critique my house floor plan - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2016, 02:24 PM   #26 (permalink)

Member # 63299
you can also lay out "furniture" with painters tape on the gound. mark off your walls then start placing your "furniture" around the room and see what works.
Old 06-09-2016, 02:25 PM   #27 (permalink)

Member # 63299
you can also lay out "furniture" with painters tape on the gound. mark off your walls then start placing your "furniture" around the room and see what works.
Old 06-09-2016, 02:35 PM   #28 (permalink)
Take a Knee

Member # 44531
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM View Post
We put in a master tub and separate shower for our addition in 2010 - the only time we used the tub was for bathing the littlest... My wife or I have *never* been in it in 6 years. Wish we had done a different layout and BIGGER walk-in shower.
Yup.

Quote:
We have one. I use it 2x a month, and the only reason is I step outside to shave my head so I don't have to clean up the hair. It was also nice when moving furniture in... but that's it.
I don't know a lot of people that use them as an exit on a regular basis but they're great as an emergency exit and work well if you have a hot tub nearby. They also give a nice view of the back yard ... if you have a nice back yard.

Quote:
Depends on local codes. For us - they went by whatever we labeled the room in our plans, as long as we had equal or less bedrooms than the septic perked for.
So ... label it as a bedroom and use it however you want.
Old 06-09-2016, 02:38 PM   #29 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 386
Send a message via ICQ to MattS
Quote:
Originally Posted by miniwally View Post
If you have a truck at least one bay of the garage needs to be at least 30' deep, a crew cab long bed truck is like 27' long,
I agree he need more length. But the fact is a crew cab long box truck is less than 22 feet long. My garage is 26 feet deep and there is plenty of room. Do I wish it was 30? Sure.

2016 Ford Super Duty | View Exterior Specifications | Ford.com

For that matter If he is building and he's not doing an outbuilding I would do a 4 car wide and the last 3 stalls double deep. That way the woman of the house parks in the first short stall. The 2nd is his parking spot/tools/workbench and the rest of it is storage/shop space.
MattS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2016, 02:56 PM   #30 (permalink)

Member # 26411
Quote:
Originally Posted by CronusTRD View Post
Those big ass soaker jacuzzi tubs suck. Mine takes forever to fill, and frankly, we just don't need a two person bathtub. We are ditching ours during the next remodel.
[QUOTE=Mudinyeri;37111634]

1. Get rid of the big corner tub in the master bath. Everyone is tearing those out now and putting in walk-in showers, which you have.

Quote:
We put in a master tub and separate shower for our addition in 2010 - the only time we used the tub was for bathing the littlest... My wife or I have *never* been in it in 6 years. Wish we had done a different layout and BIGGER walk-in shower.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderman View Post
Is there back yard behind the rear garage wall? I would SO put either a large man door or a golf cart sized garage door in the wall somewhere. My Mom built a new house with an amazing 4 season room and very nice back yard. If you need a screw driver while in the back yard its a 40 yard walk to get one and there are 4 doors in your way during your journey.

If I were ever to build a house the bedrooms (other than master) would be layed out so as to have a central laundry room. That way each room or bathroom could have a dirty clothes hamper that tilts into the laundry room and walk in closets that have rear doors to access the laundry. Laundry to bedroom logistics is the biggest gripe in my home. I hate a laundry basket!!!

yep, i think we've use our jacuzzi tub maybe 5 times in 16 years. waste of money.

garage door on the backside and the laundry idea are great.
jplive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2016, 02:58 PM   #31 (permalink)

Member # 13786
If the garage is also going to be your shop. I would detach it from the house and put in a breezeway. Attached to the house will require building a firewall between the 2 regardless. Noise and dirt are another consideration. 2 insulated walls between the living quarters would reduce noise considerably. Plus you'll gain the corner of your house back to fix the angled problems and increase the size of the MB and bath

Forget the 9' ceiling, go standard 8. Living room short vaulted (like a 3/12 pitch) Ever have to maintain a cathedral ceiling (cobwebs, dusting) or paint it? Think into the future about maintaining all this.

