Roasted F150 - Page 4 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2016, 08:11 PM   #76 (permalink)

Member # 77578
Send a message via AIM to XJben
I know cars and trucks have spontaneously combusted since the beginning of the automobile, but man, I dread the day when all we can get are trucks with high pressure fuel pumps, turbos, high pressure oil pumps, UREA injection, etc....all that stuff will break and I'm sure the parts are big money. Crap won't be affordable to keep on the road.
Old 03-11-2016, 08:48 PM   #77 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 37866
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgun View Post
If they did the left valve cover the High Pressure Fuel Pump had to come off. I would suspect a fuel fire rather than an oil fire....meh
This is what I'm guessing 30-50 or so psi into the high pressure and up to 2,000 or so psi out either over tighten the fitting and damage it or maybe it didn't get tightened enough. I've worked on quite a few of the 3.5L eco boost trucks and as a whole they've been decent (seen a few with over 200,000 miles) but I'm still a 5.0L fan to keep it simple.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:14 PM   #78 (permalink)

Member # 192237
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPurdueYJ View Post
How many of those have oil that leak onto a hot as fuck turbo
exhaust manifold gets just as hot

so all of them
[486] is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2016, 11:11 PM   #79 (permalink)

Member # 4358
Send a message via Yahoo to FYRMAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADChevy4x4 View Post
Several week old new is a total loss.....You think the owner's insurance will reimburse him for a brand new truck...or will the settlement be based on depreciation?
My brother totaled a truck that was only in his possession for about six weeks. Insurance only paid what the truck was worth. Depreciation was a bitch. He was financed through a bank, waved the GAP insurance, and had to pay the difference between the settlement and the balance. I think that cost him seven grand.

[QUOTE=Short change$$;35909330]
Quote:
Originally Posted by krugford View Post
Might as well bend over cause Auto glass companies and body shops will make a fortune repairing these trucks.
Nope. Body shops are not making a fortune repairing these trucks. We've fixed a handful of these aluminum bodied trucks now, and we've lost money on most of them. Insurance companies haven't caught up to the fact that aluminum doesn't behave like steel, and traditional repair methods don't apply. The aluminum stretches way easier, and our nail guns for pulling dents don't work. We are just now starting to get the OK to replace panels instead of repair. Replacement is cheaper than repair unless it's minor damage that you can just fill.
Old 03-11-2016, 11:26 PM   #80 (permalink)

Member # 270274
Send a message via Yahoo to The War Wagon
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboss281 View Post
Hey Guys, haven't posted in a while... I just wanted to share my fathers new F-150 experience. So after months of searching he pulled the trigger on a 2016 F-150 XLT with the 3.5 Eco Boost.
So the Eco-turd is EXACTLY what all us EX-Ford owners thought it was.

Thank goodness for insurance, and I'm glad your dad wasn't in it when it went cherries jubilee.
Old 03-11-2016, 11:57 PM   #81 (permalink)

Member # 3184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat95YJ View Post
Oops
What'd he have to do with it?
Old 03-12-2016, 12:55 AM   #82 (permalink)

Member # 277090
Location: Freedoms just another word for nothin left to lose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPurdueYJ View Post
He was short changed on brains.
I bet when God asked if you wanted brains you thought he said trains and told him you didnt want any.
Short change$$ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2016, 01:50 AM   #83 (permalink)

Member # 78325
pinto = kaboom
ecoboost = ecotoast
49willys_mogon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2016, 02:24 AM   #84 (permalink)
RIP 5/22/19 Deceased

Member # 11975
Check this out:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermite
MikeW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2016, 02:41 AM   #85 (permalink)

Member # 14620
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeW View Post
You don't bump around here or the Internet often do you?
Old 03-12-2016, 02:45 AM   #86 (permalink)
Green bastard

Member # 123458
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49willys_mogon View Post
pinto = kaboom
ecoboost = ecotoast
Side saddle tanks= some fantastic rhyme or limerick about something that really isn't anything significant against the manufacturer. Corvair anyone, unsafe at any speed? The whole ford vs who the fuck ever, doesn't matter. All manufactures fuck some shit up. Until there is a nationwide recall on whatever, shit happens.
Old 03-12-2016, 03:04 AM   #87 (permalink)

