Whole milk and high fat dairy may prevent diabetes - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2016, 09:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice
 
Haole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Member # 5859
Location: Here!
Posts: 108,055
Blog Entries: 1
Whole milk and high fat dairy may prevent diabetes

Full-fat dairy 'reduces risk of diabetes and helps you LOSE weight' | Daily Mail Online

Decades worth of dietary advise has drummed into us that skimmed milk is better than whole.

The reduced fat content was hailed as being beneficial to health - and vital in helping keep obesity in check.

But now, two new studies have revealed we may be better off sticking with the full-fat option.

Scientists determined that people who consume full-fat dairy generally weigh less than those who drink skim.

Furthermore, those who drink whole milk are 46 per cent less likely to develop diabetes than their low-fat favoring counterparts.

The findings come as the World Health Organization reported that the world is facing 'staggering' levels of diabetes, with the deadly disease now affecting 422 million people worldwide.

The number of adults with the disease has quadrupled in just 34 years with nearly one in 11 people now estimated to have it, according to the WHO.

For several decades, major dietary guidelines have recommended low-fat dairy products – as well as the avoidance of whole-fat dairy.

Those guidelines were based on predictions regarding bone health and cardiovascular disease.

However, neither low-fat nor whole-fat dairy foods were found to have major effects on traditional heart disease risk factors, according to a team of Tufts University scientists.

The scientists analyzed the blood of 3,333 adults participating in the Nurses’ Health Study and Health Professionals Follow-up Study, which was taken over the course of 15 years.

The study, published in the journal Circulation, determined that people who had higher levels of full-fat dairy had a reduced risk of developing diabetes than those with lower levels.

The scientists determined that three dairy biomarkers – plasma 15:0 and 17:0, and trans-16:1 n-7 – as well as fatty acids, are responsible for the lower incidence of diabetes.

The scientists wrote: 'These results provide new evidence on associations of dairy-derived circulating fatty acids and risk of diabetes.'

Additionally, a separate study from Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard University and Karolinska Institute looked at the effects of full-fat and low-fat dairy on obesity.

They examined 18,438 women from the Women’s Health Study.

After nearly 11 years, 8,238 of those women became obese, the study authors wrote in the American Journal of Nutrition.

The scientists found that women who consumed the most high-fat dairy products were less likely to become obese.

They also determined that greater intake of high-fat dairy – not low-fat dairy – was associated with less weight gain.

Globally, more men than women now have diabetes, with experts attributing the soaring rates to the obesity epidemic.

The results of the two studies fall in line with a recent research suggesting that high-fat foods can be beneficial for a person’s health.

Dr Aseem Malhorta, a cardiologist in Surrey, UK, recently told Men’s Health that he encourages his patients to eat fat.

'These days I make a point of telling my patients – many of whom are coping with debilitating heart problems – to avoid anything bearing the label “low fat",’ Dr Malhorta said.

‘Better instead, I tell them, to embrace full fat dairy and other saturated fats within the context of a healthy eating plan.’

The doctor explained that in some cases, lowering cholesterol levels actually increases cardiovascular death and mortality.

Meanwhile, in healthy people over 60, a higher cholesterol is associated with a lower risk of mortality, he added.

And in 2014, Swedish researchers found that people with the highest consumption of high-fat dairy products – eight or more a day – have a 23 per cent lower risk of developing diabetes than people who eat one portion or less per day.

The study's lead author Dr Ulrika Ericson, of Lund University Diabetes Centre in Malmo, Sweden, said: 'Our observations may contribute to clarifying previous findings regarding dietary fats and their food sources in relation to type 2 diabetes.

'The decreased risk at high intakes of high fat dairy products, but not of low-fat dairy products, indicate that dairy fat, at least partly, explains observed protective associations between dairy intake and type 2 diabetes.’
__________________
Ka 'aina uluwehi, ko kakou
kuleana.


