FYI, pitbull tires are 50% off today - Page 20 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2017, 09:12 AM   #476 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 398
Send a message via ICQ to welndmn
Quote:
Originally Posted by giddyap View Post
I called Pitbull to check my order. The lady I talked to (Debra?) said they had the tires in stock but had calls out to people. I said I didn't want to jump ahead in line. I just wanted to find out how much longer they though it would take. She transferred me to AJ and he said he's called 100 people and only 50 have called back and he figures those are the serious ones. I again said I didn't want to jump ahead in line but he said since I called he'll ship my tires. So I gave him my CC number.
Order 1597, 35x1250x17 PBX ATs
Are they charging you shipping?
welndmn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2017, 09:23 AM   #477 (permalink)

Member # 676833
I made a call to Pitbull on Monday. They told me my tire size will be made end of February. (37X12.5X15 radial). I explained I needed the tires by March 1st. He put me on hold and checked the shipment that came in. One set of my tires came in. He put them on a truck to my house. Did I jump in line? I don't think so. Order number 225. My order I had to pay the shipping as stated on their website. I also got a call back and was told I had to pay the sales tax. I'm not even in the same state. The extra $70 didn't break me nor did I complain. I got a great deal on tires that I would have had to wait until next year to order. Bottom line if you want your order, give them a call and be nice. If you have to pay the shipping or sales tax suck it up or cancel your order.
pzjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2017, 09:32 AM   #478 (permalink)

Member # 43637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'Customcj7 View Post
EDIT: Just bought some 38.5x13.50x16.5 Maddog Radials for my Jeep for daily driver tires and the occasional off-road for $1504, for 6.

Then told my wife, and said, "pay no attention to the fact that the jeep isn't running right now, but I have 6 new tires!! LOL"
Here's my concern. These are what I ordered, however on their site they don't offer this size anymore. I'm order number 1677 and I haven't called yet, but I think I'm going to call to make sure I'm in there, and that they will be offering the tire size I ordered.

I ordered 6 to bypass the free shipping, so my order will still be about $1500 with just 5. Didn't have a spot for 6th tire anyways, just considered it a bonus.

Here is what I ordered: Pit Bull Maddog M/T LT Radial
[QUOTE=PAToyota;19894137]Back in college, we were making up acetylene balloons and putting them in a box to take off to light. Guy comes into the room, goes "Balloons!" and grabs a balloon, rubs it on his head, and sticks it to the wall... Everyone was diving for cover... :D[/QUOTE]
Ol'Customcj7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2017, 10:04 AM   #479 (permalink)

Member # 693993
Quote:
Originally Posted by welndmn View Post
Are they charging you shipping?
Yes, $50/tire. I only ordered 4 and did not reach the 1499 threshold so I can't complain. At $222/tire total it's a good deal for a 35/1250r17 tire.
giddyap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2017, 12:04 PM   #480 (permalink)

Member # 43637
Well fuckity fuckity fuck fuck fuck.

Called and found out, they discontinued my tire size, so I'm shit out of luck. They will honor their discount on another set of tires though, so that's good at least.

Now I'm stuck. The only tire I can fit for my CJ would be the 37x12.50x16.5 XOR LT which is seriously aggressive for street/light trail use. Or I can get some tires for my truck which are just their 35x12.5x17. Shit. I didn't want super aggressive for my CJ as I have swampers on beadlocks for trail use. These are daily street / light spotaneous trail use. My old tires are 15+yrs old BFG MTs. They need to go.

37 Rocker XOR LT

35 Hardcore LT Radial
[QUOTE=PAToyota;19894137]Back in college, we were making up acetylene balloons and putting them in a box to take off to light. Guy comes into the room, goes "Balloons!" and grabs a balloon, rubs it on his head, and sticks it to the wall... Everyone was diving for cover... :D[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Ol'Customcj7; 02-01-2017 at 12:09 PM.
Old 02-01-2017, 12:38 PM   #481 (permalink)
thhhpptthh!

Member # 10798
Send a message via AIM to sceep Send a message via MSN to sceep
why wouldnt the lt radial ft on your cj? what size did they discontinue while there were pending orders for them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by USDA forest service website
It is every American's birthright to use the national forests and grasslands in multiple ways, including outdoor recreation in all its forms.
sceep is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2017, 12:43 PM   #482 (permalink)
DRM
Super Moderator

Member # 8
@Ol'Customcj7 - Why not just get the bias Maddogs? I think you'll be fine with them.

>It only hurts the first time you agree with me...
>"A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men."
DRM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2017, 01:14 PM   #483 (permalink)

Member # 43637
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceep View Post
why wouldnt the lt radial ft on your cj? what size did they discontinue while there were pending orders for them?
Yep, I had an order for 38.5x13.50xR16.5, and they have discontinued them since then. Still have the info on the website under technical specs too. The 35 LT Radial is only available in 17inch rim and up.

Maddog Radials LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM View Post
@Ol'Customcj7 - Why not just get the bias Maddogs? I think you'll be fine with them.
Bias Maddogs don't come in any size I can use for 16.5. The only one close is 35x14.50's, which is under their tech specs, but not listed as a sold item. Even then, I don't want tires that wide.

