What the hell is happening with UPS? - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2015, 10:55 PM   #26 (permalink)
No

Member # 106663
Cartoys shipped us a phone we bought Black Friday. They said UPS would deliver it Tuesday, UPS delivered it Tuesday. :shrug:
Old 12-04-2015, 10:59 PM   #27 (permalink)
Hophead

Member # 4829
Send a message via AIM to Joe_W
Today I received 2 packages from USPS ordered after the Amazon Prime item, and USPS sucks :laughed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddin
The vagina doubles as a neat little fanny pack.
Joe_W is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2015, 11:21 PM   #28 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 38193
Anyone remember when a FedEx letter cost $4.95 and got there overnite?

For a while there, shit was EZ.
That's why they call it the Present

—Eleanor Rososevelt

Last edited by Screwzer2; 12-04-2015 at 11:22 PM.
Screwzer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2015, 11:22 PM   #29 (permalink)

Member # 13786
I had a package that was supposed to travel 58 miles that took 4 days, even at that I had to go to the depot to get it so I wouldn't have to wait til 8:00 at night for the brown truck to deliver it. When I was at the depot at 7:45AM I witnessed the workers not working all that hard and slowing the belt down and also just standing around bull shitting and drinking coffee. Personally I think they are sandbagging it this time of year to get the overtime. I didn't see anybody working hard and 'pushing it'
KWTMECH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2015, 11:31 PM   #30 (permalink)
GJC

Member # 26181
Got this going on in San Bernardino: Police Evacuate UPS Facility in San Bernardino After Driver Discovers Package Addressed to ‘Suspect’ Residence | KTLA
Old 12-04-2015, 11:38 PM   #31 (permalink)

Member # 110491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwrednecki View Post
Some parts I was supposed to have today from Artec, seem to be going in reverse now.
Holy shit how did your stuff end up in Tonopah? That's just about as far out in the middle of fucking nowhere as possible.
cmarjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2015, 11:43 PM   #32 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 38193
Huh. Fed Ex and US hub are next door at Ontario Airport. Link?
That's why they call it the Present

—Eleanor Rososevelt
Screwzer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2015, 12:11 AM   #33 (permalink)

Member # 53528
fedex pretty much always takes longer then ups in my area, i avoid usps at all cost
rockyota83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2015, 12:13 AM   #34 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 31621
Send a message via AIM to vetteboy79
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinistertrucker View Post
I refuse to do business with anyone who ships FedEx.
We ship UPS as standard; the same driver comes by every day at the same time to pick up all the stuff we're sending out for that day.

I have one customer who requires that we ship FedEx. That's fine, except that means we need to notify FedEx to come for a pickup, which may or may not happen the same day.

The stuff we're currently shipping for that customer is for a conveyor project at the UPS WorldShip headquarters in Louisville, KY. I just picture the FedEx guy who has to drive up to the dock at the UPS facility to drop stuff off, and have them sign for it...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Flying Pig Racing #512
vetteboy79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2015, 12:16 AM   #35 (permalink)

Member # 84132
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteboy79 View Post
We ship UPS as standard; the same driver comes by every day at the same time to pick up all the stuff we're sending out for that day.

I have one customer who requires that we ship FedEx. That's fine, except that means we need to notify FedEx to come for a pickup, which may or may not happen the same day.

The stuff we're currently shipping for that customer is for a conveyor project at the UPS WorldShip headquarters in Louisville, KY. I just picture the FedEx guy who has to drive up to the dock at the UPS facility to drop stuff off, and have them sign for it...
Awkward.
Old 12-05-2015, 01:25 AM   #36 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 18433
My last 3 prime orders have taken 4+ days to get here, bullcrap.

As for the ups vs FedEx, I get a 75% discount at FedEx through work and everything I shipped has gotten to where it needs to in time, including luggage that I shipped.
Old 12-05-2015, 02:22 AM   #37 (permalink)

Member # 95025
I buy a lot of chit off of eBay from all over the world and track the packages via their website.

Weather and certain events in this country can and does disrupt the flow of package delivery.

For example:
When the Pope visited our empty suit (Obama) recently federal security shut down air traffic as well as ground traffic along the Pope's whole travel route. UPS had a warning posted on their website to expect delays because of this and expect it to continue while said Pope was here.

President Trump on building the wall:
"THIS IS WHERE WE HOLD THEM!!! THIS IS WHERE WE FIGHT!!! THIS IS WHERE THEY'RE DEPORTED!!!"

V.P.Pence:
BUILD THIS WALL, BOYS!!!

Fearless Indians:
Awe-Ooo!!!
CDA 455 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2015, 06:16 AM   #38 (permalink)
Window Licker

Member # 34948
Earlier this week I got a text at 8:20 pm that there was nobody home at my residence to accept my $10 Amazon order. I had been home since 5:00 and they're delivery updates are almost real time so most likely the driver's shift was over so he just tagged it undeliverable without even coming to the house. They left it on the doorstep the next day.