- The lush life-giving land, our personal responsibility.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Darlington County Chapter
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2016, 09:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered User
 
wichita lineman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Member # 126327
Location: The Hills of NW East TN
Posts: 6,538
I won't drink anything but whole milk. Was raised on it.
wichita lineman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2016, 09:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
EMT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member # 69553
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 5,079
I never could choke 2 percent or lower milk down,its like drinking white water. It was whole milk or nothing for me and i drink the shit out of milk.
EMT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2016, 09:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Member # 13467
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Posts: 5,630
More evidence that eating real, natural food is better for you in the long run than all of the "improved" junk on the market.
__________________
[QUOTE=Willyswanter's Dad;8398776]I'm trying to find spinner caps that will fit the wheels so when I'm stuck it will look as though I'm still wheeling[/QUOTE]
Ben Segrest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2016, 09:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Lil Uzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Member # 6359
Location: Pond
Posts: 15,262
Fail. Increase in cholesterol will have any reputable physician haul you in for a lecture and failing in that, a prescription for medication. Insurance Industry requires it. You are not even an organism any more, but an actuarial statistic.

{/ Crusty font -suck it up buttercup- crusty font \}



The data sucks. Get up off your ass and exercise. Eat less. What really maters is if the caloric intake drops. Take it in milk fat Hagen Daz or white rice carbos. End of story for 95% of the lardos going into Type II.
__________________
not surprized yer confused yer face was burried in the pillow pretty deep as gizim drunk as you were
Lil Uzi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2016, 09:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
No
 
Filthy McChevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Member # 106663
Location: South Park
Posts: 15,430
I like cheese.
__________________
Durrhh.
Filthy McChevy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2016, 09:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered User
 
wichita lineman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Member # 126327
Location: The Hills of NW East TN
Posts: 6,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Segrest View Post
More evidence that eating real, natural food is better for you in the long run than all of the "improved" junk on the market.
As much as I love it, I wouldn't call it 'natural'. It's homogenised and pasturised, they just leave the fat in it. Straight from the utter is o'nat-chu-ral. IMO
wichita lineman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2016, 09:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Member # 94825
Location: I'm sexy and I know it!
Posts: 10,621
I drink ultra filtered nonfat milk. I've lost 193 pounds and don't have diabeetus.

I'd bet overall diet and activity level has a larger impact than the type of milk you drink.
__________________
[QUOTE=1TON73K5;14686609]Like you have ANYTHING to say with a avatar like that. Pig.[/QUOTE]
RedPurdueYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2016, 09:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Rednek
 
billybob_81067's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Member # 52387
Location: Rocky Ford, Colorado
Posts: 8,732
Send a message via AIM to billybob_81067 Send a message via MSN to billybob_81067 Send a message via Yahoo to billybob_81067
I like to put a nice big glug of heavy whipping cream on my cereal along with the whole milk... Its healthy right?
__________________
The one, the only, the Dane.
billybob_81067 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2016, 09:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Member # 3723
Location: A bridge too far
Posts: 2,294
If you look into the history of the whole 'low fat' bullshit regime which American's swallowed in spades, you will find out how fucking WRONG it is, and based on shitty scientific protocols.

It all started with a pompous egghead fuck knuckle in Minnesota named Ancel Keys. He was a Dr. at Mayo Clinic, then the Univ. of MN. He did a study for the government to figure out what was needed to feed the people of Europe after the U.S. bombed the fuck out of their country, fields, and factories by purposely starving three dozen Americans at the UMN campus to understand 'nutrition'. He effectively ignored the known scientific research of multiple decades from Germany because *nazis* and was just a bullheaded ass.

His follow-up to starving people was to do a 'study' of people around the world, and effectively saying 'fat is bad - DO NOT EAT FAT! OMG WE ARE ALL DYING!!!!!'. Even though other experts in with more experience and prestige said he was wrong, the .gov said he must know his shit, because, well, he starved people for the U S of A

And with the backing of 'merica, the AHA and the USDA (being heavily associated with .gov) got on board, and basically fucked up our populous for the last 60+ years

And even though others put out studies and research clearly outlining that carbohydrates and sugar (more importantly FRUCTOSE) are the reason we are all fat and dying (including research from British nutritionist John Yudkin), Ancel was such a pompous egghead that he couldn't accept any answer other than his, going so far to work to publicly discredit anyone with an opinion other than his Oh, and do you think the USDA would ever want to make a food pyramid without corn, wheat, rice and HFCS on it? Um, well, who does the USDA ride around on the ballsack of? Big Ag, that's who.

So, we keep eating poison, and .gov keeps lying about it. This is my shocked face.

