useless things about your day you want others to know. gcc - Page 166 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2019, 09:41 AM   #4126 (permalink)

Member # 96278
Quote:
Originally Posted by conwaymuddy View Post
This is the plan at some point when I have time. Run green to toggle, run from toggle to the connector on the coil, aaaand dont let idiots other than myself use mower
I remember I had a freebie mower that I disco'ed all the switches, and couldn't find a belt tension spring that wouldn't stretch out first time you stepped on the pedal. Had to jack it up to start it, push it off the block, jump on, and couldn't use the brakes. it was awesome!
Old 09-28-2019, 08:34 AM   #4127 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 101819
Stopped at the gas station to fill up lastnite in the c10. Had to add a little ps fluid as it was getting low. I just laughed when I popped the hood. Sad fuckit and continued on with my plans. Well she made it another 30 miles. $19 bucks for a new hose at oriellys and she’ll be back in business.
Attached Images

Thepanzerfuhrer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2019, 11:40 AM   #4128 (permalink)

Member # 688970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepanzerfuhrer View Post
Stopped at the gas station to fill up lastnite in the c10. Had to add a little ps fluid as it was getting low. I just laughed when I popped the hood. Sad fuckit and continued on with my plans. Well she made it another 30 miles. $19 bucks for a new hose at oriellys and she’ll be back in business.
That radiator hose is trying to eat your motor
santa V2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2019, 11:52 AM   #4129 (permalink)

Member # 777769
Clean that thing with a pressure washer. You might be able to see what’s about to break.
Rubirunner85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2019, 12:07 PM   #4130 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 101819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubirunner85 View Post
Clean that thing with a pressure washer. You might be able to see what’s about to break.
No sense I drive it around in the pit and it gets dirty immediately. It looks better dirty than clean lol
Thepanzerfuhrer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2019, 06:03 PM   #4131 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 72617
Fucking installed new fuel pump, and skid plate. Old plate was full of New Jersey mud and hand some nasty dents. Turned the key, bone empty; and didn't hear fuel pump. Followed the wiring harness back over the transfer case; fucking harness was rubbing on the CV joint. One or two wires were severed; I will hump this bitch tomorrow morning.
Noticed some serious body rot that needs attention. My junk has over 250k on the clock; a used TJ for under 10K would be really nice.
Old 09-28-2019, 08:43 PM   #4132 (permalink)

Member # 226216
We have a learning Co-Op in town for the local kids. They had a stand at the farmers market to help raise funds for the school. So about 2 hours in a local from the visitors center come across the street to the market trying to keep a straight face and asked the following question. "I have a hunter in there asking where to hunt. He says he's military and a good shot. Where do I send him." Of course she got no answer, but I was left with many questions.
#1 - Did he actually think thats how you find a hunting spot?
2 - It muzzleloader season, so how far of shot does he think he's going to take?
3 - Most of all. How old is he if he trained with a muzzleloader in the military?
thefishguy77 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2019, 08:46 PM   #4133 (permalink)

Member # 226216
Quote:
Originally Posted by santa V2.0 View Post
That radiator hose is trying to eat your motor
fuck you I can't unsee that.
thefishguy77 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2019, 09:14 PM   #4134 (permalink)

Member # 67823
Peeled the back of my 4runner apart today to see wtf is up with the rear window. Relay clicks strong for up, lightly for down. Swapped the wires and it goes down no problem, won't go back up. Ok. I'll look at a price for a new relay pack.
$800 on rockauto. Fuck me. Ebay it is for $60.
Figured out my exhaust leak too, there is a 3/8" gap between the weather stripping and the body on the back hatch. I'm gonna clean it up and put some foam tape in there. Its gonna smell way better!
Old 09-28-2019, 10:01 PM   #4135 (permalink)

Member # 777769
Quote:
Originally Posted by squamch View Post
Peeled the back of my 4runner apart today to see wtf is up with the rear window. Relay clicks strong for up, lightly for down. Swapped the wires and it goes down no problem, won't go back up. Ok. I'll look at a price for a new relay pack.
$800 on rockauto. Fuck me. Ebay it is for $60.
Figured out my exhaust leak too, there is a 3/8" gap between the weather stripping and the body on the back hatch. I'm gonna clean it up and put some foam tape in there. Its gonna smell way better!
https://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTr...arWindow.shtml

Find that in a junk yard or open it up and fix it.
Old 09-29-2019, 12:57 AM   #4136 (permalink)

Member # 688970
I am in Vegas for a conference. Oh my lord has it changed since I was here last almost 25 years ago. I am WAY out of my element. I dont see a normal slot machine anywhere and the poker tables are packed. At least my room number kicks ass. 1776
Old 09-29-2019, 08:40 AM   #4137 (permalink)

Member # 67823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubirunner85 View Post
https://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTr...arWindow.shtml

Find that in a junk yard or open it up and fix it.
Already opened it up, it's a 92 though, which none of his stuff matches up to. I bought a junkyard one off ebay, since my local yards are all weekday 8-5 hours.
Old 09-29-2019, 10:28 AM   #4138 (permalink)

Member # 777769
Quote:
Originally Posted by squamch View Post
Already opened it up, it's a 92 though, which none of his stuff matches up to. I bought a junkyard one off ebay, since my local yards are all weekday 8-5 hours.
Copy. I never got the opportunity to play with a second gen inoperable rear window. I would assume it would be the same, minus the removable top safety switch.
Old 09-29-2019, 01:13 PM   #4139 (permalink)

