Thoughts on Obama changing mountain names? - Page 3 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2015, 12:29 PM   #51 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 197896
Quote:
Originally Posted by petro812 View Post
Can he do that? Can he just get up one morning and rename a mountain?

I know they've been redefining and obscuring shit for years, it's the cornerstone of propagating the progressive agenda. But, can Our Barrack Obama really do that?
I can't stand him as much as the next guy, and I agree it seems like he is using the Executive Order more than a reasonable amount, but I guess I'm wondering why in the world we needed an Act of Congress to name the thing in the first place?

This actually seems like something that you actually might let the leader of a large country do without the need to have 535 members of Congress and all of their associated staff and the political lobbyists weigh in on the decision and spend time debating the pros and cons of what to name this giant mountain.

I'm sure that now we will have someone decide that they need to sue someone over this, and tie up the court system for years in regards to some violation of an obscure law or for the fact that they are going to lose money because they had just printed up a million dollars worth of Mt. McKinley souvenir trinkets that they can no longer sell because Mt. McKinley no longer exists
giles45shop is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2015, 12:36 PM   #52 (permalink)

Member # 16993
Fuck Ohio anyway. It was them that put this asshole in office with their electoral votes.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:40 PM   #53 (permalink)

Member # 85483
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarScramb View Post
Fuck Ohio anyway. It was them that put this asshole in office with their electoral votes.
The smack heard around the U.S.
Old 08-31-2015, 03:13 PM   #54 (permalink)

Member # 130270
Denali stand for "The great one" or some such thing... So, maybe Obama is hoping in doing this, people will call it Mt.Obama? Lol
Old 08-31-2015, 03:40 PM   #55 (permalink)

Member # 270274
Send a message via Yahoo to The War Wagon
Talking

Turns out he just spelled it wrong.

Old 08-31-2015, 03:45 PM   #56 (permalink)

Member # 53528
Quote:
Originally Posted by The War Wagon View Post
Turns out he just spelled it wrong.

shouldnt mount failure be the tallest?
rockyota83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2015, 03:51 PM   #57 (permalink)

Member # 270274
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyota83 View Post
shouldnt mount failure be the tallest?
It's still growing - racing neck & neck with "Mountain of Debt," in fact.
Old 08-31-2015, 05:44 PM   #58 (permalink)

Member # 86724
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBlake View Post
Why should the mountain be named after some president from Ohio who never visited the state of Alaska and was later assassinated?

The mountain is in Alaska, Alaskans want it to be named Denali, yet people in Ohio have been blocking it for decades. Why the fuck do Ohio people care so much?

Don't they have other shit to worry about like this lady [url=h]
Have the people of Alaska ever asked the people of Ohio to tell our elected representatives to give that shit up?

I've never heard peep one about how Alaska would like to rename a mountain, or that it was our representatives that stopped it.

I don't give a fuck what they call the damned thing, but the fact is that it was an act of congress that named the mother fucker, so it's gonna take an act of congress to un name it.
I don't know what the fuck else to tell you. At some point there was a majority of our representatives that thought it was a nice gesture, probably when there was all of ten fucking people that lived in Alaska.

For the record, I've been, multiple times, and my wife graduated from Sheldon Jackson College.
Here I saved you the trouble
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheldon_Jackson_College
So I know the vibe and I know people that live there and grew up there, and you know what? Not one fucking time did any native Alaskan ever say shit about the fucking mountain to either one of us, and my wife lived there for four fucking years.
Old 08-31-2015, 05:55 PM   #59 (permalink)
3Cs

Member # 45122
Don't know one Ohioian who cares about this, pretty much "Their mountain, let them name it what they want". Couple of politicians blathering about is all I've heard.
Now if Obama wants to schmooze the Buckeyes, he should change those goofy license plates that the Tarheels are sportin'.
3Cs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2015, 06:04 PM   #60 (permalink)

Member # 86724
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Cs View Post
Don't know one Ohioian who cares about this, pretty much "Their mountain, let them name it what they want". Couple of politicians blathering about is all I've heard.
Now if Obama wants to schmooze the Buckeyes, he should change those goofy license plates that the Tarheels are sportin'.
^

exactly.
no one gives a fuck about the mountain, but those plates piss me off.

first in flight my ass, you fuckers down there just had a nice place to test fly.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:52 PM   #61 (permalink)

Member # 117207
Quote:
Originally Posted by giles45shop View Post
I can't stand him as much as the next guy, and I agree it seems like he is using the Executive Order more than a reasonable amount, but I guess I'm wondering why in the world we needed an Act of Congress to name the thing in the first place?
I'm willing to bet it took an act of congress to buy the dammned thing in the first place.

Quote:
This actually seems like something that you actually might let the leader of a large country do without the need to have 535 members of Congress and all of their associated staff and the political lobbyists weigh in on the decision and spend time debating the pros and cons of what to name this giant mountain.
Actually, stupid shit like this is their job. It was supposed to be painful, and they were supposed to avoid it. To let our Dear Leader wander around aimlessly with such power might make him a Klinton. Or, at least a third rate banana republic dictator.