I eat eggs, bacon, meat, veggies, and fats everyday. No carbs, no sugar, no starchy veg. My health has improved, so FUCK Ancel
__________________
Entropy "After a solid fifteen minutes of passing what felt like multiple babies out my purple starfish, it was over....When I stood up and looked back at my handy work I was pleasantly surprised to find nearly all the water in the toilet completely displaced by what was now a literal MOUND of crap"
themaddhatter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2016, 10:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Member # 94825
Location: I'm sexy and I know it!
Posts: 10,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by themaddhatter View Post
If you look into the history of the whole 'low fat' bullshit regime which American's swallowed in spades, you will find out how fucking WRONG it is, and based on shitty scientific protocols.

It all started with a pompous egghead fuck knuckle in Minnesota named Ancel Keys. He was a Dr. at Mayo Clinic, then the Univ. of MN. He did a study for the government to figure out what was needed to feed the people of Europe after the U.S. bombed the fuck out of their country, fields, and factories by purposely starving three dozen Americans at the UMN campus to understand 'nutrition'. He effectively ignored the known scientific research of multiple decades from Germany because *nazis* and was just a bullheaded ass.

His follow-up to starving people was to do a 'study' of people around the world, and effectively saying 'fat is bad - DO NOT EAT FAT! OMG WE ARE ALL DYING!!!!!'. Even though other experts in with more experience and prestige said he was wrong, the .gov said he must know his shit, because, well, he starved people for the U S of A

And with the backing of 'merica, the AHA and the USDA (being heavily associated with .gov) got on board, and basically fucked up our populous for the last 60+ years

And even though others put out studies and research clearly outlining that carbohydrates and sugar (more importantly FRUCTOSE) are the reason we are all fat and dying (including research from British nutritionist John Yudkin), Ancel was such a pompous egghead that he couldn't accept any answer other than his, going so far to work to publicly discredit anyone with an opinion other than his Oh, and do you think the USDA would ever want to make a food pyramid without corn, wheat, rice and HFCS on it? Um, well, who does the USDA ride around on the ballsack of? Big Ag, that's who.

So, we keep eating poison, and .gov keeps lying about it. This is my shocked face.

I eat eggs, bacon, meat, veggies, and fats everyday. No carbs, no sugar, no starchy veg. My health has improved, so FUCK Ancel
Tl;Dr

Caloric density.
__________________
[QUOTE=1TON73K5;14686609]Like you have ANYTHING to say with a avatar like that. Pig.[/QUOTE]
RedPurdueYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2016, 10:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Member # 3723
Location: A bridge too far
Posts: 2,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPurdueYJ View Post
Tl;Dr

Caloric density.
Cliffs: The way we ate for thousands of years is better than the way we have been eating for the last 60.

__________________
Entropy "After a solid fifteen minutes of passing what felt like multiple babies out my purple starfish, it was over....When I stood up and looked back at my handy work I was pleasantly surprised to find nearly all the water in the toilet completely displaced by what was now a literal MOUND of crap"
themaddhatter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2016, 10:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Member # 94825
Location: I'm sexy and I know it!
Posts: 10,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by themaddhatter View Post
Cliffs: The way we ate for thousands of years is better than the way we have been eating for the last 60.

It's really not that simple.

Life expectedly continues to rise.

Physical activity and exercise continues to lower.

The cause of "declining health" is not as simple as food.
__________________
[QUOTE=1TON73K5;14686609]Like you have ANYTHING to say with a avatar like that. Pig.[/QUOTE]
RedPurdueYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2016, 10:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Member # 3723
Location: A bridge too far
Posts: 2,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPurdueYJ View Post
It's really not that simple.

Life expectedly continues to rise.

Physical activity and exercise continues to lower.

The cause of "declining health" is not as simple as food.
Ok, let's discuss that:

- We live longer, because of advances in medicine and disease eradication.
- How many people do you know is exist BECAUSE they eat a fistful of 'scripts every day? Yeah, they are alive, but they aren't doing shit right. There is a certain 'quality of life' factor to include in there. My FIL takes ~ 15 different scripts, half of which are to counteract the side effects of the shit he's on. His wife was the same way, until her heart exploded at 65. Yay pharma Proper nutrition would most likely get 90% of those 'scripts gone. But do pill makers & doctors make anything off that?

