Why is there a Syrian refugee crisis in the first place? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2015, 12:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
JR
OG13 King
 
JR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Member # 8524
Location: Agua Dulce, CA.
Posts: 7,875
Why is there a Syrian refugee crisis in the first place?

Trying to play devil's advocate, I ask myself why is Obama so hell bent on flooding the US with refugees? Is it really all about compassion?
The majority of the people don't want them, the house doesn't want them, 31 states governor have said they don't want them.

Anyway, I found this article that at least illustrates how the refugee crises came about.
Maybe in the end, he is just trying to save face.


“To see the full cynicism of the Obama approach to the refugee issue, one has only to ask President Obama’s least favorite question: Why is there a Syrian refugee crisis in the first place?

“Obama’s own policy decisions​—​allowing Assad to convert peaceful demonstrations into an increasingly ugly civil war, refusing to declare safe havens and no fly zones—​were instrumental in creating the Syrian refugee crisis. This crisis is in large part the direct consequence of President Obama’s decision to stand aside and watch Syria burn. For him to try and use a derisory and symbolic program to allow 10,000 refugees into the United States in order to posture as more caring than those evil Jacksonian rednecks out in the benighted sticks is one of the most cynical, cold-blooded, and nastily divisive moves an American President has made in a long time. .  .  .

“To think that conspicuous moral posturing and holy posing over a symbolic refugee quota could turn President Obama from the goat to the hero of the Syrian crisis is absurd. Wringing your hands while Syria turns into a hell on earth, and then taking a token number of refugees, can be called many things, but decent and wise are not among them. You don’t have to be a xenophobe or a racist or even a Republican to reject this President’s leadership on Syria policy. All you need for that is common sense and a moral compass. .  .  .

“For no one, other than the Butcher Assad and the unspeakable al-Baghdadi, is as responsible for the humanitarian catastrophe in Syria as is President Obama. No one has committed more sins of omission, no one has so ruthlessly sacrificed the well-being of Syria’s people for his own ends, as the man in the White House. In all the world, only President Obama had the ability to do anything significant to prevent this catastrophe; in all the world no one turned his back so coldly and resolutely on the suffering Syrians as the man who sits in the White House today​—​a man who is now lecturing his fellow citizens on what he insists is their moral inferiority before his own high self-esteem.”

Liberal Sanctimony | The Weekly Standard
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
JR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2015, 12:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Member # 141407
Posts: 27
I read that article a few days ago and thought it was pretty spot on. I don't think the article mentioned it, but Obama and Clinton were also responsible for fanning the flames of the Arab spring. With the possible exception of Tunisia, the result of various Arab springs range from not good to atrocious. After seeing the result of bringing democracy to Iraq I would think that anyone with a clear head should have had a good idea of what the result of the Arab spring might be.
deci7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2015, 01:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Rock God
 
Damage, Inc.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Member # 20298
Location: Colorado
Posts: 13,083
Hmm...so all the other countries that are taking in refugees are as 'guilty' as Obama? If you really want to act informed, read up on Syria. Read up on Europe.

THEN read up on US policy in this world. There's a reason all countries want to be like us...but there's also a reason why many people want to destroy us.
__________________
I didn't read what he said, but he's right. - BHC
Damage, Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2015, 04:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Member # 124967
Posts: 12,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR View Post
Trying to play devil's advocate, I ask myself why is Obama so hell bent on flooding the US with refugees? Is it really all about compassion?
The majority of the people don't want them, the house doesn't want them, 31 states governor have said they don't want them.

Anyway, I found this article that at least illustrates how the refugee crises came about.
Maybe in the end, he is just trying to save face.


“To see the full cynicism of the Obama approach to the refugee issue, one has only to ask President Obama’s least favorite question: Why is there a Syrian refugee crisis in the first place?