Last edited by KWTMECH; 06-09-2016 at 03:03 PM.
KWTMECH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2016, 12:10 AM   #32 (permalink)

Member # 132925
- No storage in the bathroom for bedrooms 2 and 3

- move the closets in bedrooms 2 and 3 against the walls that share with the bathroom, nobody wants their bed next to the toilet

- If that is a stairway to the second floor, there is room for a closet underneath it, plus you can make a nice entryway alcove for storage.

- The half bath by the garage appears to be an after thought to fill the wasted space. Do you want to have guests walking by your master and laundry room? Also it doesnt appear to have a window which I think is code. With a little bit of redesign to the floor plan that room could become the laundry

- the door way to the master is wasteful. The weird angles cause it to lose space

- the laundry room, closet, and locker space are taking up way too much space. by getting rid of the closet and locker space the office could push that wall out by 2 feet, or a the pantry could be moved to that side and made much bigger

if it were me I would swap the master with the 2 other bedrooms as there seems to be a lot of compromised space . And I would want a TV room thats not using the great room's layout. As the TV will be over the fireplace or stuck in the corner

Last edited by Citzen_Hawk; 06-10-2016 at 12:12 AM.
Citzen_Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2016, 04:18 AM   #33 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 13671
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWTMECH View Post
If the garage is also going to be your shop. I would detach it from the house and put in a breezeway. Attached to the house will require building a firewall between the 2 regardless. Noise and dirt are another consideration. 2 insulated walls between the living quarters would reduce noise considerably. Plus you'll gain the corner of your house back to fix the angled problems and increase the size of the MB and bath
I dont think noise is going to be an issue even with it attached. Looking at the layout- there is enough "stuff" there between the garage and living room/kitchen/dining that i could probably run a chopsaw at the far end of the garage and not bother wife in the living area. Master bedroom is a different story- if she likes to sleep late and he likes to get an early start on the grinder then they're in trouble.
45acp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2016, 04:45 AM   #34 (permalink)

Member # 32263
critique my house floor plan

If you have kids I'd rather the master where it is.
The things that stand out it me as said by others.
Slop sink in the garage.
Window in the main bath.
Soundproof the office if it is a real working space.
Kitchen looks meh to me.
I'd redo the main bath/bedroom closet so bath tub is sideways to get to a window.

Last edited by richdoc; 06-10-2016 at 04:49 AM.
richdoc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2016, 05:00 AM   #35 (permalink)

Member # 3935
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001tacoma View Post
It was drawn in Softplan, I had never seen that Don Gardner website before in my search
You did a damn good job. I almost built a house that looked just like that.

I'll see if I can find the plan tonight.
southernfriedcj8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2016, 05:19 AM   #36 (permalink)
Roo skin seat covers

Member # 342298
It's personal preference, but I've never built, worked on, or even been through a house with a plan that had angled off rooms and hallways like that didn't feel confusing on some level. It's wanky when not needed due to the size and shape of the block or so.

The whole Feng Shui (can't think of a better term) is totally shit with angled plans like that.

More pain in the ass for the trades, never worked with a tradie that didn't like it here either. For looks or working on them.

We often work on a square metre rate. When we work on tri shaped plans, our rates go up to tri metre rates, cos not square no more.

Ditch it if possible I would says Yoda.

Keep in mind where I'm from

Some people like it. If you do then of course stick with it. If not, fix it up.

Last edited by 3nuts; 06-10-2016 at 05:24 AM.
3nuts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2016, 05:35 AM   #37 (permalink)
Roo skin seat covers

Member # 342298
Oh, I also just thought about something else. Maybe a trim carpenter (that's what I think you're called over there, internal architrave, skirtings, doors fitter?) can see this too.

Please, try and size your halls, passages, wall placement so it suits the overall width size of a door with a full door architrave on each side. And windows too.

