King of the Hammers 2017 - Page 24 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2017, 11:15 AM   #576 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 4375
Quote:
Originally Posted by djljeep View Post
Another angle from 2014

again, I actually really enjoy watching Tom race and I assume this is just rumors circulating and that no one who matters is getting that wrapped around the axle over this. I want to see the Mustache memes after he wins.
That angle shows an entirely different perspective. That was seriously a dick move.
Old 02-11-2017, 11:18 AM   #577 (permalink)

Member # 110248
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad booger View Post
I saw that footage as well. Very impressive driving and footage.
That video is on the King of the Hammers Facebook page and IG accounts. I can't figure out how to link it here.

They also have footage of the helicopter catching up to Wayes and you can see him with his helmet up eating a snack bar and then realizing the heli is there. He then signals the helicopter with 1-0-7 (his speed at the time) with both hands. Then he starts clapping all excited. He talked about it in his interview.

Also, how about Bailey Cole doing 1.5 laps with the rear shocks blown? That must have been violent.
djljeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2017, 11:19 AM   #578 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 4375
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybluerider View Post
His "old car" he says he'd never had the new one up it.

Again, its all mental masturbation and hindsight at this point anyhow, so take it for what it is.

I just find some irony in him bitching about a winch line being run over, if that is what happened.

He could have easily taken the left line and not risked a co-driver/winch line/rollover.
Everything changes when you put the helmet on and the flag drops so who knows what he was thinking? Just running my mouth at this point.
Old 02-11-2017, 11:29 AM   #579 (permalink)
The dude abides

Member # 114517
The running over of Toms winch line is purely speculation at this point.I honestly don't think Tom would bitch about running over his line.All you guys are a bunch of whiney bitches.Let the story unfold, if there even is one.
Old 02-11-2017, 11:34 AM   #580 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 24238
The "fog of race" can give serious tunnel vision sometimes. You see your line, and not what's just outside of it. I'd really bet he didn't see the codriver until it was too late and he was fully committed, if he did see him at all.

I don't think anyone would do that on purpose.

If I was out of the car and winching there, I'd have stood back when I heard what that motor was doing. I almost got my ass run over at an RCQ in a somewhat similar circumstance - I thought I was getting out of the way but the driver made another choice than I was expecting or took a different bounce.

that video is a great example of why both drivers and codogs NEED to be conscious of the fog of race, and look past and around your line for an extra quarter second or pay attention to the nasty motor doing work in close proximity, particularly when something doesn't look 110% as expected.

I'm just glad nobody got hurt.

But that's last year's race. Not Spooner's this year. It's just a reason not to feel too badly if Tom's winch line wasn't seen by another competitor.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#5, Legends #571, UTV codog #901
koh19 crew: 4632
koh18 codog: 901, 4816 - crew: 928, 209, 4610
Mint17 pit crew: 4454, 946, 8199
koh16 codog: 2700 - crew: 572, 928, 4610
koh15 crew: 572

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
Mr. Mindless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2017, 11:41 AM   #581 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 4375
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEER TICK View Post
The running over of Toms winch line is purely speculation at this point.I honestly don't think Tom would bitch about running over his line.All you guys are a bunch of whiney bitches.Let the story unfold, if there even is one.
I think you should be more mindful of your sig.
Old 02-11-2017, 11:46 AM   #582 (permalink)
The dude abides

Member # 114517
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
I think you should be more mindful of your sig.

Lol!! I never said mine smelled good😀
Old 02-11-2017, 02:52 PM   #583 (permalink)

Member # 136053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtuleas View Post
This shit would not happen if they still had the Pirate van.

Someone needs to put gas in the generator
Dave has the Pirate van. He bought it a few years ago.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:55 PM   #584 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFan55 View Post
Dave has the Pirate van. He bought it a few years ago.
It has been sold a few times since. It was just rebuilt and listed forsale by 100dollarman

Companies helping me get dirty:

& Blaine

:tank:
Beat95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2017, 06:50 PM   #585 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 109423
Still watch this a couple times each year. Always makes me laugh....

