useless things about your day you want others to know. gcc - Page 165 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2019, 09:52 PM   #4101 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 72617
Quote:
Originally Posted by conwaymuddy View Post
I was wondering about this being the issue as well. More shit than I can fit into a day lately.
X2 On this shit... Rubber hoses are good for five years and they are toast. I had a rear hose act like a fucking check valve. It was fucking stupid slow letting pressure bleed off the rear axle.
Old 09-23-2019, 02:45 AM   #4102 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 17637
Quote:
Originally Posted by billdacat View Post
X2 On this shit... Rubber hoses are good for five years and they are toast. I had a rear hose act like a fucking check valve. It was fucking stupid slow letting pressure bleed off the rear axle.
I didn't know which end of the truck was doing it so I did all of the brakes, still dragged, replaced all of the hoses, still dragged, replaced the proportioning valve, still dragged, replaced the master cylinder, still dragged, replaced the proportioning valve again because it sprung a leak, success!

Yesterday, I made an ingot mold from some .120 steel and poured my first aluminum ingot.

I also killed Detlaff.

Old 09-23-2019, 02:53 AM   #4103 (permalink)

Member # 167070
Followed a bull moose on the way to work this am, dumb swamp donkey wouldn’t get out of the road.
BUCKLAND is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2019, 06:02 AM   #4104 (permalink)

Member # 192237
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepyj View Post
Yesterday, I made an ingot mold from some .120 steel and poured my first aluminum ingot.
pics of casting setup?
[486] is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2019, 06:18 AM   #4105 (permalink)

Member # 226216
Quote:
Originally Posted by rennat_2006 View Post
Those are great family rigs that are for the most part cheap and easy to fix. Shit in the last 8 years my wife has had a 02 Tahoe, 07 suburban, 99.5 extended cab pickup, 2000 Yukon, and a 08 ltz suburban for the last year. Should have never sold the Tahoe, the 07 burb was optioned stupid and got tired of making payments on it when it didn't have all of the nice features. Picked up the ext cab pickup for $1500 needing a transmission rebuild and she loved it until summer hit and the 2 fuck trophys in car seats in the back seat were always overheating because of no a/c vents back there. Sold it for $3500 and bought the fully loaded Yukon with 200k for $2000, drove it for a year or so and stumbled across the 08 ltz burb on c-list for $8k with 140k on it and a dead afm lifter. Replaced all the lifters and put a small aftermarket camshaft into it and got about a year out of it before it spun the #1 rod bearing from the past owner running it with the dead lifter so long with no oil pressure( I found 2 oil pressure sending units on top of the transmission when I pulled the engine). Just got it back together today actually from rebuilding the engine which the wife helped me tear out and she tore the engine down. Wife loves it and the 2 fuck trophys love it with hvac vents back there for them and the DVD screens. Even with replacing the lifters and then rebuilding the engine I'm still a few thousand ahead from buying a "good running" one with the same mileage on it.

I drive a 99.5 pickup and fucking love it. Just a PITA to shove the kids back there. Need to replace my AC compressor before next summer. Cant complain, bought it with 41,000 for 14k and it now has 319,000. Truck owes me nothing. Love me some substandard parts trucks. Kinda want to find a totaled 3/4 ton same vintage and have a 6.0/4l80 w/14 bolt sitting for when I need to do something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thefishguy77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2019, 06:44 AM   #4106 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 17637
Quote:
Originally Posted by [486] View Post
pics of casting setup?
Nothing special. Stuff I whipped up from a fire extinguisher, some Triumph 650 valves and bits of scrap. The foundry was some semi-meticulously stacked concrete patio pavers and a propane weed burner out in the fire pit. This was for proof of concept. Concept was that I could accomplish it without hurting myself.

I plan on building a proper foundry to fit a #8 clay/graphite crucible. Goal is to make a new cast iron yoke for an antique bell my mom gave me. I think with a proper enclosure, that weed burner will give me enough heat. Maybe not.

Attached Images

Last edited by jeepyj; 09-23-2019 at 09:48 AM.
jeepyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2019, 02:51 AM   #4107 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 17637
My new hat came yesterday.
Attached Images

Old 09-24-2019, 06:21 AM   #4108 (permalink)

Member # 4251
Quote:
I plan on building a proper foundry to fit a #8 clay/graphite crucible. Goal is to make a new cast iron yoke for an antique bell my mom gave me. I think with a proper enclosure, that weed burner will give me enough heat. Maybe not.

Weed burner is not likely to get you to steel melting temp. You can make a gas burner with black iron plumbing parts and a mig tip, though. Plenty of Net info on them.

Start HERE
Old 09-24-2019, 08:44 AM   #4109 (permalink)

Member # 79509
Quote:
My new hat came yesterday.
And I just ordered one. Thanks
Old 09-24-2019, 05:49 PM   #4110 (permalink)

Member # 188393
Swapped a new coil on my non-starting yardman today. P.o.s. still wouldnt start. Recheck everything, looks good, no start. Do some googling... hey let's unplug this green wire to the kill switch. Fired up first pull. Upside to being a shithead, the lawnmower got a needed tune up, downside, I get to shut it off by pulling the plug wire.
Old 09-24-2019, 06:05 PM   #4111 (permalink)

