The Walking Dead Season 6 - Page 37 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2016, 06:48 AM   #901 (permalink)

Member # 22209
Quote:
Originally Posted by TatonkaII View Post
I don't think it's clueless writers as much as they just don't give a damn on a zombie show.
It's every show.

Pick a subject you are knowledgeable about.

Now watch a show, or movie that touches on it.

9 times out of 10,
instead of doing any research at all on the subject matter,

the writers just take whatever the common misconceptions are out to the next level,
so everyone watching is dumber and more misinformed for having watched it.

You can say people don't watch zombie shows to learn how to deal with an apocalypse,
but what was the percent of College aged kids who got their 'news' from the Daily Show?
Like 60% or some shit?
Old 03-24-2016, 07:52 AM   #902 (permalink)

Member # 151399
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviGarrett76 View Post
Anyone find the everlasting supply of car batteries & gasoline entertaining?
You would think people would be down to finding & driving mechanical diesels around by now. Ethanol gas doesnt last for shit

Agree.

Wouldn't take much to stick a couple old diesels in the car line up and a process to grab fuel oil and a line by Eugene explaining why.

Also surprised by how relaxed they are after that attack. Neegans group is obviously bigger and well organized (cars facing out) so why not send out the top people to scope/recon. And what about the lack of due diligence on Jesus and his group? They had a DTA line of thinking before so why stop now?
donb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2016, 07:56 AM   #903 (permalink)

Member # 151399
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM View Post
Besides, forcing them to ride bicycles around all day is gonna be a real storyline killer, lol.

I am very surprised they don't implement bicycles in the show. Pedal bikes are quiet, fast and nimble with a good rider on a decent bike. Not to mention simple to maintain.

They could cut trails in the woods for hidden travel as well.
donb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2016, 08:45 AM   #904 (permalink)

Member # 52710
Two years isn't unrealistic for batteries and gas. I've got a farm jeep that sat for that long, and still ran fine. 4-5 years...yeah, all batteries and gas will be bad for sure.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jpmassey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2016, 09:28 AM   #905 (permalink)

Member # 70825
The whole truck full of food they lost bugs me. When you find a score like that you go immediately back to the base. Oh and lets just leave the other car and come back for it even though there are two of us.

And I would have believed that anybody but Darrel wouldn't have known how to drive a stick.
Old 03-24-2016, 09:34 AM   #906 (permalink)

Member # 1760
La la la la la la la la la ....Waiting on Netflix.
BossBuilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2016, 09:37 AM   #907 (permalink)

Member # 85483
I just wish Darrel would wash that nasty hair....
Old 03-24-2016, 10:30 AM   #908 (permalink)

Member # 230312
Quote:
Originally Posted by void_of_light View Post
The whole truck full of food they lost bugs me. When you find a score like that you go immediately back to the base. Oh and lets just leave the other car and come back for it even though there are two of us.:shakie
Yea that was stupid, they should have hauled ass back home.

Also if groups from Alexandria have going out searching for survivers to bring in, they would have known about neegans bunch.
RokToy829 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2016, 12:44 PM   #909 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 386
Send a message via ICQ to MattS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviGarrett76 View Post
Anyone find the everlasting supply of car batteries & gasoline entertaining?
You would think people would be down to finding & driving mechanical diesels around by now. Ethanol gas doesnt last for shit
While you are right that Ethanol is horrible after even a year in the tank of a car I started a car that sat for 6 years and it actually ran on the fuel in the tank. It's been another 3 and I'm going to give it another go this summer.
MattS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2016, 08:50 PM   #910 (permalink)
Addicted to Gear Oil

Member # 56050
Hello, I am Negan

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...7642?cid=bitly
Originally Posted by General Dwight D. Eisenhower
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best deal on 8 lug disc brakes click here-->

Last edited by guidolyons; 03-28-2016 at 07:11 PM.
guidolyons is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2016, 09:04 PM   #911 (permalink)

Member # 19857
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattS View Post
While you are right that Ethanol is horrible after even a year in the tank of a car I started a car that sat for 6 years and it actually ran on the fuel in the tank. It's been another 3 and I'm going to give it another go this summer.
Troof. We have 10% and I fired up the MOHO today on a 3 year old tank of gas, it ran just fine.
Lawless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2016, 07:10 PM   #912 (permalink)
EMT

Member # 69553
This other group is making them look like the jv team,always sneaking up and capturing them.
EMT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2016, 07:11 PM   #913 (permalink)

Member # 108445
Fawk, I had to leave the room when Rick said "be prepared for anything" as he leaves. I also caught Carol getting shot at.

Does this show get any more stupid?
rocket flier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2016, 11:07 PM   #914 (permalink)

Member # 91399
how do these guys who seem to go out and sneak up on people all the time, get stuck up on by dwight and his guys more than once? why did everyone split up this episode. they went retarded. and now daryl is gonna die.
Jackel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2016, 11:18 PM   #915 (permalink)

Member # 108445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackel View Post
how do these guys who seem to go out and sneak up on people all the time, get stuck up on by dwight and his guys more than once? why did everyone split up this episode. they went retarded. and now daryl is gonna die.
I think it's a bunch of woman writers.

Hey, let's walk across an open field yelling at each other while stalking armed humans.

Hopefully, they're all killed.

But no, some will be kept for the meet up with Neeeegan, during the 90 minute (85 minutes of commercials) next week.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:05 AM   #916 (permalink)

Member # 12454
Send a message via AIM to TatonkaII
Yep- I was disappointed as well. Pretty odd how they are constantly being followed or are two steps behind. I do, however, look forward to someone's head getting smashed by a bat.