If you look at at all into it, you will find out how HFCS is essentially liquid poison, tricks you into overeating, and wildly fucks your brain, liver & nutritional absorption pathways. And it has been used in increasing amounts in our food supply since the late 1960's.

And for caloric density, yeah, non-starch veggies are good (fiber pushes shit along). But, high fat foods (including omega-3s) and protein offer a greater effect on satiation, especially over time (so long as you don't inhale your food and eat at a reasonable rate). Eating protein and fats keeps you from feeling hungry longer than carbs & sugars.

Fat doesn't make you fat: carbs & sugars do. Simple. Yes, it is that simple.

Oh, and over the last 25 years, our leisure exercise rate in the U.S. has gone from 30% to 25%. While we are more sedentary in our careers, nutrition may be the ultimate culprit.
__________________
Entropy "After a solid fifteen minutes of passing what felt like multiple babies out my purple starfish, it was over....When I stood up and looked back at my handy work I was pleasantly surprised to find nearly all the water in the toilet completely displaced by what was now a literal MOUND of crap"

Last edited by themaddhatter; 04-18-2016 at 10:38 PM.
themaddhatter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2016, 10:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Member # 94825
Location: I'm sexy and I know it!
Posts: 10,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by themaddhatter View Post
Ok, let's discuss that:

- We live longer, because of advances in medicine and disease eradication.
- How many people do you know is exist BECAUSE they eat a fistful of 'scripts every day? Yeah, they are alive, but they aren't doing shit right. There is a certain 'quality of life' factor to include in there. My FIL takes ~ 15 different scripts, half of which are to counteract the side effects of the shit he's on. His wife was the same way, until her heart exploded at 65. Yay pharma Proper nutrition would most likely get 90% of those 'scripts gone. But do pill makers & doctors make anything off that?

If you look at at all into it, you will find out how HFCS is essentially liquid poison, tricks you into overeating, and wildly fucks your brain, liver & nutritional absorption pathways. And it has been used in increasing amounts in our food supply since the late 1960's.

And for caloric density, yeah, non-starch veggies are good (fiber pushes shit along). But, high fat foods (including omega-3s) and protein offer a greater effect on satiation, especially over time (so long as you don't inhale your food and eat at a reasonable rate). Eating protein and fats keeps you from feeling hungry longer than carbs & sugars.

Fat doesn't make you fat: carbs & sugars do. Simple. Yes, it is that simple.
No, it's not that simple.

You say society is not as healthy, but yet we are living longer. Then you say modern medicine is to than for this, but in the same breath say it is causing worse health. Make up your mind.

And the types of fat also come into play. You can eat bacon and be thin as a rail. Enjoy that heart attack at 50.

It's a complex issue that deserves a multifaceted approach that addresses nutrition and activity level. It's not as simple as saying "eat this and you'll be healthy" or "don't eat that or you'll die." That's the shit fad diets and 3am infomercials are made of.
__________________
[QUOTE=1TON73K5;14686609]Like you have ANYTHING to say with a avatar like that. Pig.[/QUOTE]
RedPurdueYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2016, 11:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Member # 3723
Location: A bridge too far
Posts: 2,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPurdueYJ View Post
No, it's not that simple.

You say society is not as healthy, but yet we are living longer. Then you say modern medicine is to than for this, but in the same breath say it is causing worse health. Make up your mind.

And the types of fat also come into play. You can eat bacon and be thin as a rail. Enjoy that heart attack at 50.

It's a complex issue that deserves a multifaceted approach that addresses nutrition and activity level. It's not as simple as saying "eat this and you'll be healthy" or "don't eat that or you'll die." That's the shit fad diets and 3am infomercials are made of.
Sure.

Why we live longer:

- Decreasing rates of smoking
- Advances in medical procedures/treatments/drugs
- Decreasing rates of cancer deaths due to decreasing rates of smoking & advances in cancer treatments SOURCE

Dark side of pharma:
- More people die from prescription drugs every year than in car wrecks. And many of them are NOT from abuse, just shitty drug side effects & interactions SOURCE

So yeah, I will talk shit about pharma, because it is a double-edged sword: don't count of big pharma to solve all your problems. They can fix specific issues, but then you balance that with the side effects. Look at the side effects of statins (the pharma answer to shitty cardiovascular health due to crappy diet).