“Obama’s own policy decisions​—​allowing Assad to convert peaceful demonstrations into an increasingly ugly civil war, refusing to declare safe havens and no fly zones—​were instrumental in creating the Syrian refugee crisis. This crisis is in large part the direct consequence of President Obama’s decision to stand aside and watch Syria burn. For him to try and use a derisory and symbolic program to allow 10,000 refugees into the United States in order to posture as more caring than those evil Jacksonian rednecks out in the benighted sticks is one of the most cynical, cold-blooded, and nastily divisive moves an American President has made in a long time. .  .  .

“To think that conspicuous moral posturing and holy posing over a symbolic refugee quota could turn President Obama from the goat to the hero of the Syrian crisis is absurd. Wringing your hands while Syria turns into a hell on earth, and then taking a token number of refugees, can be called many things, but decent and wise are not among them. You don’t have to be a xenophobe or a racist or even a Republican to reject this President’s leadership on Syria policy. All you need for that is common sense and a moral compass. .  .  .

“For no one, other than the Butcher Assad and the unspeakable al-Baghdadi, is as responsible for the humanitarian catastrophe in Syria as is President Obama. No one has committed more sins of omission, no one has so ruthlessly sacrificed the well-being of Syria’s people for his own ends, as the man in the White House. In all the world, only President Obama had the ability to do anything significant to prevent this catastrophe; in all the world no one turned his back so coldly and resolutely on the suffering Syrians as the man who sits in the White House today​—​a man who is now lecturing his fellow citizens on what he insists is their moral inferiority before his own high self-esteem.”

Liberal Sanctimony | The Weekly Standard
Quote:
Originally Posted by deci7 View Post
I read that article a few days ago and thought it was pretty spot on. I don't think the article mentioned it, but Obama and Clinton were also responsible for fanning the flames of the Arab spring. With the possible exception of Tunisia, the result of various Arab springs range from not good to atrocious. After seeing the result of bringing democracy to Iraq I would think that anyone with a clear head should have had a good idea of what the result of the Arab spring might be.

Holy shit.

Are you really that stupid?

Do you even get out of the house at all?

Look around, find out what's going on beyond the Media Bingo Hall you call "news"?

Tigerchief is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2015, 05:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Member # 270274
Location: da' 'BURGH
Posts: 6,236
Send a message via Yahoo to The War Wagon
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR View Post
Trying to play devil's advocate, I ask myself why is Obama so hell bent on flooding the US with refugees?
He THINKS they're going to help elect him to a third term...
__________________
Metric wrench?! We don't need no steenkin' metric SYSTEM!
'92 Ramcharger: a work in progress...
The War Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2015, 05:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!
 
Screwzer2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Member # 38193
Location: Nevada City, CA under a bridge
Posts: 69,497
^^What makes you think he WANTS a third term.

__________________
Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
and Today is a Gift
That's why they call it the Present

—Eleanor Rososevelt
Screwzer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2015, 06:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered User
 
PRegner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Member # 50212
Location: Landers, Komifornia
Posts: 7,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwzer2 View Post
^^What makes you think he WANTS a third term.

I don't think he does, but his Muslim "Rasputin", Valerie Jarrett does.
__________________
"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc"
"Islam in a man is more dangerous than rabies in a dog"
PRegner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2015, 06:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Member # 139150
Location: Coloma, California
Posts: 6,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by The War Wagon View Post
He THINKS they're going to help elect him to a third term...
martial law man. no elections needed! stays in power until he feels things are 'safe' again....... so basically king forever.
__________________
[COLOR="red"](input truck specs here to prove level of badass and gain Pirate street cred)[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]<< post picture of badass pirate approved truck doing some epic wheeling[/COLOR]
sjracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2015, 07:41 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered User
 
bigun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member # 29037
Location: Mountainair NM
Posts: 13,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwzer2 View Post
^^What makes you think he WANTS a third term.

