Forget gay soup ads, they're taking the nudity out of Playboy - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2015, 06:29 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member # 36317
Location: Joppa MD
Posts: 10,290
Send a message via AIM to Numidian
I think they already make this magazine(ultra liberal, no nudity)...it's called Rolling Stone....
__________________
[CENTER]Brennan
[I]Nemo me impune lacessit [/I][/CENTER]
Numidian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2015, 06:31 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Johann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Member # 4251
Location: NC USA
Posts: 8,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasFury View Post
The dude who came up with this, of all ideas to increase sales of a dying medium, is a moron.


Want to sell more magazines? Pay more for the famous women. Donate to their charities. Promote sexual health and freedom, specifically amongst women.


...and show buttholes.
Looking back you have to appreciate the creativity they used in not showing them. I mean they. are. right .there in the middle of everything! With all the shaved business these days it is impossible NOT to see them.
__________________
Need reloading dies, brass and such for .351 WSL- PM me with what you have.
Johann is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2015, 07:28 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered User
 
paragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member # 40266
Location: Jackson, MS USA
Posts: 24,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_W View Post
goddamm kids these days, they have no clue the struggle it took just to see a naked woman when you were 12 years old
this
__________________
[COLOR="Black"].

...
[/COLOR]
[CENTER][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="4"]"For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo"[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
paragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2015, 07:34 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Member # 4387
Location: In your head
Posts: 12,180
Norm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2015, 07:47 AM   #30 (permalink)
Unregistered User
 
Motorcharge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Member # 224886
Location: Virginia
Posts: 8,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasFury View Post
The dude who came up with this, of all ideas to increase sales of a dying medium, is a moron.
Heff approved it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasFury View Post
...and show buttholes.
THIS.

I'd pay good fucking money to see Natalie Dormer spread her butthole.

Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2015, 09:01 AM   #31 (permalink)
Change is good.
 
Roc Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Member # 20631
Location: Desert Hills, AZ
Posts: 35,135
In earlier news, there's a NEW Coke...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard Dog
Me and my co driver were running across the Lakebed on our way to pre run when we saw :gary: walking his dog.

We didn't stop to say hi cause he's a fucking douchebag.
Roc Doc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2015, 09:03 AM   #32 (permalink)
Gravity Works!
 
Landslide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Member # 25608
Location: One foot in the grave
Posts: 30,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasFury View Post
The dude who came up with this, of all ideas to increase sales of a dying medium, is a moron.


Want to sell more magazines? Pay more for the famous women. Donate to their charities. Promote sexual health and freedom, specifically amongst women.


...and show buttholes.
It's actually a woman who's running it now so...
__________________
Peg Leg Fab Lab
Landslide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2015, 09:07 AM   #33 (permalink)
Gravity Works!
 
Landslide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Member # 25608
Location: One foot in the grave
Posts: 30,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoCJ View Post
Hustler is gutter trash at best.
On queue to spread more negativity I see. Try adding something like - "this mag XXX is more better then Hustler because of"
__________________
Peg Leg Fab Lab
Landslide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2015, 09:13 AM   #34 (permalink)
Team 261 - VP
 
atvobsession's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member # 31923
Location: Auburn, CA
Posts: 4,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_W View Post
goddamm kids these days, they have no clue the struggle it took just to see a naked woman when you were 12 years old
LMAO....how true. Now it's CLICK...ooh look..fisting.
__________________
Regards,
Ken Hower - KOH #1962 Close Enough Racing/KOH #4899 Legends
Rubicon Trail Foundation - Director 2011-Present

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for being the primary sponsor for the 2016 Cantina For The Con!
atvobsession is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2015, 10:11 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Member # 89235
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 314
Send a message via AIM to kschaper Send a message via Yahoo to kschaper
Now we will see how many actually do buy it for the articles.
kschaper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2015, 10:51 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Member # 50525
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 2,615
The problem is, it still has it image to overcome, which is what it has worked so hard to brand. Take the nudes out and you aren't going to suddenly see it on your pastor's coffee table or start buying it for your 11 year old son.

I do see the sales appeal by being able to have it in the grocery store check out line, etc, and being back in the public view, but I also see it alienating their subscribers and hurting them.

