useless things about your day you want others to know. gcc - Page 150 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2019, 11:09 AM   #3726 (permalink)

Member # 361841
just used my ol ladys WJ to rescue my trailer out of a sketchy ass spot on my ranch, my 3B is still torn down and My dodge just got way to nice of a paint job to go in the 2 miles of overgrown roads.
Fuckin little 4.7 kicked ass though, mfer drug this little trailer out a big ol hole.
Old 07-23-2019, 11:16 AM   #3727 (permalink)

Member # 361841
Quote:
Originally Posted by abig84 View Post
I wish i had a tree line of old useless crap Iím never gonna fix. I grew up in a normal residential area and couldnt stock pile junk so pretty much had to scrap or sell everything i had once i was done with it. Looking at what parts are going for on 70s and 80s trucks i almost feel bad for all the stuff I throw out . But Iím sure this happens to every generation. I bet thereís a bunch of people who are kicking themselves for selling their 70s Dodge Challenger for $50 in the 80s

I did save a lot of random parts mostly drivetrain stuff, never saved any interior parts
Ive got trucks and cars all over my ranch, I just got another 68 k20 for free because a tenant left it and forfeited it. Think im up to 18-20 vehicles with a pink slip.
Old 07-23-2019, 02:19 PM   #3728 (permalink)

Member # 688970
San Antonio is nothing like I imagined. Other than the heat, it's quite nice.
santa V2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2019, 02:43 PM   #3729 (permalink)

Member # 137692
Quote:
Originally Posted by santa V2.0 View Post
You must be dehydrated and seeing a mirage
Old 07-23-2019, 03:31 PM   #3730 (permalink)

Member # 53453
Quote:
Early afternoon and you're already pickled. Good show old chap.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DirtyComanche is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2019, 03:52 PM   #3731 (permalink)

Member # 40450
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredycruger View Post
had to move pile of dirt so i could dig trench for power line to the new house

my old Gehl 3610 skidsteer had different idea

popped the chain on left side

flip the cab, pull the chain cover.

fuckaround to unjam the chain .assessed the situation and found
primary sprocket completely shit out the bearings ,and drive motor shaft has bad bearings as well

off to take it apart and find parts

Dude, you're post just gave me a nervous tic!

Same thing happened to our Gehl 4610 a few months ago. The bearing on the main sprocket was fawked and my Dad threw the chain right in the middle of our family's gas station just after our new tanks and concrete were installed. Luckily I could get to the master link on the chain, pulled it out, and drove the machine on the right wheels back to the garage (that was fun!). Nothing about working on those Gehl's is fun when you have to dig down into those chain compartments.

Just last week I replaced all of the bearings on the front/right wheel assembly, and had to tighten the axles up on the other 3. I love that machine when its working, but man, that thing is a pain in the ass to work on when its broken!

I assume you found the German-Bliss website to buy parts? They have treated me good the last 2 times I've needed stuff. Just beware, their website adds the parts quantity to the order as if you're replacing both sides. I made that mistake the first time around and they had it squared away pretty quick.
MDMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2019, 04:11 PM   #3732 (permalink)

Member # 688970
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyComanche View Post
Early afternoon and you're already pickled. Good show old chap.
Well, we are with the in laws.

But the former Pearl brewery was quite nice. And they showed us some nice parks too. Sure there are much nicer places, but it's not nearly as shitty as I thought it was going to be.
Old 07-23-2019, 06:04 PM   #3733 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 5587
Quote:
Well, we are with the in laws.

But the former Pearl brewery was quite nice. And they showed us some nice parks too. Sure there are much nicer places, but it's not nearly as shitty as I thought it was going to be.
Pack your credit card and go down to the river for dinner. If you go on a week night you might find a place to sit and eat. The river is always a nice place to vist around sundown.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeehaaaaaaaa
src="
border="0" alt="" title="flipoff2" class="inlineimg" />
SSSRodeo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2019, 07:33 PM   #3734 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 9144
Send a message via AIM to DozerDan
So we fried $20K worth of servo drives this morning. Long story short, delta vs wye, varying line to ground load. Our system did not take well to the delta set up.

Lots of WTF, still not certain why or what happened but the drives did not like it.

Now we have new drives showing up in the am, but have to tell the customer that we are not turning the system back on until it is resolved.

Should be fun.

I am just glad that for this install I had an electrician with me, as he made the call to power up. If it was me I could be in deep shit.

But i found a new beer I like. Founders 'Solid Gold'

So there is that.