American health:

The prevalent COD in the U.S. is cardiovascular disease SOURCE

When it comes to CVD, cholesterol, HDL, LDL, and triglycerides all play a part in the game.

What do we find when we look into the modern research?

- High sugar diets linked to obesity, diabetes, AND low HDL (the good one) & higher triglycerides SOURCE SOURCE
- Saturated fat (such as bacon) doesn't kill you SOURCE
HFCS is poison SOURCE SOURCE SOURCE

And finally,

- Nutrition vs exercise for weight control & health? Jury is still out SOURCE SOURCE SOURCE

But, it's a complex issue that deserves a multifaceted approach that addresses nutrition and activity level. But, from the last article, 'You can't out-exercise a bad diet'

If you eat shit, you will feel like shit. There's a reason why Paleo, LCHF, and other 'non-pyramid' eating lifestyles are becoming more commonplace and accepted by medical professionals. In fact, LCHF (low carb; high fat) is actually the preferred dietary regiment recommended to people with Type II or per-diabetes, because it WORKS, even though it completely throws the food pyramid in the trash.
__________________
Entropy "After a solid fifteen minutes of passing what felt like multiple babies out my purple starfish, it was over....When I stood up and looked back at my handy work I was pleasantly surprised to find nearly all the water in the toilet completely displaced by what was now a literal MOUND of crap"
themaddhatter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2016, 11:54 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Member # 94825
Location: I'm sexy and I know it!
Posts: 10,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by themaddhatter View Post
Sure.

Why we live longer:

- Decreasing rates of smoking
- Advances in medical procedures/treatments/drugs
- Decreasing rates of cancer deaths due to decreasing rates of smoking & advances in cancer treatments SOURCE

Dark side of pharma:
- More people die from prescription drugs every year than in car wrecks. And many of them are NOT from abuse, just shitty drug side effects & interactions SOURCE

So yeah, I will talk shit about pharma, because it is a double-edged sword: don't count of big pharma to solve all your problems. They can fix specific issues, but then you balance that with the side effects. Look at the side effects of statins (the pharma answer to shitty cardiovascular health due to crappy diet).

American health:

The prevalent COD in the U.S. is cardiovascular disease SOURCE

When it comes to CVD, cholesterol, HDL, LDL, and triglycerides all play a part in the game.

What do we find when we look into the modern research?

- High sugar diets linked to obesity, diabetes, AND low HDL (the good one) & higher triglycerides SOURCE SOURCE
- Saturated fat (such as bacon) doesn't kill you SOURCE
HFCS is poison SOURCE SOURCE SOURCE

And finally,

- Nutrition vs exercise for weight control & health? Jury is still out SOURCE SOURCE SOURCE

But, it's a complex issue that deserves a multifaceted approach that addresses nutrition and activity level. But, from the last article, 'You can't out-exercise a bad diet'

If you eat shit, you will feel like shit. There's a reason why Paleo, LCHF, and other 'non-pyramid' eating lifestyles are becoming more commonplace and accepted by medical professionals. In fact, LCHF (low carb; high fat) is actually the preferred dietary regiment recommended to people with Type II or per-diabetes, because it WORKS, even though it completely throws the food pyramid in the trash.
Have fun with your fad diets. It appears you didn't even read your sources.

But hey, what the fuck do I know about losing weight and becoming healthier without buying into a bullshit fad diet.
__________________
[QUOTE=1TON73K5;14686609]Like you have ANYTHING to say with a avatar like that. Pig.[/QUOTE]
RedPurdueYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2016, 12:27 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered User
 
trampas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Member # 5433
Location: San Mexico, Ca.
Posts: 66,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPurdueYJ View Post

I'd bet overall diet and activity level has a larger impact than the type of milk you drink.

I devoured a whole bag of Cheetos and jacked off while reading your post. How am i doin?
__________________
What are we supposed to do with nature, just stare at it? Is it like porn with leaves?
:Philipoff2:
trampas is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2016, 12:32 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Member # 94825
Location: I'm sexy and I know it!
Posts: 10,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by trampas View Post
I devoured a whole bag of Cheetos and jacked off while reading your post. How am i doin?
Proving that it ain't easy bein' cheesy.
__________________
[QUOTE=1TON73K5;14686609]Like you have ANYTHING to say with a avatar like that. Pig.[/QUOTE]
RedPurdueYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2016, 01:04 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member # 43837
Location: NNW-ish Houston, TX
Posts: 24,329
When are people going to realize that low fat shit makes you fat?

