6.0 build tech in Chit Chat..... - Page 95 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2016, 08:37 PM   #2351 (permalink)

Member # 181491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimmstone View Post
Finally got a part number. Need to see what the best price I can get it for is tomorrow. In order to make it cheap enough We may have to buy it through a friend who has the employee discount. I'm working on it though.

Cool, you just let me know what we need to do and I will take care of it.

Thanks very much for you help in all this, you are a good guy!
crispins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2016, 08:13 PM   #2352 (permalink)

Member # 143307
Good news, considering I conned myself into investing in this truck.

I say we get honorable mentions written on the PCM housing, so next time it gets pulled CG can remember who has his back.
Old 04-18-2016, 03:35 PM   #2353 (permalink)

Member # 181491
Just an update.

I think Brimestone is working a lot of hours right now so taking care of this may be down on his list right now. I am sure he will get to it when his schedule allows which is of course totally fine.

I would love to see this up and running as soon as possible.

CG - you talked about having a company send you out a pre-programmed ECM somewhere in this thread. Is that still possible and what is the cost on that? We have just over $400 in the kitty right now.

If anyone else has any ideas on getting this think going for around the money we have throw it out there.
Old 04-18-2016, 03:39 PM   #2354 (permalink)

Member # 85205
Quote:
Originally Posted by crispins View Post
Just an update.

I think Brimestone is working a lot of hours right now so taking care of this may be down on his list right now. I am sure he will get to it when his schedule allows which is of course totally fine.

If anyone else has any ideas on getting this think going for around the money we have throw it out there.
It has only been a couple of days, did Brimstone tell you this or are you ASSuming this ?
Old 04-18-2016, 03:40 PM   #2355 (permalink)

Member # 49232
Send a message via Yahoo to Camarogenius
I'd have to talk it over with @Brimmstone and see what he wants to do. There is a company that can ship one, and save him several hours of driving. It's up to him.
Camarogenius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2016, 03:46 PM   #2356 (permalink)

Member # 181491
Quote:
Originally Posted by F2504x4 View Post
It has only been a couple of days, did Brimstone tell you this or are you ASSuming this ?
Was speaking to someone else on the board who told me thought that Brimestone has been very busy working a lot of hours lately.

That combined with him not getting back to me yet I figured it made sense that he was working a lot. I know when I work a lot I often can't get to things that I want to get to do.

I was just seeing if we can explore other ideas that wouldn't cost Brimestone hours out of his busy week.

I have faith that CG can plug in a new ECM (after disconnected the battery!) so if we can order a pre-programmed one for a reasonable cost then that could be a good idea.

Last edited by crispins; 04-18-2016 at 03:47 PM.
Old 04-18-2016, 03:53 PM   #2357 (permalink)

Member # 6417
Send a message via Yahoo to Dieselmh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarogenius View Post
I'd have to talk it over with @Brimmstone and see what he wants to do. There is a company that can ship one, and save him several hours of driving. It's up to him.
There's a chance that he might be partially submerged right now.
Dieselmh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2016, 03:56 PM   #2358 (permalink)

Member # 181491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselmh View Post
There's a chance that he might be partially submerged right now.
I didn't even think of that.

Been some real serious rain going on in TX. Not sure how it relates to the area he is in.

All I am trying to do is get to the end result and see that bulletproofed 6.0 light up some tires.
Old 04-18-2016, 03:58 PM   #2359 (permalink)

Member # 6417
Send a message via Yahoo to Dieselmh
Quote:

Been some real serious rain going on in TX. Not sure how it relates to the area he is in.

All I am trying to do is get to the end result and see that bulletproofed 6.0 light up some tires.
I don't know specifically where he is, but he's not far South from me. Some spots down there got up to 15" of rain last night and this morning.
Dieselmh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2016, 04:01 PM   #2360 (permalink)

Member # 181491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselmh View Post
I don't know specifically where he is, but he's not far South from me. Some spots down there got up to 15" of rain last night and this morning.
That is insane.

15" in 24 hours would destroy the area I live in (too many mountains to funnel the water) we had a great flood around 1920 and it was around 11" in 24 hours - IIRC
Old 04-18-2016, 04:03 PM   #2361 (permalink)

Member # 85205
Quote:

Just be patient, appreciate you collecting the money and all, but Brimmstone knows exactly what needs to be done should be the one to it stall it just in case another bug shows up after it is hooked up .
Old 04-18-2016, 04:14 PM   #2362 (permalink)

Member # 181491
Quote:
Originally Posted by F2504x4 View Post
Just be patient, appreciate you collecting the money and all, but Brimmstone knows exactly what needs to be done should be the one to it stall it just in case another bug shows up after it is hooked up .
That is fine and makes sense to me.
Old 04-18-2016, 05:28 PM   #2363 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 177990
I'm above water barely. Shop parking lot was under almost 8" of water and we were in seamp boots getting vehicles in the shop. We're getting hammered but not as bad as some near me. Lady I work with got a call that her house 5ft of water in it right now. As to the ECM I'm waiting for calls back from the ecu shop and one of my parts suppliers to see about getting a better one at employee cost. CG I'll call you tonight
Brimmstone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2016, 05:40 PM   #2364 (permalink)

Member # 181491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimmstone View Post
I'm above water barely. Shop parking lot was under almost 8" of water and we were in seamp boots getting vehicles in the shop. We're getting hammered but not as bad as some near me. Lady I work with got a call that her house 5ft of water in it right now. As to the ECM I'm waiting for calls back from the ecu shop and one of my parts suppliers to see about getting a better one at employee cost. CG I'll call you tonight
Sorry to hear about the flooding, that really sucks.

