18 was my last drink and I decided on 1/16/18 that I was done drinking and I've stuck to it.

There were many things that led up to that, but in reality they were all excuses. I had been doing a decent job of cutting back on my drinking, made it through all of the holidays without drinking as much as I could whenever I could. In hindsight, I wasn't tricking anyone but myself, as I too would "sneak" an extra drink here and there or make those 3 drinks I limited myself to strong enough to peel paint. Then on 1/3/18 our family dog and my best buddy of the last 12+ years unexpectedly died. That hit me hard, as all pet-owners know, and I guess that was the excuse I needed to fall back into my old habits and say fawk it, I'm drinking as much as I want. No clue what happened the night of 1/15, as I was in my "normal" drink until passed out mode, but I woke up on 1/16 and realized that wasn't working for me, my family, and it sure as hell wasn't bringing back my dog!

From then on it's been ODAAT- One Day At A Time.
Old 11-28-2018, 11:52 AM   #1033 (permalink)

Member # 159257
Quote:
You're correct, and it was a Tuesday! 1/15/18 was my last drink and I decided on 1/16/18 that I was done drinking and I've stuck to it.

There were many things that led up to that, but in reality they were all excuses. I had been doing a decent job of cutting back on my drinking, made it through all of the holidays without drinking as much as I could whenever I could. In hindsight, I wasn't tricking anyone but myself, as I too would "sneak" an extra drink here and there or make those 3 drinks I limited myself to strong enough to peel paint. Then on 1/3/18 our family dog and my best buddy of the last 12+ years unexpectedly died. That hit me hard, as all pet-owners know, and I guess that was the excuse I needed to fall back into my old habits and say fawk it, I'm drinking as much as I want. No clue what happened the night of 1/15, as I was in my "normal" drink until passed out mode, but I woke up on 1/16 and realized that wasn't working for me, my family, and it sure as hell wasn't bringing back my dog!

From then on it's been ODAAT- One Day At A Time.
Totally guessed on the Tuesday. Figured it would be something I'd personally do because waking up Monday hurt. I'm sometimes afraid of how I'd handle a death and I'd like to think I'd tell myself "drinking won't make it go away. You might as well deal with this now instead of later" but I have also seen some family members walk off at funerals and drown themselves in a bottle.

Now, I occasionally have a "shitty day" at work and "I need a drink" just because but I start thinking more about how it isn't going to fix anything or make the shitty day any better. It's just an excuse. I have done the "this isn't working for me and the family" thing a few times. Eventually it will stick and the "social drinking" think I take to the maximum, make excuses (wont happen again, learned my lesson because it hurt, sorry, etc.) because excuses are like farts.

oh yeah, the other thing I'd do is drink 6 beers. Started with Coors/New Castle type (under 5%) and switched it to 6 beers of 7+% to drinking 16 ouncers instead of 12s. Pretty much every way around the "rule" I made. I never made a "I'll drink 128 ounces of beer at 5% or less" or some kind of volume * ABV number. Then I watch Shameless on Showtime/Netflix and see the kid have a point system where each drink (beer, wine, liquor) has a point value and he gets like 12 points a day...then I see him sober and think "damn....I was kinda like that when I wasn't drinking."
Old 11-29-2018, 10:32 PM   #1034 (permalink)

Member # 159257
Quote:
This will be my time.
So how is it going? Thinking of things you can do other than drink? Searching for resins to post? Still think the 10am beer is normal? Need an accountant to tell you you arenít a cheap drunk?
Old 11-29-2018, 11:10 PM   #1035 (permalink)

Member # 95025
Quote:

Anyway, I have no idea how to gain the self control back or how to occupy my time without having alcohol present. I have had it rule my life since I was 18, and am now 33. I wake up everyday saying that I will not drink, but as soon as I am a few hours into the day, I am thinking about that first drink and my where I'm going to get it. My wife and I have been seeing counseling and my drinking has been a main focus, but I don't make any progress.
I don't believe counseling or AA is going to work for me. I guess I don't have respect for myself, the counselor or strangers in AA, so I will most likely get through the session and revert back to my ways as soon as I leave.

There's your biggest hurtle right there.

You've already defeated yourself before you even start getting sober.