Because of the perks, car and driver, helicopter pick up on the front lawn for long trips, private jet, no waiting in traffic, Hollywood stars that want to suck him off, little kids who sing songs of praise, none of which he pays for.
__________________
“Indeed the safest road to Hell is the gradual one..." C S Lewis
bigun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2015, 07:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Member # 67681
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 28,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwzer2 View Post
^^What makes you think he WANTS a third term.

Uhhhh........because narcissist
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
rugger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2015, 07:52 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member # 71528
Location: McAlester, OK
Posts: 1,802
And while everyone is watching the Syrian fiasco, his last episode of pandering is no longer in view. What happened to all the wetback chilrens, all flooding the border with no adults to help them on the 2000+ mile march.
__________________
Beware of liberals attempting to act like AMERICANS
sparkmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2015, 07:59 AM   #12 (permalink)
Non-Lemming
 
SanDiegoCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Member # 840
Location: Ramona, SoCal
Posts: 78,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by The War Wagon View Post
He THINKS they're going to help elect him to a third term...
This stupidity again ? I heard that same asinine crap about Ronald Reagan,Bill Clinton, and Bush II. Try bringing up something real.
__________________
One of the great achievements of science has been, if not to make it impossible for intelligent people to be religious, then at least to make it possible for them not to be religious. We should not retreat from this accomplishment.

Quote:
Salesmen and women. God sells to the ignorant.
SanDiegoCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2015, 08:13 AM   #13 (permalink)
The dude abides
 
DEER TICK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Member # 114517
Location: Grass Valley
Posts: 1,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigun View Post
Because of the perks, car and driver, helicopter pick up on the front lawn for long trips, private jet, no waiting in traffic, Hollywood stars that want to suck him off, little kids who sing songs of praise, none of which he DESERVES.
Fify
__________________
Opinions are like assholes.Everybody has one,and most stink!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DEER TICK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2015, 08:19 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered User
 
bigun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member # 29037
Location: Mountainair NM
Posts: 13,635
The reason there is a Syrian problem is the Democrats decided a dictator they had supported for decades was suddenly a bad guy and had to go. You know like Carter did to The Shaw of Iran!
__________________
“Indeed the safest road to Hell is the gradual one..." C S Lewis
bigun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2015, 08:25 AM   #15 (permalink)
The Piratenite
 
camo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Member # 4
Location: Rubicon
Posts: 30,423
Blog Entries: 1
Send a message via Yahoo to camo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR View Post
Trying to play devil's advocate,
That isn't playing devils advocate it is just fancy writing and big words spun up to deride Obama. Get your hate on, I get it lots of folks dislike the him and his politics. Just don't mistake that as a viable explaination for why there is a Syrian refugee or a Syrian crisis going on. For that you will need to study up on the Middle East and how The modern Syria state even came into existiance. Start around the 1500's at the rise of the Ottoman Empire .... Then in 1921 the ground work for today's crisis really starts.
__________________
Millennials, making hippies look tough since 1980
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

__________________
camo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2015, 08:28 AM   #16 (permalink)
EMT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member # 69553
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 5,079
No one even mentions all the Christians that were stuck on top of the mountain. Remember them? Obama turned them all away.
EMT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2015, 08:30 AM   #17 (permalink)
Non-Lemming
 
SanDiegoCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Member # 840
Location: Ramona, SoCal
Posts: 78,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigun View Post
The reason there is a Syrian problem is the Democrats decided a dictator they had supported for decades was suddenly a bad guy and had to go. You know like Carter did to The Shaw of Iran!
First of all it's spelled ................ Shah, not Shaw, and Carter didn't stop supporting the Shah, he urged him to stop using his secret police to repress the people and respect civil rights. Granted, it was a naïve move on Carter's part, but he didn't "turn" on the Shah. Also, members of Carter's administration completely bungled their reading of Ayatollah Khomeini.
__________________
One of the great achievements of science has been, if not to make it impossible for intelligent people to be religious, then at least to make it possible for them not to be religious. We should not retreat from this accomplishment.