Shoot me a PM when you know anything, that would be great.
Old 04-19-2016, 10:40 AM   #2365 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 16699
Quote:
Was speaking to someone else on the board who told me thought that Brimestone has been very busy working a lot of hours lately.

That combined with him not getting back to me yet I figured it made sense that he was working a lot. I know when I work a lot I often can't get to things that I want to get to do.

I was just seeing if we can explore other ideas that wouldn't cost Brimestone hours out of his busy week.

I have faith that CG can plug in a new ECM (after disconnected the battery!) so if we can order a pre-programmed one for a reasonable cost then that could be a good idea.

Cool your jets there buckwheat, don't try and over think it. It doesn't need you to fix it, we've waited this long we can wait some more.
rockmup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2016, 11:12 AM   #2366 (permalink)

Member # 181491
No problem,
Old 04-21-2016, 09:07 PM   #2367 (permalink)

Member # 102467
Brimmstone, you hanging in there?

Has the water receded any?

Does CG still want to put his knowledge of 6.0's up against yours?

I much prefer the sharpest criticism of a single intelligent man to the thoughtless approval of the masses - Johannes Kepler
LigBoozer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2016, 11:19 AM   #2368 (permalink)

Member # 49232
Send a message via Yahoo to Camarogenius
Okay folks, I'm putting this here first so everything is public. I haven't talked to @Brimmstone in a few days, but I know that he's so swamped that he's shaking hands with himself at the door.

All Bullshit aside, I'm perfectly capable of plugging in a PCM.

I'm thinking about just having @crispins paypal me the funds, I'll get it ordered first thing Monday morning, and get it in.

I will then post up the invoice plus shipping, and a remaining total, and the donors can decide where I send the remainder.

This in NO WAY is meant to impeach or cast aspersions on BRIMMSTONE. He's one hell of a good man, and my friend. He's just busier than a 1 legged man in an ass kicking contest, and I don't feel right about putting more of a load on his back than I already have, especially since it's a 7 hour drive round trip.
I'd rather see him get a day off to sit around the house and spend some time with his wife and Otis.

What say the folks that have donated?
Camarogenius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2016, 11:58 AM   #2369 (permalink)

Member # 17596
Quote:
Okay folks, I'm putting this here first so everything is public. I haven't talked to @Brimmstone in a few days, but I know that he's so swamped that he's shaking hands with himself at the door.

I'm thinking about just having @crispins paypal me the funds, I'll get it ordered first thing Monday morning, and get it in.

I will then post up the invoice plus shipping, and a remaining total, and the donors can decide where I send the remainder.

This in NO WAY is meant to impeach or cast aspersions on BRIMMSTONE. He's one hell of a good man, and my friend. He's just busier than a 1 legged man in an ass kicking contest, and I don't feel right about putting more of a load on his back than I already have, especially since it's a 7 hour drive round trip.
I'd rather see him get a day off to sit around the house and spend some time with his wife and Otis.

I'm only in it $10 but I completely agree. Brimm has went above and beyond. No need to have him drive 7 hours to plug in a few harness plugs.
hpi_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2016, 12:16 PM   #2370 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Quote:

Do what you think is best. If you fry this one, god help you!

Companies helping me get dirty:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

& Blaine

:tank:
Beat95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2016, 12:46 PM   #2371 (permalink)

Member # 102467
Quote:
Experience says otherwise.

I much prefer the sharpest criticism of a single intelligent man to the thoughtless approval of the masses - Johannes Kepler
LigBoozer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2016, 01:08 PM   #2372 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 16699
Only if you swear to disconnect the neg. side of the battery first, no matter how smart you think you are if the smoke gets out you're done.

Send the overage to Brimstone, he's made one trip there already and I have a feeling he'll be back.
rockmup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2016, 01:10 PM   #2373 (permalink)

Member # 74407
Quote:
Originally Posted by LigBoozer View Post
Experience says otherwise.
Well technically he never had a problem plugging it in...he just failed to unhook his batteries when fucking with his guages. Thus letting the magic smoke out of his orig pcm.
Old 04-23-2016, 01:11 PM   #2374 (permalink)

Member # 112738
My $10 doesn't buy much of an opinion, but I'm fine with Brimm sitting this one out. CG can do it easily enough.
zlathim is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2016, 01:11 PM   #2375 (permalink)

Member # 74407
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmup View Post
Only if you swear to disconnect the neg. side of the battery first, no matter how smart you think you are if the smoke gets out you're done.

Send the overage to Brimstone, he's made one trip there already and I have a feeling he'll be back.
Disconnect both sides and take the batteries out and put them 20ft away

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in