NOTHING WILL CHANGE UNTIL YOU CHANGE ARE ATTITUDE.

President Trump on building the wall:
"THIS IS WHERE WE HOLD THEM!!! THIS IS WHERE WE FIGHT!!! THIS IS WHERE THEY'RE DEPORTED!!!"

V.P.Pence:
BUILD THIS WALL, BOYS!!!

Fearless Indians:
Awe-Ooo!!!
CDA 455 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2018, 09:03 AM   #1036 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 46240
Quote:
So how is it going? Thinking of things you can do other than drink? Searching for resins to post? Still think the 10am beer is normal? Need an accountant to tell you you aren’t a cheap drunk?
Struggling fairly hard. Already slipped up last night and drank a 6 pack. This weekend will prove to be even more difficult. I had the fridge (kegorator) taken out of my shop by my dad, which I hope will help. Haven't had a keg in it for a while, but still lots of 30 packs. It has been the easiest place for me to keep stocked and to disappear to drink by myself without anyone around. Already feeling the anxiety of not having that source. I have a long road ahead. Hoping to actually get to the point of noticing that money staying in my bank account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDA 455 View Post
There's your biggest hurtle right there.

You've already defeated yourself before you even start getting sober.

NOTHING WILL CHANGE UNTIL YOU CHANGE ARE ATTITUDE.
This is true. I will need to do my best to starting thinking differently. Still very difficult to imagine doing things without beer. Almost feels disappointing.

Last edited by RaginCaucasian; 11-30-2018 at 09:06 AM.
RaginCaucasian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2018, 09:08 AM   #1037 (permalink)

Member # 159257
Quote:
Struggling fairly hard. Already slipped up last night and drank a 6 pack. This weekend will prove to be even more difficult. I had the fridge (kegorator) taken out of my shop by my dad, which I hope will help. It has been the easiest place for me to keep stocked and to disappear to drink by myself without anyone around. Already feeling the anxiety of not having that source. I have a long road ahead. Hoping to actually get to the point of noticing that money staying in my bank account.

This is true. I will need to do my best to starting thinking differently. Still very difficult to imagine doing things without beer. Almost feels disappointing.
Think about this...It isn't normal to think about why you can or can't have a beer right now. If you're thinking about having a beer, then why you're not supposed to, then why you're a grown up and can do what you want it isn't normal.

Oh and I polished off a 6 pack plus a 750ml bottle of 11.6% "beer" last night. Stayed up until 11pm (I usually go to bed at 9) and still feel it.
Old 11-30-2018, 09:39 AM   #1038 (permalink)
CJF

Member # 41971
Quote:
Oh and I polished off a 6 pack plus a 750ml bottle of 11.6% "beer" last night. Stayed up until 11pm (I usually go to bed at 9) and still feel it.
Aw man, I thought you were back on the wagon.

Not judging, I'm currently struggling (i.e., not on the wagon) myself.
CJF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2018, 10:04 AM   #1039 (permalink)

Member # 159257
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJF View Post
Aw man, I thought you were back on the wagon.

Not judging, I'm currently struggling (i.e., not on the wagon) myself.
Yeah I was too...then I had like two beers the other night, then I thought I'd have some for the weekend and went through it all last night and while I'm looking for something ELSE to drink I'm thinking "yeah 11.6% will be fine. It will be the last thing I have."

I think MY problem is the "significance" of the day I "quit" holds no value. It's not a birthday, DUI, divorce, bad drunk moment, or some super special occasion. I need to get some pride in the "distance" (since I'm a runner) I've gone without drinking. Something like "I'm better than you because I haven't drank in an hour/day/week."
Old 11-30-2018, 10:21 AM   #1040 (permalink)
JR
OG13 King

Member # 8524
Quote:
Struggling fairly hard. Already slipped up last night and drank a 6 pack. This weekend will prove to be even more difficult. I had the fridge (kegorator) taken out of my shop by my dad, which I hope will help. Haven't had a keg in it for a while, but still lots of 30 packs. It has been the easiest place for me to keep stocked and to disappear to drink by myself without anyone around. Already feeling the anxiety of not having that source. I have a long road ahead. Hoping to actually get to the point of noticing that money staying in my bank account.

