useless things about your day you want others to know. gcc - Page 140 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2019, 06:46 PM   #3476 (permalink)

Member # 55396
Quote:
Originally Posted by DozerDan View Post
I would, I want to, but I can not find anything other than the entire set up that can be here before I leave for work for a week.

I can have the entire pump/motor I have for $435 on sat, or I can buy the motor instore for $370....

I really want to swap to pentair, but can not get one until Tue ($375). Good price but doubt work is gonna like me flying from TX to NJ to fix my pool, then fly back to MI ... though with my lay overs I can prob do it in about the same time.
I feel your pain- i'm out for next week and have been goin 12+ hr days (been time & 1/2 since lunch) all week to meet a EOW deadline. System goes down for maintenance from 8:30-9:30 and it seemed like a great time to get some grass cut.

Last edited by WTF?; 06-06-2019 at 06:47 PM.
WTF? is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2019, 07:26 PM   #3477 (permalink)

Member # 79509
You yankee twats have all the cheap parts. Was in CT again, now over in NY, and been checking out CL & FB.

Plethora of KP D60s in ford and GM flavor for $3-600. Found several more D300s for <$150. It's just getting depressing that I cant take them with me and continue to hoard.

Yall have zero, absolutely no trucks/cars worth buying though. Just parts from your rusted out piles.
Old 06-08-2019, 02:10 PM   #3478 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 101819
Today was a metal shop retirement auction. I bought a jackpot of vice grips screwdrivers and tape measures. He had the nicest manual 4x4 2003 7.3 f550 I have ever seen. 19,800 miles on it There were parts under the hood that I have never seen on a 7.3 lol. Damn thing brought 17,500, it should have went to a museum. Way too nice for me lol.
Attached Images

Thepanzerfuhrer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2019, 04:39 PM   #3479 (permalink)

Member # 688970
Today I actually prepped the EB for wheeiling this summer. I have no idea when I will actually be able to take it out, as all our weekends are full. We are camping near Fordyce at the end of the month. I might just buy a trailer between now and then and drag it up there
santa V2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2019, 01:47 AM   #3480 (permalink)

Member # 852732
Jumped all up into a clapped out sounding but not looking 4L ZJ's broken sparkplug problem to assist the owner who was driving it like that cause human. Two days later I'm changing the thermostat "cause it's getting hot, shutting off and my gauges are going crazy." Well your fan clutch is shit so there's the overheating problem. "how much is that?" $50 for new junk $10 at the junkyard, the coolant temp sensor is also busted. and that hose looks bout to blow.

Somehow that turd made it to pa from florida two weeks ago. It's all good as can be now. Made $20 bucks, fed twice and a few cold beers.

fuck jeeps
Thatg9659 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2019, 01:50 AM   #3481 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 66684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepanzerfuhrer View Post
Today was a metal shop retirement auction. I bought a jackpot of vice grips screwdrivers and tape measures. He had the nicest manual 4x4 2003 7.3 f550 I have ever seen. 19,800 miles on it There were parts under the hood that I have never seen on a 7.3 lol. Damn thing brought 17,500, it should have went to a museum. Way too nice for me lol.

Want to make a few $ on the vice grips? I had a bucket of 30 pairs stolen out of my connex
2big bronco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2019, 02:06 AM   #3482 (permalink)

Member # 852732
Custy brought pos r title dodge journey in for ac condenser replacement. hundred & twenty6 doll hair diagnosis from dealer offers me 80 to "changa da part" whatever dumbass, after waiting 4 days for new sealing washers sawzalling the condenser section off the trans cooler section cause wrong cheap fuckin part, 2013 with 2008 rad support and cooling pack. start to charge system and it's pissing out immediately somehere under the firewall shelf. FUCK THOSE FUCKING DEALERSHIP TWATS!

I drive to the dealer with what's left of the old part and try to keep my cool while demanding a refund for my dumbass customer. Whole fucking hour and not one mile put on the car, no diagnosis of why cold air blows in winter only change ac condenser, $800 estimate, engine light is code p06dd oil pressure switch circuit fault, we sell you new sensor.

