useless things about your day you want others to know. gcc - Page 235 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2020, 07:04 AM   #5851 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 860424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy McChevy View Post
My Warrior 350 chain couldn't be adjusted anymore and it turned out it needed a new axle housing. Got a used one off ebay for around 100 bucks. When it threw the chain before that it broke a hole in the crankcase. JBWeld to the rescue. When I put it all back together it still threw the chain a few times so I cut a tensioner off an old XR500 Frame I got out of a scrap pile and put a skateboard wheel on the tensioner and welded it onto the warrior.

Chain has not popped off once since then.
The bearing housing is 2-3 hundred on Ebay im probably going to order the bearings take it apart and see if it needs anything else. Mine had the case saver so nothing else got broke.
Old 02-24-2020, 07:22 AM   #5852 (permalink)
No

Member # 106663
The Warrior had a stupid extra ridge cast into the case that goes around the front of the sprocket and chain. Totally unnecessary casting that basically insured that the chain would break it off. Dumbass engineer that designed that needs a kick in the nads.
Filthy McChevy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2020, 08:03 AM   #5853 (permalink)
today

Member # 225557
Quote:
Originally Posted by crispins View Post
Congrats and nice cars!
thanks man
fredycruger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2020, 10:45 AM   #5854 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 13671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Sheep View Post
The woman and I spent all week looking at houses/property.

I cannot trust 99% of people who say they have a "shop". Nobody understands the concept of a drive through, ceiling was too low, dumbest position/location on the property. One had the septic field between the main drive and shop, what the actual fuck. And why can't a motherfucker make a strait driveway. Every single drive feels the needs to swoop left and right for no reason, with a slab wide enough for a model T. I'm up to about 20 hard no and 1 meh.

Bright side it was a good experience to show the woman what I need. It went from "but I like xyz, can we just take a look?" to "yeah, that's dumb". Nothing about this whole experience is exciting to me, but she is plum giddy about it. We're now down to just find a halfass decent house on 5+ acres, hoping some dipshit didnt make any improvements that I would to have to tear down.

My other problem is bad math. So the raw land is $100k, that's a $200k house on a good day, you want $400k why now? Nah, it makes no sense why it's been on the market for 9 months.
You're looking for a needle in a haystack. The type of people that have a decent house with a hangar out back are the type of people that aren't moving/ selling/ going anywhere.

You gotta suck it up and

A- find a house you like on some land, and have $$$ left over to build the shop you want

B- find a house you like with a crappy little shop, build another shop, and have one for parking and storage and the other for working on shit
45acp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2020, 10:53 AM   #5855 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 66684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Sheep View Post
She had set up to look at a few properties and the realtor would go add on a couple more that just happened to be nearby. Now that we have a baseline and general understanding, I'm not leaving the couch without google earth, tax records, etc in hand. A few had a HOA that didnt allow livestock on several acre tracts. It was a surprise at every turn.

One place had a drive through 30x40 shop, but it was on the property line. Something pics didnt show. I'd be lucky to make the turn on a riding mower. I'm to the point to where all places with a shop are immediately thrown out. Somehow a $20k mueller building is a $50k addition. I'll just build it myself.

Try searching google for stuff other then mls. Lookup "airport for sale" , "airstrip" , or home with airplane hanger.

Sometimes random homes are on loopnet or commercial websites.
2big bronco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2020, 11:16 AM   #5856 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 230823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy McChevy View Post
My Warrior 350 chain couldn't be adjusted anymore and it turned out it needed a new axle housing. Got a used one off ebay for around 100 bucks. When it threw the chain before that it broke a hole in the crankcase. JBWeld to the rescue. When I put it all back together it still threw the chain a few times so I cut a tensioner off an old XR500 Frame I got out of a scrap pile and put a skateboard wheel on the tensioner and welded it onto the warrior.

Chain has not popped off once since then.
Mine broke a hole in the case too. I just ran a 3/8 or 1/2” NPT tap through it and put in a plug.
Twankie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2020, 01:15 PM   #5857 (permalink)

Member # 79509
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2big bronco View Post
Try searching google for stuff other then mls. Lookup "airport for sale" , "airstrip" , or home with airplane hanger.

Sometimes random homes are on loopnet or commercial websites.
That has crossed my mind. In the area I'm looking there's two (smallish) airports. No private that I'm aware of.