Quote:
Salesmen and women. God sells to the ignorant.
SanDiegoCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2015, 08:32 AM   #18 (permalink)
Non-Lemming
 
SanDiegoCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Member # 840
Location: Ramona, SoCal
Posts: 78,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by camo View Post
That isn't playing devils advocate it is just fancy writing and big words spun up to deride Obama. Get your hate on, I get it lots of folks dislike the him and his politics. Just don't mistake that as a viable explaination for why there is a Syrian refugee or a Syrian crisis going on. For that you will need to study up on the Middle East and how The modern Syria state even came into existiance. Start around the 1500's at the rise of the Ottoman Empire .... Then in 1921 the ground work for today's crisis really starts.
Quoted for truth.
__________________
One of the great achievements of science has been, if not to make it impossible for intelligent people to be religious, then at least to make it possible for them not to be religious. We should not retreat from this accomplishment.

Quote:
Salesmen and women. God sells to the ignorant.
SanDiegoCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2015, 08:34 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Member # 86724
Posts: 29,910
I would say that our actions in Iraq contributed more to the formation of ISIS than anything we did in Syria.

Syria was just easy pickings after we funded rebels. They fought Assad, Assad fought them, ISIS swept in and picked the low hanging fruit that was vulnerable.
__________________
Electricity is really just organized lightning.
87manche is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2015, 08:39 AM   #20 (permalink)
The Piratenite
 
camo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Member # 4
Location: Rubicon
Posts: 30,423
Blog Entries: 1
Send a message via Yahoo to camo
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkmechanic View Post
What happened to all the wetback chilrens,
wetbacks are still there everyday, the xenophobe battle cry has just changed from
" we are ok with immigration as long as they do it legally "
To
" lock the gates for our safety "

Like most things in our society the issue has progressed into absurdity.
__________________
Millennials, making hippies look tough since 1980
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

__________________
camo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2015, 08:48 AM   #21 (permalink)
The Piratenite
 
camo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Member # 4
Location: Rubicon
Posts: 30,423
Blog Entries: 1
Send a message via Yahoo to camo
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMT View Post
No one even mentions all the Christians that were stuck on top of the mountain. Remember them? Obama turned them all away.

they should have contributed more money to his campaign if they wanted special favors. Silly Christians ... Can't even figure out how to grease the wheels of democracy
__________________
Millennials, making hippies look tough since 1980
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

__________________
camo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2015, 09:02 AM   #22 (permalink)
No
 
Filthy McChevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Member # 106663
Location: South Park
Posts: 15,430
Because religion and fear. Xenophobe this.
__________________
Durrhh.
Filthy McChevy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2015, 09:44 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered User
 
fullsize80cherokee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Member # 20331
Location: CO, USA
Posts: 3,809
fullsize80cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2015, 09:48 AM   #24 (permalink)
The Piratenite
 
camo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Member # 4
Location: Rubicon
Posts: 30,423
Blog Entries: 1
Send a message via Yahoo to camo
How Muslims have been killed by United States Armed forces since Obama took office ? Pretty sure US air raids are dropping bombs on "Muslims" every day
__________________
Millennials, making hippies look tough since 1980
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

__________________
camo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2015, 09:51 AM   #25 (permalink)
3d Artist for Hire!
 
animator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member # 13701
Location: Plano/Dallas
Posts: 19,304
Send a message via AIM to animator Send a message via Yahoo to animator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwzer2 View Post
^^What makes you think he WANTS a third term.




I'm thinking this.


Looking back at Obama's recent speeches and meetings and interviews and whatever, he really seems like he's over this whole being president thing. Almost like he's grown tired of it. I noticed it right after the 2012 election. Seemed like he was like, "fuck.. four more years of this shit... ... ".
__________________
Sometimes I parkerize stuff. PM for info..
animator is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.