Go back to riding your Fag Dog Brokeback or whatever the fuck its called.
1990GT50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2017, 06:59 PM   #586 (permalink)

Member # 110248
Regarding the Loren Healy Engine failure/fire:
djljeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2017, 08:00 PM   #587 (permalink)
Meet me at the bar

Member # 346233
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsawduste View Post
CrowBar says Hi.

Fixing a bet on DS for him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsawduste View Post
I'm at race mile91 devils slide. Should see some action soon. Can't see the tracker. We have a betting pooloon when the first car comes through. I'm at 1030. Give me some insider info

Quoted from CB
Thanks for the attempt to help me win the pool. If only I would have posted titty pics I would have probably won. Seems like tho only way to motivate you fawkers.
Here is the video I tried to send you jsawduste. Cell service was shit out there.

edit-sorry its sideways I don't know how to fix that.

Last edited by crowbar7; 02-11-2017 at 08:03 PM.
crowbar7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2017, 08:31 PM   #588 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 4375
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowbar7 View Post
Thanks for the attempt to help me win the pool. If only I would have posted titty pics I would have probably won. Seems like tho only way to motivate you fawkers.
Here is the video I tried to send you jsawduste. Cell service was shit out there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRO2mcX3jEQ

You were sitting exactly where I pictured it. That's our lunch break spot when we run Hell's Gate, down the slide and then Sunbonnet.
Old 02-11-2017, 08:38 PM   #589 (permalink)
Meet me at the bar

Member # 346233
It was a good spot. I would't mind going back there.
Old 02-11-2017, 08:44 PM   #590 (permalink)
Meet me at the bar

Member # 346233
videa my cousin shot.
https://www.facebook.com/katie.m.sto...8252120790707/
Old 02-11-2017, 08:46 PM   #591 (permalink)

Member # 102813
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990GT50 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsnFZDdG5bo&t=220s
That was great!

[COLOR="Lime"]The good guys...[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]Marlin Crawler, Hellfire Fabworks, Dave'z Offroad, gearinstalls.com (Zuk), Diamond Axle, RADesigns, Advanced Adapters, Jantz Engineering, G-Fab motorsports, Got Propane, JHF [/COLOR]
Mr Stubs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2017, 06:35 AM   #592 (permalink)

Member # 686594
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEER TICK View Post
Are you serious? It's a world renowned race,with rules. Rules are,you get all your check point stickers.
Sarcasm meter broken?
01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2017, 09:19 AM   #593 (permalink)

Member # 343466
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990GT50 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsnFZDdG5bo&t=220s
Lol...one of my favorites too.
wvjeepguy81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2017, 09:52 PM   #594 (permalink)

Member # 157355
-Monday blew motor
-Tuesday Tuckers Off-Road drove to LA picked up a 347 stroker(found by my fake internet friends, which was awesome)
-Running again by 2:00 Tuesday
-I rolled it at 2:20 Tuesday on engine break in
-Wednesday - we intentionally went slow on qualifying I was gun shy from the motor and roll, looking back, I should have stayed in it and picked up 10 seconds to get me in the middle of the pack.
-Thursday Prep all day and pitted for a friend.
-Friday was just what you would expect out of a hybrid Rockbouncer/4400 car. The car was prepped really really well and everything that went wrong were things that were brand new and damn bad luck...

