Cancer spinoff...let's do this! - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2016, 11:06 AM   #26 (permalink)
Unregistered User

Member # 224886
My grandfather on my dad's side went through chemo and radiation and didn't even lose any hair. He's been cancer free for 15+ years.

My grandfather on my mom's side died of cancer when I was a year old, but I'm not familiar with the type or circumstances.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2016, 11:07 AM   #27 (permalink)

Member # 51775
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADChevy4x4 View Post
Is what you have suspected to be caused by a virus...more common in SE Asia ?
Good luck
They said that most patients diagnosed with what I was, also have the HPV virus, but I don't have that. I don't smoke, either. No real family history, either. Just bad luck, I guess.

Thanks.
wireman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2016, 11:19 AM   #28 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 202961
No experience with anyone myself either, but interested to see what everyone else has to say.

My wife's sister took a job at a chiropractor's office a year or so back, and now she's on the kick that you can cure whatever ailments you have by eating healthy and getting adjusted, no medication of any kind. She's gone through our cupboards before and told us all the things we need to get rid of because they don't fit the good doctor's plan. Anti Vaccination, (can't wait for that shit show when we have kids!) and everything else.

As much as I'd like to think it's that simple, I'm not buying it. I'm not throwing out hundreds of years of science, simply because some hippie doctor tells me he can crack my back and get rid of my cancer...
She's getting married here in May, and has already stated how bad birth control is for your hormones. So she's going to just go the natural approach and count her cycle or some shit like that. I figure we'll get the pregnancy announcement sometime around August..

Last edited by 92_Chevy_1500; 04-11-2016 at 11:20 AM.
92_Chevy_1500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2016, 11:28 AM   #29 (permalink)

Member # 168243
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92_Chevy_1500 View Post
She's getting married here in May, and has already stated how bad birth control is for your hormones. So she's going to just go the natural approach and count her cycle or some shit like that. I figure we'll get the pregnancy announcement sometime around August..
Counting days is horseshit and nearly impossible to do with success, so you're probably right about the pregnancy announcement for your quacky sister in law. Natural birth control however is a real thing, and more effective than any other birth control- if you know what the fuck you're doing, and it's not super easy to do. There are a couple of methods, and they are equally helpful for those who want babies and those who want to avoid them.

I speak with first hand experience, and that of numerous other couples I know.

Quote:
By the way, Irregardless does pass spell check and it is a word. The meaning is exactly the same, you just want to play games

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best deal on 8 lug disc brakes click here-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dr.Danger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2016, 11:56 AM   #30 (permalink)

Member # 174037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Danger View Post
Counting days is horseshit and nearly impossible to do with success, so you're probably right about the pregnancy announcement for your quacky sister in law. Natural birth control however is a real thing, and more effective than any other birth control I know all about it but I'm not going to actually tell you anything other than- if you know what the fuck you're doing, and it's not super easy to do. There are a couple of methods, which I am not going to discuss and they are equally helpful for those who want babies and those who want to avoid them.

I speak with first hand experience, and that of numerous other couples I know. But I wont tell you anything about it because I'm being a troll
Spill it don't troll!
will12785 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2016, 11:57 AM   #31 (permalink)

Member # 98578
After his first radiation appointment, my Grandfather went to the bar instead of subsequent treatments. The scotch didn't work.
Old 04-11-2016, 01:11 PM   #32 (permalink)

Member # 120823
My step father went in for shortness of breath. The Xray looked like his lungs were full of grapes. He was angry due to never smoking, rarely drinking, never working with asbestos or anything. He talked to a Doc who recommended taking melatonin. He started taking it that day, and when he went back in to have the biopsy done, his lungs were clear.

I don't know if it was really cancer though. Hell, could have just been a fucked up Xray film.
leehype is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2016, 01:20 PM   #33 (permalink)

Member # 6417
Send a message via Yahoo to Dieselmh
Quote:
Originally Posted by leehype View Post
My step father went in for shortness of breath. The Xray looked like his lungs were full of grapes. He was angry due to never smoking, rarely drinking, never working with asbestos or anything. He talked to a Doc who recommended taking melatonin. He started taking it that day, and when he went back in to have the biopsy done, his lungs were clear.

I don't know if it was really cancer though. Hell, could have just been a fucked up Xray film.
Could have been nodules. I forget the "real" term for them. Mom has them in her lungs, and since she's had cancer twice, they ran all kinds of tests. They're not cancer, they're just some kind of growths. They can come and go, get larger, smaller, etc. Sometimes they "die" and harden, and will be there forever, but don't really do anything. The Doc said they think it's from irritants, like mowing a lot, or living/working in dusty conditions, etc.
Dieselmh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2016, 05:10 PM   #34 (permalink)

Member # 168243
Quote:
Originally Posted by will12785 View Post
Spill it don't troll!
Most people don't want to hear it which is why I didn't really expand. It's kinda gross.

