useless things about your day you want others to know. gcc - Page 43 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2017, 08:55 AM   #1051 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 38193
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2big bronco View Post
I have an outhouse at my new place for people that are here helping me work on it. I positioned it looking out over the meadow. I'm shitting right now watching 11 deer and a bunch of rabbits running around.
...but didn't notice the rat in the hole before sitting down.

Cool Starry Bra.
That's why they call it the Present

—Eleanor Rososevelt
Screwzer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2017, 09:53 AM   #1052 (permalink)

Member # 688970
I worked on my bronco for the first time in a long time and am paying for it today. Haven't done the up down crawling around contortionist thing in a while. I'm fucking sore!
santa V2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2017, 10:16 AM   #1053 (permalink)

Member # 74407
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2big bronco View Post
I have an outhouse at my new place for people that are here helping me work on it. I positioned it looking out over the meadow. I'm shitting right now watching 11 deer and a bunch of rabbits running around.

When I was a kid, and my stepdad was building his shop, he built an outhouse. I remember he'd move it every 6mo or so, after the hole would start to fill up. So I brought home a rabbit one time from my grand dads farm. Well my grandpa & stepdad thought it'd be a good idea to build his cage onto the outhouse, with the opening in the outhouse. I had gone with my dad for the weekend and my stepdads nephew had been there, and apparently left the cage door open...and the toilet lid up. Guess where thumper ended up.

Poor rabbit.
Old 07-23-2017, 10:24 AM   #1054 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 54666
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndsgr View Post
Sort of a thread hijacking for a newb networking question, but is it possible to run multiple files (e.g. movies) at the same time? I bought a router with a USB and want to use it as a file server. We have 3 TVs that will be hardwired ethernet.
Absolutely, maybe.

Basically it depends. You probably can, it'll depend on the hardware's capabilities, and your network's bottlenecks.

I've seen FreeNAS 11 simultaneously stream 7 different 1080p videos at once, with some decent hardware. I have no delusions that my setup will be able to do that, but I should be able to reliably stream to at least 2 or 3 at once.
Old 07-23-2017, 12:05 PM   #1055 (permalink)

Member # 131502
Had to go into work today to respond to a crane/rail car impact. Took a picture while I was there.
Attached Images

Frozen ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2017, 01:55 PM   #1056 (permalink)

Member # 82607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen ZJ View Post
Had to go into work today to respond to a crane/rail car impact. Took a picture while I was there.
How does that even happen? Someone leave the trailer in the wrong spot?
At least you're getting big money for a Sunday
dave_dj1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2017, 04:18 PM   #1057 (permalink)

Member # 131502
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_dj1 View Post
How does that even happen? Someone leave the trailer in the wrong spot?
At least you're getting big money for a Sunday
I'm salary so I get to just suck it up.

The controls that raise the cab and the steering are close to each other. He was running down to get the next container and he went to raise the cab and bumper the steering. Very light impact. No big deal.
Frozen ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2017, 05:11 PM   #1058 (permalink)

Member # 673218
I've been looking for a full-size truck for the past year for a steal.

I just came across a 1985 K20 on craigslist from Arkansas with no rust. Brand new crate engine because the old one needed a rebuild, brand new trans, everything worked. This thing is fucking clean.

I called the guy told him I wanted it and I can be over there tonight. He lives right down the street from my parents. Told him I was just going to talk to my wife, get the ok and call him back.

The truck wasn't even on craigslist for a hour!!!

MY WIFE GIVES ME THE THUMBS UP!

Im fucking stoked she never lets me buy new things.

Grab the cash, throw my jeans on and call the guy back. I tell him my wife said yes and ill be there in an hour and 15 minutes.

He tells me there is a man on the way to his place and he will be there in 20 minutes. tells me sorry and the guy told him was on his way and he said ok.

FUCK!!!! FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!