-Mile 4 - I lost my hydration bladder
-Mile 5 - my brand new Monster SS trans started leaking from a seal on the side on the exhaust and caught us on fire. I will be calling Monday. I jb welded a new seal
-Mile 12 ish I lost fuel pressure to a clogged filter
-Mile 15 I lost fuel pressure again
-Mile 25 ish I was going 50mph and suddenly saw my front driveshaft shoot out FORWARD 60' in front of my and 20' off the ground. We lost a new 5/8 upper link bolt, my yoke and drive shaft exploded and ejected forward. I used a new upper bolt and a 3/4" nut as a heim spacer, pulled the axle forward with the winch, etc... We carried on in 2WD.
-Mile 27 we lost fuel pressure again to a clogged filter AND switched to the back up fuel pump as a pre caution.
- Pit 1 my team put a new yoke on and the spare drive shaft on
- 1 mile out of Pit one someone from another team helping out didn't tighten the front u bolt strap enough and it spit a cap putting out the front drive shaft and into 2wd again. shit happens it was a crazy pit! just glad to have help.
-resolution and backdoor in 2wd.
-main pit my team put a new ujoint and drive shaft in
- 1.5 miles out of main pit a local ran onto the course and waved me down screaming. when I stopped I saw the flames rolling up the sides, we were on fire and didnt know it. The spectators put me out and saved my 4400 car... then towed me to my garage.... just awesome and great people out there.

The winch power cable melted, broke, and dead shorted to the steel tranny line... instant fire fed by my tranny pump.....

Everything that went wrong was just abnormal stuff. The car has raced OK for 3 years with none of these issues. Dirty fuel from AZ, a bad tranny from monster, a sheered 5/8 grade 8 upper, etc. It really cool to pull up to that start line. I have an awesome group of people behind me making it possible, the get all the credit for me even making it there. Tuckers Offroad is awesome, I can't say enough about them. They get all the credit for me making it to the hammers much less overcoming a blown motor and all the issues we had.

Hammers..... unless you have driven it the desert is harder than you can imagine, its the hardest race for a reason and a lot of fun. My car was built for tree dodging, its right for that and awesome at speed in big rocks, not right for the desert. I didnt make it to the big rocks and thus didnt get my chance to catch the desert cars. Thanks to anyone who helped me out or watched. It's about you all, not me
Old 02-12-2017, 10:28 PM   #595 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 5639
cool run down on your experience. Atleast you got to run! I'd say that was nothing abnormal, it's all completely normal. Lol

Get to do any wheeling while you were there?

Kindness doesn't condemn or condone

Just Add Lightness
Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2017, 10:58 PM   #596 (permalink)
Need an LS

Member # 23188
Tomahawk's explaination on facebook:

Let's set the record straight.
The back door thing was unintentional. I took a bad bounce went with it and drove out of it. Was it a great decision who knows but I was leading the race by over a hour and that was lap traffic and the cod river and I and the course official made visual confirmation. There was no intentional actions. I don't care that Shannon drove over my rope, I don't care that he took 35 feet of my winch extension, 30 feet off my drum, my flatlink and looked at it drove over it. That is what it is, he didn't have verbal or visual permission to do either one of those. I did my best to get my car out of the way so I wasn't blocking the notch in spooners. I tried to point out to drivers that I could signal to take the high line while trying to fix my rear driveline. Every other driver managed to go around clean.
At that point he had 50-60 feet of my rope wrapped around his front left axle, I ran up next to him less then a foot from his window. He stopped, I reached in to untangle the mess and he stood on the gas, now I'm belling surfing his drivers front tire getting mostly run over trying to hang on to his door bar and not get my legs run over by his back tires. Then I got the rope out and he proceeded. End of story, I was pissed wanted to file a red card and didn't push it. There the facts Memes
Old 02-12-2017, 11:39 PM   #597 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 5639
so it all didn't matter anyways huh.

Kindness doesn't condemn or condone

Just Add Lightness
Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2017, 11:50 PM   #598 (permalink)

Member # 21320
That sounds pretty shitty
Old 02-13-2017, 12:41 AM   #599 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 161770
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowbar7 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRO2mcX3jEQ

youtube should have the ability to rotate the footage.

if not, you can send me the file (dropbox, google drive) and I can spin it for you and send it back. if you care.

climbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2017, 05:55 AM   #600 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 66684
How did the golf cart do in 4400?
2big bronco is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in