Will FOX News now crash and burn? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2016, 02:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 34022
Send a message via AIM to Terrys_85_Toy Send a message via MSN to Terrys_85_Toy
Will FOX News now crash and burn?

Roger Ailes Resigns as Chairman and CEO of Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network, and Chairman Fox Television Stations

Rupert Murdoch to Assume Role of Chairman and Acting CEO of Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network

Quote:
New York, NY – July 21, 2016 – 21st Century Fox today announced that Roger Ailes, Chairman and CEO of Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network, and Chairman of Fox Television Stations, has resigned from his role effective immediately.

Rupert Murdoch will assume the role of Chairman and acting CEO of Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network.

Rupert Murdoch, Executive Chairman, 21st Century Fox, said:

“Roger Ailes has made a remarkable contribution to our company and our country. Roger shared my vision of a great and independent television organization and executed it brilliantly over 20 great years.

Fox News has given voice to those who were ignored by the traditional networks and has been one of the great commercial success stories of modern media.

It is always difficult to create a channel or a publication from the ground up and against seemingly entrenched monopolies. To lead a flourishing news channel, and to build Fox Business, Roger has defied the odds.

His grasp of policy and his ability to make profoundly important issues accessible to a broader audience stand in stark contrast to the self-serving elitism that characterizes far too much of the media.

I am personally committed to ensuring that Fox News remains a distinctive, powerful voice. Our nation needs a robust Fox News to resonate from every corner of the country.

To ensure continuity of all that is best about Fox News and what it stands for, I will take over as Chairman and acting CEO, with the support of our existing management team under Bill Shine, Jay Wallace and Mark Kranz.”

Lachlan Murdoch and James Murdoch, 21st Century Fox’s Executive Chairman, and CEO, respectively, said:

“We join our father in recognizing Roger’s remarkable contributions to our company. Our talented Fox News and Fox Business colleagues, up and down the organization and on both sides of the camera, have built something that continues to redefine the cable news experience for millions of viewers. We are enormously proud of their accomplishments. For them, as well as for our colleagues across our entire organization, we continue our commitment to maintaining a work environment based on trust and respect. We take seriously our responsibility to uphold these traditional, long-standing values of our company.”

https://www.21cf.com/news/21st-centu...x-news-channel

[QUOTE=rustywagoneersdotcom;11056223]Political Correctness is a doctrine that holds forth the proposition that it is possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=fullygruntled]PBB is mostly dumb.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Terrys_85_Toy; 07-21-2016 at 02:36 PM.
Terrys_85_Toy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2016, 02:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 34022
Send a message via AIM to Terrys_85_Toy Send a message via MSN to Terrys_85_Toy
Exclusive — Fox News Stars Stand With Roger Ailes Against Megyn Kelly, More Than 50 Fox Contributors, All Primetime, Willing To Walk

Quote:
CLEVELAND, Ohio — All of Fox News’ primetime lineup is willing to walk out of the network with chief executive and chairman Roger Ailes if he is pushed out by Rupert Murdoch and his family, Breitbart News has confirmed.

Bill O’Reilly, Sean Hannity, Greta Van Susteren, Shepard Smith, Bret Baier, Eric Bolling, Neil Cavuto, Kimberly Guilfoyle, Laura Ingraham, Geraldo Rivera, Juan Williams, Jeanine Pirro, Bo Dietl, Monica Crowley, all of the Fox and Friends hosts, and at least 50 Fox News contributors are willing to depart the network if Ailes is ousted, and leave with him to form a new network, one of the network’s anchors told Breitbart News late Tuesday.

Moar: Exclusive — Fox News Stars Stand With Roger Ailes Against Megyn Kelly, More Than 50 Fox Contributors, All Primetime, Willing To Walk - Breitbart

[QUOTE=rustywagoneersdotcom;11056223]Political Correctness is a doctrine that holds forth the proposition that it is possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=fullygruntled]PBB is mostly dumb.[/QUOTE]
Terrys_85_Toy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2016, 02:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 36733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrys_85_Toy View Post
Exclusive — Fox News Stars Stand With Roger Ailes Against Megyn Kelly, More Than 50 Fox Contributors, All Primetime, Willing To Walk
A couple idle curiosity questions....