Member # 153647
Its a roasted f150 that was someone elses fault/thread and beer is good
22repower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2016, 07:27 AM   #88 (permalink)

Member # 40417
Just call Flo and let your insurance pay out! That's what it's for after all!! Easy money n' stuff!!
Old 03-12-2016, 07:49 AM   #89 (permalink)

Member # 94825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Short change$$ View Post
I bet when God asked if you wanted brains you thought he said trains and told him you didnt want any.
Well, you're trying, and that's what counts.
Old 03-12-2016, 08:00 AM   #90 (permalink)

Member # 71834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinman View Post
I don't see how this is the owners insurance companies responsibility at all.
It is a 100% warranty claim on Ford to replace the truck or pay him out. As far as the dealer being independent, they are obviously authorized by Ford to perform warranty work and whatever part on the truck caused the fire is under warranty.

I would contact a lawyer before getting my insurance company involved.
You pay your insurance company to employ lawyers. Why would you waste a dime getting your own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyComanche View Post
I stayed out of that side of the discussion, but I am with you. The shop has insurance for this shit. Sue them if they are not playing nice.

Also posting that picture to FB/Twitter/Instagram/Snapchat/Tinder/POF/whatever other quasi social media site/app/service with a nice little caption on it about who the dealer is and the the truck is brand new and they aren't doing anything... I bet there will be results in a hurry. Hell, phone the local news outlets, they eat this shit up, especially if you can cry for the camera and tell a story about how you need the truck to hand out blankets to homeless Indians.
Let me explain this in another way. If you get sued you would go and retain a lawyer in your behalf. You do this so that you have someone that has your best interest in mind to keep you from getting fucked and sitting on your own dick for a month while the other parties decides how to get out of this for the cheapest way possible.

That is exactly why you have comprehensive insurance on your shit. It provides you with an attorney, it provides you with a staff of people that do nothing but automotive insurance shit all day long that have nothing but your best I treet in mind. It is part of what you are paying for. They go to work for you. They get you the best deal.

Those that disagree with me need to go read their policy and have a good long talk with their insurance agent. Because you know fuck all about the insurance you purchased and what it does for you. Jesus, educate your self.
Why J? is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2016, 09:20 AM   #91 (permalink)

Member # 40417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Why J? View Post
You pay your insurance company to employ lawyers. Why would you waste a dime getting your own?

Let me explain this in another way. If you get sued you would go and retain a lawyer in your behalf. You do this so that you have someone that has your best interest in mind to keep you from getting fucked and sitting on your own dick for a month while the other parties decides how to get out of this for the cheapest way possible.

That is exactly why you have comprehensive insurance on your shit. It provides you with an attorney, it provides you with a staff of people that do nothing but automotive insurance shit all day long that have nothing but your best I treet in mind. It is part of what you are paying for. They go to work for you. They get you the best deal.

Those that disagree with me need to go read their policy and have a good long talk with their insurance agent. Because you know fuck all about the insurance you purchased and what it does for you. Jesus, educate your self.

And indirectly/directly raise your and everyone who holds that insurance premiums.... I guess in this day n' age of SEP (someone else's problem) people are just conditioned for that....

There are plenty of lawyers that will "work for free" unless they recover something. I'd think in this case especially; plenty of young/fresh outta law school "go get 'um" types would be more than happy to pursue the case to make a name for themselves, if on the off chance they succeed... At the very least a lucrative settlement would probably easily pay the lawyer, buy you 5 trucks of your choosing, and not fuck over the insurance company.... or you could just wait for Flo's 1/2-3/4 valuation settlement and be happy with that?

Funny, seems the OP is long gone, unless I missed something.....

edit: sorry, typo city on laptop keyb'd....

