Ohio Just Says NO! - Page 6 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2015, 06:21 AM   #126 (permalink)

Member # 40417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat McRotch View Post
Wow, you really are an idiot!
You say this like it is some sort of revelation

Pretty much established fact at this point.,... Kinda like saying "the sky is blue", "ice is cold!", "fire is hot!/hurty!"
Old 11-05-2015, 06:42 AM   #127 (permalink)

Member # 40417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narrock View Post

It's WORSE than alcohol, .
NO, NO it's not.

-Lot's of people drink, then get behind the wheel and kill themselves/others. Doesn't happen with pot.
-Alcohol burns your liver, other organs. Pot does not.
-Alcohol has 0 medical uses. Pot has MANY (Cancer, seizures, ptsd, replacement for opiate painkillers, and MANY MORE...)
-Alcohol is physically addictive. pot is NOT.

I feel sorry for people as stupid/close minded as yourself. You end up missing out on 1/2 of life because of your unfounded/misdirected fears... : /
Old 11-05-2015, 06:54 AM   #128 (permalink)

Member # 53528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
We need the gubmint to regulate dem prices.
we need the gubmint to dissolve
rockyota83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2015, 06:59 AM   #129 (permalink)

Member # 27390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow man View Post
From what I'm hearing the Dope is so overpriced in Commierado, people are going back to dirt weed.
If you so smart, do you really think the Cartels will just suddenly dry up and go away even if weed was legal nationwide?
I'll answer.
NO!
If anything, the legalization of MJ nationwide will backfire.
The reason is, even with cheap, homegrown, available weed, if the Cartels suddenly found it to be no longer economically viable to smuggle weed, they WILL then shift ALL of their resources and logistics to getting much harder junk across.
Don't even give me the drug lie it won't happen. It has happened once already and it will again with the national legalization of weed.

Think I'm full of shit?

Well, I will HAPPILY bet every drug users life on it since you are the ones that believe otherwise!
i havent' seen dirt weed since the late 90's. The cost of some nug back then was anywhere between $100 a 1/4 to $150 a 1/4

now it's $40 a 1/4. Colorado has collected $150 million in tax revenue just last year.. (numbers might be a little off)
supernatural is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2015, 07:02 AM   #130 (permalink)

Member # 67823
I smoked a ton of weed, and did a whole wack of other stuff in my foolish youth. I, and everyone I know, drank alcohol before smoking weed. I wouldn't blame alcohol or marijuana for my drug use. I would blame me. No one ever forced drugs on me.
I know quite a few people who have quit meth or heroin, and still smoke weed.

Landslide, if you are honestly not addicted to the narcos they have you on, good on you. Don't relax and assume cause you aren't now, you forever won't be. They have a way of sneaking in and taking over.

As far as the DUI marijuana situation goes, there is a need for an effective roadside test. There are a number of companies working on marketing a saliva swab test, and I'm sure even more people working on ways to beat it. Then you have the same problems as hardcore alcoholics, people who cannot function without alcohol. While marijuana doesn't have the same physically addictive properties as alcohol, denying the mental addiction and dependency is foolish. I have a good friend who is an absolute prick to deal with if he's not baked. He stresses out, can't concentrate, and is generally an asshole. I would far rather see him driving around baked than not. One can figure though that people like that will not be exhibiting the same signs as some 16 year old that just smoked a blunt on lunch break, and won't garner the same attention from the police.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:07 AM   #131 (permalink)

Member # 53528
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernatural View Post
i havent' seen dirt weed since the late 90's. The cost of some nug back then was anywhere between $100 a 1/4 to $150 a 1/4

now it's $40 a 1/4. Colorado has collected $150 million in tax revenue just last year.. (numbers might be a little off)
you were getting ripped off in the late 90s in the late 90s around here you could get an oz of dirt weed for 100$ on the high side and 50$ on the low
Old 11-05-2015, 07:13 AM   #132 (permalink)

Member # 27390
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyota83 View Post
you were getting ripped off in the late 90s in the late 90s around here you could get an oz of dirt weed for 100$ on the high side and 50$ on the low
i was talking about kind bud If you want to get into it, i was paying $18.75 per oz for brick.

