useless things about your day you want others to know. gcc - Page 233 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2020, 05:27 PM   #5801 (permalink)

Member # 86724
Quote:
Originally Posted by [486] View Post
hahaha
it is a ford escape
just let it die
it needs ball joints and everything else, and the subframe is rusted through in the rf corner next to the CV axle
lol.
that's the same shit my brother said.

I'm trying to pull it out the top like the youtube told me I could so I could avoid doing the entire passenger side suspension and brake line, cause I am no touching any of that fucking shit.

it's loose. I quit after an hour of trying to extract up up the firewall.

very close.
just have to find the right angle of the dangle.
Old 02-22-2020, 09:33 PM   #5802 (permalink)

Member # 80349
Having a fucked up week. Got a shitty ass raise at work. The damn k2500 still won't start. Something is clunking and popping on the 4runner and I can't dig in and fix it till I get the gmc running as backup vehicle to get to work. I ordered a heated jacket on Amazon for my tiny girlfriend who is always freezing and it didn't come with a battery or charger. Amazon sent another which did not come with them either. They sent a third one, which of course didn't come with a battery and charger. Amazon has been awesome with this but the seller is is asking for my phone number to arrange for a shipment of the battery and charger.....but I can't hear on the damn phone. They been emailing me so why do they need to call?

Stupid little shit things but it is irritating.

Last edited by muddeprived; 02-22-2020 at 09:39 PM.
muddeprived is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2020, 06:40 AM   #5803 (permalink)

Member # 192237
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87manche View Post
lol.
that's the same shit my brother said.

I'm trying to pull it out the top like the youtube told me I could so I could avoid doing the entire passenger side suspension and brake line, cause I am no touching any of that fucking shit.

it's loose. I quit after an hour of trying to extract up up the firewall.

very close.
just have to find the right angle of the dangle.
iirc it comes out the bottom without much hassle
def no brake hydraulics coming apart
might have to pull the right axle carrier bearing mount and stuff a scissor jack against the oil pan to get the motor moved over enough
[486] is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2020, 08:01 AM   #5804 (permalink)

Member # 86724
maybe I try just dropping the carrier bearing and trying to squeeze it out.

I do not want to drop this knuckle like the book says.
Old 02-23-2020, 10:23 AM   #5805 (permalink)

Member # 79509
The woman and I spent all week looking at houses/property.

I cannot trust 99% of people who say they have a "shop". Nobody understands the concept of a drive through, ceiling was too low, dumbest position/location on the property. One had the septic field between the main drive and shop, what the actual fuck. And why can't a motherfucker make a strait driveway. Every single drive feels the needs to swoop left and right for no reason, with a slab wide enough for a model T. I'm up to about 20 hard no and 1 meh.

Bright side it was a good experience to show the woman what I need. It went from "but I like xyz, can we just take a look?" to "yeah, that's dumb". Nothing about this whole experience is exciting to me, but she is plum giddy about it. We're now down to just find a halfass decent house on 5+ acres, hoping some dipshit didnt make any improvements that I would to have to tear down.

My other problem is bad math. So the raw land is $100k, that's a $200k house on a good day, you want $400k why now? Nah, it makes no sense why it's been on the market for 9 months.

Last edited by Black Sheep; 02-23-2020 at 10:26 AM.
Black Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2020, 10:27 AM   #5806 (permalink)
No

Member # 106663
Well a new AC Delco Knock sensor and connector end from Rock Auto and the code 43 finally stayed off.
Filthy McChevy is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2020, 11:25 AM   #5807 (permalink)

Member # 86724
escape update.

pirate has made me realize that I'm not working on anything that anyone gives a fuck about.
so the grinder came out and metal was made to not be in the way on the firewall.

It's just the plenum for the HVAC intake, so some foil tape will seal it back up.

fucking done.

should have reverted back to type last night and just gotten out the death wheel.

full hack mechanic.
Old 02-23-2020, 12:32 PM   #5808 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 123554
useless things about your day you want others to know. gcc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Sheep View Post
The woman and I spent all week looking at houses/property.