Having a door/window architrave, then 1/2" of plaster, then a wall intersection is really lame. When you could have easily had the wall instersection hard against a full arhcitrave or even just had to trim a little bit off a full architrave for perfect fit up against the wall.

It cheapens a home when there is a 2" door arch on one side and a 3" on the other. Or 2" one side, 4" of plaster on the other. Looks hack as all shit.

It's quite easy to get those visually important aspects right. It's little things like that during the plan drawing stage that make it much betterer.
3nuts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2016, 06:49 AM   #38 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 38193
Quote:
Originally Posted by non-OP View Post
you should also lay out the beds, night stands, desks, couches, etc to scale to see how much room you will actually have.
Exactly this.

This house is waay big for a 3 bedroom. Bigger than it needs to be.

For comparison, I'm designing a two bedroom that's 1650 sq.ft. and the great room is larger than this one (for house concerts).

Keep refining. It took about 6 months of tweaking with the customer to get the dream to fit the budget.

What you've drawn would be around 350-375K built here in California with quality materials.
That's why they call it the Present

—Eleanor Rososevelt
Screwzer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2016, 07:00 AM   #39 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 38193
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3nuts View Post
It's personal preference, but I've never built, worked on, or even been through a house with a plan that had angled off rooms and hallways like that didn't feel confusing on some level. It's wanky when not needed due to the size and shape of the block or so.
Its not impossible, but it is way harder to design with a 45° angle, and generally leads to inefficient use of space. That's why he has a rediculously huge closet in the master bedroom, and the huge master suite entry. Same with Laundry room.

Also, what the fuck are those bumpouts in Bedroom #3, Office, and end of garage? Every one of those adds about $3K to the build, and t doesn't include finish (I assume its some sort of accent). Furthermore, if you have to comply with seismic (or tornado?) building codes, those bumpouts just compromised your sheer strength which you'll have to overcome with straps, anchors, etc. to maintain tural integrity.

Corners cost money. You need to cut a bunch of 'em out..

You should be able to get a very comfy house within about 1800 sq. ft.

—Eleanor Rososevelt
Old 06-10-2016, 08:11 AM   #40 (permalink)

Member # 43837
Dryer vent will be a bitch.

Where is your outside oven exhaust?

Needs a bigger pantry. Everyone drools over our 6'x7' and i wouldn't mind if it were even bigger.

Tub that big better be two person with jets... we use ours about 6 times a year... its fun and relaxing. Have bigass shower as well. Put a door on yours so it isn't drafty.

Sink and urinal in garage.

Is it open on the back side of garage? Put an extra door on the back side and a pad. A freind of ours did this and I'm super jealous. I thought I was cool for having ceiling fans in the garage.

Closets closets closets. We have a christmas closet, a coat one, a family game one, a gift wrap one/unused wall hangings one, an office supply one.

No wet bar?
Old 06-10-2016, 08:25 AM   #41 (permalink)

Member # 397210
i know a lot of the comments have been critical of your design but you will thank us later. better to be irritated at the negativity from us, then be pissed at yourself once you build it.
non-OP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2016, 08:37 AM   #42 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 5859
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattS View Post
I agree he need more length. But the fact is a crew cab long box truck is less than 22 feet long. My garage is 26 feet deep and there is plenty of room. Do I wish it was 30? Sure.

2016 Ford Super Duty | View Exterior Specifications | Ford.com

For that matter If he is building and he's not doing an outbuilding I would do a 4 car wide and the last 3 stalls double deep. That way the woman of the house parks in the first short stall. The 2nd is his parking spot/tools/workbench and the rest of it is storage/shop space.
I'm not a fan of a shop attached to the house, nearby yes, not attached.
  • Too easy for curious kids to get to it.
  • Welding and grinding is an increased fire risk.
  • Shop noise in the house.

