useless things about your day you want others to know. gcc - Page 147 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2019, 06:43 PM   #3651 (permalink)
Pavement Challenged

Member # 73465
cuz the chinese ain't buying US scrap because of the tarrifs....

Quote:
This country is trying to childproof the world when they should be worldproofing their children.
71PA_Highboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2019, 06:53 PM   #3652 (permalink)

Member # 79509
Quote:
Originally Posted by [486] View Post
interesting, it was 50 bucks a ton a couple months ago when I hauled in a new beetle
wonder why it's so low
$2 a hundred (currently) is probably the cheapest I've ever seen it.

Which is fine, keeps the tweakers and hands less sticky. When it was $10, they were hauling anything they could get their paws on.
Old 07-16-2019, 07:59 PM   #3653 (permalink)

Member # 53453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy McChevy View Post
Some guy wants me to haul off 3 dead vehicles, just called 1 scrapyard I've taken them to before, 5 bucks a ton. Looks like his vehicles aren't getting hauled off by me.
Not that bad here, but it's not good either. I got $4.40 for an engine (dirty cast iron rate).

Still better than a kick in the nuts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DirtyComanche is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2019, 08:18 PM   #3654 (permalink)
No

Member # 106663
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyComanche View Post
Not that bad here, but it's not good either. I got $4.40 for an engine (dirty cast iron rate).

The kicker is I'm 80 miles and a couple Mtn passes away from scrapyards too. That's why I used to get lots of Junkers free, people didn't want to pay to get them hauled off.
Old 07-16-2019, 08:51 PM   #3655 (permalink)

Member # 11132
Put gregj50 on my ignore list, - dumber than bread, 'cause bread can actually do something, it can mold. Dunno how he could escape the abortion bucket.
[Hint: Stupid Meme postings].
----------4---------------4------|
---------------------------------|
--2---2-2---2---2-2---2-2---2---2|
The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands
Valhalla, I'm coming
XJUSA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2019, 09:28 PM   #3656 (permalink)

Member # 852732
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyComanche View Post

Is it less demand or stronger dollar? Monday I Hauled in 180lb of al cans .20 a lb, 150 miles east it's .40 a pound 🤔
Thatg9659 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2019, 04:10 AM   #3657 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 256962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Sheep View Post
$2 a hundred (currently) is probably the cheapest I've ever seen it.

Which is fine, keeps the tweakers and hands less sticky. When it was $10, they were hauling anything they could get their paws on.
Exactly. I have no problem with scrap being dirt cheap. It keeps more cool old stuff from being scrapped too.
arse_sidewards is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2019, 06:03 AM   #3658 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 78506
Walked into the house last night after Taco Tuesday it was 87 degrees inside. Went out back AC unit frozen solid. Went to store bought new thermostat.
Came home 2 hours later cleaned interior coils opened thermostat to install this one requires AAA batteries.. Gave up slept on the couch with window a/c unit running.
Old 07-17-2019, 07:13 AM   #3659 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 151139
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooheysmax View Post
Walked into the house last night after Taco Tuesday it was 87 degrees inside. Went out back AC unit frozen solid. Went to store bought new thermostat.
Came home 2 hours later cleaned interior coils opened thermostat to install this one requires AAA batteries.. Gave up slept on the couch with window a/c unit running.
It痴 low on Freon.
Old 07-17-2019, 08:27 AM   #3660 (permalink)
No

Member # 106663
That cheap place was in Colorado Springs. I just now called All Metal in Denver which is one of the biggest processors and they're at 105 a ton for complete cars as they came from the factory which is a new category to me, and they can't have extra metal thrown in, which I usually do. Then 60 to 90 a ton based on how stripped they are. So I'd make gas money plus a little, but since I'm working 6 days a week right now and would have to leave my regular job early and get less OT, not worth it either.
Old 07-17-2019, 08:39 AM   #3661 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 9144
Send a message via AIM to DozerDan
Met with the client this morning for the sign off, easiest transaction ever. We were done by 11am.

Spent the morning catching up on some work, then decided to walk up to Neuschwanstein Castle, did not do the tour, but wow is it impressive from the outside. Even better from the bridge behind it, and then 'maybe' from when I 'may or may not have' climbed up above the look out point

Def worth the walk, they say it is a 40 min walk, not sure what they base that on, but I did it in under 15 minutes, while drinking a beer and had a cig.

