you guys are slipping, no Cruz scandal thread yet?! - Page 9 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2016, 05:38 AM   #201 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Lil Uzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Member # 6359
Location: Pond
Posts: 15,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOODLES View Post
Is this the first time a tabloid paper induced a thread on pirate? What next? Somebody going to read about batboy and take it seriously?
Elvis. What a bunch of gossip bitches.

__________________
not surprized yer confused yer face was burried in the pillow pretty deep as gizim drunk as you were

Last edited by Lil Uzi; 03-28-2016 at 05:38 AM.
Lil Uzi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2016, 06:37 AM   #202 (permalink)
Surgical Shotgunner
 
Texas97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Member # 111524
Location: Texas... we dont F*&*% around
Posts: 15,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFusion21 View Post
Do you think defense attorneys who argue that a clear cut criminal is innocent are criminals themselves? They are simply doing the job they were hired for.

Quite frankly I'd be more concerned if he did the above things pro bono
its this argument that i keep hearing, that someone who defends a company/person in a courtroom is a liar. because they did their job as an attorney through the judicial system where everyone is entitled to legal representation in a court of law? A lawyer who defends a certain position is not a liar, he's trying to win the case for his client.

Now if he was held in contempt of court or perjured himself, that would be something. but just working for a person/entity as a lawyer who is on trial? nope, thats not really lying. i guess i shouldnt be surprised that more of you dont know that, but im less surprised that reasoning is summarily dismissed in lieu of the personal hatred towards certain people, by some people.
__________________
shhhh.....
Texas97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2016, 06:44 AM   #203 (permalink)
Registered User
 
paragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member # 40266
Location: Jackson, MS USA
Posts: 24,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas97 View Post
its this argument that i keep hearing, that someone who defends a company/person in a courtroom is a liar. because they did their job as an attorney through the judicial system where everyone is entitled to legal representation in a court of law? A lawyer who defends a certain position is not a liar, he's trying to win the case for his client.

Now if he was held in contempt of court or perjured himself, that would be something. but just working for a person/entity as a lawyer who is on trial? nope, thats not really lying. i guess i shouldnt be surprised that more of you dont know that, but im less surprised that reasoning is summarily dismissed in lieu of the personal hatred towards certain people, by some people.
yes, it's lying when it's lying. it's also judicial fraud. attorneys are officers of the court
__________________
[COLOR="Black"].

...
[/COLOR]
[CENTER][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="4"]"For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo"[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
paragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2016, 06:45 AM   #204 (permalink)
Surgical Shotgunner
 
Texas97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Member # 111524
Location: Texas... we dont F*&*% around
Posts: 15,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon View Post
yes, it's lying when it's lying. it's also judicial fraud. attorneys are officers of the court
please present this judicial fraud. id like to see some of it.
__________________
shhhh.....
Texas97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2016, 06:46 AM   #205 (permalink)
Registered User
 
paragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member # 40266
Location: Jackson, MS USA
Posts: 24,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoCJ View Post
True, they're supposed to follow the constitution, but the constitution means different things to different people. Whether you like it or not the wording of much of the constitution is far for cut & dried. It CAN be interpreted in different ways. All you have to do is read this forum to see the truth in that.
infringed
__________________
[COLOR="Black"].

...
[/COLOR]
[CENTER][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="4"]"For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo"[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
paragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2016, 06:51 AM   #206 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Member # 19304
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 28,621
Send a message via MSN to gipper Send a message via Yahoo to gipper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwzer2 View Post
...and many of the founders disagreed with each other.
Not on what they meant when they ultimately agreed to write it down in the Constitution.

Even the ones that didn't get their way agreed what was meant by what was written.