So I call up my dad, he has the cash in the safe so I politely ask him if he wants to go scoop the truck up for me. He has the cash on hand but declines. Doesn't want to get into a pissing match. I don't blame him.

What a bummer... This was what I search craigslist for all day everyday. But who knows maybe ill find another truck one of these days.
Mighty Mats is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2017, 05:27 PM   #1059 (permalink)

Member # 82607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Mats View Post
I've been looking for a full-size truck for the past year for a steal.

I just came across a 1985 K20 on craigslist from Arkansas with no rust. Brand new crate engine because the old one needed a rebuild, brand new trans, everything worked. This thing is fucking clean.

I called the guy told him I wanted it and I can be over there tonight. He lives right down the street from my parents. Told him I was just going to talk to my wife, get the ok and call him back.

The truck wasn't even on craigslist for a hour!!!

MY WIFE GIVES ME THE THUMBS UP!

Im fucking stoked she never lets me buy new things.

Grab the cash, throw my jeans on and call the guy back. I tell him my wife said yes and ill be there in an hour and 15 minutes.

He tells me there is a man on the way to his place and he will be there in 20 minutes. tells me sorry and the guy told him was on his way and he said ok.

FUCK!!!! FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!

So I call up my dad, he has the cash in the safe so I politely ask him if he wants to go scoop the truck up for me. He has the cash on hand but declines. Doesn't want to get into a pissing match. I don't blame him.

What a bummer... This was what I search craigslist for all day everyday. But who knows maybe ill find another truck one of these days.
I'm a firm believer in "if it's meant to be it will be"
There will be another one around the corner. It does suck that the guy didn't hold it for you after you told him you wanted it, but then again in Pirate fashion, you lost your man card for saying "I was going to talk to my wife"
dave_dj1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2017, 05:31 PM   #1060 (permalink)

Member # 673218
Quote:
but then again in Pirate fashion, you lost your man card for saying "I was going to talk to my wife"
Lol thanks that made me finally laugh about it

Last edited by Mighty Mats; 07-23-2017 at 05:31 PM.
Old 07-23-2017, 05:42 PM   #1061 (permalink)

Member # 673218
The old man had the truck listed at $1,150. originally. Now its listed at $11,500.00

Maybe you were right. I would have driven over an two and a half hours only to figure out he had mispriced the listing. I guess you were right. "if it's meant to be it will be"

Last edited by Mighty Mats; 07-23-2017 at 05:53 PM.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:32 PM   #1062 (permalink)

Member # 74407
Quote:
The old man had the truck listed at $1,150. originally. Now its listed at $11,500.00

Maybe you were right. I would have driven over an two and a half hours only to figure out he had mispriced the listing. I guess you were right. "if it's meant to be it will be"
Ha.

Bet that fucker wont be selling it any time soon.

Fucking $11,500 for an '85 Chevy
Old 07-24-2017, 06:16 AM   #1063 (permalink)

Member # 27875
Quote:
Originally Posted by TireFryerSS View Post
Ha.

$11,500 might be nutty but really $1,150 didn't throw a flag that something was fucky? That is either a typo or a scam price.

WWJWD?

What Would John Wayne Do?
Black Sabbath is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2017, 06:57 AM   #1064 (permalink)

Member # 673218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Sabbath View Post
$11,500 might be nutty but really $1,150 didn't throw a flag that something was fucky? That is either a typo or a scam price.
I thought it was a scam at first, but the guy put his number and name on the add so i was like fuck it ill give him a call.

He picked up and started talking and i was like "damn this shit is real." I didnt want to ask him if 1,150 was all he was selling it for because i didnt want to seem like he was selling it to cheap. Fuck it ones mans trash.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:00 AM   #1065 (permalink)

Member # 53453
Quote:
I thought it was a scam at first, but the guy put his number and name on the add so i was like fuck it ill give him a call.