Member # 82607
Quote:
Swapped a new coil on my non-starting yardman today. P.o.s. still wouldnt start. Recheck everything, looks good, no start. Do some googling... hey let's unplug this green wire to the kill switch. Fired up first pull. Upside to being a shithead, the lawnmower got a needed tune up, downside, I get to shut it off by pulling the plug wire.
Orrrrrr...just plug the green wire back in when you want it to stall
dave_dj1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2019, 06:14 PM   #4112 (permalink)

Member # 860424
Quote:
Put a zip tie on the spark plug boot to avoid getting shocked or run the green wire to a toggle switch and then to the frame of the engine.
Old 09-24-2019, 06:42 PM   #4113 (permalink)

Member # 188393
Quote:
Originally Posted by M92pv4u
Put a zip tie on the spark plug boot to avoid getting shocked or run the green wire to a toggle switch and then to the frame of the engine.
This is the plan at some point when I have time. Run green to toggle, run from toggle to the connector on the coil, aaaand dont let idiots other than myself use mower
Old 09-24-2019, 07:58 PM   #4114 (permalink)

Member # 852732
Quote:
This is the plan at some point when I have time. Run green to toggle, run from toggle to the connector on the coil, aaaand dont let idiots other than myself use mower
Pull the boot and run a metal strap that you can ground the plug with. Ahh the good old days of wrap a rope start, sucked when it got snagged in the notch and actually started.
Thatg9659 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2019, 08:12 PM   #4115 (permalink)

Member # 688970
I am googling the best way to get from the Las Vegas airport to my hotel because I dont think I've ever flown and not been picked up or had a rental car waiting for me
santa V2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2019, 08:21 PM   #4116 (permalink)

Member # 178200
Quote:
Originally Posted by santa V2.0 View Post
I am googling the best way to get from the Las Vegas airport to my hotel because I dont think I've ever flown and not been picked up or had a rental car waiting for me
Uber
SLOWPOKE693 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2019, 08:24 PM   #4117 (permalink)

Member # 192237
Quote:
don't all the hotels have shuttle busses?
[486] is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2019, 08:27 PM   #4118 (permalink)

Member # 688970
Quote:
Originally Posted by [486] View Post
don't all the hotels have shuttle busses?
That's what I was thinking, but no, it is actually illegal for them to have their own shuttles. There are plenty of commercial shuttles that will take you for about $10.

Last edited by santa V2.0; 09-24-2019 at 08:28 PM.
Old 09-24-2019, 08:28 PM   #4119 (permalink)

Member # 226216
Banged together a quick small chicken coop to put the chicks in. Had an old dog house that fit the bill, found some chicken wire laying around and some scrap wood for a small run. I have about 3 weeks or so to finish a real run and move the other actual coop into place. Plan on eventually joining my 2 coops and runs together but that will probably be next spring after they are well used to each other. My original coop is full of fucking asshole with one hen that actually beats the fuck out of my rooster, like he has no tail feathers since he killed one of my original hens and he never goes after her.

Old 09-24-2019, 08:31 PM   #4120 (permalink)

Member # 67823
Back window in my 92 4runner stopped working. It clicks hard when I hit up, and lightly when I hit down. I'm gonna try swapping the wires and see if I can get it to go down with up and up with down...I just want to be able to work on it not crouched in the back fucking up my knees.
Old 09-24-2019, 08:49 PM   #4121 (permalink)
No

Member # 106663
Quote:

When I bought a GSA Auctions truck in Boulder City Nevada I flew into Vegas and rode the public transit bus to Boulder City. It took a while and I got to see the even shittier side of Las Vegas. That was the first time I rode a Public Transit bus in years and the last one too.
Old 09-24-2019, 11:02 PM   #4122 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 72617
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOWPOKE693 View Post
Uber
Vegas...You should plan on shitting $10 and $20's to make shit happen. I parked my pig 04TJ at Paris with the valet for two nights. Flipped the jockey a $20 and my bitch was parked out front of the hotel waiting for me when I checked out! Man I felt for the jockey that had to move that pig-pen. Four days of the Mohave trail sucking dust and shitting rocks.
Old 09-25-2019, 04:34 AM   #4123 (permalink)

Member # 59610
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefishguy77 View Post
Banged together a quick small chicken coop to put the chicks in. Had an old dog house that fit the bill, found some chicken wire laying around and some scrap wood for a small run. I have about 3 weeks or so to finish a real run and move the other actual coop into place. Plan on eventually joining my 2 coops and runs together but that will probably be next spring after they are well used to each other. My original coop is full of fucking asshole with one hen that actually beats the fuck out of my rooster, like he has no tail feathers since he killed one of my original hens and he never goes after her.

just kill the rooster, they are not needed
Old 09-25-2019, 07:11 AM   #4124 (permalink)

Member # 226216
useless things about your day you want others to know. gcc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeptj19992001 View Post
just kill the rooster, they are not needed

Well he does help make fertile eggs. So there is that...

And he has attempted to mix it up with a hawk. He would have died had the hawk had better judgment and not slammed into the wire fence but still a noble effort. That hawk was out on his feet and the fucking rooster was trying to give him the business through the fence. It was seriously some funny shit.

Last edited by thefishguy77; 09-25-2019 at 07:25 AM.
Old 09-26-2019, 08:25 PM   #4125 (permalink)

Member # 688970
I'm fawking pissed. Had an accident at work, going to get pounded on by the govt and all I really care about is my folks well being, yet all the regs say fuck them, answer our questions first. Then when I call to report, every mother fucker I talk to sounds annoyed that they might actually have to ask me some questions.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in