I cannot trust 99% of people who say they have a "shop". Nobody understands the concept of a drive through, ceiling was too low, dumbest position/location on the property. One had the septic field between the main drive and shop, what the actual fuck. And why can't a motherfucker make a strait driveway. Every single drive feels the needs to swoop left and right for no reason, with a slab wide enough for a model T. I'm up to about 20 hard no and 1 meh.

Bright side it was a good experience to show the woman what I need. It went from "but I like xyz, can we just take a look?" to "yeah, that's dumb". Nothing about this whole experience is exciting to me, but she is plum giddy about it. We're now down to just find a halfass decent house on 5+ acres, hoping some dipshit didnt make any improvements that I would to have to tear down.

My other problem is bad math. So the raw land is $100k, that's a $200k house on a good day, you want $400k why now? Nah, it makes no sense why it's been on the market for 9 months.

Good luck, itís a awful process. My wife and I looked at well over 40 homes before buying our current one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Aggie06; 02-23-2020 at 12:32 PM.
Aggie06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2020, 01:34 PM   #5809 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 256962
If anyone knows a good trick for getting gear oil out of a trunk carpet I'm all ears. Washing it in the sink didn't do shit except leave a pink cat in the hat ring (which came out easily with brake cleaner, yes I did laundry afterwards and it smells fine).

Edit: Like this but in my washing machine.
Attached Images

Last edited by arse_sidewards; 02-24-2020 at 05:10 AM.
arse_sidewards is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2020, 01:58 PM   #5810 (permalink)

Member # 193950
Quote:
Originally Posted by arse_sidewards View Post
If anyone knows a good trick for getting gear oil out of a trunk carpet I'm all ears. Washing it in the sink didn't do shit except leave a pink cat in the hat ring.
Take it out, take it to the carwash and spend $15 in quarters?
Might scrub in Dawn dish soap with a brush first as a presoak.

Aaron Z
Old 02-23-2020, 02:06 PM   #5811 (permalink)

Member # 53528
soak it in full strength simple green let it sit for more than a day, reapply if it starts drying
rockyota83 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2020, 02:08 PM   #5812 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 101819
Quote:
If anyone knows a good trick for getting gear oil out of a trunk carpet I'm all ears. Washing it in the sink didn't do shit except leave a pink cat in the hat ring.
This is what you get when you take a car to pick parts at the junkyard.
Thepanzerfuhrer is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2020, 02:13 PM   #5813 (permalink)

Member # 79509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie06 View Post
Good luck, itís a awful process. My wife and I looked at well over 40 homes before buying our current one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I fucking hate realtors than I ever did before. The selling agent knows jack shit, the buyers agent has their head their ass. Playing telephone through multiple people doesn't get the point across. I'm used to making people show their cards face to face, this whole process is bullshit.
Old 02-23-2020, 03:15 PM   #5814 (permalink)

Member # 86724
Quote:
fire.

seriously.
it never goes away.
Old 02-23-2020, 03:33 PM   #5815 (permalink)

Member # 40450
Quote:
I fucking hate realtors than I ever did before. The selling agent knows jack shit, the buyers agent has their head their ass. Playing telephone through multiple people doesn't get the point across. I'm used to making people show their cards face to face, this whole process is bullshit.
I bought my house 19 years ago, and the whole realtor experience still gets my blood pressure up every time I think about it.

We signed on with (what we thought at the time) was a decent/hard working realtor. She showed us every house on the MLS and got us into 1 or 2 that weren't even listed yet. After the first 2 or 3 places, every house was, "Oh my God, I NEED to tell my Husband about this place, its goorrrgeous!", "All you need to do is XYZ (to the tune of $100k) to make it exactly the way you want!!!!", or "We need to go NOW or this place is going to sell before we get there!!!!"