- The lush life-giving land, our personal responsibility.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Darlington County Chapter
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2016, 08:41 AM   #43 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 38193
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001tacoma View Post
Nothing wrong with 900 SQFT, I only bought the house for the land 50 acres, but the existing house is going to ned a well/ septic. I cant change the layout of the house, it is all hand hewn beams.
Pics of your place now? Sounds pimp. Why not add on and fix the septic and well? Any home layout can be changed, damn near, with a bit o' engineering input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CronusTRD View Post
Those big ass soaker jacuzzi tubs suck. Mine takes forever to fill, and frankly, we just don't need a two person bathtub. We are ditching ours during the next remodel.
This it the solution we came up with for the next place. Google "Ofuro Tubs" for a low volume soaker. Its about 32" dia. and 32" deep. Don't quote me, but I think the one we're getting uses about 65 gallons.

This gives you a better idea, of the possibilities.

In our case, it's going into an "Age in Place" home and we'll sink the slab about 8" with a small bench between it and the shower, and two steps on the other side, all in about a 4'x5' space. Has a bitchen sunset view of Nevada City, through the forest, with a glass corner to take it all in.

Gota say, I like my hot tubs, and me and the client (female) are old hot springs buddies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecwboy View Post
9 ft ceilings will cause a lot of waste. Sheetrock and lumber are typically 8, 10, 12 ft long. most framers and sheetrock guys are not going to go through the trouble of reusing the cutoff pieces as they go as it slows them down. ran into the same thing when i built my house. we did 8 ft with a vaulted ceiling in most rooms except the livingroom.
Old information.

My lumberyard stocks 104-1/4" and 116-1/4" studs. Drywall supplier stocks 54" wide panels for 9' ceilings,, and 1/2 sheet of normal 48" DW works fine for 10' ceilings. Yes, it does cost a bit more. Usually a good deal more, since folks usually want 8' doors and taller windows with 10' ceilings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3nuts View Post
Oh, I also just thought about something else. Maybe a trim carpenter (that's what I think you're called over there, internal architrave, skirtings, doors fitter?) can see this too.

Please, try and size your halls, passages, wall placement so it suits the overall width size of a door with a full door architrave on each side. And windows too.

Having a door/window architrave, then 1/2" of plaster, then a wall intersection is really lame. When you could have easily had the wall instersection hard against a full arhcitrave or even just had to trim a little bit off a full architrave for perfect fit up against the wall.

It cheapens a home when there is a 2" door arch on one side and a 3" on the other. Or 2" one side, 4" of plaster on the other. Looks hack as all shit.

It's quite easy to get those visually important aspects right. It's little things like that during the plan drawing stage that make it much betterer.
Stud, plus king and trimmer stud 2 all doorways.

You're right on the centering thang, and if you wanna make sure it gets done right, dimension to the center of the opening, but double-check the above. Also, hire a good framing crew and get good lumber.

Not Jose and the crap they sell @ the Depot.

—Eleanor Rososevelt

Last edited by Screwzer2; 06-10-2016 at 08:47 AM.
Old 06-10-2016, 08:45 AM   #44 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 5859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwzer2 View Post
Exactly this.

This house is waay big for a 3 bedroom. Bigger than it needs to be.

For comparison, I'm designing a two bedroom that's 1650 sq.ft. and the great room is larger than this one (for house concerts).

Keep refining. It took about 6 months of tweaking with the customer to get the dream to fit the budget.

What you've drawn would be around 350-375K built here in California with quality materials.
I just sold a 3 bedroom house that was 1850 sqft and it was too small.

- The lush life-giving land, our personal responsibility.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Darlington County Chapter
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2016, 08:48 AM   #45 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 16809
Big open kitchen
Master separated from other bed rooms
Big master areas

Dislikes
Jack and Jill baths
Cathedral ceiling
Lack of pantry

All in all I would call it a pretty solid house

BigGreenMonster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2016, 09:03 AM   #46 (permalink)

Member # 397210
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGreenMonster View Post
Dislikes
Jack and Jill baths
its not Jack and Jill. I thought that too at first
non-OP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2016, 09:21 AM   #47 (permalink)

Member # 96185
after owning one house for 10 years, renting a totally different style for 6 months and looking at about 30 houses to purchase recently i'll give my input. not necessarily based on your drawing.