Finding new faces to fill in the slots may take time for Fox but how many of those folks that choose to leave can handle the breach of contract litigation costs?

Additionally how long would it take to get the requisite FED approvals for a new commercial channel and funding for same by the individual that's leaving and what guarantee are there that that the cable and satellite companies will pick the new channel up?

Last edited by DavidVanVorous; 07-21-2016 at 02:50 PM.
DavidVanVorous is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2016, 02:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 7647
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidVanVorous View Post
Additionally how long would it take to get the requisite FED approvals for a new commercial channel and funding for same?
It's not a broadcast channel. What Fed approvals are needed

Now, network and provider agreements would be an issue.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

KF5EQF

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

apeters89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2016, 02:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 16468
After their primary coverage, I hope they do. They seemed to be part of the Trump campaign. @[email protected]#$ Fox news.

Last edited by Mikel; 07-21-2016 at 02:51 PM.
Mikel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2016, 02:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 397210
So allegations of inappropriate sexual advances surface and he resigns? Does that not make it seem a tad coincidental?
non-OP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2016, 02:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Damn kids

Member # 162771
Quote:

Finding new faces to fill in the slots may take time for Fox but how many of those folks that choose to leave can handle the breach of contract litigation costs?
I guess all they'd have to do to get released would be to feel up Meghan Kelly.
plym49 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2016, 02:53 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 419770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrys_85_Toy View Post

Sinful is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2016, 03:03 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 36733
Quote:
Originally Posted by apeters89 View Post
It's not a broadcast channel. What Fed approvals are needed

Now, network and provider agreements would be an issue.
Short doing what he did in the mid 80s and buying preexisting TV channels he has to get the same ones that Fox, ABC, CBS and NBC carry to be independent. They have to get frequency and transmitter approval for commercial TV. Alternatively deal with preexisting networks and stations which could be "interesting" for a fly on the wall in the negotiating rooms.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_News_Channel

In May 1985, Australian publisher Rupert Murdoch announced that he and American industrialist and philanthropist Marvin Davis intended to develop "a network of independent stations as a fourth marketing force" to compete directly with CBS, NBC, and ABC through the purchase of six television stations owned by Metromedia.[11] In July 1985, 20th Century Fox announced that Murdoch had completed his purchase of 50 percent of Fox Filmed Entertainment, the parent company of 20th Century Fox Film Corporation.[12] A year later, 20th Century Fox earned $5.6 million in its fiscal third period ended May 31, 1986, in contrast to a loss of $55.8 million in the third period of the previous year.[13]

Fox News Channel (FNC), also known as Fox News, is an American basic cable and satellite news television channel that is owned by the Fox Entertainment Group subsidiary of 21st Century Fox. As of February 2015, approximately 94,700,000 American households (81.4% of cable, satellite & telco customers) receive the Fox News Channel.[1] The channel broadcasts primarily from studios at 1211 Avenue of the Americas, New York City, New York.

Of course he could get in bed w/Trump and jointly create "Trump TV"...

Last edited by DavidVanVorous; 07-21-2016 at 03:11 PM.
DavidVanVorous is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2016, 03:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Won't make a damn bit of difference. And they will have 50 more vapid attractive contributors tomorrow. That girl who nursed with coke in her system would be a perfect fit.

Companies helping me get dirty:

& Blaine

:tank:
Beat95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2016, 03:15 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 171786
Use other sources for news than MSM

NSA: The only part of the government that actually listens.
Sin52 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2016, 03:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 123806
well... it if gets rid of these 2
Geraldo Rivera, Juan Williams + add a few more
good to see Gretchen C gone...she was an advocate of getting rid of guns
( did not see the names of so called analyst karl rove and the instant poll guy)

the ones i would miss..
Bret Baier, Eric Bolling, Neil Cavuto, Kimberly Guilfoyle, Laura Ingraham
Dr Monica C.

tired of the rest of teh talk`n heads

pull the fucking plug
Old 07-21-2016, 03:53 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 9307
Old 07-21-2016, 04:11 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 126327
As long as the necklines plung and the skirts are short, Fox will be fine.
wichita lineman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2016, 04:17 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 377
Fox News will probably be fine in the long-run. As long as they have a monopoly on right leaning major network news programming, where else are people going to go?
east_beast is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2016, 07:59 PM   #16 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 44662
Risky gamble. One of Murdoch's kids is a hard core internationalist with an environment realist bent. His wife is a full on environut. Given the 2.2X viewership over their closest competitor and the sons lack of understanding of what makes their markets hard so large....they're headed for a decline. At least in the short term.