Where is Jesus? Is he back at the Hills compound?
Old 03-28-2016, 06:46 AM   #917 (permalink)

Member # 157355
This thread would be better with out all the damn whiners.

Things certainly took an interesting turn with Daryl eating a bullet. I am very curious as to how big Neagans group really is. I never read a comic. Any black text on the size it is supposed to be?
Old 03-28-2016, 06:58 AM   #918 (permalink)
ANGER IS A GIFT

Member # 23680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeman View Post

Things certainly took an interesting turn with Daryl eating a bullet. I am very curious as to how big Neagans group really is. I never read a comic. Any black text on the size it is supposed to be?
You'll have to log out of Pirate before you find a thread without whiners.

But damn. The same shit over and over again is very taxing. It's like the honest trailers guy said.... you only watch it because you've invested so much into it.

|
Dookey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2016, 08:20 AM   #919 (permalink)

Member # 102467
Anyone else picking up on the parallel between the Governor and Rick? Both being in charge, both thinking they have a handle on their situation, both building their own town?

His little talk with Michone while they were in bed sounded exactly like something the Governor would have said.

Our an I putting too much thought into it?

I much prefer the sharpest criticism of a single intelligent man to the thoughtless approval of the masses - Johannes Kepler

Last edited by LigBoozer; 03-28-2016 at 08:21 AM.
LigBoozer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2016, 11:21 AM   #920 (permalink)

Member # 193415
Quote:
Originally Posted by LigBoozer View Post
Anyone else picking up on the parallel between the Governor and Rick? Both being in charge, both thinking they have a handle on their situation, both building their own town?

His little talk with Michone while they were in bed sounded exactly like something the Governor would have said.

I'm pretty sure that's the point at the stage of the show. We're slowly flipping the roles around. What once was a very unorganized, unprofitable group, now has become the Governors group. A compound highly fortified, supplies to take care of the people. The ability to provide medical and luxury.

Rick now has everything he needs to be profitable and self sufficient. He cant lose Carol because she is his "enforcer". Her problem is she continues to count how many people she has killed after being brainwashed into believing that good still exists in everyone, but forgets that supplies are low and will at some point will be gone. No matter how hard she tries to put faith in everyone, she is going to have to kill practically everyone she crosses paths with here on out. Religion is becoming a crutch for her and that will ultimately get her killed. Rick cant afford to lose any of these key players because he will lose his muscle. In a new civilization that is death or survival, if he doesn't put fear in these peoples hearts, they will try to overrun him, and he cant let that happen or it puts him and his kids in harms way. He has to show he is and has been in control, or it's over for Alexandria.
JKhauler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2016, 01:20 PM   #921 (permalink)

Member # 19500
I just want to know what kind of gun Carol was supposed to have had up her sleeve.
OverThrottle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2016, 01:27 PM   #922 (permalink)

Member # 166763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeman View Post

Some black text:
-roughly 70, total. here's link to all of the comic book stuff regarding the saviors:
The Saviors (Comic Series) - Walking Dead Wiki - Wikia
SurfnSnow is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2016, 01:39 PM   #923 (permalink)

Member # 32263
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverThrottle View Post
I just want to know what kind of gun Carol was supposed to have had up her sleeve.

Really, sounded like a mini gun when it ran out of ammo
richdoc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2016, 06:16 PM   #924 (permalink)

Member # 108445
Quote:

Shit, last night I heard "is michonne eating the apple supposed to relate to Adam and Eve and the forbidden fruit" and my first thought was "yeah, every freakn' scene has to have some deep meaning significance instead of just a zombie bashing good time and we're supposed to figure out what it is".

Rather than good story it's the "here's a bit, we need to work up to it". Or "say, Carol hasn't had a mid-life, it's her turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by richdoc View Post
Really, sounded like a mini gun when it ran out of ammo
I was confused by the repetitive clicking after the dillon noise, like her pulling a revolver trigger.

Last edited by rocket flier; 03-28-2016 at 06:18 PM.
Old 03-28-2016, 07:02 PM   #925 (permalink)
Addicted to Gear Oil

Member # 56050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackel View Post
Nah, Dwight said, you'll be OK

Agreed, I thought that Daryl and Rosita were going to save Glenn and Michone dumbasses.

Alexandria made him soft. Daryl's old possum eating self would no problem sneaking up on those assholes. He would shot Dwight through the throat with a crossbow bolt and killed the rest with his Buck knife.

Don't bunch up, maintain your interval, and watch your six.

Agreed, Rick's group is being very careless. If I knew there was another hostile group nearby, I think I'd have better scouts and patrols going out to try and get intel/early warning.

Negan/Survivors are definitely watching Alexandria. Glenn was right, they (Survivors) know more about us (Alexandria) than we do about them.

Quote:

Like I said before, Rick's speech before they attacked the radio station outpost, he sounded a lot like the Governor before Woodbury attacked the prison. Rick is not really a "good guy" he just our guy.

Rick is not really a "good guy" his last battle speach sure sounded a lot like the Governor before Woodbury peeps attacked the prison.

From other group's perpective Rick's group would be "bad guys" but we like them because they are "our group".

If you look at the history, very few groups survive contact with Rick's group. Hershal's Farm. Prison. Terminous. Hospital. Alexandria....
Originally Posted by General Dwight D. Eisenhower
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.

For the best deal on 8 lug disc brakes click here-->

Last edited by guidolyons; 03-28-2016 at 07:14 PM.
guidolyons is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in