Did you even pull a vacuum on the system? did you pressure test it with nitrogen or GASP! shop air? He doesn't remember it sorry we've had a lot of ac work in it's gotten hot recently. Maybe if he would have done something he would remember. Yes I do know better than the dumbass engineers at chryco, dc, fca or whatever name they are calling themselves this year. the condensor gets hot, the trans cooler doesn't need to be preheated, notice they stopped doing that dumb shit around 2010-11 "oh your a mechanic?" Since I was 5, don't you see my hands? yeah I see your shorts, what can I say my boss isn't an uppity prick, "ok you need to go" BYE FELICIA!

Old 06-09-2019, 08:50 AM   #3483 (permalink)

Member # 40266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatg9659 View Post
Custy brought pos r title dodge journey in for ac condenser replacement. hundred & twenty6 doll hair diagnosis from dealer offers me 80 to "changa da part" whatever dumbass, after waiting 4 days for new sealing washers sawzalling the condenser section off the trans cooler section cause wrong cheap fuckin part, 2013 with 2008 rad support and cooling pack. start to charge system and it's pissing out immediately somehere under the firewall shelf. FUCK THOSE FUCKING DEALERSHIP TWATS!

I drive to the dealer with what's left of the old part and try to keep my cool while demanding a refund for my dumbass customer. Whole fucking hour and not one mile put on the car, no diagnosis of why cold air blows in winter only change ac condenser, $800 estimate, engine light is code p06dd oil pressure switch circuit fault, we sell you new sensor.

Did you even pull a vacuum on the system? did you pressure test it with nitrogen or GASP! shop air? He doesn't remember it sorry we've had a lot of ac work in it's gotten hot recently. Maybe if he would have done something he would remember. Yes I do know better than the dumbass engineers at chryco, dc, fca or whatever name they are calling themselves this year. the condensor gets hot, the trans cooler doesn't need to be preheated, notice they stopped doing that dumb shit around 2010-11 "oh your a mechanic?" Since I was 5, don't you see my hands? yeah I see your shorts, what can I say my boss isn't an uppity prick, "ok you need to go" BYE FELICIA!

your customers must be some dumb SOBs

[/COLOR]
[CENTER][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="4"]"For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo"[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
paragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2019, 08:56 AM   #3484 (permalink)

Member # 860424
I would have diagnosed the problem myself and not have taken the customer's word for it.

Last edited by M92pv4u; 06-09-2019 at 06:47 PM.
M92pv4u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2019, 08:58 AM   #3485 (permalink)

Member # 40266
Quote:
Originally Posted by M92pv4u View Post
I would have diagnosed the problem myself and have taken the customer's word for it.
you sure as hell couldn't take his word for it because you can't even tell what the fuck he's saying

[/COLOR]
[CENTER][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="4"]"For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo"[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
paragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2019, 03:48 PM   #3486 (permalink)

Member # 181491
Buddy bought a 2004 Fummins F250

Rattles like a motherfucker (way more than normal) and pisses a quart of oil a day out from the valve covers.

Can I help?

Setting valve lash was fun a s fuck laying on the motor to get to the back 2 cylinders buried under the cowl.

Valve covers leaking because the motor has studs and needed the webbing in the covers ground out so they would sit flat.

Real fun few hours.

Motor sounds much better and not leaking anymore.

I don't really get the Dodge motor in a Ford but he thinks its the coolest shit ever.

He's done a lot of favors for me so I feel good repaying him but lordy what a pita to get done.

Everything was so oil covered I looked black when I was done.
crispins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2019, 04:43 PM   #3487 (permalink)

Member # 82607
Quote:
Originally Posted by crispins View Post

Rattles like a motherfucker (way more than normal) and pisses a quart of oil a day out from the valve covers.

Can I help?

Setting valve lash was fun a s fuck laying on the motor to get to the back 2 cylinders buried under the cowl.

Valve covers leaking because the motor has studs and needed the webbing in the covers ground out so they would sit flat.

Real fun few hours.

I don't really get the Dodge motor in a Ford but he thinks its the coolest shit ever.

He's done a lot of favors for me so I feel good repaying him but lordy what a pita to get done.