Last edited by Ol'Customcj7; 02-01-2017 at 01:17 PM.
Old 02-01-2017, 02:03 PM   #484 (permalink)

Member # 87916
Quote:
Yep, I had an order for 38.5x13.50xR16.5, and they have discontinued them since then. Still have the info on the website under technical specs too.
Im just kind of in shock that they didn't notify you that your tires were discontinued. Im assuming as the talk in this thread, that you weren't charged yet correct? What would have happened if you hadn't checked the website or called ? Does that mean if you place an order now, you have to wait for all the other orders to go out?

Last edited by twoslo4five0; 02-01-2017 at 02:04 PM.
twoslo4five0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2017, 03:08 PM   #485 (permalink)

Member # 43637
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoslo4five0 View Post
Im just kind of in shock that they didn't notify you that your tires were discontinued. Im assuming as the talk in this thread, that you weren't charged yet correct? What would have happened if you hadn't checked the website or called ? Does that mean if you place an order now, you have to wait for all the other orders to go out?
Yeah, I'm glad I called. I hadn't heard a peep.

I like everyone else was charged, then refunded the money immediately pending the shipment. I don't know how long I would have had to wait to find out. My order was 1677 and I saw some people getting close or higher than that so I called. They said they would honor the price discount so we'll see. The guy told me they actually had my replacement in stock so I may get lucky, if not, I'm waiting again, maybe.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:34 AM   #486 (permalink)

Member # 138697
I'm order #187
Only ordered two 41.5" Radials
Shipping was $150.00

I was told two weeks ago that I should expect to get my tires by the end of February.
Old 02-02-2017, 09:32 AM   #487 (permalink)
DRM
Super Moderator

Member # 8
Quote:
Bias Maddogs don't come in any size I can use for 16.5. The only one close is 35x14.50's, which is under their tech specs, but not listed as a sold item. Even then, I don't want tires that wide.
Are you really doing that much DD in the Jeep? Hell, I'd run the Rocker Radials in a 37 on it

>It only hurts the first time you agree with me...
>"A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men."
DRM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2017, 12:33 PM   #488 (permalink)

Member # 43637
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM View Post
Are you really doing that much DD in the Jeep? Hell, I'd run the Rocker Radials in a 37 on it
This would be my street set of tires. Yes I do drive my Jeep a lot. And I put my beadlocks and swampers on for trail abuse. That's why I wanted something with mild tread if they will always see street. I went with the Rocker XOR Radials so we shall see.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:30 PM   #489 (permalink)

Member # 694345
Quote:
This would be my street set of tires. Yes I do drive my Jeep a lot. And I put my beadlocks and swampers on for trail abuse. That's why I wanted something with mild tread if they will always see street. I went with the Rocker XOR Radials so we shall see.

You know you are hardcore when your street tire is a Rocker!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Craig6.9diesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2017, 01:59 PM   #490 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig6.9diesel View Post

Companies helping me get dirty:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

& Blaine

:tank:
Beat95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2017, 03:01 PM   #491 (permalink)

Member # 135583
Just got off the phone with Pitbull. They said the 41.5" Radials should be ready at the end of Feb and they will probably start calling people about shipment around the 10th of March.
92vegasYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2017, 09:10 AM   #492 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 398
My tires were delivered the other day.
42's on a 17" wheel. I bought 6 of them.
Order# 666

Shipping was about $60 a tire.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:44 AM   #493 (permalink)

Member # 693993
Quote:
Originally Posted by welndmn View Post
My tires were delivered the other day.
42's on a 17" wheel. I bought 6 of them.
Order# 666

Shipping was about $60 a tire.

How long did it take from getting the call to showing up on your doorstep? And did you have to sign for them?
Old 02-03-2017, 10:39 AM   #494 (permalink)

Member # 43637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig6.9diesel View Post
I make all the mall crawlers jealous.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:44 AM   #495 (permalink)

Member # 694345
Quote:
I make all the mall crawlers jealous.

My jeep is my Daily also and I ordered 41.5 Rocker Radials also... lol

Craig6.9diesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2017, 11:03 AM   #496 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 398
Quote:
How long did it take from getting the call to showing up on your doorstep? And did you have to sign for them?
It took about a week after I got the phone call.
Yes, I did have to be home to sign for them.

I also cut them off the pallet still on the truck, so the driver could keep the pallet.
I don't want to deal with it.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:11 AM   #497 (permalink)

Member # 450338
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92vegasYJ View Post
Just got off the phone with Pitbull. They said the 41.5" Radials should be ready at the end of Feb and they will probably start calling people about shipment around the 10th of March.
what size wheel? All of them?
nukegoat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2017, 01:41 PM   #498 (permalink)

Member # 135583
Quote:
Originally Posted by nukegoat View Post
what size wheel? All of them?
Thats for the 17" wheel
92vegasYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2017, 03:24 PM   #499 (permalink)

Member # 693993
For those that have received tires, what freight company has delivered? I got an email telling me my tires shipped. They gave a list of companies that may have been used and a tracking number but the number doesn't work with any of the companies. Here is the list:
DHL
Canada Post
Australia Post
Yellow Freight
Schenker, Inc
Old 02-04-2017, 03:27 PM   #500 (permalink)
ANGER IS A GIFT

Member # 23680
Quote:
For those that have received tires, what freight company has delivered? I got an email telling me my tires shipped. They gave a list of companies that may have been used and a tracking number but the number doesn't work with any of the companies. Here is the list:
DHL
Canada Post
Australia Post
Yellow Freight
Schenker, Inc
What's the number? I bet I can guess.
Dookey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in