9 foot ceilings are nice. we had 8' for 10 years and moving into a house with 9 foot makes it feel like there is so much more room.

Pantry is key. its nice to walk in and have everything together.

I'd consider putting the foyer closet where the office doors are and move the office doors. keeps all the shoes and jackets and crap out of the living space.

when you get to designing the kitchen cabinets, drawers are king. they cost more, but they are so much better than doored cabinets.

Last edited by Midwestzj; 06-10-2016 at 09:21 AM.
Midwestzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2016, 09:21 AM   #48 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 38193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
I just sold a 3 bedroom house that was 1850 sqft and it was too small.
Better design may have fixed that.

—Eleanor Rososevelt
Old 06-10-2016, 09:51 AM   #49 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 151139
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbroncojeff View Post
Dryer vent will be a bitch.

Where is your outside oven exhaust?

Needs a bigger pantry. Everyone drools over our 6'x7' and i wouldn't mind if it were even bigger.

Tub that big better be two person with jets... we use ours about 6 times a year... its fun and relaxing. Have bigass shower as well. Put a door on yours so it isn't drafty.

Sink and urinal in garage.

Is it open on the back side of garage? Put an extra door on the back side and a pad. A freind of ours did this and I'm super jealous. I thought I was cool for having ceiling fans in the garage.

Closets closets closets. We have a christmas closet, a coat one, a family game one, a gift wrap one/unused wall hangings one, an office supply one.

No wet bar?
The dryer vent was the FIRST thing I saw.

I have a big tub and a big walk in shower. I like it and a house without a master tub is harder to sell.

Despite what people say, I built with 9' ceiling and don't regret it. Ther isn't that much waste.

I think attached garages are a huge fire hazard, especially if you are treating it as a shop.
Old 06-10-2016, 09:53 AM   #50 (permalink)

Member # 98875
A few things I've learned from our home ownership experience.

1. Hard for us to know or tell since we don't know what the land looks like you're placing the house on, but consider your east/west orientation. Things like north winds swirling in porch areas, summer west sun heating up the bedrooms throughout the afternoon, and where you'll spend most of your outside/relax time compared to how typical storms blow into your area or what part maintains either the most warm sun or most shade (obviously depending on your region). Our house original builder did not consider this at all. We enjoy being outside to relax, but the back of our house faces west/north-west so it's hot as balls 5 months out of the year in the evenings and catches the wind when the winter storms start rolling in. Also, my in-laws house is spectacular, but their utilities have to always be on because it is not set up in any way to open windows and catch a spring breeze. Even when most people are able to leave Their windows open for a month or so, they are paying for the A/C to keep the place comfortable.

2. It again is somewhat dependent on orientation, but your garage needs air movement. Big doors on both sides or at the least lots of windows on the back wall. Orient the back wall so that it catches the brunt of the winds that kick up in the area, which allows you to keep the doors open when working, but that also gives you the flexibility to open/crack the windows as you please to create a draft through the shop. Seems minor at first, but nothing is worse than needing to work on a project, but dreading going out there because you sweat through your shirt in the first 30 min you are there. Also, as others have pointed out, at least one long bay for the whole full sized vehicle idea. Never know what you'll want in your future to drive and you can never have enough space in that regard. Leave plenty of room to park, close the doors, and still get a jack under the back axle or work bench and walk around space around the front. Me personally, I would make it the further most bay from the house, and put a 5-6 foot roll up door on the corner opposite the garage door, but on the side wall, not straight out the back. This gives it the ability to park a mower or ATV's in that area and still park a vehicle without having to juggle it all when you want to get stuff out.