Playboy isn't meant to be "hardcore porn" any more and doesn't directly compete with the Internet. A wise move may be doing the PG-13 photos in the standard version, and then adding an "extended scenes" centerfold booklet with the subscription.

Last edited by gatorgrizz27; 10-13-2015 at 10:52 AM.
gatorgrizz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2015, 11:23 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Member # 1956
Posts: 5,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_W View Post
WTF? So Playboy is basically going to try and be another Maxim


http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/13/bu...imes&smtyp=cur
THAT IS SO WRONG!!!

I knew we were in for fag liberal takeover in the early 90s when we were FORCED to take down nude girl posters at work!
__________________
Jerry Brown: If Trump is elected, we'll build a wall around California! MAGA!
Shadow man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2015, 11:30 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Member # 88383
Location: wheaton IL
Posts: 15,011
does anyone on here subscribe to playboy or any other nudie magazine? i cant see anyone besides a 80 year old who doesnt know how to use the internet.

heard a guy on the radio saying that most playboys are sent out for free so playboy can tell the people advertising in them that they are sending out millions a month so they can get paid more for a spot. dont know if its true but i havent seen anyone with a playboy in forever. then again most people are reading them in the public
__________________
Quote:
Since you perverts have a billion porn videos posted in the TP, I've disabled the function in the TP. It works everywhere else.
abig84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2015, 07:01 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Member # 189302
Location: Backwoods of PA
Posts: 1,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_W View Post
goddamm kids these days, they have no clue the struggle it took just to see a naked woman when you were 12 years old
Truth!

I remember one time as a kid we all found a VHS sleeve of some cheesy porn film laying alongside the road (you know, when kids USED to ride bikes everywhere). None of us would touch it, but we sure gawked at the images on the back.

Times have changed. And it's little things like this, although juvenile, that make me feel sorry for my kids. They won't have these dumbass stories to tell. Haha!
FleshEater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2015, 07:04 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Member # 189302
Location: Backwoods of PA
Posts: 1,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by abig84 View Post
does anyone on here subscribe to playboy or any other nudie magazine? i cant see anyone besides a 80 year old who doesnt know how to use the internet.

heard a guy on the radio saying that most playboys are sent out for free so playboy can tell the people advertising in them that they are sending out millions a month so they can get paid more for a spot. dont know if its true but i havent seen anyone with a playboy in forever. then again most people are reading them in the public
I own two Playboy mags. Each has a short story written by Chuck Palahniuk. Haha!

Coincidentally...he's gay. Probably finds Playboy icky, but they pay writers well.

The internet is just so much more resourceful...
FleshEater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2015, 07:09 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Member # 3935
Location: *******************EAT ME
Posts: 35,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow man View Post
THAT IS SO WRONG!!!

I knew we were in for fag liberal takeover in the early 90s when we were FORCED to take down nude girl posters at work!
In your employers defense, it was a preschool/daycare center.
southernfriedcj8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2015, 08:08 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered User
 
another Lance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Member # 26077
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 4,420
Send a message via AIM to another Lance
I have a bunch of 70s era playboys. Wonder if they will be worth anything in a few years
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F. Kennedy
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.
another Lance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2015, 09:22 PM   #43 (permalink)
Change is good.
 
Roc Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Member # 20631
Location: Desert Hills, AZ
Posts: 35,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by another Lance View Post
I have a bunch of 70s era playboys. Wonder if they will be worth anything in a few years
A guy I worked with inherited a complete collection from the beginning to the 80's, and he thought he struck it rich. Turns out that Playboy reprints and ebay have killed the market.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard Dog
Me and my co driver were running across the Lakebed on our way to pre run when we saw :gary: walking his dog.

We didn't stop to say hi cause he's a fucking douchebag.
Roc Doc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2015, 10:09 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Member # 125480
Location: UTAH
Posts: 9,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerchief View Post
We used to read it for the articles, apparently.

Bob Guccione was way ahead of his time.


