Inground Pool Gurus... Lend me your noodles! - Page 8 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2015, 01:30 PM   #176 (permalink)

Member # 110075
Been shopping around for pools also. People that have them say a salt system is the way to go but I have had 2 dealers tell me it's not worth the expense
socsmm6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2015, 12:39 AM   #177 (permalink)
ADD

Member # 22080
Quote:
Originally Posted by socsmm6 View Post
Been shopping around for pools also. People that have them say a salt system is the way to go but I have had 2 dealers tell me it's not worth the expense
For what its worth...90% of all new pools being built are salt pools. My company converted over 100 existing pools last summer over to salt. Even with all the down sides to it, not one switched back or wished they didnt do it
Old 06-15-2015, 12:50 AM   #178 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 22104
I'm going to recommend you friend some folks on FB. Nice folks admnd did this last year. The Bryant's . Watch for tre request
Old 06-15-2015, 12:53 AM   #179 (permalink)
ADD

Member # 22080
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryW View Post
I'm going to recommend you friend some folks on FB. Nice folks admnd did this last year. The Bryant's . Watch for tre request
Was that for the op?
Old 06-16-2015, 05:48 AM   #180 (permalink)

Member # 31362
Send a message via AIM to deke
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD View Post
For what its worth...90% of all new pools being built are salt pools. My company converted over 100 existing pools last summer over to salt. Even with all the down sides to it, not one switched back or wished they didnt do it
What systems are you suggesting for salt?

I see this one has good reviews on amazon... but ya know.. amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Hayward-AQR15-...4455104&sr=8-1

Systems: DE filter, mineral cartridge, heater, jandy variable speed pump

8' deep end, about yay big. Still green cause it was opened yesterday
Old 06-16-2015, 06:45 AM   #181 (permalink)

Member # 70267
A couple random comments. I'm not going to read 8 pages so this might be redundant. Mine is a 30 year old pool retro'd with vinyl liner, 19k gallon, semi rectangular. I don't have a salt water pool but my neighbor does. Hes not a "pool guy" and I am sort of a pool guy. He pays a guy to come take care of his pool. My pool was ready a month before his this summer.
It's really just big toy science kit for me. I used the pool school website to get the basics when I first moved in and now its a piece of cake. I buy Great Value bleach for 2.98 a bottle the occasional bottle of muriatic acid from lowes and the occasional bag of arm and hammer baking soda. I haven't found a need for anything else. Oh yeah, I use the cheap chlorine and ph test kit.
My chesapeake wont stay out of it but she's smart enough to use the steps to get out. My other retard dogs went to rip the liner off the wall first time they got in. They never got in again.
Old 03-31-2016, 03:25 PM   #182 (permalink)

Member # 143131
Did you ever get the pool finished? You sold the rig, what's left to do in the summer?
xj chopper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2016, 01:21 PM   #183 (permalink)

Member # 33801
Quote:
Originally Posted by wats123 $1234567Ab View Post
so you joined just to spam your company - eat a bowl of dicks

Edit - to remove the link so spammer does not get free advertising.

Last edited by Hippie666; 06-23-2016 at 03:36 PM.
Hippie666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2016, 01:45 PM   #184 (permalink)

Member # 111030
Quote:
Originally Posted by xj chopper View Post
Did you ever get the pool finished? You sold the rig, what's left to do in the summer?

Pool build was cancelled.

But hopefully all the info in this thread might help someone else who is thinking of putting one in the ground.
kimbob101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2016, 01:47 PM   #185 (permalink)

Member # 53453
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbob101 View Post

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DirtyComanche is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2016, 01:50 PM   #186 (permalink)

Member # 111030
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyComanche View Post
It's ok. Such is life.

I'll have myself a pool one day. Damn it.
kimbob101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2016, 01:59 PM   #187 (permalink)

Member # 232653
I didn't read the whole thread, or even most of it. There area a couple of things I would do, if I were you.
1. Get some kind of rock structure on it, because it will help the resale of the home if some other person thinks the pool is pretty. I spent a TON of money on my pool, and they all notice the rocks, and how pretty it is. If you put a slide and a diving rock on it, it will blend in well. As a Bonus, your dogs will find a slide a blast, as long as it is not one of those big, ugly fiberglass things.
2. Hire a pool service. They are only a little bit more expensive than doing it yourself,and if your time has value,they are less expensive. Plus it is a write the check once a month sort of thing, rather than I have to go brush that miserable pool that I am beginning to hate sort of thing.
3. Spend the money to find a pool builder that will restore your landscape. It will cost you less in the long run.
Az Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2016, 02:04 PM   #188 (permalink)

Member # 152210
to save money and have things 'be easy as possible'

go rectangle, don't have it deeper than 6', go with a liner, the fiberglass pools are cheap for a reason and one of the reasons is that they are cheap.

Spend on the pump. The 'saltwater pool' (I also wanted this option) was a hassle and I converted to chlorine. the saltwater thing is just the way that the cleaning is produced... the salt is converted by a device and it is a hassle... just either stay on top of the chlorine or get a good pool man.

Solar heat, if you can afford it, get it. You'll like it in the summer. Also, get a nice rectangular pool blanket and remember to put it on... the water will be nice all summer and part of the fall.

The liners are reasonably priced, they last AND they are pretty easy to replace after 10 years. (the cost of the water was not my favorite, but oh well.)

Our pool has an attached hot tub and it does have an 8' deep end.... I spent on a really good capacity heater and did not regret it.

Sold the house a few years ago, but ran into the buyer awhile back and he was appreciative of our approach... he has still not replaced the liner and claims it is 'perfect' after 12 years, but I suspect it is probably bleached and in need of replacement.
Old 06-23-2016, 02:11 PM   #189 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 85264
Send a message via AIM to LeadfootCJ7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbob101 View Post

But hopefully all the info in this thread might help someone else who is thinking of putting one in the ground.
Why?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in