I can be anywhere in central is texas with my business. I just need to be within 30min of the Texas A&M vet hospital for the woman. Trying like hell to not be east of hwy 6 and not be surrounded by mobile homes.

Definitely not a forever home. But, I need a shop to operate and I'm not paying for two properties.
Old 02-24-2020, 05:03 PM   #5858 (permalink)

Member # 192237
so retard lube guy overfills the shit outta some shit subaru with customer supplied 0w20 GOOD GOD AMSOIL (why is it only the shittiest of rotboxes have amsoil stickers on them?)
anyways, customer comes back mad and idiot kid has gone home already so I'm stuck trying to catch some of the 7 qt that's in there at turkey fryer temperatures with a gallon jug
of course I drop the drain plug, and it's a subaru so the drain plug is this fucking xboxhueg M20 thread flowing about a hundred gpm of boiling pain
what do I do but stuff a finger in it and shout for someone else to grab the plug off the floor for me
one finger is getting pretty painful so I swap hands
someone finally comes over, other finger's hurting, ran out of hands so switch fingers on the same hand, by now it's dripping down my wrist and soaking into my jacket
finally get the plug fuckulated back in there with more splashing around, sprint over to the sink and stuff my arms under some cold water

at no point did it occur to me to just let the shit drain into the drainpan, fuck your $20/qt snakeoil it ain't worth the skin peeling off my fingers

sometimes I wonder why I actively fuck myself over for others' gain

Last edited by [486]; 02-24-2020 at 05:04 PM.
[486] is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2020, 05:41 PM   #5859 (permalink)

Member # 133009
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
You're looking for a needle in a haystack. The type of people that have a decent house with a hangar out back are the type of people that aren't moving/ selling/ going anywhere.

You gotta suck it up and

A- find a house you like on some land, and have $$$ left over to build the shop you want

B- find a house you like with a crappy little shop, build another shop, and have one for parking and storage and the other for working on shit

That's a fact. I'm going through it now, we've only pushed our closing date back twice so far. Ended up going the route of finding a house on an acre and having the money to build a shop. City code won't allow it to be tall enough for a lift, but that's one of those compromises that must be made. Unfortunately we both work downtown and aren't going to commute 45+ each, so we're staying in the city. Memphis is weird because downtown is off in a corner, it's not like you have a 360 degree radius of potential property to look at. The remaining degrees are full of hoodrats so you've got to be picky

Luckily our realtor is pretty awesome. She's about my age (30), is from here/knows the area, and she's pretty good to look at. Most importantly, she's not the least bit afraid to call out bullshit

Last edited by DirtRoads; 02-24-2020 at 05:42 PM.
DirtRoads is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2020, 05:51 PM   #5860 (permalink)

Member # 82607
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredycruger View Post
Just had a baby boy last monday 8.09 Lb. 21"

Me and my buddy took the cars for little cruise yesterday,
he just finished his Chevelle, 8 years long project

Sleep is overrated haha
Yes, congrats and nice cars!
dave_dj1 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2020, 08:41 AM   #5861 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 5587
My youngest grandson and his dog.
Showing Mom they can both hold their heads up.
Logan is 9 weeks old. The surprising part is he was on his back when she left the room for 10 seconds and he either rolled over on his own, or the dog helped him. Those two are going to be a handful.
Attached Images

SSSRodeo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2020, 10:45 AM   #5862 (permalink)

Member # 3239
Tempted to sleep with both my phones(1 work, 1 personal)on silent. Work one stays on silent and in the bedroom sun-Tuesday night. Fucking spamming POS’ woke me up this morning. As I was trying to fall back asleep I get a group(my shift, wed-sat swing) text asking if anyone wants to take a shift Sunday. And then a few more about 10 mins later with guys responding. Well I’m fucking awake after that
Nice way to start my day
Old 02-26-2020, 10:52 AM   #5863 (permalink)

Member # 86724
you can schedule quiet time.

that way only alarms make noise and you don't forget to take them off silent.
easy solution.
look under the do not disturb settings for rules.
Old 02-27-2020, 04:40 PM   #5864 (permalink)

Member # 361841
lost one of my trailer ramps so i built a new one for a grand total of $40, picking up a bagged 68 c10 on saturday so ill need the ramps

Old 02-27-2020, 04:47 PM   #5865 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 101819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster831 View Post
lost one of my trailer ramps so i built a new one for a grand total of $40, picking up a bagged 68 c10 on saturday so ill need the ramps

C10 pics please
Thepanzerfuhrer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2020, 04:53 PM   #5866 (permalink)

Member # 361841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepanzerfuhrer View Post
C10 pics please
not for me i have to many projects right now sadly, helping a buddy out to get it home.