No shit. I used to crawl up to the shelf as a 10 year old in my dad's closet to get the good stuff when he was at work and Mom was out running errands. Old late 70's and early 80's PENTHOUSE. The real shit. He had a couple of Hustler's in there too (2 to be exact ) and a few Playboys but the Penthouse magazines were the shit. Nothing like a beautiful woman with a big hairy muff to hide all of the fleshy bits. Penthouse back then was tamer than what Playboy has been in the past 10 years. Even Playboy shows some lips now and then.

WTF is the point in buying a Playboy without nudity? Has Hugh finally lost it?

Playboy just cant keep up with porn anymore. Period. They were a late comer even in the late 70's when with the likes of Penthouses Bob Guccione and Hustler's Flynt went on the edge and showed female genitalia (pussy lips) They tried to keep to bush only and then bush was not in fashion anymore. So they showed SOME groin shots and they still could not keep up. The articles are not that great and if you're going to spend $10+ dollars on a porno mag, it better show some flesh.

They can't keep up so they are trying something different (but not really too much different from what they have been doing). They are just making it known that they finally lost the porn war now. Life moves on and Playboy finally gets recognized for dying 10 years ago. Meh.

Last edited by 909wheeler; 10-14-2015 at 11:07 PM.
909wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2015, 11:13 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Cabin Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Member # 8220
Location: Peoria, Az
Posts: 7,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_W View Post
goddamm kids these days, they have no clue the struggle it took just to see a naked woman when you were 12 years old
I'm pretty sure my first whack was to some coke bottle aborigine titties.
Thanks National Geographic.
__________________
steadysight.com
Cabin Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2015, 11:19 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered User
 
trampas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Member # 5433
Location: San Mexico, Ca.
Posts: 66,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabin Boy View Post
I'm pretty sure my first whack was to some coke bottle aborigine titties.
Thanks National Geographic.

I seem to recall gluing a JC Penney catalog shut.
__________________
What are we supposed to do with nature, just stare at it? Is it like porn with leaves?
:Philipoff2:
trampas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2015, 11:28 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Cabin Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Member # 8220
Location: Peoria, Az
Posts: 7,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by trampas View Post
I seem to recall gluing a JC Penney catalog shut.
Ladies in bras and panties.
__________________
steadysight.com
Cabin Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2015, 11:31 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered User
 
trampas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Member # 5433
Location: San Mexico, Ca.
Posts: 66,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabin Boy View Post
Ladies in bras and panties.

With pubic bulges from the hair and brassieres that had pre-formed nipples in them.
__________________
What are we supposed to do with nature, just stare at it? Is it like porn with leaves?
:Philipoff2:
trampas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2015, 11:35 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Cabin Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Member # 8220
Location: Peoria, Az
Posts: 7,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by trampas View Post
With pubic bulges from the hair and brassieres that had pre-formed nipples in them.
Exactly
__________________
steadysight.com
Cabin Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2015, 01:09 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Member # 124967
Posts: 12,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by 909wheeler View Post
No shit. I used to crawl up to the shelf as a 10 year old in my dad's closet to get the good stuff when he was at work and Mom was out running errands. Old late 70's and early 80's PENTHOUSE. The real shit. He had a couple of Hustler's in there too (2 to be exact ) and a few Playboys but the Penthouse magazines were the shit. Nothing like a beautiful woman with a big hairy muff to hide all of the fleshy bits. Penthouse back then was tamer than what Playboy has been in the past 10 years. Even Playboy shows some lips now and then.

WTF is the point in buying a Playboy without nudity? Has Hugh finally lost it?

Playboy just cant keep up with porn anymore. Period. They were a late comer even in the late 70's when with the likes of Penthouses Bob Guccione and Hustler's Flynt went on the edge and showed female genitalia (pussy lips) They tried to keep to bush only and then bush was not in fashion anymore. So they showed SOME groin shots and they still could not keep up. The articles are not that great and if you're going to spend $10+ dollars on a porno mag, it better show some flesh.

They can't keep up so they are trying something different (but not really too much different from what they have been doing). They are just making it known that they finally lost the porn war now. Life moves on and Playboy finally gets recognized for dying 10 years ago. Meh.
I take it you never read Omni. Screwzer sure did. Straight out of the Well (tm).
Tigerchief is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.