Yeah, it was depressing for me too. So I quit thinking about never drinking again. I don't know if I will be drinking next year, next week or tomorrow.
All I have to do is not drink today or for the next 12 hours until I go to bed.
Takes the pressure off.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
JR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2018, 10:43 AM   #1041 (permalink)

Member # 133684
I was and maybe still drinking about 5 beers a night. I am on day 3 of not having anything. Man my sleep patterns are all kinds of fucked. I used to go to bed by 10 o'clock every night when I had beer and had a great sleep. Last 2 days go to bed and toss and turn till 3 in the morning. Fuck me, if its going to be like this for much longer I will have to buy my beer just to have a decent sleep.
brmpipes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2018, 11:04 AM   #1042 (permalink)

Member # 27710
Quote:
I think MY problem is the "significance" of the day I "quit" holds no value. It's not a birthday, DUI, divorce, bad drunk moment, or some super special occasion.
The day that I last had something to drink wasn't special to me at all. It was a Saturday Night, like a bunch of Saturdays before. It was the next Sunday that sticks in my head. I don't know why or how that day ended up being the day, it wasn't a special day at all, just a Sunday in January. I was out in the garage, like many Sundays before, and I just decided that I wasn't going to empty the fridge of beer and put it into my belly that particular day.

In a few weeks that Sunday will have been three years ago. I wont lie and say its been easy. I have struggled with the thought of it, never drinking again, especially since every family event I go to somebody is drinking beer. My family likes to drink beer, that's the way it has always been. The big difference was most of them could drink a few and have a good time. I always wanted to drink them all and have a good time.

One of my big moments was a few months after stopping. I was in my garage working on my old Bel-Air. I decided to blast it through town about 10 pm for a little test and tune. Full on John Force burnouts and generally raising hell because I didn't care if the cops wanted to talk to me. It dawned me on me that night that I hadn't been out joy riding through town in the dark in over 10 years because I was so scared of getting a DUI.
thecj3man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2018, 11:38 AM   #1043 (permalink)

Member # 169788
I had a long ass reply typed out, but as hard as I tried, I couldn't make the words I typed "sound" like the words I would say to someone in person, so I deleted it.

Ragin- when YOU are ready, you won't need the temptation removed, as YOU will be strong enough to say to yourself, not tonight...

H8DWINGS- the day you do decide to quit, all of a sudden that day will hold value to you and only you.

JR- OMAAT- one moment at a time. You are right, that makes it much easier.

brmpipes- Those first few nights are fawkin hell as you are finding out. If you can stay strong though, you are in for some of the best sleep you will have had in a long time.

thecj3man- congrats on the 3 year mark coming up, well done! I won't lie, I love the fact that I can now get in the truck at anytime and go get something or help someone out without fear of getting pulled over for a DUI.
Old 11-30-2018, 12:41 PM   #1044 (permalink)

Member # 133684
Quote:
I had a long ass reply typed out, but as hard as I tried, I couldn't make the words I typed "sound" like the words I would say to someone in person, so I deleted it.

Ragin- when YOU are ready, you won't need the temptation removed, as YOU will be strong enough to say to yourself, not tonight...

H8DWINGS- the day you do decide to quit, all of a sudden that day will hold value to you and only you.

JR- OMAAT- one moment at a time. You are right, that makes it much easier.

brmpipes- Those first few nights are fawkin hell as you are finding out. If you can stay strong though, you are in for some of the best sleep you will have had in a long time.

thecj3man- congrats on the 3 year mark coming up, well done! I won't lie, I love the fact that I can now get in the truck at anytime and go get something or help someone out without fear of getting pulled over for a DUI.
Thanks for that. I will look forward to being able to sleep again, hopefully soon
brmpipes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2018, 12:57 PM   #1045 (permalink)

Member # 169788
Quote:
Originally Posted by brmpipes View Post
Thanks for that. I will look forward to being able to sleep again, hopefully soon
I don't remember exactly (I don't want to!) but it was at least 3 nights of pure hell for me. Bed fawkin soaked from sweating, maybe a couple of hours of actual sleep each night, long ass next days, etc. Then one night I slept like I haven't slept in a long time, been that way since. Now if I need to, I can easily get by on 4 or 5 hours of sober sleep. Doesn't seem to matter what time I turn the light off, by 5:30am I'm ready to start the day.
Old 12-01-2018, 09:19 PM   #1046 (permalink)

Member # 159257
The sleep comes. Just think of it as detox. Your body hasnt slept without being full of alcohol for so long it’s weird. Almost like sleeping without sheets. Ever slept without a blanket or sheets? Imagine starting tonight and feeling like it is weird in two nights because you’ve had sheets for so long.