Old 02-27-2020, 06:09 PM   #5867 (permalink)

Member # 777769
My first dog. Silver lab pup. So far I love this job, everything about it.

multiple picture upload
Old 02-27-2020, 06:43 PM   #5868 (permalink)

Member # 199544
Quote:
Congratulations

Big boy, howsa wife doing
det107 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2020, 04:50 AM   #5869 (permalink)
today

Member # 225557
Quote:
Originally Posted by det107 View Post
Congratulations

Big boy, howsa wife doing
Thanks man

She's doing good, walking fine lol
fredycruger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2020, 06:03 AM   #5870 (permalink)

Member # 167070
Congratulations, mine just turned 10.
BUCKLAND is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2020, 07:41 AM   #5871 (permalink)

Member # 4251
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post

You gotta suck it up and

We did "A" after looking at 35 houses on line and 12 in person. The realtor's idea of a "treed lot" was 2 recently planted Bradford Pear saplings. "Secluded" was right next to the proposed highway road cut. "Shop" was always a poorly built attached garage with 2 duplex outlets and a water heater in the way.

But finally found an older home on 3 acres with a perfect site for a modest shop at a price that would keep enough money back to build it. But had to kiss a bunch of frogs to find it.
Old 02-28-2020, 11:33 AM   #5872 (permalink)

Member # 112738
Went to lunch with a buddy at the local bar/grill. Sitting at the bar enjoying a tri-tip sando and a beer when an old dude with tattered clothing and unkempt beard and hair who is also sitting at the bar starts to vomit all over himself. So he vomits all down the front of his shirt (didn't appear drunk, maybe just sick) and then just sits there. He doesn't head toward the bathroom, just sits there sipping his beer until he starts to vomit again. Sat on his bar stool and vomited about 5 times before his cab came. I would have left, but I needed to pay my bill and the staff was all freaking out about vomit dude. When I finally got out of there, I walked into the parking lot to get to my car and the guy is sitting out there in a pool of vomit and the cab is long gone. Good call, cab driver.

Last edited by zlathim; 02-28-2020 at 11:34 AM.
zlathim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2020, 11:53 AM   #5873 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 123554
Quote:

Me and my buddy took the cars for little cruise yesterday,

he just finished his Chevelle, 8 years long project

Sleep is overrated haha

That’s awesome, Congrats,

Our daughter is 4.5 months old and sleeping through the night. Hope you have the same luck, haha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Aggie06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2020, 12:21 PM   #5874 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 5587
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlathim View Post
Went to lunch with a buddy at the local bar/grill. Sitting at the bar enjoying a tri-tip sando and a beer when an old dude with tattered clothing and unkempt beard and hair who is also sitting at the bar starts to vomit all over himself. So he vomits all down the front of his shirt (didn't appear drunk, maybe just sick) and then just sits there. He doesn't head toward the bathroom, just sits there sipping his beer until he starts to vomit again. Sat on his bar stool and vomited about 5 times before his cab came. I would have left, but I needed to pay my bill and the staff was all freaking out about vomit dude. When I finally got out of there, I walked into the parking lot to get to my car and the guy is sitting out there in a pool of vomit and the cab is long gone. Good call, cab driver.
Was he drinking Corona by chance?????
California?

I have a strong stomach, but I'd have put a firehose on him and washed his ass to the curb, if I could. Damn!
SSSRodeo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2020, 12:47 PM   #5875 (permalink)

Member # 112738
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSRodeo View Post
Was he drinking Corona by chance?????
California?

I have a strong stomach, but I'd have put a firehose on him and washed his ass to the curb, if I could. Damn!
No, Budweiser. It was in Boise, not CA, but everyone here is from CA, so it might as well have been. I think everyone was just beside themselves. I would have just left immediately, but I owed the bartender money. The girl that was bartending was doing her best not to start sympathy puking as she desperately tried to figure out what to do. It was one of the most disgusting things I've ever witnessed.
zlathim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in