First it's phones, and now it's washing machines. - Page 3 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2016, 01:50 PM   #51 (permalink)

Member # 6417
Send a message via Yahoo to Dieselmh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johann View Post
But yeah every dollar I save maintaining things can go to stuff I want like guns and tools.
Guns are disposable. If your guns are more than a few years old, you really should throw them away and get new ones.
Dieselmh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2016, 01:54 PM   #52 (permalink)

Member # 43837
I wanna see the pics of shrapnel stuck in their wall.
Old 09-29-2016, 02:00 PM   #53 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 16751
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingfire View Post
Who the fuck uses a top loader anymore? Why pick up the load of heavy ass wet ass clothes when i can (read she) just shuffle them from the washer to the dryer whilst not hurting her back?
why cant they just put a heating element in with the front loader washer?
so you dont have to shuffle the clothes over ?
Do we really think that a government-dominated education is going to produce citizens capable of dominating their government, as the education of a truly vigilant self-governing people requires?[Alan Keyes]

For some, Freedom matters, for most, prosperity suffices.[Fred Reed]

74Bronco EFI 5spd
roundhouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2016, 02:12 PM   #54 (permalink)

Member # 70825
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundhouse View Post
They make em.

All-In-One Washer/Dryer - Washers & Dryers - *The Home Depot
Old 09-29-2016, 02:44 PM   #55 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 222933
Location: southern illinois (no where near that shit hole chicago)
I have a matching samgsung washer and dryer. It's almost 2 years old. I wonder if it will blow the back off of the house?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Sent via smoke signal
redsand723 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2016, 02:56 PM   #56 (permalink)

Member # 43389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselmh View Post
We own the stupid Samsung washer that has the "pre-soak" sink built in, and the matching dryer. Neither has exploded yet, but I kind of hope they both do so I can go back to the cheaper stuff. I hate this computerized shit. The washer has 50 settings that we never use, but if you want to set it to heavy duty or something like that, you have to do it every time, because it reverts back to default after each load. The dryer fucking sucks too. I shit you not, it took close to 4 hours to dry a fucking comforter the other day, because it has all this safety bullshit on it. Even if you set it for timed drying, it monitors the temp and humidity and will shut off when it "thinks" it's done. Guess what, fucker, it wasn't done. I knew we should've just bought the cheap shit again. The first set lasted almost 13 years.
uhh now u have me worried..i didn't go with the pre-wash one, but still got a samsung combo all electronic and what not.. still waiting to move into my new house, maybe home depot will do an exchange for another brand for me..

more concerned about the dryer sucking than the washer exploding..
drenmaster j is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2016, 03:14 PM   #57 (permalink)

Member # 6417
Send a message via Yahoo to Dieselmh
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundhouse View Post
They make all in one units, and like most things that can do "everything", they're not really good at doing anything. At least the 2 or 3 we've used in various vacation condos weren't all that great. Good space savers, but we ended up using it as a washer only and hanging our clothes on the balcony, because we're white trash and don't give a shit.
Dieselmh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2016, 03:41 PM   #58 (permalink)
Hophead

Member # 4829
Send a message via AIM to Joe_W
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingfire View Post
I get laid because i take care of my wife...if sure wants a fucking front loader washer, well by golly, I'll get her front loaders. She also has a double oven with 6 burner stove, are you guys going to spaz out over that shit next?
you're the one who went all "errmagawd who has top loaders anymore?!" so you started this spaz fest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddin
The vagina doubles as a neat little fanny pack.
Joe_W is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2016, 03:56 PM   #59 (permalink)
EMT

Member # 69553
Maybe some of you with a front loader can get a little money back...If you own a front-loading washer, you may be owed money | WPMT FOX43
EMT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2016, 06:10 PM   #60 (permalink)

Member # 232666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_W View Post
you're the one who went all "errmagawd who has top loaders anymore?!" so you started this spaz fest
I guess i should have used fingerssince it was said in jest, but once i saw the top loader uprising, i just rode it out
sterlingfire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2016, 07:07 PM   #61 (permalink)

Member # 4251
Quote:
Guns are disposable. If your guns are more than a few years old, you really should throw them away and get new ones.
Yeah, I'll start with the ones that are over 100years old. They clearly are out of style!
Old 09-29-2016, 07:30 PM   #62 (permalink)