3. Detached garage. Even if just slightly. The breeze way can be a good location for a chest freezer or mud room or both, but here's my reasoning/personal experience. Fumes are horrid and even worse on attached garages. Try to get a running rich motor swap dialed in while not exhaust fuming out the house, or do some basic painting in the garage without smells traveling. Won't happen. This of course can be counteracted by creating a breeze in the garage (see point #2) but even so, extenuating circumstances arrive and rarely with warning. It'll also help with sound deadening as others have mentioned.

4. Love the bathroom close to the garage entrance. I don't agree, it doesn't look afterthought but actually like a genius addition. Nothing worse than being dirty and oily and needing to step inside for a quick "break" and having to walk the entire house to make it happen. Just remember that that bathroom will likely be used that way a lot, so outfit it accordingly. Don't make a fru-fru bathroom and don't put in "pretty" towels and such. But also while you're on that mindset, consider other similar conviences for the garage (at least if you're the tinkering type or you hang out there a lot). Things like beer fridges, big trash cans, etc aren't novelties if it means the difference of not getting the house dirty from dirty hands every time you need another beer.

4. This is another orientation scenario, but keep in mind your driveway and how it runs in comparison to your doors. My family DESPISES unloading groceries. We go once a month, which means lots of unloading at a time. If I had to walk them through half the house because the nearest parking to a door was the first garage bay, I'd be livid every time. If your driveway will allow it, and with your current house plan, I would contrive a way to park near the front door for such loading/unloading times. It'll still be a walk, but not nearly as bad. Also, another inevitable scenario is having to back a trailer up to one of the garage bays. If you have a "cool looking" curvy driveway, you will hate life. If you have to swing out or basically do anything other than have a straight shot to you garage doors, you will murder babies and kick small dogs. I don't have to back a trailer to my garage very often, however it almost always is needed right after a good rain where pulling out in the yard isn't an option without tearing things up. What kind of moron builds curvy, sweeping, driveways. I could punch the person that designed this place.

5. Your wife WILL park in bay #1, no matter what you plan. Plan for things like work benches, fridges, air compressors, welders, etc. and their electrical needs to be somewhere other than in that area. And leave plenty of room for her to park and you to easily walk past her vehicle to go in and out of the house to the rest of the garage. May not be an issue, but I don't know what she drives and with my wife's 3/4 ton, I would feel agrivated every time I squeezed past it just to go inside.

6. Kids toys. If you don't have an outside storage building, these will end up in the garage. Plan a location for them so it doesn't sneak up on you and wipe out half your usable space. My kids have so many large outdoor toys in the garage, my two car is a one car garage.

7. Hard to tell, did you leave enough room in each bay to open your vehicle doors when all bays are full? How about between the bay's and outer walls? Major PIA if you didn't.

8. This last one is just a recommendation because I seem to always have a project in some sort of disrepair in the garage. I would consider building a carport in front of the garage bays. Guests will appreciate not parking in the sun or rain, but even more important, when the garage is full due to projects and wife's cars, your not forced to stay parked out in a hail storm or damaging sun.

As you can tell, I don't have much to say about the inside and much of what I would have pointed out, others have already mentioned multiple times. But, with that said, my family and I don't spend much time indoors and we seem to thrive on vehicles in states of disrepair. An adequate garage/shop space can really be a game changer when it comes to being happy with day to day living. At least for us it does.

Oh, one last. 8. Tool room/storage area. I don't just mean a general area you'll keep them, but rather a designated storage area that allows the ability to organize and keep them out of the way. If I had the ability to build at the moment, my garage/shop would have a dedicated tool room. Wasted space for some, but I despise searching for tools or having to confine my work area because of tool storage. And just shoving tools into a cabinet or box isn't a good solution. It's too hard to keep tabs on what tools are missing or need repair when they are out of sight/out of mind. The room doesn't have to be much, hell with a good rolling cart it doesn't even need to be convient, but it is a welcome addition.

Last edited by Desert YJ; 06-10-2016 at 10:09 AM.
Desert YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in