Fear is not an option!
DozerDan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2019, 07:56 PM   #3735 (permalink)

Member # 109702
Question? Is Delta more suitable for motors and wye is more for everything else. More starting torque?
Old 07-23-2019, 08:09 PM   #3736 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 9144
Send a message via AIM to DozerDan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG-O View Post
Question? Is Delta more suitable for motors and wye is more for everything else. More starting torque?
No idea. From what I gather, a standard induction motor would not have cared. But our servo drive set up did not like it.

Delta is more prone for the line to ground to vary on one or more leg, wye it should remain constant. We think that is what went wrong.

Odd part is the leg to ground has been the norm 277v since it popped, but prior it was varying from 24v to 265v... huge swings. We thing there may be a paritial short some where on the bus bar/system. But nothing else seems affected.

Fear is not an option!
DozerDan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2019, 08:22 PM   #3737 (permalink)

Member # 688970
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSRodeo View Post
Pack your credit card and go down to the river for dinner. If you go on a week night you might find a place to sit and eat. The river is always a nice place to vist around sundown.
We are hitting the Alamo tomorrow and part of the riverwalk I guess. FIL has PT for his messed up knee so we will be on our own for most of the day, then they are meeting us for dinner.

And prices so far haven't seemed to out of whack with what we pay in SF, probably a little cheaper. We have not been thrifty and probably could have spent less going to Hawaii for a couple weeks for what we've spent on this road trip. But we have seen some amazing stuff we couldn't have in Hawaii.
Old 07-24-2019, 01:14 AM   #3738 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 5587
Quote:
We are hitting the Alamo tomorrow and part of the riverwalk I guess. FIL has PT for his messed up knee so we will be on our own for most of the day, then they are meeting us for dinner.

And prices so far haven't seemed to out of whack with what we pay in SF, probably a little cheaper. We have not been thrifty and probably could have spent less going to Hawaii for a couple weeks for what we've spent on this road trip. But we have seen some amazing stuff we couldn't have in Hawaii.
I like San Antonio. Son and his bride live there. She grew up there and speaks the language, so we know all the best places to eat with the best Mariachi bands. Personally I prefer live Baladas music. There's a great restaurant up on the North loop. I'll get the name for you if you want to go eat some real Mexican steaks and listen to good music while you're eating.

Son lives on the north side of town north of the loop, so the crime rate is lower up there. But we are always armed so we go pretty much where we want. JSYK, 90 % of all Texas are armed.

Hell, I like Hawaii too. Kauai is my favorite place to go play. Wife's Uncle has a home in Princetown and he just gives us the keys to his house and cars when we are there. So it's not that expensive for us.

But I like San Antonio better. Probably because it's easier to drive there.

Yeehaaaaaaaa
src="
Old 07-24-2019, 04:22 AM   #3739 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 13671
Quote:
There's a great restaurant up on the North loop.
Pappasitos maybe? I'll definitely recommend that place. Best tex-mex I've ever had.
45acp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2019, 04:33 AM   #3740 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 123554
Quote:

Mi Tierra Cafe y Panaderia is worth hitting up. Itís not far from downtown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aggie06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2019, 05:25 AM   #3741 (permalink)
today

Member # 225557
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDMIKE View Post
Dude, you're post just gave me a nervous tic!

Same thing happened to our Gehl 4610 a few months ago. The bearing on the main sprocket was fawked and my Dad threw the chain right in the middle of our family's gas station just after our new tanks and concrete were installed. Luckily I could get to the master link on the chain, pulled it out, and drove the machine on the right wheels back to the garage (that was fun!). Nothing about working on those Gehl's is fun when you have to dig down into those chain compartments.

Just last week I replaced all of the bearings on the front/right wheel assembly, and had to tighten the axles up on the other 3. I love that machine when its working, but man, that thing is a pain in the ass to work on when its broken!

I assume you found the German-Bliss website to buy parts? They have treated me good the last 2 times I've needed stuff. Just beware, their website adds the parts quantity to the order as if you're replacing both sides. I made that mistake the first time around and they had it squared away pretty quick.

lol i pulled the chain out so i could drag it into the shop
it was impossible to drive on one side

ordered parts on german bliss yesterday and i ordered parts for both sides
150$ with shipping

im worry that hydro motor will not last long as the sprocket/shaft had lot of play .
just matter of time till it start dumping fluid out

when i got the machine in 2014 previous owners replaced the wheel bearings i wonder if they over tightened the chains and wiped out that bearings .
gotta check the other side too
the chain compartment was dry, no oil in it
i wonder if i could fill it with grease instead

fredycruger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2019, 05:49 AM   #3742 (permalink)
Hophead

Member # 4829
Send a message via AIM to Joe_W
Quote:
We are hitting the Alamo tomorrow
make sure you get them to show you the basement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddin
The vagina doubles as a neat little fanny pack.
Joe_W is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2019, 05:52 AM   #3743 (permalink)
No

Member # 106663
Quote:

You going to hit a Whataburger so you can weigh in on the Burger debate? Personally I think those who think Whatas are the best lack good taste.
Old 07-24-2019, 06:19 AM   #3744 (permalink)

Member # 40450
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredycruger View Post

when i got the machine in 2014 previous owners replaced the wheel bearings i wonder if they over tightened the chains and wiped out that bearings .
gotta check the other side too
the chain compartment was dry, no oil in it
i wonder if i could fill it with grease instead
I had a hell of a time adjusting the big main sprocket on ours. It looked to me like both sides have a cams on them, and you have to get it just right. I could either get ours tight or super loose, there wasn't much in between.