I have this drive to always know what I'm talking about, to read the writings, and to know the facts. I often wonder how people like you drift through life, never caring to learn a thing about this world and our history.
__________________
For sale: 1984 CJ7 ... 4.10's, superwinch hubs, more.
gipper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2016, 06:51 AM   #207 (permalink)
Registered User
 
paragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member # 40266
Location: Jackson, MS USA
Posts: 24,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas97 View Post
please present this judicial fraud. id like to see some of it.
go google your state bar's actions
__________________
[COLOR="Black"].

...
[/COLOR]
[CENTER][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="4"]"For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo"[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
paragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2016, 06:52 AM   #208 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Member # 198851
Location: In a state of insanity
Posts: 5,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoCJ View Post
Yup. It took MONTHS and much argument to reach the compromises of our constitution.
Compromises, yes ....rational people are capable of compromise...non rational people never want to compromise...
__________________
I'm not all that smart...but smart enough to realize it...
ADChevy4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2016, 06:52 AM   #209 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Member # 19304
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 28,621
Send a message via MSN to gipper Send a message via Yahoo to gipper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas97 View Post
its this argument that i keep hearing, that someone who defends a company/person in a courtroom is a liar. because they did their job as an attorney through the judicial system where everyone is entitled to legal representation in a court of law? A lawyer who defends a certain position is not a liar, he's trying to win the case for his client.

Now if he was held in contempt of court or perjured himself, that would be something. but just working for a person/entity as a lawyer who is on trial? nope, thats not really lying. i guess i shouldnt be surprised that more of you dont know that, but im less surprised that reasoning is summarily dismissed in lieu of the personal hatred towards certain people, by some people.
Trying to deny fact is a terrible move when representing someone. The best you can do is reframe the facts. 99.999999999% of criminal cases are plea bargains. Only the really dumb defendants ever go to trial (their choice, not the attorney's in almost every case).
__________________
For sale: 1984 CJ7 ... 4.10's, superwinch hubs, more.
gipper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2016, 06:55 AM   #210 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Member # 19304
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 28,621
Send a message via MSN to gipper Send a message via Yahoo to gipper
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoCJ View Post
Yup. It took MONTHS and much argument to reach the compromises of our constitution.
compromise? Like when two people reach an AGREEMENT on a point? So they AGREE as to what an acceptable position is and then write it down? But you just said that they meant two different things by what was written down. So did they compromise or not?
__________________
For sale: 1984 CJ7 ... 4.10's, superwinch hubs, more.
gipper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2016, 06:56 AM   #211 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Member # 19304
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 28,621
Send a message via MSN to gipper Send a message via Yahoo to gipper
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon View Post
yes, it's lying when it's lying. it's also judicial fraud. attorneys are officers of the court
No, that's called perjury. Attorneys don't do that because.... it's a crime

No case is worth your license, much less your freedom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas97 View Post
please present this judicial fraud. id like to see some of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon View Post
go google your state bar's actions
This is a Dummage class response.
__________________
For sale: 1984 CJ7 ... 4.10's, superwinch hubs, more.
gipper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2016, 07:01 AM   #212 (permalink)
Surgical Shotgunner
 
Texas97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Member # 111524
Location: Texas... we dont F*&*% around
Posts: 15,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon View Post
go google your state bar's actions

im 4 pages in on this google query "state bar of texas disciplinary actions ted cruz".

So far i see no actions taken against him. What year were they done and who was his client? Do you know what State Bar Rules he violated? That might help me to find it.
__________________
shhhh.....
Texas97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2016, 07:14 AM   #213 (permalink)
Surgical Shotgunner
 
Texas97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Member # 111524
Location: Texas... we dont F*&*% around
Posts: 15,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by gipper View Post
Trying to deny fact is a terrible move when representing someone. The best you can do is reframe the facts. 99.999999999% of criminal cases are plea bargains. Only the really dumb defendants ever go to trial (their choice, not the attorney's in almost every case).
Certainly. i cannot disagree with that. but that's what i'm trying to find out. Did he just defend clients that people didn't like and thats what they are calling "lying" or did he do something that was unethical (under the guidelines presented by his licensing entity) and perjure himself, etc.?
__________________
shhhh.....
Texas97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2016, 07:15 AM   #214 (permalink)
Surgical Shotgunner
 
