useless things about your day you want others to know. gcc - Page 130 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2019, 05:11 AM   #3226 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 5587
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_dj1 View Post
Been up for about an hour with a massive fucking headache! I can't get comfortable. I have nothing stronger than tylenol in the house I do have some liquor but after being dry for 30 years I can't see starting over with that shit this morning

Allergies???????????
I use a Nettie Pot to keep my sinuses washed out during spring / ragweed season.

That and hot coffee to warm up my sinuses.
A dip in a hot tub will work too, if its clean water.

I feel for you, I get them a lot this year. Learned to wash my hair in a shower before bed time so I dont lay in pollen all night. Never put your head on a pillow during the day that you sleep on at night too. Sounds silly but it works.

And if you have a mustache wash it out before bedtime too. And wash it several times a day durinng allergy season. Basically splashing water on your face during the day to keep the pollen out of that broom under your nose.

Sometimes just getting up and letting it all drain down helps.

That's all I got for Old Man wisdom if it's a sinus headache.

Hope it helps....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeehaaaaaaaa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
src="
border="0" alt="" title="flipoff2" class="inlineimg" />
SSSRodeo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2019, 05:27 AM   #3227 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 5587
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyComanche View Post
Don't burst his bubble, it's a big step up from the moldy singlewide on the postage stamp rental lot he was grunted out into. Success is measured in how much you've improved your standing, not where you are today.
Don't you wish!
I'm not rich.

Successful? yes!
I'm living comfortable and I retired at 58. (10 years ago)
My wife retired 6 years ago too. She's rich. AND She has me.
I don't have money problems and we are debt free.

My shop is bigger than most people houses!

I'm happy with it......

IN FACT, I'm still in bed typing this. I don't miss rolling out of bed and being on the road at 5:30 every morning.

Now get to work!

If you want to get an idea of my neighborhood Google Earth "New Fairview Airport in Texas 7TS0 That's just behind my back yard. Look for the Isuzu Troopers(soon to be gone) behind the shop and you'll see our place. We like it here! the hounddogs under the front porch do too!

Yeehaaaaaaaa
src="
Old 04-23-2019, 05:49 AM   #3228 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 5587
Quote:
Don't burst his bubble, it's a big step up from the moldy singlewide on the postage stamp rental lot he was grunted out into. Success is measured in how much you've improved your standing, not where you are today.
And while I'm at it. I hate tooting my own horn, but I was an Air Force Brat. When I left my Daddy's home in Southern California in 1970 at 18, I had $240 dollars in my pocket, a sports car, a guitar and a reel to reel tape recorder. I moved alone to Texas.

I have never moved back in with my parents, never asked them for money for anything, and everything I have, I worked my ass off for. Went through a divorce at 39 and got financially wiped out. Had to start over with nothing. Remarried 10 years later to a fine lady from a good Chicago family. But only after I was back on my feet financially.

My wife is a retired School Teacher and I retired from the Power Company after 36 years. We are happly married and we both have batteled and beat cancer.
I thank God and my Dr's for that.

I have 2 kids, from the first marriage and a step son. All three are married, happy and successful. 4 grandchildren and one on the way.

So I hope that gives any idea who I am. I like the guys here because we all think out of the box. A lot of talent on this Forum.
Been a member here a long time.
I like most of ya'll..............

I like to think I'm one of the good guys.

PS:
You can see the Texas Motor Speedway from my second floor windows.
With that, Ya'll have a good day.

Yeehaaaaaaaa
src="

Last edited by SSSRodeo; 04-23-2019 at 05:53 AM.
Old 04-23-2019, 06:20 AM   #3229 (permalink)

Member # 85771
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSRodeo View Post
And while I'm at it. I hate tooting my own horn, but I was an Air Force Brat. When I left my Daddy's home in Southern California in 1970 at 18, I had $240 dollars in my pocket, a sports car, a guitar and a reel to reel tape recorder. I moved alone to Texas.
Reel to Reel- $2465

$240- $1572

Guitar- $700

Car- $16,378

"I left my folks with $21,115 worth of stuff"
Old 04-23-2019, 06:44 AM   #3230 (permalink)
Hophead

Member # 4829
Send a message via AIM to Joe_W
Quote:
Originally Posted by ky scrambled View Post
Reel to Reel- $2465

$240- $1572

Guitar- $700

Car- $16,378

In 1970 a Ferrari cost less than $16k so I doubt those figures are too accurate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddin
The vagina doubles as a neat little fanny pack.
Joe_W is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2019, 06:45 AM   #3231 (permalink)

Member # 151818
Quote:

I have never moved back in with my parents, never asked them for money for anything, and everything I have, I worked my ass off for. Went through a divorce at 39 and got financially wiped out. Had to start over with nothing. Remarried 10 years later to a fine lady from a good Chicago family. But only after I was back on my feet financially.