Ours is filled with a substance that is half way between grease and gear oil. I'm not 100% sure what it is, but it stinks BAD!

Sidenote: Have you had to do a starter yet? On the 4610, you have to be a contortionist with monkey arms to get to all the hardware and I can assure you, I am the exact opposite of a contortionist with monkey arms.
MDMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2019, 06:59 AM   #3745 (permalink)

Member # 688970
Quote:
I like San Antonio. Son and his bride live there. She grew up there and speaks the language, so we know all the best places to eat with the best Mariachi bands. Personally I prefer live Baladas music. There's a great restaurant up on the North loop. I'll get the name for you if you want to go eat some real Mexican steaks and listen to good music while you're eating.

Son lives on the north side of town north of the loop, so the crime rate is lower up there. But we are always armed so we go pretty much where we want. JSYK, 90 % of all Texas are armed.

Hell, I like Hawaii too. Kauai is my favorite place to go play. Wife's Uncle has a home in Princetown and he just gives us the keys to his house and cars when we are there. So it's not that expensive for us.

We are in Shevano Park or some such. This is where FIL downsized to. Its gated, not to worried. I'm also on a 4000 mile road trip, so yeah, I didn't come empty handed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
Pappasitos maybe? I'll definitely recommend that place. Best tex-mex I've ever had.

We went to Los Barrios last night and I was disappointed. Wife said it's gone downhill since she was a kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_W View Post
make sure you get them to show you the basement
In guessing there isn't one judging by all the limestone around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy McChevy View Post
You going to hit a Whataburger so you can weigh in on the Burger debate? Personally I think those who think Whatas are the best lack good taste.
I keep thinking about it. Maybe on the way out to big bend. In laws have us pretty booked while in SA.
Old 07-24-2019, 07:02 AM   #3746 (permalink)

Member # 688970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie06 View Post
Mi Tierra Cafe y Panaderia is worth hitting up. Itís not far from downtown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If it's near where we end up we will try for lunch. Thanks
Old 07-24-2019, 08:36 AM   #3747 (permalink)
today

Member # 225557
Quote:
I had a hell of a time adjusting the big main sprocket on ours. It looked to me like both sides have a cams on them, and you have to get it just right. I could either get ours tight or super loose, there wasn't much in between.

Ours is filled with a substance that is half way between grease and gear oil. I'm not 100% sure what it is, but it stinks BAD!

Sidenote: Have you had to do a starter yet? On the 4610, you have to be a contortionist with monkey arms to get to all the hardware and I can assure you, I am the exact opposite of a contortionist with monkey arms.
havent done just starter but look like PITA

i had to put new engine in mine
when the old one ate bunch of dirt , that was fun...,from finding one to installing it.
my new engine came from asphalt crack sealing machine
those small isuzu 35QT are hard to find for Right price

couldn't Find the same engine size so i got one little smaller 3KC1 engine so some of the engine mounts didnt line up exactly but works.
old one was 1.4l new one 0.9L ...i feel the difference in power
that whole machine is ghetto rigged

fredycruger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2019, 09:02 AM   #3748 (permalink)

Member # 193950
Quote:
Perhaps its NLGI 00 or 000 grease (aka corn head grease or cotton picker spindle grease).
That is a flowable grease that will lubricate gearboxes, chains, etc.

Aaron Z
Old 07-24-2019, 05:36 PM   #3749 (permalink)

Member # 192237
Quote:
sometimes it is exactly that
dump in some gear oil and a fat wad of grease and let it chew up the grease into the oil

bam, nlgi number 0 without needing to argue with every parts counter jockey that yes there are different viscosities of grease
just gotta figure out how to make me some number 5 for sticking together needle bearings and shit
[486] is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2019, 06:34 PM   #3750 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 5587
Quote:

Sorry it took so lomg but I finally got the names of the two resturants in San Antonio I highly recommend.
The one in the North Loop with the cool band is "Palenque".
Then there is the one just east of downtown with the best fajitas called Rosario's.

Yeehaaaaaaaa
src="

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in