We use the Creighton method. You use biomarkers and a pretty strict charting routine to figure out where she is on the cycle. Most of the time it's pretty damn close, but if you don't read it correctly, you can be a few days off, resulting in pregnancy. In a nutshell, you steer clear of ovulation, and menstruation (can still get pregnant, and I'm not a fan ).

I forget the name of the other method that works, but this is what we use. My wife doesn't do well on birth control due to mood swings from hell, and we are planning on having kids in the next few years so we figured we would hop off it. After quitting the pill it can take half a year to get onto a normal cycle again, which is why people who aren't all in 100% will fail miserably at it. It takes work.

Quote:
By the way, Irregardless does pass spell check and it is a word. The meaning is exactly the same, you just want to play games

For the best deal on 8 lug disc brakes click here-->
Dr.Danger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2016, 05:19 PM   #35 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 74936
They say the marijuana can cure the cancer. My missing left kidney and I would disagree.

I miss my Kayla.
daddytall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2016, 05:35 PM   #36 (permalink)

Member # 198851
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddytall View Post
They say the marijuana can cure the cancer. My missing left kidney and I would disagree.
Nope... but there has been research stating marijuana MAY inhibit the initial growth of some tumors....
ADChevy4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2016, 09:29 PM   #37 (permalink)
For Kayla

Member # 12343
Send a message via AIM to JParuBob Send a message via MSN to JParuBob Send a message via Yahoo to JParuBob Send a message via Skype™ to JParuBob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselmh View Post
Could have been nodules. I forget the "real" term for them. Mom has them in her lungs, and since she's had cancer twice, they ran all kinds of tests. They're not cancer, they're just some kind of growths. They can come and go, get larger, smaller, etc. Sometimes they "die" and harden, and will be there forever, but don't really do anything. The Doc said they think it's from irritants, like mowing a lot, or living/working in dusty conditions, etc.
Think it's fungal related. I had one that St. Louis didn't tell me about. When I got that message on my cell from the doc's just north, I had asbout a 4 day freakout.

Quote:
Butt secks isn't for everyone........but it is for me!
JParuBob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2016, 07:04 AM   #38 (permalink)

Member # 6417
Send a message via Yahoo to Dieselmh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landslide View Post
I've seen way too many people close to me die or die sooner as a result of chemo, not sure about radiation but it may have a factor in it as well.
You're pumping poison directly into your blood stream, so yeah, it's definitely not "Good" for you, but in a lot of cases, it's better than the alternative. The 2nd time Mom had cancer, the first round of chemo almost killed her. Put her in the cancer ICU for about a week. After that, the oncologist changed up her "cocktail" and it was much better. She still felt like shit, lost her hair, etc, but it didn't almost kill her every time.
Dieselmh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2016, 07:08 AM   #39 (permalink)
DRM
Super Moderator

Member # 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
And something most people don't get is when it comes to cancer and other technical medical issues, it is still mostly a guessing game, granted its educated guessing. But doctors are not geniuses, they are still just people making the best guess based inn the information they have.

So yeah find someone that deals with it alot. The more expierence the better the guessing.
probably the best post in this thread.

>It only hurts the first time you agree with me...
>"A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men."
DRM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2016, 07:11 AM   #40 (permalink)

Member # 85771
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM View Post
probably the best post in this thread.
says the guy billing them for every "guess"
Old 04-12-2016, 07:59 AM   #41 (permalink)
Trail Tampon

Member # 27333
Quote:
Originally Posted by JParuBob View Post
I believe in science. About the only way I'd self treat is if they told me they had done everything they could.
this is the issue for me, i believe in science, and i believe that we can cure most of whats out there. my issue is a dumb as doctors that "practice" any bull shit that the busty Pharm rep is pushing that day.

modern medicine is incredible, the day to day asshole trying to keep up a porsche lease payment is killing our people
rajincajingt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2016, 08:37 AM   #42 (permalink)

Member # 120823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselmh View Post
That sounds like what it was. I only heard about it after the fact, and only heard basically what I posted. The "die and harden" sounds familiar.

My mother has always worked in hospitals, so she claims that some things work, some don't. She is very adamant though that every little bit helps.
leehype is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2016, 08:42 AM   #43 (permalink)
No

Member # 106663
I knew someone that tried some copper electrical deal. It didn't work. Probably way too late .
Old 04-12-2016, 10:04 AM   #44 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 5123
Send a message via Yahoo to Muddin
My mom had breast cancer. A mastectomy and chemo got rid of it.
Dad had lymphoma. His "doctor" couldn't figure out why he had a fever so he decided to pretend he didn't have it. Once I got a hold of him and got him to agree to real doctors, it was too late. Chemo didn't save him.