My wife is a retired School Teacher and I retired from the Power Company after 36 years. We are happly married and we both have batteled and beat cancer.
I thank God and my Dr's for that.

I have 2 kids, from the first marriage and a step son. All three are married, happy and successful. 4 grandchildren and one on the way.

So I hope that gives any idea who I am. I like the guys here because we all think out of the box. A lot of talent on this Forum.
Been a member here a long time.
I like most of ya'll..............

I like to think I'm one of the good guys.

PS:
You can see the Texas Motor Speedway from my second floor windows.
With that, Ya'll have a good day.

Quote:
Don't you wish!

I'm not rich.

Successful? yes!

I'm living comfortable and I retired at 58. (10 years ago)

My wife retired 6 years ago too. She's rich. AND She has me.

I don't have money problems and we are debt free.

My shop is bigger than most people houses!

I'm happy with it......

IN FACT, I'm still in bed typing this. I don't miss rolling out of bed and being on the road at 5:30 every morning.

Now get to work!

If you want to get an idea of my neighborhood Google Earth "New Fairview Airport in Texas 7TS0 That's just behind my back yard. Look for the Isuzu Troopers(soon to be gone) behind the shop and you'll see our place. We like it here! the hounddogs under the front porch do too!

You Fkn done yet???
Here:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gregj50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2019, 06:46 AM   #3232 (permalink)
Hophead

Member # 4829
Send a message via AIM to Joe_W
STFUG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddin
The vagina doubles as a neat little fanny pack.
Joe_W is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2019, 06:55 AM   #3233 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 5587
Quote:
Originally Posted by ky scrambled View Post
Reel to Reel- $2465

$240- $1572

Guitar- $700

Car- $16,378

Let's get real here.
I have worked a part time job from 10 years old on during the school years and alway worked full time in the Summers. No playing Sports in school and eating the good life at my Mommys table.
I rolled and threw papers on a Morning Paper route starting when I was ten, for 3 years. got up at 4:30 Am every morning 7 days a week to get the Miami Herald delivered. I had on average 250 papers a day to deliver.

Now remember this was in the 60's. Most of the kids my age in High School were busy smoking dope and getting high.
I even paid for all my College!

The guitar I bought with money from my work for $75.
My Sports car I bought with my own money for $1500
The reel to reel SONY I bought for $250 with my own money.
Even the clothes in my suitcase I paid for out of my own pocket with cash I earned working.

I had $2500 when I was 16 and gave a good chunk of it to my Mom to pay rent and bills for us when the Military Pay was late a few months and Dad was fighting in Vietnam.

When I left, I left on good terms with my prents and had a job at a Radio Station in Dallas.
It fell through, (long story) so I got a job working a horse and cattle ranch in Midelothian Texas. Now a big subdivision. I have never, not had a job, until the day I retired in 2009.

I worked my way up and saved every dime I could to up my standard of living and always did faily well. Nobody gave me anything. I earned it all by hard work.

If you have a problem with that let's hear your Success Story!

Yeehaaaaaaaa
src="

Last edited by SSSRodeo; 04-23-2019 at 06:57 AM.
Old 04-23-2019, 07:00 AM   #3234 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 5587
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregj50 View Post
You Fkn done yet???
Here:

Not yet

See above.

I got work to do in the shop. Remodeling my Motorhome.

Don't you have a job to get to?

Now I'm done!

Yeehaaaaaaaa
src="
Old 04-23-2019, 07:13 AM   #3235 (permalink)

Member # 85771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_W View Post
In 1970 a Ferrari cost less than $16k so I doubt those figures are too accurate
That's 1970 money to 2019 money.
Old 04-23-2019, 11:12 AM   #3236 (permalink)

Member # 96278
Quote:
My Life Volume 1
Quote:
Volume 2
Quote:
Volume 3 with map!
Quote:
Volume 4
Quote:
Volume 5
Quote:
Postscript
And I think we can now crown the winner of the Useless Things thread.

Old 04-23-2019, 12:34 PM   #3237 (permalink)

Member # 82607
Quote:
You're dehydrated.

Liquor will help* that.