David, a lot of those personalities have it in their contracts that they can bail if Ailes isn't on staff.
Old 07-21-2016, 08:01 PM   #17 (permalink)
Damn kids

Member # 162771
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Driver View Post
well... it if gets rid of these 2
Geraldo Rivera, Juan Williams + add a few more
good to see Gretchen C gone...she was an advocate of getting rid of guns
( did not see the names of so called analyst karl rove and the instant poll guy)

the ones i would miss..
Bret Baier, Eric Bolling, Neil Cavuto, Kimberly Guilfoyle, Laura Ingraham
Dr Monica C.

tired of the rest of teh talk`n heads

pull the fucking plug
Shepard Smith. He's the best of the lot of them. I don't know why he gets dissed in terms of losing prime spots and instead getting all the yeoman tasks.
plym49 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2016, 08:08 PM   #18 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 20298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinful View Post

Exactly.
I used to love Greta van Sustern (probably not spelling that right) until she had plastic surgery and turned into a shill. Prior to that her shit was full-on legit news...bitch let EVERYONE have it, both barrels.
Old 07-21-2016, 08:13 PM   #19 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikel View Post
After their primary coverage, I hope they do. They seemed to be part of the Trump campaign. @[email protected]#$ Fox news.
Hell, Fox's coverage was so biased they made CNN look "fair & balanced".
Fox used to have at least some semblance of objectivity, but that went away years ago.
One of the great achievements of science has been, if not to make it impossible for intelligent people to be religious, then at least to make it possible for them not to be religious. We should not retreat from this accomplishment.

Quote:
Salesmen and women. God sells to the ignorant.
SanDiegoCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2016, 08:19 PM   #20 (permalink)
Get Off My Lawn

Member # 77386
Quote:
Originally Posted by plym49 View Post
Shepard Smith. He's the best of the lot of them. I don't know why he gets dissed in terms of losing prime spots and instead getting all the yeoman tasks.
Fuck Shepherd Smith. He should have gotten canned or been demoted to a fluffer back in 2002 when he said "blow job" live on air. He's a race baiting cunt... who makes about 8 million a year to spin the news, last I checked.
Action Fab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2016, 09:01 PM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 39564
Quote:
A couple idle curiosity questions....

<snip>
From what I read, O'Reilly, Hannity and others have a contract clause that says they can leave with Ailes.

Rig Rater Score 721
NakedJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2016, 12:06 AM   #22 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedJeeper View Post
From what I read, O'Reilly, Hannity and others have a contract clause that says they can leave with Ailes.
Since all they do is spin shit, let them leave. Put journalists on the channel.

Companies helping me get dirty:

& Blaine

:tank:
Beat95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2016, 05:37 AM   #23 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 16751
Ailes getting paid $60 million to leave

Nice golden parachute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do we really think that a government-dominated education is going to produce citizens capable of dominating their government, as the education of a truly vigilant self-governing people requires?[Alan Keyes]

For some, Freedom matters, for most, prosperity suffices.[Fred Reed]

74Bronco EFI 5spd
roundhouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2016, 05:55 AM   #24 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 38193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat95YJ View Post
Since all they do is spin shit, let them leave. Put journalists on the channel.
How old fashioned.

That's why they call it the Present

—Eleanor Rososevelt
Screwzer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2016, 08:25 AM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 49232
Send a message via Yahoo to Camarogenius
^^^^^^ A perfect example of an early agenda-driven spin doctor^^^^^^^^
Camarogenius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in