Yesterday, USPS delivered my Swag portaband table with the box almost completely destroyed with a sorry note on it. Luckily it looks like it was packaged well enough with the small hardware in a second box inside the main one (which was also torn open) that it doesn't look like anything left the box.
Old 12-05-2015, 06:18 AM   #39 (permalink)
Window Licker

Member # 34948
Oh, and I also got this random package from china with a really ugly extra small black and white jacket...pretty much your standard "i want to look like an asian gang member" style. I didn't order anything even close to that.

I had to go scour my ebay purchases and the best I can tell is that it came from the seller that was supposed to ship me a $20 gps antenna for my quadcopter.
Old 12-05-2015, 06:30 AM   #40 (permalink)

Member # 80854
I ordered (2) axle shafts on Tuesday at lunch through Amazon Prime, The projected date was 12/4 until yesterday. It then moved to 12/7. I'm interested to see whether Amazon sent it 2 day delivery or standard ground.
This isn't the first time. I Next day aired a package from Amazon last go round. I ordered early that morning and received it 2 days later........
RebelRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2015, 07:31 AM   #41 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 4375
That explains a few complaints we got.
Old 12-05-2015, 07:38 AM   #42 (permalink)
Change is good.

Member # 20631
I got a scope delivered on Sunday, first time that's happened to me with UPS. The drivers must LOVE the OT on that route.

We didn't stop to say hi cause he's a fucking douchebag.
Roc Doc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2015, 07:46 AM   #43 (permalink)
* The Printer *

Member # 6532
Send a message via AIM to lttlbddy Send a message via Yahoo to lttlbddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_W View Post
Exactly, there's a lot of people being paid a bunch of money to make sure they're not surprised like this. Was there an unusually large amount of packages this year, like sizable percentage over last year
UPS has taken over deliveries for Staples and with all of the online stuff it doesn't surprise me that they up this year. The route that I'm on hasn't changed, just busier. They still pick up on schedule though.

Amazon Prime's 2-day delivery seems to just be a suggestion these days. When they say delivery by 8pm or weekends, I get the "attempted" delivery, business closed message = BS. i've been there, no attempt was made.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
email -

Office: 714 283-2073
Don't see what you need give us a call
[/URL]
lttlbddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2015, 07:52 AM   #44 (permalink)

Member # 108736
I order alot from jegs and summit. Always 2 day max from order to delivery. 99% of the time if I order in the morning I get it within 24 hrs. I always make sure when i order the items they are in stock. I placed an order Sunday, they shipped usps. Shits been taking an eternity. And usps tracking has always sucked to use.

Last edited by cheapthrillb2; 12-05-2015 at 07:52 AM.
cheapthrillb2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2015, 07:57 AM   #45 (permalink)

Member # 108736
I did place an order from 4loparts in Ontario California on Monday. Shipped ups, it's been on time with normal updates and tracking and is in the local Depot on time for delivery on Monday. So no out of ordinary on that shipment. I'm in Michigan, so it's traveled a good ways.
cheapthrillb2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2015, 08:06 AM   #46 (permalink)
Hophead

Member # 4829
Send a message via AIM to Joe_W
I notice this morning that a couple pieces for work were coming out of the San Antonio center this morning instead of Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddin
The vagina doubles as a neat little fanny pack.
Joe_W is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2015, 08:06 AM   #47 (permalink)

Member # 80349
I've had no issues with UPS lately. In fact this week I've received over 10 boxes of jeep/house shit. UPS even covered my boxes in plastic bags when it was raining last week.

I love the big brown truck.
muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2015, 08:51 AM   #48 (permalink)
blatant asshole

Member # 464641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwrednecki View Post
Some parts I was supposed to have today from Artec, seem to be going in reverse now.
I dealt with that shit earlier this year also.

Had another that drove around my house for a week. I had to stop the driver and and ask for it. Fucked up a customers truck for a week

total newb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2015, 09:12 AM   #49 (permalink)

Member # 113212
Cliff notes... shudda ordered your damn package one day earlier.

Just kinda perusing the thread... Sorry, but you ordered your Widjit at the wrong time of year. Meaning: you, along with MILLIONS of other people, ordered stuff at this time, above and beyond what is normally ordered and shipped. It's Black Friday/Cyber Monday/Christmas... whadja expect? Shit happens. Expect it, and get over it. And by that I mean:

The drivers work their ass off. BTDT. From immediate supervisors to District and Regional managers, they are trained to think of drivers and other employees as equipment, just like the tires on the truck: Use 'em up, replace 'em, keep the company income flowing.

Rolling packages (and by that I mean TENS of THOUSANDS of them at a single hub facility in one night) is done because some bean counter behind a desk tells an Upper Management Suit "If we hold this many packages, we will lose this many dollars in income, but save in this amount of labor costs, so only hire "X" amount of seasonal help." And every worker who handles a package between the shipper and the delivery driver counts towards the cost of "X".