Texas97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Member # 111524
Location: Texas... we dont F*&*% around
Posts: 15,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by gipper View Post
No, that's called perjury. Attorneys don't do that because.... it's a crime

No case is worth your license, much less your freedom.
I would think if there was State Bar actions against Ted Cruz, Trump or Rubio or Kasich or anyone else against him would be beating a very loud drum with the case and the action, down to the charge and the dates it was issued.
__________________
shhhh.....
Texas97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2016, 07:34 AM   #215 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Member # 19304
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 28,621
Send a message via MSN to gipper Send a message via Yahoo to gipper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas97 View Post
I would think if there was State Bar actions against Ted Cruz, Trump or Rubio or Kasich or anyone else against him would be beating a very loud drum with the case and the action, down to the charge and the dates it was issued.
proceedings are published actions of the Supreme Court of the state in which the attorney is licensed. There are no proceedings against any of these guys.

Even back when people were blathering about the Obama's licenses being pulled, they just stopped doing the continuing education and paying the fees. They were suspended until they get back in good standing (take classes, pay fees). If an attorney really does something wrong, there will be a LOT more information in the criminal charges than in the state bar actions that just say "suspended for failing to pay fees".
__________________
For sale: 1984 CJ7 ... 4.10's, superwinch hubs, more.
gipper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2016, 07:47 AM   #216 (permalink)
Surgical Shotgunner
 
Texas97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Member # 111524
Location: Texas... we dont F*&*% around
Posts: 15,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by gipper View Post
proceedings are published actions of the Supreme Court of the state in which the attorney is licensed. There are no proceedings against any of these guys.

Even back when people were blathering about the Obama's licenses being pulled, they just stopped doing the continuing education and paying the fees. They were suspended until they get back in good standing (take classes, pay fees). If an attorney really does something wrong, there will be a LOT more information in the criminal charges than in the state bar actions that just say "suspended for failing to pay fees".
yes, im fully aware of this. i hold professional licenses in 4 states, not in lawyering though, and the states give the licensing boards full legal authoritative power to levy fines and revoke licenses. i just renewed in Texas after paying my license renewal fee and completing my Prof. Development Hours.

We have retirees and those who are out of the business either let their license lapse, or they can change it to inactive status. either way, unless they are doing work with an expired license, letting your license lapse and not using it is not an actionable board violation.
__________________
shhhh.....
Texas97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2016, 08:06 AM   #217 (permalink)
Registered User
 
rockbuggy84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Member # 45202
Location: In a field
Posts: 8,780
Lawyers are the lowest form of scum on this planet. Justifying the lying, misleading, half truths, etc,etc changes nothing. Anyone with common sense knows that lawyers will say anything for profit.
__________________
"Whiskey is cheap, Talk cost money"
rockbuggy84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2016, 08:15 AM   #218 (permalink)
Surgical Shotgunner
 
Texas97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Member # 111524
Location: Texas... we dont F*&*% around
Posts: 15,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbuggy84 View Post
Lawyers are the lowest form of scum on this planet. Justifying the lying, misleading, half truths, etc,etc changes nothing. Anyone with common sense knows that lawyers will say anything for profit.
So, was he disciplined by the State Bar in Texas, or not?
__________________
shhhh.....
Texas97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2016, 08:18 AM   #219 (permalink)
Registered User
 
rockbuggy84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Member # 45202
Location: In a field
Posts: 8,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas97 View Post
So, was he disciplined by the State Bar in Texas, or not?
Dumbest argument on the planet. You're speaking like a lawyer/criminal. What do you do for a living?
__________________
"Whiskey is cheap, Talk cost money"

Last edited by rockbuggy84; 03-28-2016 at 08:22 AM.
rockbuggy84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2016, 08:31 AM   #220 (permalink)
Surgical Shotgunner
 
Texas97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Member # 111524
Location: Texas... we dont F*&*% around
Posts: 15,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas97 View Post
So, was he disciplined by the State Bar in Texas, or not?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbuggy84 View Post
Dumbest argument on the planet. You're speaking like a lawyer/criminal. What do you do for a living?
i am not a lawyer, i've already said that. I am an Engineer.