A patient had skin cancer (basal cell). To get rid of it, all she'd have to do was apply a skin cream or perhaps have it removed with a quick in office procedure where she'd leave with a bandaid over it.
Instead, she decided to pray about it as "treatment". She came to the ER later, her mind changed because she was was septic and on her way out. What started as a little, easily treated spot, turned into an infected oozing mass that ate away her orbital socket and was working on her eye and brain.

Doctors want to help their patients and cure them.
Pharmaceutical companies just want people buying drugs. Ever heard of "maintenance chemo"? If you're "cured" then you keep going to get chemo for the rest of your life. That's what they told a friend of mine with Stage 4 colon cancer. She'll always have to have chemo even if they get it into remission.
Someone has a cure because just about everyone has lost someone they love to cancer and you know there's some researchers in that bunch.
And some company bought it up then stuffed it under the mattress because having customers return for more or having expensive "cocktails" of drugs, or making them live longer to buy your drugs is a much better business model.
But stabbing and beating a clown is.

Argue not to win victory over your opponent, but to advance toward the truth.
Muddin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2016, 10:10 AM   #45 (permalink)

Member # 51775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddin View Post
Someone has a cure because just about everyone has lost someone they love to cancer and you know there's some researchers in that bunch.
And some company bought it up then stuffed it under the mattress because having customers return for more or having expensive "cocktails" of drugs, or making them live longer to buy your drugs is a much better business model.
That theory is as stupid as the one about the car that runs on water being bought by a major oil company so that we still have to buy gas.

Nobody could come up with a cure for cancer (or a car that runs on water) without someone else knowing about it and running their mouth.
Old 04-12-2016, 10:19 AM   #46 (permalink)

Member # 86724
Quote:
every cancer is different at the genetic level.

so until gene therapy for each individual patient becomes a reality, there can't be a cure all for every person's unique cancer.
Old 04-12-2016, 11:02 AM   #47 (permalink)

Member # 198851
Quote:

Doctors want to help their patients and cure them.
Pharmaceutical companies just want people buying drugs. Ever heard of "maintenance chemo"? If you're "cured" then you keep going to get chemo for the rest of your life. That's what they told a friend of mine with Stage 4 colon cancer. She'll always have to have chemo even if they get it into remission.
Maintenance is being used more for certain situations from what I read. Some cancers respond better to control rather than trying to kill it all. And some patients might not survive aggressive treatments.
My mother was a heavy smoker, drinker and pill user most of her life and when she got lung cancer she wasn't treated..Her clarity of mind near the end leads me to believe she committed suicide despite what my dad and the death certificate said....
ADChevy4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2016, 11:26 AM   #48 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 5123
Send a message via Yahoo to Muddin
Maintenance because the chemo never actually cures it. The rest of her life she'll need to keep buying chemo.

They've identified over 500 different cancer related proteins which scientists say drugs can attack. But they aren't developing this because the companies are concerned about profits.

There's promise regarding treating cancer with DCA. Studies on human cells with it doing well on lung cancer, breast cancer and brain cancer while leaving healthy cells alone.
Why isn't it being developed? Because you can't patent it.

Pharmaceuticals is a business, not a charity. If it were a charity, we'd have cures available. threadneedsdrama
But stabbing and beating a clown is.

Argue not to win victory over your opponent, but to advance toward the truth.

Last edited by Muddin; 04-12-2016 at 11:34 AM.
Muddin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2016, 11:44 AM   #49 (permalink)

Member # 377
I don't get the conspiracy theories on these things. Don't you think big pharm companies could make a helluva lot more money treating diseases like polio, small pox, etc. rather than selling vaccines for a few bucks? There's another conspiracy theory. We don't need all thses vaccines, they're just shoved down our throats by big pharm.

Some of the policies of some pharm companies are borderline despicable, but you're insane if you think there wouldn't be massive profits from a true cancer cure all.

I don't get the thought processes behind these types of conspiracy theories, but my guess is that it's easier and possibly less scary for some people to create a boogeyman rather than simply admit that despite all of the advances in modern medicine we're still at the whim of nature when it comes to a lot of things. We're mortal beings and we'll all die one day of something. There's only so much modern medicine can do to fight that inevitability.
east_beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2016, 11:44 AM   #50 (permalink)

Member # 51775
Quote:
Maintenance because the chemo never actually cures it. The rest of her life she'll need to keep buying chemo.

They've identified over 500 different cancer related proteins which scientists say drugs can attack. But they aren't developing this because the companies are concerned about profits.

There's promise regarding treating cancer with DCA. Studies on human cells with it doing well on lung cancer, breast cancer and brain cancer while leaving healthy cells alone.
Why isn't it being developed? Because you can't patent it.

Pharmaceuticals is a business, not a charity. If it were a charity, we'd have cures available. threadneedsdrama
I am not sure if you have been mislead, or if you made all that up, yourself.

They do not cure much of anything. They find ways to fight disease. Do you also think there is cure for the common cold hidden under someone's mattress?

Are you a participant in disease research all day, every day, or are you a nurse that thinks she knows all about it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in