Last edited by FlexyTJ; 03-12-2016 at 09:28 AM.
FlexyTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2016, 09:25 AM   #92 (permalink)

Member # 71834
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlexyTJ View Post
And indirectly/directly raise your and everyone who holds that insurance premiums.... I guess in this day n' age of SEP (someone else's problem) people are just conditioned for that....

There are plenty of lawyers that will "work for free" unless they recover something. I'd think in this case especially; plenty of young/fresh outta law school "go get 'um" types would be more than happy to pursue the case to make a name for themselves, if on the off chance they succeed... At the very least a lucrative settlement would probably easily pay the lawyer, buy you 5 trucks of your choosing, and not fuck over the insurance company.... or you could just wait for Flo's 1/2-3/4 valuation settlement and be happy that?

Sigh.

*gets up, leaves room.
Why J? is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2016, 09:31 AM   #93 (permalink)

Member # 40417
Quote:
Sigh.

*gets up, leaves room.
HA! Funny, that's the reaction I had yesterday!
Old 03-12-2016, 09:35 AM   #94 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlexyTJ View Post

There are plenty of lawyers that will "work for free" unless they recover something. I'd think in this case especially; plenty of young/fresh outta law school "go get 'um" types would be more than happy to pursue the case to make a name for themselves, if on the off chance they succeed... At the very least a lucrative settlement would probably easily pay the lawyer, buy you 5 trucks of your choosing, and not fuck over the insurance company.... or you could just wait for Flo's 1/2-3/4 valuation settlement and be happy with that?

edit: sorry, typo city on laptop keyb'd....
You are a moron. Everyone that reads your post will be dumber for it, may God have mercy on your soul.

Companies helping me get dirty:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

& Blaine

:tank:
Beat95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2016, 09:41 AM   #95 (permalink)

Member # 40417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat95YJ View Post
You are a moron. Everyone that reads your post will be dumber for it, may God have mercy on your soul.
Heh... I get it.

Call Flo, get 70% of the value of your truck. For something you had no part in.

DONE!!

Obviously, that is what most people will do.
Old 03-12-2016, 09:50 AM   #96 (permalink)

Member # 198851
Leaving a vehicle at a shop should be covered under "bailment" rules. otherwords,the shop has to take reasonable care not to damage the vehicle...It was damaged while in the shop's care, they pay..........
ADChevy4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2016, 09:58 AM   #97 (permalink)

Member # 78325
Quote:
Originally Posted by cslimfu View Post
Side saddle tanks= some fantastic rhyme or limerick about something that really isn't anything significant against the manufacturer. Corvair anyone, unsafe at any speed? The whole ford vs who the fuck ever, doesn't matter. All manufactures fuck some shit up. Until there is a nationwide recall on whatever, shit happens.
Easy boy just having some fun...have had my share of ford, gm you name it.
49willys_mogon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2016, 03:00 PM   #98 (permalink)
Green bastard

Member # 123458
I was having fun too, not pissed or anything.
Old 03-12-2016, 03:10 PM   #99 (permalink)
Damn kids

Member # 162771
This thread started pretty hot but has really cooled off.
plym49 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2016, 04:03 PM   #100 (permalink)

Member # 53453
Quote:

I don't typically carry comprehensive and do not see it as my normal course of action. Also the vehicle I carry comprehensive on has a $2500 deductible, which is not guaranteed to be waived or reimbursed regardless of circumstances (I have read my policy), so that route would be taken only with apprehension and after exploring other options. Hence I'd just threaten legal action, go to the media, and it would probably be taken care of quickly enough. Like I said, the shop carries professional insurance for this, and while they might wish to enter a long drawn out legal battle with you, the reality is that their lawyers will instantly realize that it's not a case they want to gamble on and offer to settle. New truck, pay my lawyer, done, fuck you very much. Make sure the new truck isn't a EcoBoom (or no Blue Oval crap) and happily ever after.

But yes, if you have comprehensive, and your policy does not have exclusions for this, or other fine print that might cause a less than ideal outcome, involving them may be helpful or the best course of action. As you said, read your policy. I've read mine, so don't make assumptions of what is in it.

DirtyComanche is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in