Fear is not an option!
DozerDan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2019, 05:16 PM   #3662 (permalink)

Member # 192237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy McChevy View Post
That cheap place was in Colorado Springs. I just now called All Metal in Denver which is one of the biggest processors and they're at 105 a ton for complete cars as they came from the factory which is a new category to me, and they can't have extra metal thrown in, which I usually do. Then 60 to 90 a ton based on how stripped they are. So I'd make gas money plus a little, but since I'm working 6 days a week right now and would have to leave my regular job early and get less OT, not worth it either.
cat's 60 bucks and up, motor's a quick sell at a hundred on craigslist, same with the trans
wheels and tires can either go with the car, or get a hundred if they're nice
gas you drain can be used, just run a water separator filter on it
if I had dirt of my own, I'd be doing partouts full time
[486] is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2019, 06:02 PM   #3663 (permalink)

Member # 176071
The wife has a 2015 Toyota Highlander Limited now for 5 years and 60,000 miles (of which I put at least two thirds on) and today I accidentally discovered it has a telescopic steering wheel, WTF? not sure how that feature evaded me for so long.
I asked the wife if she uses it and she asked what a telescopic wheel is.
Vinman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2019, 06:08 PM   #3664 (permalink)

Member # 860424
So here I am polishing my bumper when some guy walks up trying to sell solar. I told him he was wasting his time I'm not buying , he kept on. I'm not interested in buying solar from some guy just walking by my house now if he was selling a unreliable 4x4 truck on a 25 year payment plan...
Old 07-17-2019, 06:56 PM   #3665 (permalink)

Member # 192237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinman View Post
The wife has a 2015 Toyota Highlander Limited now for 5 years and 60,000 miles (of which I put at least two thirds on) and today I accidentally discovered it has a telescopic steering wheel, WTF? not sure how that feature evaded me for so long.
I complained about my mk4 golf having the steering wheel being mashed against the dash on another forum

someone was nice enough to point out that every one of that chassis type has a tilt and telescope column
my mind was blown
then I remembered that I'd noticed that a few years ago and had forgotten completely

Last edited by [486]; 07-17-2019 at 06:57 PM.
[486] is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2019, 09:42 PM   #3666 (permalink)

Member # 79509
Tried selling a 02 Dodge cummins 5spd 4x4 for cheap on FB/CL. Posted plenty of pics, said in ad to bring a trailer, beat to fuck ranch truck, etc.

After 24hrs of stupid fucking questions, lowballs, and wetbacks... I give up, drove it around back, and parked it next to the rest of the trucks on the tree line. I may get around to it someday, I may not, dont care now. I'm going to be that old man with a junkyard who wont sell to anyone.

I'm buying a 04 cummins tomorrow with my white privilege though. Guy was also tired of dumb questions and "I'll pay cash and have a trailer" was the winning comment.
Old 07-18-2019, 03:16 AM   #3667 (permalink)

Member # 85771
Quote:
Tried selling a 02 Dodge cummins 5spd 4x4 for cheap on FB/CL. Posted plenty of pics, said in ad to bring a trailer, beat to fuck ranch truck, etc.

After 24hrs of stupid fucking questions, lowballs, and wetbacks... I give up, drove it around back, and parked it next to the rest of the trucks on the tree line. I may get around to it someday, I may not, dont care now. I'm going to be that old man with a junkyard who wont sell to anyone.

I'm buying a 04 cummins tomorrow with my white privilege though. Guy was also tired of dumb questions and "I'll pay cash and have a trailer" was the winning comment.
Ill take it. How much. Pics?
Old 07-18-2019, 03:47 AM   #3668 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 101819
Man I知 having a rough go lately, I had to put my new puppy down early this morning. We believe he was born with a heart problem. He has been coughing do to fluid in his lungs for the past couple weeks. We tried everything to get him better, from antibiotics to steroids. Nothing seemed to help. He stayed over at the vet the last two nights, due to him getting weak. We brought him home yesterday so the kids could play with him one last time. He started to get really bad last night and I had to put him down. The little guy was having such a hard time breathing you could tell he was miserable.

Now I知 laying in bed miserable because I had to put my little buddy down and now have to tell my kids their puppy passed away.
Thepanzerfuhrer is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2019, 05:53 AM   #3669 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 123554
Quote:

Just tell people you池e going to fix it up someday if they inquire about buying it from now on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aggie06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2019, 06:56 AM   #3670 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 5587
Quote:

After 24hrs of stupid fucking questions, lowballs, and wetbacks...I give up
Same here last week. Had a Carter 2 sear go cart without a motor. It was already set up with a live straight axle and had working disc brakes and almost new tires. But paint job looked like hell. The Go Kart Dealer told me he would appraise it at $600 as is it he was selling it.

I put it up for $400, figured it would go quick. You can't buy used the aluminum wheels, suspension parts, seats, steering and brake parts that are on it for that if you were building your own frame.

I listed it as a father son project that would need a motor cv drive and complete teardown and repaint.
A week of insults and low ballng, I decided to clean it up myself and sell it minus the engine for double that.