The way it was explained to me here on Pirate x was the Dodge truck is just a packaging crate for the almighty Cummins
dave_dj1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2019, 04:55 PM   #3488 (permalink)

Member # 79509
2004 was a shit year, what a waste. Better off having a 7.3L that actually works and jives with the truck.
Old 06-09-2019, 05:03 PM   #3489 (permalink)

Member # 3511
The fz1 I bought a couple of weeks ago was displaying an exup trouble code. Weather sucked this morning so I broke 2 of the 3 bolts and the gate was seized in the end plate. Good times.
Old 06-09-2019, 06:15 PM   #3490 (permalink)

Member # 852732
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon View Post
your customers must be some dumb SOBs
They think I'm smart, so what does that tell you?
Old 06-09-2019, 06:18 PM   #3491 (permalink)

Member # 852732
Quote:
I would have diagnosed the problem myself and have taken the customer's word for it.
The fuck face customer showed up with the parts, some of them anyway, I wasn't needed to diagnose, The experts at the dealer already did that, piss poorly.
Old 06-09-2019, 06:46 PM   #3492 (permalink)
why i am here?

Member # 41146
Hit the Rollers in the wagon. less than impressed with the numbers, but more than impressed with how the car actually runs and that is what matters most. Put a few hundred miles on it this weekend.

underpowered is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2019, 06:50 PM   #3493 (permalink)

Member # 852732
On topic of pbb gift exchange 2015. I took my unfinished gift to a local machine shop. Said it would take hours and hundreds of dollars I'll just wait to take it to my friends place in nj and use his mill, watch Me get it done in an hour haha.
Old 06-09-2019, 07:58 PM   #3494 (permalink)

Member # 192237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Sheep View Post
2004 was a shit year, what a waste. Better off having a 7.3L that actually works and jives with the truck.
p much this

may as well get the coil springs out front
[486] is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2019, 08:03 PM   #3495 (permalink)
Get Off My Lawn

Member # 77386
Got my axles back under my crawler and although it still has no brakes, I was able to drive it on the trailer and get it moved. It's only been neglected for 2 years. It actually started right up when I jumped the battery.
Attached Images

Action Fab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2019, 09:56 PM   #3496 (permalink)

Member # 52361
Quote:
Originally Posted by crispins View Post

Can I help?

Real fun few hours.

Happen to be a white 2wd?

Edit: as for not "getting it", the ford is about the best rolling chassis/body, and the cummins is a medium duty engine, makes a hell of a truck if done right, but too many hacks out there

Last edited by PROJECTJUNKIE; 06-09-2019 at 09:59 PM.
PROJECTJUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2019, 11:38 PM   #3497 (permalink)
Get Off My Lawn

Member # 77386
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROJECTJUNKIE View Post
makes a hell of a truck if done right, but too many hacks out there
So many hacks. I'm on a Fummins group on Facebook. For every 1 truck posted that looks like it might be done right. There are 15 trucks that have major execution flaws and hack.
Action Fab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2019, 05:38 PM   #3498 (permalink)

Member # 860424
I received my lt500 cylinder and piston today.
M92pv4u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2019, 07:03 PM   #3499 (permalink)

Member # 52361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Fab View Post
So many hacks. I'm on a Fummins group on Facebook. For every 1 truck posted that looks like it might be done right. There are 15 trucks that have major execution flaws and hack.
Yup, a former coworker bought a decent little ppump 5.9 bus from his previous employer, and had a bare bones v8 gas 2wd super duty he wanted swapped. He paid a shop, and gave them his good used Ford stuff to hack it all in there. When it was done, he had a bus intercooler, a non lockup, non od allison with 3.73s and little tires. I tried to get him to use a super duty cooling stack and a dodge tranny, but he was saving money

Mine were pretty utilitarian, but clean enough, and easy to service afterwards, but I had a buddy who built a 70s ford crew with the dodge core support, dash, hvac, entire wiring harness, everything, inside was like a factory new 96 dodge, underhood was like a cross between a show car and a restored truck that was never built. He didn't spend anymore money, just a shit load of time
PROJECTJUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2019, 07:44 PM   #3500 (permalink)

Member # 18282
Quote:
I received my lt500 cylinder and piston today.
Good on you for keeping a quadzilla going. Love love the stinkwheel!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in