That "X" amount means you are one of the customers who got fucked. Sucks to be you today. Tomorrow it will be the next guy. BTDT as well.

Small town workers are worked to death, cuz they don't have a good Union Representation. Big City Hub workers get away with lazy work habits cuz of Union numbers. Many big city facility workers would quit UPS if they had to work like small town workers do. He who pays the most union dues gets the most attention. Then again, most Hub workers work at night for small (by driver wages in comparison) dollars. Again, the Company knows this, and figures THIS amount of production for THIS amount of COST. You can figure out why packages get rolled to the next day on your own.

UPS is a HUGE corporation. The problems you have (as a final delivery address), is irrelevant to them (it.... UPS). What matters is their bottom line and shareholder earnings. This became the end-all/be-all of corporate service when UPS went public. If enough customers complain by sending their orders through another carrier, things would change. And by customers, I don't mean *you*. I mean the company you ordered your Widjit from. THAT is the entity UPS cares about, not you. You are the person the Widjit shipper cares about. You don't pay UPS to ship your package, your Widjit manufacturer does. UPS cares about who gives it money--- which is the shipper, not the delivery address.

(sigh) I've been with UPS a looong time. I've seen a lot of things change. There's a lot of good, hardworking people at UPS, and a lot of heartless bean counters over them, who have to answer to their own heartless been counters.

You only see the Drivers. Trust me on this, they are like cops.... 99.9 percent of them try to do a good job for the people they meet on a daily basis. If they had their way, every damn package sent through UPS would be delivered on time, every time.

Unless you don't have your street address visible so he can see it. All 20 houses of your block look the same, and the address on the box may be a typo. You don't know where he lives, WTF should he know where you live? He's got 150 other addresses to get to today, and you're making him run late trying to figure out which house this "As Seen On TV" Kitchen Widjit goes to. In that case.... you're on the ass-end of his 12-hour work day, and he's sending your package to the night clerk for an address clarification.
Burlbook48 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2015, 09:37 AM   #50 (permalink)

Member # 11890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlbook48 View Post
Cliff notes... shudda ordered your damn package one day earlier.

Just kinda perusing the thread... Sorry, but you ordered your Widjit at the wrong time of year. Meaning: you, along with MILLIONS of other people, ordered stuff at this time, above and beyond what is normally ordered and shipped. It's Black Friday/Cyber Monday/Christmas... whadja expect? Shit happens. Expect it, and get over it. And by that I mean:

The drivers work their ass off. BTDT. From immediate supervisors to District and Regional managers, they are trained to think of drivers and other employees as equipment, just like the tires on the truck: Use 'em up, replace 'em, keep the company income flowing.

Rolling packages (and by that I mean TENS of THOUSANDS of them at a single hub facility in one night) is done because some bean counter behind a desk tells an Upper Management Suit "If we hold this many packages, we will lose this many dollars in income, but save in this amount of labor costs, so only hire "X" amount of seasonal help." And every worker who handles a package between the shipper and the delivery driver counts towards the cost of "X".

That "X" amount means you are one of the customers who got fucked. Sucks to be you today. Tomorrow it will be the next guy. BTDT as well.

Small town workers are worked to death, cuz they don't have a good Union Representation. Big City Hub workers get away with lazy work habits cuz of Union numbers. Many big city facility workers would quit UPS if they had to work like small town workers do. He who pays the most union dues gets the most attention. Then again, most Hub workers work at night for small (by driver wages in comparison) dollars. Again, the Company knows this, and figures THIS amount of production for THIS amount of COST. You can figure out why packages get rolled to the next day on your own.

UPS is a HUGE corporation. The problems you have (as a final delivery address), is irrelevant to them (it.... UPS). What matters is their bottom line and shareholder earnings. This became the end-all/be-all of corporate service when UPS went public. If enough customers complain by sending their orders through another carrier, things would change. And by customers, I don't mean *you*. I mean the company you ordered your Widjit from. THAT is the entity UPS cares about, not you. You are the person the Widjit shipper cares about. You don't pay UPS to ship your package, your Widjit manufacturer does. UPS cares about who gives it money--- which is the shipper, not the delivery address.

(sigh) I've been with UPS a looong time. I've seen a lot of things change. There's a lot of good, hardworking people at UPS, and a lot of heartless bean counters over them, who have to answer to their own heartless been counters.

You only see the Drivers. Trust me on this, they are like cops.... 99.9 percent of them try to do a good job for the people they meet on a daily basis. If they had their way, every damn package sent through UPS would be delivered on time, every time.

Unless you don't have your street address visible so he can see it. All 20 houses of your block look the same, and the address on the box may be a typo. You don't know where he lives, WTF should he know where you live? He's got 150 other addresses to get to today, and you're making him run late trying to figure out which house this "As Seen On TV" Kitchen Widjit goes to. In that case.... you're on the ass-end of his 12-hour work day, and he's sending your package to the night clerk for an address clarification.
This. 100% coming from another driver
bulfrog3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in