I felt like shit the whole day last time I sat on the couch and drank. Muscle sores. Sickness. Tired and exhausted like I’d been crawling under the truck for 12 hours moving grease. It was horrible. Now I’m sitting here knowing tomorrow I’ll ‘make it through’ the day but tomorrow night I’ll be surrounded by beer. The thing I’ll use to get me through is my wife suggesting she should drive home Friday night “because you hadbeer” Friday. I ordered a pint before we ordered meals and finished a second half pint during dinner, and felt like a complete asshole getting in the driver seat knowing my wife didn’t trust me to drive home...but let me. Two beers. Two beers too many for her. Get drunk at home alone while everyone sleeps or just don’t get drunk alone. I think I’d rather have her heryell at me for scraping grease off my truck in the middle of the night in the freezing cold than for too much alcohol turning me into a useless snoring blob. At least the truck is clean, or the dryer doesn’t shake, or the washing machine is empty or Sunday Breakfast became my thing. Who says “man I hate having breakfast made for me on Sunday?”
Old 12-03-2018, 08:14 AM   #1047 (permalink)

Member # 159257
Made it through Sunday. Wife said it had been getting out of control (probablbt the 6 pack of 8% beer, not my behavior, etc.) and just asked me not to drink Sunday. Same thing with "all the family drinks" at dinner and it's never a problem. I got the "you want a beer or are you not drinking again" thing from one person and it wasn't even a big deal. I said "na I'll let (insert wife's name) drink for both of us." It might have helped waking up feeling like a used punching bag to help keep it going. Waking up today feeling ACTUALLY normal is nice. And yeah....My wife would probably rather talk to me about the amount of time I spend in the garage reloading bullets or working on minor things on my truck late at night while everyone sleeps than drinking.
@thecj3man yeah the whole "I don't care if the cops talk to me" comes to mind a lot when I think of the benefit of not drinking. I can do enough stupid stuff sober and not have to answer a question about being drunk.
Old 12-04-2018, 07:01 AM   #1048 (permalink)
Not a Wenzelite

Member # 44480
Quote:
Waking up today feeling ACTUALLY normal is nice.
Getting drunk is stealing happiness from tomorrow.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
MT4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2018, 07:35 AM   #1049 (permalink)

Member # 159257
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT4Runner View Post
Getting drunk is stealing happiness from tomorrow.
Getting drunk is REALLY fun. "Stealing Happiness" sounds kinda odd especially when I'm getting random alerts on my Garmin 235 about Happiness is (can't remember) as if it's a text.
Made it through last night. Wife went to bed early, kid (almost 1) slept like 12.5 hours. I made about a hundred rounds, couldn't figure out how I have 350ish rounds made but used 400 primers, AND fixed my stupid ass Dyna Glo 360 degree heater.
Fucker wouldn't EVER stay started because of the tilt sensor. Pull the wires and touch it and it works. Plug the wires in it doesn't. Figured out it was the cheap ass tilt safety sensor and when the screw used to hold it in place is installed the two piece switch isn't completing the circuit. Add a zip tie to pull the thing together and it's perfect. I felt like a champ/dad who can fix stuff. Previously I used a zip tie around the red button I hold down to light the thing and supply fuel.
Made funny jokes to myself about "they don't make things like they use to because this was obviously not tested before it left the factory" in an OLD man voice.
"If (insert old man fake name for asian factory worker) would have tested the thing before it left the factory I wouldn't have to fix it." Ah old men are funny.
Old 12-04-2018, 08:05 AM   #1050 (permalink)
CJF

Member # 41971
Quote:
"Stealing Happiness" sounds kinda odd.
Absolutely spot on for me. Have to remember: Every single drink is going to cost me the next day, and there's no flat fee: Two is worse than one, three is worse than two, ...
CJF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in