Lol.
__________________
RIP SPRING CREEK OFF ROAD
bigbroncojeff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2016, 01:26 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member # 146689
Location: Oly, WA
Posts: 1,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPurdueYJ View Post
Have fun with your fad diets. It appears you didn't even read your sources.

But hey, what the fuck do I know about losing weight and becoming healthier without buying into a bullshit fad diet.
Yeah the whole low carb thing is not really going away.....

One of my buddies is counting calories and he's down 40# since the last time I saw him a couple months ago. It works, but there is something to be said for the whole health thing being more than just calories in vs out.

So you were like 400# and are now 200#? So if diet is 80% could you have gotten to 250# with no exercises?
__________________
I'm on a mother fuckin' gravy train with biscuit wheels!
RusM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2016, 03:36 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Member # 124967
Posts: 12,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPurdueYJ View Post
I drink ultra filtered nonfat milk. I've lost 193 pounds and don't have diabeetus.

I'd bet overall diet and activity level has a larger impact than the type of milk you drink.
NOBODY gets fat from EATING fat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPurdueYJ View Post
It's really not that simple.

Life expectedly continues to rise.

Physical activity and exercise continues to lower.

The cause of "declining health" is not as simple as food.
Quite correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPurdueYJ View Post
No, it's not that simple.

You say society is not as healthy, but yet we are living longer. Then you say modern medicine is to than for this, but in the same breath say it is causing worse health. Make up your mind.

And the types of fat also come into play. You can eat bacon and be thin as a rail. Enjoy that heart attack at 50.
You're full of shit on this. Get it right. I know you've come a long way fatty, but don't start talking about things you don't know about.
Tigerchief is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2016, 03:46 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Member # 124967
Posts: 12,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by themaddhatter View Post
Sure.

Why we live longer:

- Decreasing rates of smoking (Not much of a factor, WAY overblown beyond scientific fact, it's complicated)
- Advances in medical procedures/treatments/drugs
- Decreasing rates of cancer deaths due to decreasing rates of smoking & advances in cancer treatments SOURCE

Dark side of pharma:
- More people die from prescription drugs every year than in car wrecks. And many of them are NOT from abuse, just shitty drug side effects & interactions SOURCE

So yeah, I will talk shit about pharma, because it is a double-edged sword: don't count of big pharma to solve all your problems. They can fix specific issues, but then you balance that with the side effects. Look at the side effects of statins (the pharma answer to shitty cardiovascular health due to crappy diet).

American health:

The prevalent COD in the U.S. is cardiovascular disease SOURCE

When it comes to CVD, cholesterol, HDL, LDL, and triglycerides all play a part in the game.

What do we find when we look into the modern research?

- High sugar diets linked to obesity, diabetes, AND low HDL (the good one) & higher triglycerides SOURCE SOURCE
- Saturated fat (such as bacon) doesn't kill you SOURCE
HFCS is poison SOURCE SOURCE SOURCE

And finally,

- Nutrition vs exercise for weight control & health? Jury is still out SOURCE SOURCE SOURCE

But, it's a complex issue that deserves a multifaceted approach that addresses nutrition and activity level. But, from the last article, 'You can't out-exercise a bad diet'

If you eat shit, you will feel like shit. There's a reason why Paleo, LCHF, and other 'non-pyramid' eating lifestyles are becoming more commonplace and accepted by medical professionals. In fact, LCHF (low carb; high fat) is actually the preferred dietary regiment recommended to people with Type II or per-diabetes, because it WORKS, even though it completely throws the food pyramid in the trash.
This.

Don't eat out of cans.
Tigerchief is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2016, 04:10 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Member # 101407
Location: 'Murica
Posts: 8,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by wichita lineman View Post
As much as I love it, I wouldn't call it 'natural'. It's homogenised and pasturised, they just leave the fat in it. Straight from the utter is o'nat-chu-ral. IMO
That is why right from the teat is best.
Elvis38 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2016, 04:37 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Member # 181491
Location: East, TN
Posts: 3,038
It seems like we know less about nutrition than any other scientific subject.
crispins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.