*May not actually help in most circumstances.
LOL , thanks, I needed a laugh this afternoon, iiiiiittttttt'sss baaaaaack.......
dave_dj1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2019, 05:08 PM   #3238 (permalink)

Member # 65706
Totally useless.. But some may remember my accident right before Thanksgiving. CHP posted this yesterday: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...n__=%2As%2As-R
Old 04-24-2019, 05:18 PM   #3239 (permalink)

Member # 866316
My friend has mental health disorder. She started,gojng,into detail about feeling sad and im like woh girl that is not my job.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
t1292 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2019, 05:20 PM   #3240 (permalink)

Member # 866316
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2big bronco View Post
Three rules to live by as you age

Never pass a bathroom

Never waste a bonner

Never trust a fart
Lol

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
t1292 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2019, 05:55 AM   #3241 (permalink)

Member # 94747
They must be filming a second Jumanji movie, or scenes of it in Farmington NM where I grew up. My buddy was at the gym yesterday when Dwayne Johnson strolled in, so they lifted weights together. I couldn't imagine why till I saw a picture someone snapped of Jack Black and Karen Gillin at the tiny tiny little airport. Then JB was drinking and playing shuffle board with the locals at the Three Rivers Brewery. I guess Kevin Hart is there also.

I never would have thought anyone would go to Farmington on purpose.
[COLOR="Red"]MUDDNUTT racing #4531[/COLOR],[COLOR="Cyan"] Falken Tire[/COLOR], [COLOR="Yellow"]ADS[/COLOR], Jimmys4x4,[COLOR="Red"] RuffStuff Specialties[/COLOR], [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ARB usa[/COLOR], [COLOR="Wheat"]Savvy offroad[/COLOR], [COLOR="Silver"]Raceline wheels[/COLOR], John Rants
jr4x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2019, 06:03 AM   #3242 (permalink)

Member # 3937
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr4x View Post
They must be filming a second Jumanji movie, or scenes of it in Farmington NM where I grew up. My buddy was at the gym yesterday when Dwayne Johnson strolled in, so they lifted weights together. I couldn't imagine why till I saw a picture someone snapped of Jack Black and Karen Gillin at the tiny tiny little airport. Then JB was drinking and playing shuffle board with the locals at the Three Rivers Brewery. I guess Kevin Hart is there also.

Wait, did you say Karen Gillin is in Farmington?

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not..." - Thomas Jefferson.
mrboyle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2019, 06:06 AM   #3243 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 5587
Well, looks like I'm going to live a little longer.

Got my Post Cancer Test done this week and I"m still all clear!

Now my wife is after me to lose the weight I gained after my cancer surgery.

Yeehaaaaaaaa
src="
Old 04-26-2019, 06:06 AM   #3244 (permalink)

Member # 84339
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubelcon View Post
Totally useless.. But some may remember my accident right before Thanksgiving. CHP posted this yesterday: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...n__=%2As%2As-R

Damn.

IIRC, you were mostly ok, right? I mean, your lezbaru was fucked, but you walked away.

that's some crazy shit for sure.
Old 04-26-2019, 06:43 AM   #3245 (permalink)

Member # 25632
Quote:

There is already 2 jumanji movies
YotaAtieToo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2019, 06:47 AM   #3246 (permalink)

Member # 94747
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaAtieToo View Post
There is already 2 jumanji movies
So thirdsies or fourthsies then? I don't know my movies obviously. Also looks like kathy Bates is there, no one mentioned it though since K-G is in the same picture.
[COLOR="Red"]MUDDNUTT racing #4531[/COLOR],[COLOR="Cyan"] Falken Tire[/COLOR], [COLOR="Yellow"]ADS[/COLOR], Jimmys4x4,[COLOR="Red"] RuffStuff Specialties[/COLOR], [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ARB usa[/COLOR], [COLOR="Wheat"]Savvy offroad[/COLOR], [COLOR="Silver"]Raceline wheels[/COLOR], John Rants
jr4x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2019, 07:01 AM   #3247 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 107862
Quote:

Yep, they are filming out at shiprock area. Whole damn town is fucking going stupid over it.
redtruggy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2019, 07:32 AM   #3248 (permalink)

Member # 151818
Quote:

Fk yea man!!!!!!

gregj50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2019, 09:49 PM   #3249 (permalink)

Member # 548137
Quote:

Cheers to that!!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
denverd1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2019, 10:57 PM   #3250 (permalink)

Member # 52361
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubelcon View Post
IIRC there was a fatality in the Mercedes? It wasn't mentioned in that post

How're you doing? How'd insurance go down?
PROJECTJUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in