Quote:
I'm sure that now we will have someone decide that they need to sue someone over this, and tie up the court system for years in regards to some violation of an obscure law or for the fact that they are going to lose money because they had just printed up a million dollars worth of Mt. McKinley souvenir trinkets that they can no longer sell because Mt. McKinley no longer exists
That'd involve our third branch of government. They'll bail out parks and recreation by printing more money, that way everyone from Alaska to Ohio can suffer equally.
petro812 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2015, 08:04 AM   #62 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 138976
And then there is this

Quote:
By Jessica Chasmar - The Washington Times - Monday, August 31, 2015

President Obama will trek into the Alaskan wilderness with TV survivalist Bear Grylls to appear on a special episode of “Running Wild,” NBC announced Monday.

“Obama will meet with Grylls while visiting Alaska to observe the effects of climate change on the area,” NBC said in a press release. “The two will then come together in the Alaskan Wilderness. President Obama will become the first U.S. president to receive a crash course in survival techniques from Bear Grylls. The visit will be taped and aired on NBC later this year.”

“Running Wild with Bear Grylls,” now in its second season, follows Mr. Grylls and different celebrities, including Kate Winslet, Ben Stiller and Channing Tatum, as they test their survival skills in harsh environments.
Obama to join Bear Grylls in Alaska episode of NBC's 'Running Wild' - Washington Times
Provience is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2015, 08:37 AM   #63 (permalink)

Member # 85483
Fuck....it just keeps getting worse.

Maybe Obama wants a photo op to send to Vladimir....
Old 09-01-2015, 01:15 PM   #64 (permalink)

Member # 86724
I heard that shit on the radio this morning and just

really? You don't have better shit to do than film reality TV shit?
Old 09-01-2015, 01:18 PM   #65 (permalink)

Member # 9722
Aren't Republicans fans of state's rights? Why do Ohio republicans care so much about the name of a mountain in a different state? Shouldn't they allow Alaska to have the mountain named what they want?

Last edited by TexasBlake; 09-01-2015 at 01:19 PM.
TexasBlake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2015, 01:26 PM   #66 (permalink)

Member # 86582
We can only hope Obama gets eaten by a Grizzly, along with Grylls.
BassnTruck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2015, 01:45 PM   #67 (permalink)

Member # 86724
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBlake View Post
Aren't Republicans fans of state's rights? Why do Ohio republicans care so much about the name of a mountain in a different state? Shouldn't they allow Alaska to have the mountain named what they want?

republicans and democrats haven't been different, or fans of state's rights, since I've been alive.

Old 09-01-2015, 01:59 PM   #68 (permalink)

Member # 270274
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Provience View Post
President Obama will trek into the Alaskan wilderness with TV survivalist Bear Grylls to appear on a special episode of “Running Wild,” NBC announced Monday.

“Obama will meet with Grylls while visiting Alaska to observe the effects of climate change on the area,” NBC said in a press release. “The two will then come together in the Alaskan Wilderness. President Obama will become the first U.S. president to receive a crash course in survival techniques from Bear Grylls. The visit will be taped and aired on NBC later this year.”

“Running Wild with Bear Grylls,” now in its second season, follows Mr. Grylls and different celebrities, including Kate Winslet, Ben Stiller and Channing Tatum, as they test their survival skills in harsh environments.

For the FIRST time in my life, I'm gonna be cheering for...

'da BEARS!!!

Polars & Grizzlies, that is!
Old 09-01-2015, 02:35 PM   #69 (permalink)

Member # 36733
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumping View Post
Fuck....it just keeps getting worse.

Maybe Obama wants a photo op to send to Vladimir....
Meh just go to the top of any hill in AK and wave to Vladimir like Palin said you could do when she was running with McCain...

D.

Last edited by DavidVanVorous; 09-01-2015 at 02:36 PM.
DavidVanVorous is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2015, 04:20 PM   #70 (permalink)

Member # 102467

And also this.

Donald Trump: I'll Change Denali Back to Mount McKinley - ABC News

Quote:
Donald Trump, apparently assuming he will secure the White House, tweeted on Monday evening that he would reverse the decision announced by President Obama to change the name of Alaska's Mount McKinley back to the traditional name Denali, saying it is an affront to the Buckeye State.

"President Obama wants to change the name of Mt. McKinley to Denali after more than 100 years. Great insult to Ohio. I will change back!" read the tweet, issued from the account of the real estate mogul.

The decision by the president to change the name of the mountain named for President William McKinley, who was from Ohio, has divided lawmakers, and not necessarily along party lines.

Speaker John Boehner of Ohio said he was "deeply disappointed" in a statement while GOP Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski offered her praise for the change.

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]I much prefer the sharpest criticism of a single intelligent man to the thoughtless approval of the masses - Johannes Kepler[/COLOR][/SIZE]
LigBoozer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2015, 04:30 PM   #71 (permalink)

Member # 50212
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78bronco460 View Post
He should change the term African-American to something more... Culturally significant.
If he wanted to actually do something meaningful, he should ban the hyphenation of any other nationality with American. You're either American, or you're not.
PRegner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2015, 05:54 PM   #72 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 9152
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRegner View Post
If he wanted to actually do something meaningful, he should ban the hyphenation of any other nationality with American. You're either American, or you're not.
I agree 100%
78bronco460 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2015, 06:20 PM   #73 (permalink)

Member # 53528
Quote:

but thats "racist"
rockyota83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2015, 06:33 PM   #74 (permalink)

Member # 49232
Send a message via Yahoo to Camarogenius
Quote:
If he wanted to actually do something meaningful, he should ban his next breath.
Fixed
Camarogenius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2015, 03:56 PM   #75 (permalink)

Member # 59753

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in