Member # 3239
Send a message via AIM to Brad Send a message via Yahoo to Brad
Ordered just short of $500 on McMaster on the companies account. All for the shop and the boats. Still odd just ordering what I need without approval(unless it’s over $1k)

The cheap ass in me was hesitant to spend $30 on a single carbide burr for Aluminum

Last edited by Brad; 09-29-2019 at 01:15 PM.
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2019, 02:29 PM   #4140 (permalink)

Member # 192237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Ordered just short of $500 on McMaster on the companies account. All for the shop and the boats. Still odd just ordering what I need without approval(unless it’s over $1k)

The cheap ass in me was hesitant to spend $30 on a single carbide burr for Aluminum
I feel you there.
Boss says "just order the damn thing, quit wasting my time trying to save a dollar" Suppose that's why he's running the place and I'm working for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by santa V2.0 View Post
I dont see a normal slot machine anywhere and the poker tables are packed.
Yeah, they're these wierd videogame machines. Just seems... less honest somehow to me than a mechanized thing. Either way you're putting money in in order to get less back out so I suppose it doesn't matter how it is done.
[486] is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2019, 02:34 PM   #4141 (permalink)

Member # 688970
Quote:
Originally Posted by [486] View Post
:

Yeah, they're these wierd videogame machines. Just seems... less honest somehow to me than a mechanized thing. Either way you're putting money in in order to get less back out so I suppose it doesn't matter how it is done.
And the first person to start a conversation with me is a guy I didn't hire last year. He seemed a little butthurt, makes me even more glad I didn't hire him
Old 09-29-2019, 02:45 PM   #4142 (permalink)

Member # 188393
Woke up at 4 to go duck hunting. Thought I heard sirens which is pretty rare out here. Look out the kitchen window and see flashing lights, road was blocked to the few cars coming down at that hour. Squads and firetrucks, dont know what happened but a car got hauled off 5 hours later. Saw one lousy mallard hen all morning, she got a pass, just like the 3 woodie hens yesterday. Replaced the brake hoses on the Colorado yesterday hoping it would fix the dragging front caliper, it did not.

Stupid weekend
Old 09-29-2019, 07:52 PM   #4143 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 9144
Send a message via AIM to DozerDan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post

Our company structure is such that by my title I am limited to $1,000 wo approval. Which is annoying, because part of my job/title also requires me to order items upwards of $10,000 fairly often.

Hell I wonder if they are going to flag the $1,000 I just put on the card for the hotel I am staying in for the week. Kinda waiting to max the card out, I know it is going to happen sooner or later with as much as I have been traveling. Pretty sure it is a $5,000 limit

Fear is not an option!
DozerDan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2019, 08:01 PM   #4144 (permalink)

Member # 79509
Bought a 2013 f150 for a client. Im really trying to like the truck, but I cant. I'd never want to own one.

The auto feels like a rubber band trans. Too much nanny shit in a basic XLT. Way, way too much plastic shit that clips together. Apparently all the driver seat wears out in 100k. The short bitch bed is useless.

Pros- 5.0 has decent power unloaded. The rear electric locker is cool.
Old 10-07-2019, 01:21 PM   #4145 (permalink)

Member # 181491
My driveway is a few 100 feet long.
I do not have room to turn around when I have my trailer attached so I have to back out, no big deal I do it a few times a week.
Well yesterday I was backing out going around a little curve I have on the driveway. I have a truck I bought to resell parked over to the side.
Car trailers do suck backing up as they sit low and are hard to see.
I lost site of it for a second and instead of proceeding with caution I just 'sent it' - right into the bumper of the truck.
Fuck me! I've have never hit anything before, not even while delivering firewood
Ordered a new bumper for it today and will have to have it painted. Damn truck was super nice, no paint issues on it at all.
Really pissed that I did that.
crispins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2019, 02:08 PM   #4146 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 13671
https://www.harborfreight.com/magnet...kit-69778.html

Stick those on the fenders. I have a lowrider car hauler that can't be seen when empty unless the tailgate is down.
45acp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2019, 02:11 PM   #4147 (permalink)

Member # 181491
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post

Stick those on the fenders. I have a lowrider car hauler that can't be seen when empty unless the tailgate is down.
Heck yea! I had seen those before but never thought to use them like that.

I'll pick up a set, thanks man!
Old 10-10-2019, 07:22 AM   #4148 (permalink)

Member # 82607
I heard through the grapevine that my BIL was selling his matching numbers 69 Z28 Camaro that he is the second owner of. I just heard from my nephew that it is indeed going to NC but not sold, it's gone to be fixed up. It's about time!
I found the car in a garage about 3 miles from my house. It took my BIL about 2 years to buy it. At that time it had been in the guys garage for 15 years. My brother in law has owned it for about 10 years, garaged the entire time. The body on the car is extremely nice, we never fired it as the carb is missing but I'm sure every rubber component needs to be replaced at this point. I can't wait until it's back on the road
dave_dj1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2019, 07:27 AM   #4149 (permalink)

Member # 157355
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post

short trailers are a bitch.... that is all.

Any clown can wrangle a 16 footer but an 8x5 takes a man.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:32 AM   #4150 (permalink)

Member # 181491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeman View Post
short trailers are a bitch.... that is all.

Any clown can wrangle a 16 footer but an 8x5 takes a man.
True shit.

I have a small box popup camper.

I feel like celebrating if I can back it up for more then 10 feet without it jack-knifing. lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in