Evac of Moke Hill, spotting a 1/4 mi per hop up Hwy 26 . . . it's gonna eat!!!
Butte, Butte Mountain Rd SE of Jackson, Amador County. Fire is burning in the Mokelumne River drainage. Power line and structure threat with evacuations in progress.
September 9, 2015 at 10:07 PM
Red Cross has two other shelters available. Mokeulmne Hill Elementary school and San Andreas Community Center.
September 9, 2015 at 9:51 PM
Amador County Public Health: Air Quality Alert: Wildfire Smoke Warning
Amador County Public Health advises community members that because of smoke from the Butte Fire air quality may be unsafe. Those with chronic health conditions, young children, pregnant women and elderly adults should especially be aware and take protective measures.
If you smell or see smoke, take these steps to protect your health:
- Minimize outdoor activities.
- Stay indoors with the windows and doors closed.
- Do not run fans that bring smoky air inside (such as swamp coolers or fresh air ventilation systems).
- If you have a wall unit air conditioner, set it to “re-circulate.”
- Do not smoke, fry food or perform other activities that that will create indoor air pollution.
- If you have chronic health conditions, monitor your health closely. Contact your health provider if your symptoms worsen, including repeated coughing and wheezing.
- If you are experiencing a health emergency, call 911.
For additional information on wildfire smoke, please visit: http://www.cdc.gov/features/wildfires/
September 9, 2015 at 9:20 PM
Cosumnes Fire sending two engines as part of regional Sac County Strike Team to the Butte Fire in Amador County.