Member # 141714
Apparently some of you all haven't seen some of the fancy new top load washers which have just as much electronics as the front loads.
We have a front load washer and dryer that was floor models at Lowe's. We got both plus the bases so you don't have to bend over for almost 50% off retail . We actually had to have the dryer worked on when we got it because it had some overheat fuse that was bad from the get go. As for the washer it has a cleaning cycle and as long as you shut the door but don't latch it complety it air dries and has no mold or smell. It can suck if you forget to toss an item but for the first like 5 mins of the cycle you can pause it and add more stuff.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:40 PM   #63 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 9144
Send a message via AIM to DozerDan
Quote:
and hanging our clothes on the balcony, because we're white trash and don't give a shit.
Did this recently at a hotel in FL, they were not joking about that little sign next to the door saying not to do that. Got a knock on the door and a nice man asking us to remove the towels and bathing suits from the rails. I thought it was funny, the gf whose name the room was in did not.

Fear is not an option!
DozerDan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2016, 05:56 AM   #64 (permalink)

Member # 71568
Send a message via AIM to gmcz7198 Send a message via Yahoo to gmcz7198
We have one of the affected washing machines, they apparently have a fix.
From the email they sent today.

Dear Valued Customer,

According to our records, you have registered your Samsung Top-Load Washer on our website. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has recently approved remedy options that are now available to our customers. Please use the link below to access your information and select your remedy

Please note, that the recall remedy is urgent to your safety. Please ensure that repair or rebate option is completed.

Existing customer remedy selection page:
Voluntary Recall of Certain Top-Load Washers

Because you have already registered your washer, a Home Label Kit will arrive to the address provided within 14 days.

Until your service has been completed, we encourage you to wash all bedding, bulky, or water-resistant items on the delicate cycle. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you, but your safety is our top concern.

If you have not yet registered online to receive your Top-Load Washer Home Label Kit, please visit Voluntary Recall of Certain Top-Load Washers to complete your request. If you have already requested your Home Label Kit, please allow up to 14 days to receive your kit.

NOTE: YOUR REMEDY IS NOT COMPLETE UNTIL THE HOME LABEL KIT HAS BEEN APPLIED TO YOUR UNIT.

If you have any additional questions regarding your product, please contact 866-264-5636 and provide your reference number shown above (8AM to 10PM EST, 7 days a week).

Thank you for being a loyal customer. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Thank you,
Samsung Customer Care
Old 11-05-2016, 07:07 AM   #65 (permalink)

Member # 141714
The fix is to add a sticker saying to wash bulky items in delicate or it could hurt you?
Old 11-05-2016, 08:39 AM   #66 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 177990
My Mom has a Kenmore top loader from back in the 70s. I've replaced the belt twice now since she got it in the 90s from my grandfather. Damn thing still works just fine. When she gets rid of it I'll grab it and bring it down to Texas. It will probably still be working 20 years from now.
Brimmstone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2016, 08:59 AM   #67 (permalink)

Member # 124967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimmstone View Post
My Mom has a Kenmore top loader from back in the 70s. I've replaced the belt twice now since she got it in the 90s from my grandfather. Damn thing still works just fine. When she gets rid of it I'll grab it and bring it down to Texas. It will probably still be working 20 years from now.
Yep, my super duper front load is 16 years old. Motor blew 7 years ago.

Almost called my contacts at NASA for help, but I was stuck without a Sat phone.

Turns out those things are just a shell with a single control board, and *mostly* the usual mechanical/motor parts!

Fawk me! who knew?

Replaced the motor. $120. 16 years and counting.....
Tigerchief is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2016, 09:20 AM   #68 (permalink)

Member # 12578
Thanks for posting this. I hadn't registered mine so I wasn't notified.

My choices are to have some reinforcements installed plus one year added to the warranty or they will give me $500 toward the purchase of another Samsung washer OR $400 toward the purchase of a non-Samsung washer.

I opted for the fix and warranty extension. So far this unit has been great so may as well keep it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcz7198 View Post
We have one of the affected washing machines, they apparently have a fix.
From the email they sent today.

Dear Valued Customer,

According to our records, you have registered your Samsung Top-Load Washer on our website. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has recently approved remedy options that are now available to our customers. Please use the link below to access your information and select your remedy

Please note, that the recall remedy is urgent to your safety. Please ensure that repair or rebate option is completed.

Existing customer remedy selection page:
Voluntary Recall of Certain Top-Load Washers

Because you have already registered your washer, a Home Label Kit will arrive to the address provided within 14 days.

Until your service has been completed, we encourage you to wash all bedding, bulky, or water-resistant items on the delicate cycle. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you, but your safety is our top concern.