He picked up and started talking and i was like "damn this shit is real." I didnt want to ask him if 1,150 was all he was selling it for because i didnt want to seem like he was selling it to cheap. Fuck it ones mans trash.
Always ask them to confirm the price. Often they have it listed multiple places, and the price they state might be lower than the ad you're looking at. Or in this case it would have been a "Oh, correct you ad, thanks, bye."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DirtyComanche is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2017, 07:06 AM   #1066 (permalink)
Unregistered User

Member # 224886
Quote:
Ha.

People act like square bodies are made of gold. I see base model 2wd C10s with Maaco paint jobs and cheap chrome wheels around here all the time for 10k.

Last edited by Motorcharge; 07-24-2017 at 07:07 AM.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2017, 07:49 AM   #1067 (permalink)

Member # 74407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
People act like square bodies are made of gold. I see base model 2wd C10s with Maaco paint jobs and cheap chrome wheels around here all the time for 10k.
I have an acquaintance in Houston that owns a collision repair shop. Its been 5yrs now, but he bought an 84 or 85 rcsb 2wd chevy that had like 16k original miles on it. Guess it had been stored away and taken care of. He paid 16k for it because it was just like the one he had in high school the whole time Im thinking "man, you could've bought a $1500 driver locally, painted it and made it just like your high school truck for a lot less than $16k".

Id love to have my 78 gmc 4x4 I had in high school, but not for even 8k, maybe 4k. And I only paid $2700 for it in '97.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:08 AM   #1068 (permalink)

Member # 79509
Quote:
I have an acquaintance in Houston that owns a collision repair shop. Its been 5yrs now, but he bought an 84 or 85 rcsb 2wd chevy that had like 16k original miles on it. Guess it had been stored away and taken care of. He paid 16k for it because it was just like the one he had in high school the whole time Im thinking "man, you could've bought a $1500 driver locally, painted it and made it just like your high school truck for a lot less than $16k".

Id love to have my 78 gmc 4x4 I had in high school, but not for even 8k, maybe 4k. And I only paid $2700 for it in '97.
Natural progression. Most 60/70s trucks are bought up or trashed. So you have the guy who is 50+ who had a square body and memories. Now he has an angry fat wife, hipster kids, and hates his suburban home and corporate job. A CLEAN, redone, repowered square body should sell for 15-20k+. He sure as fuck doesn't know how to restore it, and all his wimpy neighbors will think it's badass. He gets to relive the glory days, and it's didn't cost more than a boat, H-D, a semester of college, etc.

The issue is people trying to sell an "all original" worn the fuck out c10 with a maaco paint job and Mexican blanket seat for 16k. It's 30+ years old, everything needs to be replaced.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:21 AM   #1069 (permalink)
Rusted.

Member # 132785
Quote:

I had an '83 chevy half ton in high school and have always wanted to get another square body. I've been looking for years and had a low mileage one pretty much fall in my lap. My neighbor bought an '87 1 ton 4x4 long box about 4 years ago that had been the brush truck for a local fire department. It had roughly 75-80K miles on it. I tried to buy it off him for $2500, which was more than he paid, but he wouldn't sell. Fast forward about a year and he blew it up hauling round bales, and it was sitting in a guys yard for a month. That guy wanted it out of his yard so I offered the neighbor $600 for it as-is, and he said ok and even hauled it to my place for me. Now it's been in my garage for 2 years getting a motor transplant, clutch, etc as I have time. In that 2 years I've had at least a dozen serious offers to buy it, a couple of the offers were in the $1500/$2000 range without the motor. It was tempting to triple my money, but finding another one like this would be mission impossible. It has a fair amount of square body cancer, but over all is solid.
Tin Roof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2017, 10:17 AM   #1070 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 386
Send a message via ICQ to MattS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Roof View Post
I had an '83 chevy half ton in high school and have always wanted to get another square body. I've been looking for years and had a low mileage one pretty much fall in my lap. My neighbor bought an '87 1 ton 4x4 long box about 4 years ago that had been the brush truck for a local fire department. It had roughly 75-80K miles on it. I tried to buy it off him for $2500, which was more than he paid, but he wouldn't sell. Fast forward about a year and he blew it up hauling round bales, and it was sitting in a guys yard for a month. That guy wanted it out of his yard so I offered the neighbor $600 for it as-is, and he said ok and even hauled it to my place for me. Now it's been in my garage for 2 years getting a motor transplant, clutch, etc as I have time. In that 2 years I've had at least a dozen serious offers to buy it, a couple of the offers were in the $1500/$2000 range without the motor. It was tempting to triple my money, but finding another one like this would be mission impossible. It has a fair amount of square body cancer, but over all is solid.
That's not low miles. I see ones pop up on CL all the time with under 25k on them.