The $150 a 1/4 was from a guy that got 3rd place cannabis cup in amsterdam in 1996,
Old 11-05-2015, 07:18 AM   #133 (permalink)

Member # 53528
Quote:
i was talking about kind bud If you want to get into it, i was paying $18.75 per oz for brick.

The $150 a 1/4 was from a guy that got 3rd place cannabis cup in amsterdam in 1996,
you started your post off about dirt weed i assumed thats what you were referring to with your pricing
Old 11-05-2015, 07:34 AM   #134 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 5859
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlexyTJ View Post
NO, NO it's not.

-Lot's of people drink, then get behind the wheel and kill themselves/others. Doesn't happen with pot.
-Alcohol burns your liver, other organs. Pot does not.
-Alcohol has 0 medical uses. Pot has MANY (Cancer, seizures, ptsd, replacement for opiate painkillers, and MANY MORE...)
-Alcohol is physically addictive. pot is NOT.
7 Health Benefits Of Drinking Alcohol

Quote:
1. It Can Lower Your Risk Of Cardiovascular Disease

The School of Public Health at Harvard University found that "moderate amounts of alcohol raises levels of high-density lipoprotein, HDL, or 'good' cholesterol and higher HDL levels are associated with greater protection against heart disease. Moderate alcohol consumption has also been linked with beneficial changes ranging from better sensitivity to insulin to improvements in factors that influence blood clotting....Such changes would tend to prevent the formation of small blood clots that can block arteries in the heart, neck, and brain, the ultimate cause of many heart attacks and the most common kind of stroke." This finding is applicable to both men and women who have not been previously diagnosed with any type of cardiovascular disease.

2. It Can Lengthen Your Life

Drinking occasionally could add a few years to your life. A study by the Catholic University of Campobasso reported that drinking less than four or two drinks per day for men and women respectively could reduce the risk of death by 18 percent, as reported by Reuters. "Little amounts, preferably during meals, this appears to be the right way (to drink alcohol)," said Dr. Giovanni de Gaetano of Catholic University, another author on the study. "This is another feature of the Mediterranean diet, where alcohol, wine above all, is the ideal partner of a dinner or lunch, but that's all: the rest of the day must be absolutely alcohol-free."

3. It Can Improve Your Libido

Contrary to prior beliefs, newer research has found that moderate drinking might actually protect against erectile dysfunction in the same way that drinking red wine might benefit heart disease. In a 2009 study published in the, Journal of Sexual Medicine, researchers found that the chances of erectile dysfunction were reduced by 25 to 30 percent among alcohol drinkers. The lead researcher, Kew-Kim Chew, an epidemiologist at the University of West Australia, conducted the study with 1,770 Australian men. In his study, Chew cautiously noted that he and his team in no way are advising men to hit the bottle, and that further research is needed to accurately connect impotence and alcohol consumption.

4. It Helps Prevent Against the Common Cold

The Department of Psychology at Carnegie Mellon University found that while susceptibility to the common cold was increased by smoking, moderate alcohol consumption led to a decrease in common cold cases for nonsmokers. This study was conducted in 1993 with 391 adults. In 2002, according to the New York Times, Spanish researchers found that by drinking eight to 14 glasses of wine per week, particularly red wine, one could see a 60-percent reduction in the risk of developing a cold. The scientists suspected that this had something to do with the antioxidant properties of wine.