Went to the Go Cart dealer for new brake pads and was telling of the idiots I was talking to. He said you want to sell it as is to me for that price? Well, Sure!

He picked it up after he closed the store. Cash in hand. He was happy to get it.

I got it free originally and it sat behind the shop for a year.

Now I can sell the 2 running, good looking, 2 seater buggies I have.
A 150cc automatic Hammerhead and a bigger framed 250cc shifter.

Just no time to play with them and my grandson would rather play minecraft. Crying shame they run like hell. They are just taking up space here.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeehaaaaaaaa
src="
border="0" alt="" title="flipoff2" class="inlineimg" />

Last edited by SSSRodeo; 07-18-2019 at 06:58 AM.
SSSRodeo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2019, 01:31 PM   #3671 (permalink)
BDK

Member # 295498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepanzerfuhrer View Post
Man I知 having a rough go lately, I had to put my new puppy down early this morning. We believe he was born with a heart problem. He has been coughing do to fluid in his lungs for the past couple weeks. We tried everything to get him better, from antibiotics to steroids. Nothing seemed to help. He stayed over at the vet the last two nights, due to him getting weak. We brought him home yesterday so the kids could play with him one last time. He started to get really bad last night and I had to put him down. The little guy was having such a hard time breathing you could tell he was miserable.

Now I知 laying in bed miserable because I had to put my little buddy down and now have to tell my kids their puppy passed away.
That just plain old sucks.

I have been fixing some rust issues on our horse trailer the past week. The manufacture didn't coat raw steel before covering it with a fiberglass nose cone and doing a poor sealing job. I removed the nose cone, removed the rust, repaired the steel, coated it with rust inhibitor primer and paint. I laid sealant all around the edges and attempted to reinstall the nose cone by myself. Major fail. It was only riveted in place on the back/top edge, and sealed to the front, I guess to keep a smooth look. It kept slipping on the sealant and falling off one side or the other, making a huge fucking mess. I ended up pulling it off and scraping off all the sealant before it completely dried, ruining my new paint job in the process. Got overheated and called it a day. All before 1PM.

Was on the phone for three hours before that trying to get a door bell camera thingie working. The first two technicians said it was my wireless router. The third technician said the other two before him had no idea what they were talking about and is sending me another camera.

But its not all bad, my 3.8 Atlas II is scheduled to be delivered today!
Old 07-18-2019, 02:54 PM   #3672 (permalink)

Member # 82607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepanzerfuhrer View Post

I am heartbroken for you and your family, It;s never easy but i don't like to see the animals suffer either. You did the right thing.
dave_dj1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2019, 06:59 AM   #3673 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 78506
On my Drive home yesterday I saw a Naked Man Standing on the sidewalk holding a bath towel staring at traffic while hundreds of cars passed by. I found 3 police cars a block down informed them the reply back from the officers was we just got the call. He didn't look fully amused by the idea of trying to detain a naked guy on a public street with 5pm rush hour traffic. I did consider returning to the scene to watch it unfold as I went back to my route Naked guy was still standing on sidewalk waving said towel over his head in the air.

Just found out that apparently Naked Guy spent several hours going in and out to the sidewalk during the day he was the topic of conversation at a local tool supply house earlier in the day so obviously neither department wants to handle him.

Last edited by tooheysmax; 07-19-2019 at 01:18 PM.
tooheysmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2019, 07:18 AM   #3674 (permalink)

Member # 96278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinman View Post
I check almost every car I drive for a telescopic wheel unless it fits me just right already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooheysmax View Post
On my Drive home yesterday I saw a Naked Man Standing on the sidewalk holding a bath towel staring at traffic while hundreds of cars passed by. I found 3 police cars a block down informed them the reply back from the officers was we just got the call. He didn't look fully amused by the idea of trying to detain a naked guy on a public street with 5pm rush hour traffic. I did consider returning to the scene to watch it unfold as I went back to my route Naked guy was still standing on sidewalk waving said towel over his head in the air.
No naked guys (sorry), but I left work yesterday and drove by the parking spots for the park by the river. It's a common end point for people tubing the river, so cars and college age kids and bikini chicks are common. Well yesterday I see a cruiser, and a cop and four or five kids all sort of looking at their shoes, and then in the middle sitting on the grass is some young kid, hands behind his back, bawling his eyes out. Oops.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:03 AM   #3675 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 5587
Well I know I'm a little long in details some times, but apparently the words "And, or Or" and a comma in spoken word are trigger words to INTERUPT!
My wife has gotten to where she constantly interrupts me halfway through my saying something to her so she can ask me about the very thing I'm trying to say to her.

That is all!

Yeehaaaaaaaa
src="
border="0" alt="" title="flipoff2" class="inlineimg" />
SSSRodeo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in