There was a claim that Cruz had actionable discipline by the TX state Bar, in this thread, i simply asked for a source or the facts of when and why that was.

Then, a lawyer came in (Gipper) and said if any lying were to happen from a lawyer in a courtroom, then that's called perjury and would be actionable.

Your claims of him being a "liar" just because he is a lawyer, are not enough to convince me that he is, no matter how vehemently you claim it. Post up some proof and I am more than happy to look over it.


You must have been touched in a bad way by a person who was a lawyer at one time. Was your daddy a lawyer?
__________________
shhhh.....
Texas97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2016, 08:39 AM   #221 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member # 85483
Posts: 23,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbuggy84 View Post
Dumbest argument on the planet. You're speaking like a lawyer/criminal. What do you do for a living?
Can you not answer the fucking question yes or no?
__________________
Today, truth has been forced to take a back seat to political correctness
thumping is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2016, 08:40 AM   #222 (permalink)
Registered User
 
rockbuggy84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Member # 45202
Location: In a field
Posts: 8,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas97 View Post
i am not a lawyer, i've already said that. I am an Engineer.

There was a claim that Cruz had actionable discipline by the TX state Bar, in this thread, i simply asked for a source or the facts of when and why that was.

Then, a lawyer came in (Gipper) and said if any lying were to happen from a lawyer in a courtroom, then that's called perjury and would be actionable.

Your claims of him being a "liar" just because he is a lawyer, are not enough to convince me that he is, no matter how vehemently you claim it. Post up some proof and I am more than happy to look over it.


You must have been touched in a bad way by a person who was a lawyer at one time. Was your daddy a lawyer?

It's funny how you pedophiles always have a way of giving yourselves away.

What kind of sick fuck turns a conversation about lawyers into a conversation about touching kids? I don't understand the correlation you're trying to make, but normal people don't immediately talk child molestation when someone disagrees with them.
__________________
"Whiskey is cheap, Talk cost money"
rockbuggy84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2016, 08:44 AM   #223 (permalink)
Registered User
 
rockbuggy84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Member # 45202
Location: In a field
Posts: 8,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumping View Post
Can you not answer the fucking question yes or no?
No he wasn't. How is that relevant? Lawyers lie, mislead, tell half truths etc every day and don't get held in contempt.

Ethics and lawyers don't go together, period. It's part of the job.

See, I'm entitled to an opinion and so are you.
__________________
"Whiskey is cheap, Talk cost money"

Last edited by rockbuggy84; 03-28-2016 at 08:45 AM.
rockbuggy84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2016, 08:44 AM   #224 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Member # 19304
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 28,621
Send a message via MSN to gipper Send a message via Yahoo to gipper
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbuggy84 View Post
It's funny how you pedophiles always have a way of giving yourselves away.

What kind of sick fuck turns a conversation about lawyers into a conversation about touching kids? I don't understand the correlation you're trying to make, but normal people don't immediately talk child molestation when someone disagrees with them.
Really? So your dad was a pedophile lawyer????

Wow, what are the odds?
__________________
For sale: 1984 CJ7 ... 4.10's, superwinch hubs, more.
gipper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2016, 08:45 AM   #225 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Member # 19304
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 28,621
Send a message via MSN to gipper Send a message via Yahoo to gipper
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumping View Post
Can you not answer the fucking question yes or no?
No.


Apparently.
__________________
For sale: 1984 CJ7 ... 4.10's, superwinch hubs, more.
gipper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.