5. It Can Decrease Chances Of Developing Dementia

In a study that included more than 365,000 participants since 1977, as reported in the journal Neuropsychiatric Disease and Treatment, moderate drinkers were 23 percent less likely to develop cognitive impairment or Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia. "Small amounts of alcohol might, in effect, make brain cells more fit. Alcohol in moderate amounts stresses cells and thus toughens them up to cope with major stresses down the road that could cause dementia," said Edward J. Neafsey, Ph.D., co-author of the study, as reported by Science Daily. "We don't recommend that nondrinkers start drinking," Neafsey said. "But moderate drinking if it is truly moderate can be beneficial."

6. It Can Reduce The Risk Of Gallstones

Drinking two units of alcohol per day can reduce the risk of gallstones by one-third, according to researchers at the University of East Anglia. The study found that those who reported consuming two UK units of alcohol per day had a one-third reduction in their risk of developing gallstones. "Researchers emphasized that their findings show the benefits of moderate alcohol intake but stress that excessive alcohol intake can cause health problems," according to the study.

7. Lowers The Chance Of Diabetes

Results of a Dutch study showed that healthy adults who drink one to two glasses per day have a decreased chance of developing type 2 diabetes, in comparison to those who don't drink at all. "The results of the investigation show that moderate alcohol consumption can play a part in a healthy lifestyle to help reduce the risk of developing diabetes type 2," researchers said in a statement to Reuters.
It's also the standard treatment for methanol poisoning.

Standardized Treatment of Severe Methanol Poisoning With Ethanol and Hemodialysis

Quote:
Seven patients with methanol poisoning were treated with ethanol, hemodialysis and supportive measures. The interval between ingestion and initiation of ethanol therapy varied from 3 to 67 hours and from ingestion to dialysis from 9 to 93 hours. All patients survived, but one had permanent visual impairment. A 10% ethanol solution administered intravenously is a safe and effective antidote for severe methanol poisoning. Ethanol therapy is recommended when plasma methanol concentrations are higher than 20 mg per dl, when ingested doses are greater than 30 ml and when there is evidence of acidosis or visual abnormalities in cases of suspected methanol poisoning.

- The lush life-giving land, our personal responsibility.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Darlington County Chapter
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2015, 07:35 AM   #135 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 5859
Quote:
we need the gubmint to dissolve
But where will we get teh gubmint cheese?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:35 AM   #136 (permalink)

Member # 27390
Quote:
you started your post off about dirt weed i assumed thats what you were referring to with your pricing
my bad
Old 11-05-2015, 07:38 AM   #137 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 91791
Send a message via AIM to g-wizz
Quote:

haha that 300p was that for a brick? or nuggs? cause ive seen mexi nugs and in cali they went for the same price but they were nugs and had the "look". the dirt shit is like 75-100P which then gets marked up to 45/8th cause of drug laws in places with no med cards or med marijuana .

g-wizz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2015, 07:39 AM   #138 (permalink)

Member # 40417
@Haole ^LOL
tldr
You can find *facts* to support anything I guess....

Last edited by FlexyTJ; 11-05-2015 at 07:39 AM.
FlexyTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2015, 07:39 AM   #139 (permalink)
No

Member # 106663
Somebody should video stoners vs. drunks playing a driving video game. Or navigating an obstacle course in a parking lot while piloting a car or truck.

Last edited by Filthy McChevy; 11-05-2015 at 07:40 AM.
Filthy McChevy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2015, 07:41 AM   #140 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 5859
Quote:
@Haole ^LOL
tldr
You can find *facts* to support anything I guess....
Read the last part.

A very specific medical use for alcohol.

Standardized Treatment of Severe Methanol Poisoning With Ethanol and Hemodialysis

Quote:
Seven patients with methanol poisoning were treated with ethanol, hemodialysis and supportive measures. The interval between ingestion and initiation of ethanol therapy varied from 3 to 67 hours and from ingestion to dialysis from 9 to 93 hours. All patients survived, but one had permanent visual impairment. A 10% ethanol solution administered intravenously is a safe and effective antidote for severe methanol poisoning. Ethanol therapy is recommended when plasma methanol concentrations are higher than 20 mg per dl, when ingested doses are greater than 30 ml and when there is evidence of acidosis or visual abnormalities in cases of suspected methanol poisoning.