https://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto...222025598.html

https://ottumwa.craigslist.org/cto/d...192974799.html

Last edited by MattS; 07-25-2017 at 10:18 AM.
MattS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2017, 10:49 AM   #1071 (permalink)

Member # 3239
Send a message via AIM to Brad Send a message via Yahoo to Brad
I get to tell my boss that I'm leaving for a new career with less than a weeks notice and we just got slammed with work(3 welder/fitters, myself included). Usually wouldn't stress about it but I like this job and my boss/owner. The new one is an actual career with great retirement and room to grow.
Hopefully I can get a friend to take over my position(all the same skills) so they aren't out for more than a week. Hoping I can stay on the payroll and work fridays for a while since the new gig is M-Th

Last edited by Brad; 07-25-2017 at 10:50 AM.
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2017, 11:23 AM   #1072 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 109423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
I get to tell my boss that I'm leaving for a new career with less than a weeks notice and we just got slammed with work(3 welder/fitters, myself included). Usually wouldn't stress about it but I like this job and my boss/owner. The new one is an actual career with great retirement and room to grow.
Hopefully I can get a friend to take over my position(all the same skills) so they aren't out for more than a week. Hoping I can stay on the payroll and work fridays for a while since the new gig is M-Th
Awe yeah!
Go back to riding your Fag Dog Brokeback or whatever the fuck its called.
1990GT50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2017, 11:48 AM   #1073 (permalink)

Member # 569034
Quote:
I'm a firm believer in "if it's meant to be it will be"
There will be another one around the corner.
This. I did something similiar last week - been looking for a F450/550 4x4 parts rig for a project and found one that was cheap and fit the bill perfectly. I want to use the frame and running gear as the base for a custom trailer pulling rig, so been looking for a wrecked one to use for parts. 03 F550 that had some minor damage and the cab burned but everything I needed was still fine and it had a nice 16' flatbed.

Price was $1000, that's cheaper than what I see just axles for and the flatbed could probably be sold for that or more. Initially called him thinking no way I'll get it, got back that one guy was in line already so maybe but still figured that guy would take it.... calls back, he no showed so I'm up. Made plans to go get it, got the cash, got the logistics worked out and then get a call back - his friend came and got it already. Damn! Says he apparently offered it to a buddy of his weeks ago but the guy never got it so he put it on cl.... natrually he finally shows up a day before I get it. Could have been some BS story too though the guy seemed honest. Oh well, what can you do?

What I hate is when you get emotionally attached to the deal, think you're going to get it and then it falls apart. Easy to let it go when you think it's a pie in the sky shot, more painful once you think you'll actually get it.
sdmuleman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2017, 12:05 PM   #1074 (permalink)
BRD

Member # 74465
Hit 100k in the truck on the way to work this morning.'01 F350 7.3.

Now I've got to turn around and drive to Morro Bay because my MIL went into the hospital with chest pains and rapid pulse.
BRD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2017, 01:00 PM   #1075 (permalink)

Member # 143737
Apparently the "Tuesday" shit isn't just here. Multi-million $ project hung up because part expansion and pressure could cause 6 pins with .006 of room to shear under load. And the parts are finished. "Can you fix this?"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in