We gave her the boot, and 2 days later got a voicemail from a random realtor in town about my current place. "Go take a look at :insertaddress: and let me know if you'd like to take a look inside". We fell in love immediately and have been happy ever since. There was no bullshit and I would like to think realtor v2.0 made a decent chunk of change from a simple phone call, a little bit of research, and a no pressure attitude.
MDMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2020, 03:49 PM   #5816 (permalink)

Member # 52361
Quote:
The woman and I spent all week looking at houses

I cannot trust 99% of people who say they have a "shop"
This will probably keep me and my gf from living together. She's good with $, and has her own, but I'm unwilling to take on even half a mortgage without the room/ plan/ lack of HOA for a shop. She thinks she gets it, but shows me mc mansions in HOA neighborhoods with a 3 car garage. Nope. So I point out all the nice shops on back roads when we travel.
That's a nice shop
That's a nice shop
That's a nice shop
That's a nice shop
That's a nice shop
That's a fire station
Yeah, but....
PROJECTJUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2020, 04:12 PM   #5817 (permalink)
Pavement Challenged

Member # 73465
Quote:
Pussy.

I am looking at anything between Yadkinville, Mocksville, Lexington, Highpoint and Tobaccoville. (New job in WS)

I have see 50 plus houses over the last 2.5 months looking for a house with a shop. I mean real shop, 2500+ Sq ft. I have found 1 with 1600 Sq ft that was worth a damn and it needed a new roof on a $300K+ listing price.

I keep telling the agent, 1600-1800 sq ft house with BIG shop and they have no fucking clue.

Started looking at land and a Barndominium as an alternate.

Quote:
This country is trying to childproof the world when they should be worldproofing their children.
71PA_Highboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2020, 04:24 PM   #5818 (permalink)

Member # 53528
you guys having trouble finding the right house to buy ever stop to think maybe what you want to buy isnt for sale?
rockyota83 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2020, 04:33 PM   #5819 (permalink)
E. Spengler

Member # 206384
Quote:
OxiClean, stiff brush, car wash sprayer. That shit is some STRONG soap.
Subybaja is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2020, 04:37 PM   #5820 (permalink)

Member # 3239
I gauranfuckingtee that the conversation I had with my buddy was one of the strangest Iíve ever had. It was a mix between thinking he was joining a cult, becoming a cult leader, starting his own church after buying property in AZ and he is our lord and savior and all the jobs heís had have prepared him for this next step(hydro, solar, etc). Oh and that the corona virus is the next plague meant to teach everyone a lesson. Nothing happens for a reason, itís all gods plan, etc.

No
Iím not buying a trailer/RV/camper
Iím not moving to AZ to live until this whole corona virus thing ďblows overĒ

I sat there for an hour straight with him talking/explaining how this way of thinking all came to him realizing heís a savior...or something.
It was difficult
Old 02-23-2020, 05:01 PM   #5821 (permalink)

Member # 777769
Quote:
A heated pressure washer and dawn. It wonít be quick.
Old 02-23-2020, 05:02 PM   #5822 (permalink)

Member # 777769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subybaja View Post
OxiClean, stiff brush, car wash sprayer. That shit is some STRONG soap.
I think that when Iím looking for a girl. Then I lower my standards.
Old 02-23-2020, 05:10 PM   #5823 (permalink)

Member # 193950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubirunner85 View Post
A heated pressure washer and dawn. It wonít be quick.
Probbaly be faster/easier to get another carpet from the local pick and pull...

Aaron Z
Old 02-23-2020, 05:17 PM   #5824 (permalink)

Member # 53453
Quote:
Not sure how big it is but if you put it in a rubbermaid tub half full of Jet A and let 'er soak for a while you'll never know it had gear oil in it. If it's too big for that you might need an open top drum.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DirtyComanche is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2020, 05:21 PM   #5825 (permalink)

Member # 777769
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyComanche View Post
Not sure how big it is but if you put it in a rubbermaid tub half full of Jet A and let 'er soak for a while you'll never know it had gear oil in it. If it's too big for that you might need an open top drum.
How much does jet a cost? Itís that kerosene?

A junk yard one will still be dirty but isnít likely to have gear oil on it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in