Old 11-05-2015, 07:41 AM   #141 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 91791
#1 benefit of smoking weed..

not being this guy VVVV

who cares about how long you live, just so long as your not like this dude.

Quote:
. what the fuck is this a comp between the two? alcohol kills you. end.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:43 AM   #142 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 5859
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-wizz View Post
#1 benefit of smoking weed..

not being this guy VVVV

who cares about how long you live, just so long as your not like this dude.

. what the fuck is this a comp between the two? alcohol kills you. end.
If you were me, I'd kill myself.

Old 11-05-2015, 07:44 AM   #143 (permalink)

Member # 40417
Quote:
haha that 300p was that for a brick? or nuggs? cause ive seen mexi nugs and in cali they went for the same price but they were nugs and had the "look". the dirt shit is like 75-100P which then gets marked up to 45/8th cause of drug laws in places with no med cards or med marijuana .

Random story for Flexy's past: I worked at a landscaping place outta highschool, you guessed it, with a bunch of "undocumented" workers. Whenever one of their relatives would drive up, they'd usually bring a shit ton of drugs One time I bought a pound of dirt weed for $500 from an entire family of messicans, not one of which uttered even a word of English I was the schwag king for like a month It was fun just weighing out that much at the time "contraband" on a triple beam I know, drugs R' bad n' drug dealing n' stuff R bad too....

edit: I probably got ripped, should have only given him $100

Last edited by FlexyTJ; 11-05-2015 at 07:46 AM.
FlexyTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2015, 07:46 AM   #144 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 91791
Quote:
its a plan man. lets make it happen, DO IT.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:48 AM   #145 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 91791
Quote:
Random story for Flexy's past: I worked at a landscaping place outta highschool, you guessed it, with a bunch of "undocumented" workers. Whenever one of their relatives would drive up, they'd usually bring a shit ton of drugs One time I bought a pound of dirt weed for $500 from an entire family of messicans, not one of which uttered even a word of English I was the schwag king for like a month It was fun just weighing out that much at the time "contraband" on a triple beam I know, drugs R' bad n' drug dealing n' stuff R bad too....

edit: I probably got ripped, should have only given him $100
haha damn was that a CO price? yes and no for being ripped of. i guess i could say there is a cost from the border to CO. but ya still expensive.

it looks cooler than it smokes but im sure you know this ha.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:48 AM   #146 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 5859
Quote:
its a plan man. lets make it happen, DO IT.
You do realise that this requires you becoming intelligent.

Old 11-05-2015, 07:54 AM   #147 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 91791
Quote:
You do realise that this requires you becoming intelligent.
well deal with that after you kill your self, cause really thats step 1 in the plan. it serves as my main motivator. need that to get the ball rolling.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:57 AM   #148 (permalink)

Member # 27390
Quote:

brick. cheaper if you got 5 packs. $4k for elbows of dank. rarely could you find a full one then. about $1800 now for same shit.

Quote:
haha damn was that a CO price? yes and no for being ripped of. i guess i could say there is a cost from the border to CO. but ya still expensive.

it looks cooler than it smokes but im sure you know this ha.
depends who you rubbed elbows with.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:57 AM   #149 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 5859
Quote:
well deal with that after you kill your self, cause really thats step 1 in the plan. it serves as my main motivator. need that to get the ball rolling.
I know that reading is hard for tards like yourself.

Quote:
You have be me in order for me to kill me.

But thanks for acknowledging you're an idiot.

Last edited by Haole; 11-05-2015 at 07:58 AM.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:59 AM   #150 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 91791
Quote:
I know that reading is hard for tards like yourself.

You have be me in order for me to kill me.

But thanks for acknowledging you're an idiot.
just prove me right and kill your self already. you basically said it paraphrased if you will, not just do what chu gotta do and make it happen.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in