If you have not yet registered online to receive your Top-Load Washer Home Label Kit, please visit Voluntary Recall of Certain Top-Load Washers to complete your request. If you have already requested your Home Label Kit, please allow up to 14 days to receive your kit.

NOTE: YOUR REMEDY IS NOT COMPLETE UNTIL THE HOME LABEL KIT HAS BEEN APPLIED TO YOUR UNIT.

If you have any additional questions regarding your product, please contact 866-264-5636 and provide your reference number shown above (8AM to 10PM EST, 7 days a week).

Thank you for being a loyal customer. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Thank you,
Samsung Customer Care
Old 11-05-2016, 10:23 AM   #69 (permalink)

Member # 9095
Send a message via AIM to 44Runner
I still have my first front loader which is probably 7 years old at this point. I was the highest end Maytag made at the time. I am not sure I would get another one but really that would be up to the wife. I hate having to take it apart every so often to clean it out so it doesn't stink. Sure it's not that big a deal, but I never once had to pull apart my top loader. I also don't think it cleans as well as my old washer. The only thing I like about it is that I can wash certain things I couldn't wash before because it doesn't have an agitator.

I have 3 rental houses that all have cheap top loaders with matching dryers I bought off CL. I payed anywhere from $100-150 for each set and they are all still going strong and who knows how many years they had on them before I got them. I wouldn't even dream of putting front loaders in a rental property even if they were given to me. I think that says a lot.
Old 11-05-2016, 10:32 AM   #70 (permalink)

Member # 124967
Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Runner View Post
I still have my first front loader which is probably 7 years old at this point. I was the highest end Maytag made at the time. I am not sure I would get another one but really that would be up to the wife. I hate having to take it apart every so often to clean it out so it doesn't stink. Sure it's not that big a deal, but I never once had to pull apart my top loader. I also don't think it cleans as well as my old washer. The only thing I like about it is that I can wash certain things I couldn't wash before because it doesn't have an agitator.

I have 3 rental houses that all have cheap top loaders with matching dryers I bought off CL. I payed anywhere from $100-150 for each set and they are all still going strong and who knows how many years they had on them before I got them. I wouldn't even dream of putting front loaders in a rental property even if they were given to me. I think that says a lot.
My Wife was the only reason I got my front loader. It was "the new thing". Yeah, new thing to blow money on.

When mine malfunctioned, to her GREAT dismay, I fucking fixed it for a bill instead of going shopping for the latest bling, blowing another grand.

From 2001, no stink issues. Some mold forms on the seal.

Rule of thumb: front load washer: door stays open after load, front dryer: door stays closed.

Last edited by Tigerchief; 11-05-2016 at 10:35 AM.
Old 11-05-2016, 10:42 AM   #71 (permalink)
CJF

Member # 41971
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjeep View Post
If you ladies are done with the top vs front loader argument. More interesting question is how does a washing machine "explode"
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbroncojeff View Post
I wanna see the pics of shrapnel stuck in their wall.
Samsung Recalling Almost 2.8M Washers Due to Impact Injuries - NBC News
CJF is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2016, 01:04 PM   #72 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 5859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerchief View Post
From 2001, no stink issues. Some mold forms on the seal.

Rule of thumb: front load washer: door stays open after load, front dryer: door stays closed.

We use white vinegar instead of fabric softener and half the soap. No mold ever.

- The lush life-giving land, our personal responsibility.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Darlington County Chapter
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2016, 02:15 AM   #73 (permalink)

Member # 124967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
We use white vinegar instead of fabric softener and half the soap. No mold ever.
Hmm. I never use fabric softener, but that's a good tip.

Thanks.
Old 11-08-2016, 04:29 AM   #74 (permalink)

Member # 684433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
I did just replace all the toilets in the house with better units, because we had the "first gen" low flow bullshit, Things didn't work worth (sorry for the pun, I really am) shit!

But again, with a toilet, every, 10 years or so. Things rust out, designs change (other than ascetics/fashion). The new ones do cool things like 'half flush' for piss and have some power valve thing for 'power' flushing I just know you could put a bowling ball in them and that thing would flush it LOL!
First off, your replacing low flow (front loader/HE washer/dryer) toilet with a regular unit (top loader/low tech) is this exact conversation that is being had.

Secondly....very very very little has changed in terms of a toilet and how it works. And parts to maintain a toilet are exceptionally cheap with very little ever going wrong.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in